Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #436  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilweezycarter82 View Post
Everyone That Is Having Great Success On Jorge's Diet Can You Please Like Share What Your Eating On Your 7 day planner so I can have a good idea??

I Know That's Crazy But Really Would Like To Know.

Jamilah

Hi Jamilah,

Yesterday for breakfast I had two eggs with cheddar cheese. Lunch was tuna with two slices of wonder light bread and a salad with blue cheese dressing. I wasn't hungry for dinner but changed my mind around 8ish and ate eggs again with a mini egg bagel with REAL butter. I hope that helps. Also, in between I had almonds and a couple pieces of a sugar free chocolate bar, and babybell cheese.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #437  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Hi Jamilah,

For breakfast I usually have two large rye crisp crackers (Ryvita from Whole Foods or Wasa crackers from any grocery store) loaded with cream cheese. S/C value= 1/1

For lunch on work days I usually bring a pita pocket sandwich with either 2 tbsps Simply Jif peanut butter inside or tuna salad (tuna, real mayo, dill relish). I eat that with a 100 cal pack of sun chips or smartfood popcorn which come in little baby bags.

S/C Value w/PB= 4/2, S/C value with Tuna salad= 2/2

Then for dinner I mix it up depending on how many sugars and carbs I have left in the day. Some of my favorites are shirataki noodles with Trader Joe's three cheese tomato sauce (SUPER LOW IN SUGAR!) or an omelette. I also really enjoy an angus burger in a pita pocket.

A couple of options I've found for food on the go are:

Arby's: Medium Roast Beef, remove half of bun, eat with cheddar cheese sauce. S/C= 3/1

Anywhere: Chicken Caesar salad, only eating a FEW croutons. S/C= 3ish/1

McDonalds: 10 piece chicken nuggets. Be careful with the sauces! S/C= 0/2. For breakfast, Sausage mcmuffin with egg. S/C= 2/2

Jimmy Johns: Un-wich-- sub sandwich without bread in a lettuce wrap. S/C= 3/1

*Disclaimer* I KNOW that eating at home and getting more greens, etc. is healthier, but I have had excellent success on this plan because there are items I can eat while on the move that keep me within the guidelines. Please do not think I advocate eating McDonald's every day, or that I use my carb values for white bread a lot. But if you are going to adopt a lifestyle, it is important to be able to follow through, no matter how busy you are.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #438  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good morning everyone.

Lauren the funny thing is that I was not concern about it when my toes were num! Now that I have gotten the feelings back I am just curious to see what had caused it. If my blood work comes out all normal I might even cancel my appointment. About Sushi, sorry I don’t know.

Jamilah that is a great idea, it could give each of us new ideas.

For me breakfast has been 3 egg omelet. The first week in mid morning I had either Fage yogurt or cottage cheese. I buy the single serving containers so that I do not even have to measure it. At first I was eating the whole container of Fage 2% which is 8/1, that was making my S/C for the day too high, so after couple of days I switched to half a container for the 4/1 value. Cottage cheese is also is 4/1. This week I did not feel mid morning snack.

Lunch and dinner is 3 to 4 oz protein with vegetables. I have grilled chicken, shrimp, and hamburger, made fish, and tuna salad. For vegetable I have grilled zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper, tomato, asparagus, and mushroom. My lunch veggies is in the form of green salad that could include lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cauliflower, carrots, celery, bell pepper, radicchio, endive, spinach, and avocado. And for salad dressing I use Newman’s Own Ranch. Afternoon snack is usually unsweetened ice tea with a bit of cream. Couple of days I got hungry and had a choice of string cheese, cream cheese (again I got the mini ones that just came out that are 1 oz each to make sure I don’t over eat), or handful of walnut, almond, or pecan. For after dinner treat I told myself if I want something I go pickup 85% dark chocolate, but so far I have not crave anything after dinner.

I have also made chilled zucchini soup (check this post for recipe http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3375400-post392.html), lentil soup (check this post for recipe http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3387223-post425.html), and chicken salad (with rotisserie chicken, celery, walnut or almond or pecan, parsley or tarragon, and ranch dressing). This weekend I am planning to make zucchini patties. I will post the recipe after I made it.

I have been also drinking a lot of water and only water, sometimes up to 4 quarts, but usually 3.

