Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #646  

Hi Everyone -

Ditto on the tacos - they are really good no matter how you make them!

Marine Mommy - Welcome. Lori gave great advice in the link she sent. My box usually comes before UPS is able to provide tracking info. My box is sent from PA and I live in NJ, it usually takes about 1.5 days to arrive.

Lori - We will do this together....lets just jump into the 130's. I am okay with being stuck also....I figure it didnt happen until I lost over 60 pounds - so that isnt too bad.

Have a great evening everyone.
Sue
Old 10-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #647  

Sue & Lori - thanks for the welcome and the great information! I can't wait to get started. I'm super excited. I've been over 200 lbs for too long, and that number just keeps creeping higher!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:49 AM   #648  

Good Morning everyone,

Well thanksgiving was a huge success. After just being on nutrisystem for a week Kim and I have both learned about portion control and we took that knowledge to two thanksgiving dinners this weekend. At first we were both really tempted to just indulged but we reminded eachother that we made a commitment to ourselves and this diet. Once dessert came around we decided to just get out of the house and go for a walk to help remove us from the temptation. We are now fisished our first week and looking forword to tackling this new week :-)
Old 10-14-2008, 10:30 AM   #649  

Hey everyone..

I have yet another question

Does Nutrisystem allow you to use a dash of salt to spice up your meals. If so, does anyone have a recommendation for a salt substitute. Kim and I tried a product called "No Salt" a few months ago and I have to say it has the worst taste ever.. EVER....
Old 10-14-2008, 04:10 PM   #650  

Hey Everyone -

Sarah - Keep up the enthusiasm! It will help and I am sure you will do great. This is a very easy program to follow! When your box comes it is like Christmas.

Danny - Sounds like you and Kim did a great job over the holiday weekend - no dessert and a walk instead? High Fives for that one! As far as salt goes, I dont think I can help you out - I cant stand salt...but I have heard that sea salt is better for you than regular table salt.

Have a great night everyone,

Sue
Old 10-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #651  

The box came! Tomorrow is day 1!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:40 PM   #652  

Marine Mommy - Welcome.. how exciting that the box finally come. I bet it felt like it was never going to come. Atleast thats how it felt for me. I look forward to hearing what you first couple days are like
Old 10-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #653  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all!
I am happy to report that after what seemed to be a disastrous weekend, I am still down for the week
Does anyone find that if they eat more than they "should" every once in a while they lose more?
I had been losing about 1 lb. a week for the last couple of weeks, but Saturday I gave myself a "free" day and by Sunday (official weigh-in day) I had lost 2 lbs, I was actually thinking I was going to be staying the same, so yay me!

sue - Congratulations on the 6 lbs, you'll be in the 130's soon along with Lori

Danny - Good job on Thanksgiving, you and Kim should be very proud of yourselves. As for the salt, I try not to add any more to anything, I think the Sodium content in NS foods is quite high. I am one of those people who likes food on the salty side, but I've been trying to keep my sodium intake in check (doctor's recommendation), and slowly, I am getting used to it. Sometimes I do think my veggies are bland and will add a tiny sprinkle, but most times, I try and make them taste good with other herbs and spices. Surprisingly enough, I have noticed that there are things that I would've had no problem eating in the past and that now I find too salty, so I guess I am breaking my salt addiction

Sarah - Welcome to the world of NS, let us know how your first day goes
Old 10-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #654  

Okay- day one is almost over! I feel like if I can just make it through one whole week without messing up, I'll really succeed!

My first impressions - wow, everything is so easy. This is the first day in years that I haven't wondered what food choices to make! I love that I just had to choose a package from my cupboard, and add the fresh stuff. For breakfast, it was lemon poppy seed muffins, lunch was chicken and barley soup, and dinner was the cajun chicken and sausage. I haven't selected my dessert/snack for tonight yet, but I can tell you now it has to be something sweet!

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Danny & Kim - amazing job declining dessert! What an inspiration you are to me!

Newshinyme - yes, I've noticed if I throw in a bad day every once in a while, I'm rewarded with a bigger loss! It must trick your body to stay out of starvation mode.

I'm anxious to weigh in next Wednesday and see my first NS loss!

Good night!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #655  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5' 4.5"

That has to be my absolute favorite thing about NS: grab and go!! My biggest problem with eating right has always been that it takes too much brainpower and time that I just get sick of trying. But now I have no excuses and I prefer NS food to regular food any day.

Last edited by sarahraegraham; 10-16-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #656  

S/C/G: 191.5/163.5/150

Height: 5'5

Sarahs - I completely agree about how easy this diet is to follow. I love the variety. With other diets I got so bored and end up eating the same things over and over again. If I saw one more grilled chicken breast I would've lost my mind.

As for me, I've only lost a pound in the last couple of weeks. I'm at a total loss of 16 lbs. It seems like I've been stalling right now. I've been working out extra hard lately and I've been eating well. I can't say I've been sticking to NS completely so I guess that's why. I need to get back to business. Always seems like there's something going on...mother in law in town, thanksgiving, trips, etc....I know, excuses, excuses!!!

That's it. I'm getting back on track now. I really want to see a 20 lbs loss soon - 4 more to go. I thought I would've by passed that by now. Easy to lose at the beginning, I guess.

Staci
Old 10-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #657  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! Glad to see all the NS newbies doing well! It is easy to follow, and you don't need to think so much about food.
That was why I ended up doing NS for a while. I was just so tired of thinking about food all the time, and being totally stuck.

Staci - perserverance is the key for you. Maybe try spicing up the foods some to get you motivated to stay on the NS foods. Use the pancake mix to make pumpkin bread or muffins. Or do a BBQ pizza. Shake things up.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #658  
Learning to fly again

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberlover View Post

Staci - perserverance is the key for you. Maybe try spicing up the foods some to get you motivated to stay on the NS foods. Use the pancake mix to make pumpkin bread or muffins. Or do a BBQ pizza. Shake things up.
we don't have the pancake mix here in Canada. It's actually quite surprising how many things we DON'T get here compared to the US menu.....Oh well, maybe one day.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #659  

Hmmm...why is the Canadian menu different?

Today is day 3 for me! I'm feeling good - still feeling in control. But I'm feeling headachy - probably because I'm also trying to give up caffeine.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #660  
Learning to fly again

Sarah: I suspect the issue is with Canadian regulations regarding food products, I know there are other companies that can't send food items into Canada from the US because of that (they have to get ingredients approved or something of the sort). The Canadian NS website is pretty new from what I know, so I guess they are still working at adding different products.
The Canadian website has nothing in the way of resources either BTW, which is a shame.

I have a question for the more experienced people. I will be going on a 3 week trip in a couple of weeks. I will be staying at my parents' house and they know I am trying to lose weight. Problem is, I can't really take my NS foods with me so I will have to do without for the duration.
What do you suggest I do? I can be in control (mostly) of my meals but I would like some guidelines as to how to manage to at least maintain the weight loss. I figure breakfast I can do pretty much the same as on NS with oatmeal and bran cereal. Fruits and veggies will be readily available. It's mostly lunch and dinners that I am more worried about.

Last edited by Newshinyme; 10-17-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Closed Thread