Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #586  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks!
Last thing I want to do is sabotage my own progress.

Yesterday I had a lighter breakfast and I sure did get hungry, so I guess I just have to keep playing with the foods I add to find the right balance.

I need to go grocery shopping today for "low salt" items like salad dressing, does anyone have any recommendations on a brand/type? I really don't recall seeing any.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #587  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

Hi again!

Tahnks for all the welcome and encouragements! i stepped on the scale this am..-6lbs exactly. Yay me!
I am sure some was water weight, but I had been drinking allot of water to begin with, so some had to be nasty fat... it all helps keepo me on the straight and narrow!
I am hesitant about tomorrow...I am hosting a bbq for specific customers tomorrow at work....and I ALWAYS screw up on the days i dp that. I eat the cookies the burgers the sausages...the whole enchilda *hmmmm those sound good* if you know what I mean. how can I avoid that????
Old 09-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #588  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

newshinyme - I like the salad spritzers, or I just make my own honey mustard dressing.

2dogs1lady: Bring your food and eat it instead of whatever is being cooked. Bring along a boca burger and grill that for yourself. That can be a protein serving. Is there going to be salad, veggies or fruit? Eat those things to keep you full. Also, consider moving your NS dessert to the time of the bbq, so you can have something sweet and not feel deprived.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #589  
atlchick819

S/C/G: 210/168/150

Height: 5'7

Yes, I lose from top to bottom also so not loving that!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:17 PM   #590  
Learning to fly again

Making my own dressing!
That's a great idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that one before. But then again, that's what this community is here for

2dogs1lady: let me know how you did with the BBQ today, so far I've managed to stay home for all my meals because I fear that temptation will be too much if I'm "out there", but sooner or later I will have to go on social gatherings and I need tools to stay on track.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #591  

NewShiny,
Well I did not do so well, but I did not do so bad either. I had a hamburger patty, & 2 sausages with buns..oh and a wagon wheel. I can not belelive they ever got so small! They ar emor elike th enut off the wheel, not the wheel now! hahaByut for supper I had my NS meal and a mint bar.

But tomorrow is another day
Old 09-13-2008, 06:28 AM   #592  

Good Morning Everyone -

Lori - Congrats on your loss this past week and you were right I also lost this week too!

Weigh in was down 1.5 lbs, so the total is 60.5---the bear is mine in the next auto delivery!

New Shiny Me -Just keep trying different things and you will find what works the best for you. I dont think I can help you with Low Salt Salad Dressing, I don't think I ever saw them...I use Kraft Dressings - Fat Free or Light depending on what I am doing with my fat serving for the day (this has nothing to do with taste - it is convenience - they sell it in my company store!).

2dogs1lady - Congrats on your loss this week. 6 pounds is awesome. As far as your BBQ goes - that was yesterday and this is today. The most important thing to do is get right back on your program. I will bet it wont really matter on the scale next week and you didnt do poorly....and you had a NS Dinner - that is victory in itself. My issue always was a bad meal would turn into a bad day, week, month and then year...if ya know what I mean.

ATL - The good news is - once I started losing from the bottom it happened really quickly and not so much with pounds, but inches. I am sure this will happen with you also.

Have a great day everyone!

Sue
Old 09-13-2008, 07:19 AM   #593  

Catresq, I know exactly what you mean about a day becoming a week, a month etc. Been there done that, but I don't find the NS meals too bad, and they certainly are easier!
60.5! Congratualtions! That is fantastic! You must be so proud of your determination!!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #594  
The Radiant One

Sue
Old 09-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #595  

S/C/G: 191.5/163.5/150

Height: 5'5

Hi All! Welcome new members! Congratulations everyone on your weight loss. Sue - size 8!!!!!!

I've been having a hard time getting back on track since Mexico but all in all, I've been doing okay. Today it's back to business though. I finally weighed myself and I'm the same. Thankfully. I actually did alright in mexico. I didn't go crazy and kept my portion sizes smaller. My husband even commented at how well I was doing. Again, the booze is another story. Somebody on this board suggested vodka and crystal light..I can't remember who. That was my drink everytime I was trying to lose weight! Now, I just do vodka & water with some lime - But man, do I love a cold beer..lol

Anyway, it's so great to be back on here again.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #596  

S/C/G: 191.5/163.5/150

Height: 5'5

I'm finally in the 170s...179 lbs to be exact...lol..puts me at a 12.5 loss since my first day on NS - August 6th. I really do love this diet and I think it's pretty easy to follow. Easier than any diet I've been on and I've been on all of them. I haven't followed it exact and as you know I've had many a 'treat' day since being on it so I really can't complain.

I've only had one order so far and I postponed my next order because I still have a lot of food left but I really wish I had some cheesy potatoes and chocolate crunch bars.

I tried a pasta entree for the first time yesterday and I loved it..I think it's called Rotini & Meatballs..tomato based sauce. It was very good.

As I mentioned before, I love that I can ease into cooking and not feel so overwhelmed.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:00 PM   #597  
Learning to fly again

Congratulations slac!. Sounds like you are right on track even with the trip and the treat days Isn't it a great feeling when you move to the next "10's in pounds"?

I agree, this plan is so easy to follow. Most of the food is pretty good (although I am not particularly fond of any of the breakfast items).
I usually don't have dessert so having to eat dessert every night makes me feel like I am cheating lol. I love it!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:12 PM   #598  

S/C/G: 181/180/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys! Brand new here! Thought I'd say, today is day 1 for me for NS -- Thankfully I'm a lucky recipient of a 3 month's supply to review (without prejudice) -- And, I kind of already messed up by forgetting a snack with me at work after lunch.

I'm totally starving at the moment, but said no to a co-worker's granola bar So, at least I have some will power!

I'm going to review the rest of this thread tonight!

Cheers!
Tanya aka NetChick
Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #599  
The Radiant One

slac - congrats on the 170s!

Tanya, Good luck with NS, hope you enjoy it! Make sure you eat all your food and addins so that you don't get hungry.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #600  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi ladies... I feel like I've been gone forever. But that's kind of a good thing, because while I was gone I hit the 10 lb mark! 11.4 lbs down, 58.6 to go... Woo hoo! How is everyone doing?
Closed Thread