I hope this help a bit.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:07 PM   #439  

I bought zucchini and summer squash to make zucchini patties on Sunday, but decided I want some today, but did want to go to trouble of a new dish, so I made my version of Ratatouille (without eggplant).

My Ratatouille! (4 servings)
1 red pepper, sliced, 5.5g C/2.9g S
1 med. zucchini, sliced, 6.7g C/3.4g S
1 med. summer squash, sliced, 6.7g C/3.4g S
1 C. Trader Joe’s Double Roasted Salsa, 16g C/ 0g S
1/2 yellow onion, diced, 5.5g C/2.5g S
1 T. extra virgin olive oil, 0g C/0g S

Total: 40.4g C/12.2g S; Serving: 10.1g C/3.05g S; S/C: 3/1

Preheat oven to 375.
Place the onions in a baking dish and pour salsa over it. Layer the red peppers, zucchini and squash slices over the sauce. Drizzle with olive oil.
Cover pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Thank you Txalupa and rachelearth, I always find it so helpful to see what others on the same plan are eating.

Hope everyone is having a phenomenal Friday
Old 07-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

and Jaclyn too, sorry, I missed your post at first. Thanks for your menu too.

Today I had....

Breakfast - 2 eggs over easy, 2 slices bacon, 2 slices cheese 0/0

snack - cheesestick (maybe 2) 0/0

L - Flat out wrap, hummus, turkey, cheese, spinach, sf jello 1/1 (hummus has 1 gram of sugar, flat out has no sugar, but one carb - everything else is free)

Snack - pirates booty (I buy the big pack of single servings bags - so 1 bag) 0/1

D - meaty pasta bake (from the book), spinach with olive oil, salt and pepper 1/2

Dessert - 5oz of white wine 0/0, 1 tiny square of dark chocolate 1.5/0, 1 sugar free chocolate chip cookie 0/1

Total for the day - 3.5/5
Old 07-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #442  

Hi...

I am new to BFC and just started this week. I'm not down any weight, but I'm also not "eliminating" like I should. A few questions:

1 Jay Robb protein...does it matter if it's whey or egg white protein?

2. I've never been regular, so I know my body needs more fiber than most people. I would be happy with going once a day. I take the BFC drink Psyllium husks with Lifewater. I was taking it once a day and now I switched to 2x a day. Still not eliminating daily??? Any suggestions? I read on here someone said increase your water intake to 16 glasses, I'm going to give that a try for a few days

3. Here is an example of my diet: thoughts???
Breakfast: protein shake (jay Robb w/ water)
Snack: 2 slices of cheddar and some berries
Lunch: Ry Crisp crackers, garlic and herb cream cheese, prochuitto
Dinner: steak, a few French fries (6-8), water, salad with a little blue cheese dressing. Piece of SF chocolate (malatiol)

* about 2x a week I have a small glass of milk 4-6 oz late night, because it helps me sleep

Thanks
Sarah
Old 07-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #443  

Hi Sarah. Welcome. It is so great that you joined us.

I take benefiber with my morning tea and so far I have had no problem. Someone here also mentioned that she is taking Psyllium husks and she too does not have any problem.

I think drinking more water, as you said you are going to try, is very good. I would also suggest eating more fiber rich food. For example have some grilled veggie or green salad with your lunch as well and even make your dinner salad serving larger. And one more thing, walking for maybe 20 to 30 minutes could help too.

You know I am new to BFC too, started almost two weeks ago. From what I have read so far the philosophy of BFC is to eat healthy and clean and most importantly eliminate sugar. If I may make a few suggestions. First maybe you like to replace your SF chocolate with Lindt's Extra Dark Chocolate 85% Cocoa for example, I think it is healthier, it does not contain Maltitol which is not healthy, plus it has 3g fiber for 4 squares (http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...te-85%25-cocoa). Secondly for breakfast, if you like eggs, maybe try an egg omelet. Not that Jay Robb’s protein shake is not healthy, but I have been trying to eat as natural as I can and also eat tasty food. The beginning of the year I tried to lose weight with drinking 2 Atkins shakes for breakfast and lunch and then an LC dinner. I could not go more than 10 days at a time this way. Plus since I felt deprived during the day I tended to over eat at night. Needless to say I did not lose anything. So this time I am trying to make sure that at each meal I am satisfied. I tend to eat less when I eat a tasty meal. And lastly you might like to try one of the alternatives to the regular milk that is full of sugar. Amber talks about milk replacement choices here: http://www.meandjorge.com/2010/07/mi...-fat-cure.html.

I hope that you would solve your difficulty soon. Come and post your progress. Good luck.

Last edited by rachelearth; 07-17-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #444  

Wow, this thread has been moving! Way to go!

I just wanted to post to Rachel that I too have numbness in my hands and feet and it is not from diabetes. I have carpal tunnel syndrome in my hands -- and basically the same thing in my feet, but tarsal tunnel. I think this way of eating helps because you do not retain as much water, from sugar and salts. When I eat better, I feel better, not only in my clothes but in my hands and feet.

I haven't weighed myself for a week or so, mostly because I was feeling down. So, I decided I would just do the best I can to stay within my sugar/carb limits each day and not give in to the binge if I allowed myself to have a cookie or whatever. One cookie is not going to kill me, but eating a dozen is a different story! ;-)

My daily menu is usually something like this:
2 egg omelet with sauteed mushrooms or bell peppers, shredded cheese, 1 piece whole wheat toast
snack, 1/4 cup of mixed nuts (no peanuts)
lunch, chicken or other protein from the night before, sauteed veggies
dinner, protein (chicken, pork, beef, etc) and 2 servings of veggies (broccoli, green beans, etc)
I may have a snack a few hours after dinner of 1/4 cup of nuts.

I have to cook for myself as well as my family (husband, 14 year old daughter, 9 year old daughter, 1 year old son) so I usually make them a starch of some kind -- potatoes, pasta, etc to go with the protein and veggies.

It's not especially exciting, but I do the best I can.

CS
Old 07-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #445  

Hi CS. Thank you so much for pointing this out to me. I had never heard of tarsal tunnel. I only knew about carpal tunnel. Someone at work was diagnosed with it. Poor thing he was in so much pain. He finally had to have operation on both hands. He is OK now. His doctor said since he works with computer all day that is how he damaged his hands.

My toes are almost to 100% feeling. Now when I try to move them I feel a bit a resistant. Like there is a very thin layer of something sticky around them that does not let me move them easily. I am sure that shall go away within a few days.

CS Your menu looks very healthy. I am sure you are going to report a few pounds loss very soon. I am excited about tomorrow morning, my official weigh-in day.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #446  

S/C/G: 174/172/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone,

Today would be my weigh in day but I am not going to do it. I ate well last week but over the weekend I had that celebrity chef dinner I wrote about last week and a cook out. I drank a lot of wine with no regrets. My clothes do not feel any looser so I am not subjecting myself to the scale. I still feel very good about this plan because it is making me more health conscious and it is becoming easier to follow. I am happy to be doing something as opposed to ballooning out of control.

For the cook out, I made a broccoli slaw. I used a bag of prepared slaw, Hellman's Mayo, salt, pepper, and added a few drops of Stevia to sweeten. It was delicious. A serving is 3 ounces which has 5g carbs and 2g of sugar.

Happy eating!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #447  

Thank you for welcoming me... Rachel

I have been drinking more water and I am going about once every other day. Which is much better than once every 4-5 days, like before. I guess I have to give my body time to adjust.

As for breakfast... I am not really an egg fan or a breakfast fan. So protein shakes are really a good option for me, especially since I am usually in a hurry in the morning.

Here are my stats... I am really a true "apple" with all of my weight in my middle section.
Weight
S:156/C:155/G:135
Waist (measured Jorge way... at belly button sucking in)
S: 35/C: 34/G: 29

In regards to working out I have a few questions, since it does not seem to be addressed in the book too much. I already work out 5-6 days a week usually weights and run 2 miles, sometimes Spin Class...

1. So I just started P90X and I have a deal with my husband, that if I can eat good (belly fat cure) and finish P90X (90 days). He will give me a $1000 to go shopping for new clothes. I need some accountability so if you guys could help that would be awesome???

2. Anyone else on here workout a lot? Results? Does it help with the Belly fat cure?

Sarah
Old 07-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #448  

Hi Guys.

I am down another pound this morning for the total of 5.8 in two weeks. I am so excited and feel so empowered. I know that I am going to lose all the weight that I want to lose.

You know I was comparing my weight loss now with summer of 2004 when I was doing Atkins. That year I started at 157.6, and the first week I lost 4.2, and the second week 3.4. Then weeks 3 and 4 I did not lose anything. I think 150 must have been my set point, but if not, and if I am going to lose the same pattern, meaning if I don't lose any weight in the next two weeks, I thought I should have a another indication for myself to show that I am still losing fat. So I found two of my jeans that I cannot fit in them yet. One is size 12. I bought it I think when I was 145 and I could still wear it when I was 150, with difficulty but still, lol. So I put it on this morning and was able to button it while holding my breath. I took pictures with both button fastened and without. I figured in two weeks, if I had not lost any weight, I shall put on this jean, take another picture, and compare. Hopefully by then I would be able to easily button it. The other one is size 10. I think I got that when I was around 130. Hopefully after I broken into my size 12 jean, then I shall try size 10.

So what about you guys? Would you want to join me on this, and go through your closet find a piece of clothing that does not fit now and use that as to gauge your fat loss in couple of week?

Sarah, I am so glad that your difficulty is going away. You know when I was doing Atkins back then, if anyone complained about not going every day people would respond that since we are not eating that much junk anymore, we don't need to go that often. So I think every other day might be the right frequency for you. Especially that you are active. Active people are regular, I have been told.

And I have not started working out yet. I walk, a lot, but to me workout is to go running or biking for about an hour or more, concentrating on the workout. Not walking a few minutes here a few minutes there. I am planning to start soon though. It has been too hot here, and since I have to be outside to work out, I have been avoiding. Also I felt that I am too heavy to start; I thought I might hurt myself. So I am planning to start once I got closer to lower 150s, or August 1st when we hopefully shall be done with this hot and humid air.

Sarah, I can be your cheerleader for the next couple of weeks and then I shall become your competition, lol, so watch out. Please post your workout and we would be more than happy to keep you accountable. Who doesn't want $1000 to go shopping spree. So go right ahead, post your workout.

Last edited by rachelearth; 07-19-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 200/200/180

Height: 5"10

Default Just came across

Has anyone heard of the Body Magic 2 step system?
Old 07-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 171/154/149

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone,
Missed my weekly weigh-in yesterday since I was out of town. I was DREADING the scale since my tracker looked very sparse....I forgot to track on several days and that usually means trouble for me. There was temptation all over the place this weekend for me- Thai food, which I love, a birthday party, and a dinner party with awesome desserts. I did my best, skipped all of the desserts, but did indulge in some Thai curry that I know had a lot of coconut milk in it. Anyway, I'm not going to beat myself up about it- I did my best and the scale was kind. I lost only a few ounces, so I'm happy that I essentially maintained during a difficult weekend.

Thank you for all of the great meal ideas. For me, almost every morning I make a huge eggbeater omelet with bacon bits (or leftover meat) and cheese. I divide it in half and put it on two toasted slices of Oroweat Light bread. I think I am the type of eater who needs quantity to feel full. That is why portion control has always been a beast with me. Anyway, having this open-faced is like I am having a lot of food- two open-faced sandwiches looks like a lot. I also have coffee or green tea with this.

For snacks I usually eat string cheese or almonds. I heart peanut butter, so when I have a sweet tooth, I have sometimes been known to eat two tablespoons of pb right out of the jar with almond milk. Yum.

Lunch is almost always in a high fiber (12g) wrap- leftover chicken or tuna with lettuce in it or as a salad on the side. My favorite dressing is the Paul Newman's caesar which has pretty good numbers.

Dinner is tricky for me. I have to cook for my husband (who, by the way, Sarah, does P90X... more on that in another post) and my two kids. I've tried to make some healthier fare for them, but it's going to take some getting used to. I don't ever want them to start hating what I cook just because I have to lose weight, so it's a work in progress. I try to always have tofu and salad in the fridge so that I can eat the protein they are having and skip the starch.

For dessert, I almost always have 3 squares of dark chocolate. I even take it to my family dinners at my siblings' houses so that I can eat that while they're diving into the cakes and pies. That has really saved me- I have never felt deprived when I have dark chocolate.

Have a great week everyone!
Closed Thread