Old 10-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 235.5/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Default talking about family meals....

Our family revolves around food also...

Summer get to gethers, my brother grills a cream cheese, bacon, jalapeno, and chicken appetizer..... along with grilled brats, and of course you have to have salsa and chips.

Thanksgiving it is turkey which isn't so bad, but then you add in the dressing, green bean casserole and of course pie for dessert.

Christmas is horrid. Not only do I bake - 'cause in Dad's words "It wouldn't be Christmas w/o the goodies (mom no longer bakes) and the pies, and the prime rib along with all of the other holiday parties you go to......

I am going to have to find will power... 'cause I am doing this not only to look better, but also for my health.

My Godmother had a massive heart attack and died at my age... seriously same age. 17 years ago. So it is time to behave myself, act like an adult (at least 90% of the time) and take control over this!

Last edited by Lady67; 10-09-2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: left out 2 words
Lady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #77  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Lady67:

We can do this, I come here for support and i'm here for anyone who needs it back!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

I hear ya Lady67 - I am back here to get rid of the extra weight to look better and for my health too. Part of what gave me the extra kick in the butt to get back on plan is my high blood pressure & cholesterol. It's crazy but both have shot up since I was tested in March 2013. I have put on a few pounds since then but I have to wonder if menopause is part of the reason for the increase (doc also confirmed I was menopausal). Ugggh! I hate taking med's so I am going to try and get my numbers down with my diet and exercise.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
I hear ya Lady67 - I am back here to get rid of the extra weight to look better and for my health too. Part of what gave me the extra kick in the butt to get back on plan is my high blood pressure & cholesterol. It's crazy but both have shot up since I was tested in March 2013. I have put on a few pounds since then but I have to wonder if menopause is part of the reason for the increase (doc also confirmed I was menopausal). Ugggh! I hate taking med's so I am going to try and get my numbers down with my diet and exercise.
I got off HBP meds when I went onto MRC and my husband is not on the diet, refused to take HBP & cholesterol medication, and asked me to help him with his diet, and he has never had to take meds.. It can be done, and it is lots of willpower, but I think health wise it is the way to go. My HBP at one time, was 190/110 , and being a nurse I knew that I was on my way to stroke or whatever, so decided to stop this nonsense. I will be honest, it was the diet I was eating. MY HBP was so bad my head felt like it was going to explode not to mention the pain in the back of my neck. I am thankful I had symptoms so I knew what was up, as some HBP is silent.

A doctor told me , being menopausal was an excuse for women who gain weight, and you can stay trim and still be menopausal. When I hit menopause, I found I got some belly fat, but it did not contribute to any gain.

This forum is here for support. So I am soooo glad to see some of the older members back.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #80  
Sherry, Senior Member

Good morning ladies! Patzi you are so right, i'm glad to see some old members back too! I felt lost when the forum got quiet! It's been one week today since I went back on the green menu and I've only slipped once, but got right back on track. I go weigh in tomorrow morning so i'm hoping for good results!

faerychic: I'm 57 soon to be 58 nov 1st, I went thru the change at 43 and didn't even know it so I've been blessed with no symptoms and have not been on meds for that! I'm not on any meds, BP has always been good so i'm glad for that! Most of my weight is around my belly but slowly coming off.!! I too need lots of willpower!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #81  

Here is a nice recipe from center.

If the MRC diet plan you are not on does not allow this, put away until you get into stabilization.

This is a recipe for a smoothie/frozen yogurt

4 oz. Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
1 pkg. Vanilla Creme Pudding
Splenda to taste
Fruit( your choice)

Mix and freeze or Blend and enjoy..

I like this with the chocolate. A good chocolate fix if you have a craving.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #82  
Sherry, Senior Member

Ok so i'm going to Best Buy today and buying the fitbit flex!!! Sure hope it helps me stay mindful LOL!!! I would love the pink one but it's on backorder for 2-3 wks
Old 10-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #83  

Thanks for the support guys, I know I def need it... along with the will power.

I have a lot of stress in my life... but I think and hope I got rid of some last night. The boyfriend and I are done... He is a loser, but I kept thinking that if I just helped him through the rough patch it would get better. At 18 months, I don't think it will. I am done.

I have high blood pressure. I am on medication and hoping that I can eventually drop it off. Right now stress free my bp is 117/60. Which is excellent - but last week I had a car accident and since stressed out it was 130/90.

One step at a time. I am focusing on various relaxation techniques as well as meditation. I was walking, but messed up the knee during the accident. am hoping to start that again in a couple of weeks.

Thank you for your support. sorry to whine - I promise to behave now!!

all around!

Have a great day folks!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #84  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady67 View Post

I have a lot of stress in my life... but I think and hope I got rid of some last night. The boyfriend and I are done... He is a loser, but I kept thinking that if I just helped him through the rough patch it would get better. At 18 months, I don't think it will. I am done.

I have high blood pressure. I am on medication and hoping that I can eventually drop it off. Right now stress free my bp is 117/60. Which is excellent - but last week I had a car accident and since stressed out it was 130/90.

One step at a time. I am focusing on various relaxation techniques as well as meditation. I was walking, but messed up the knee during the accident. am hoping to start that again in a couple of weeks.

all around!

Have a great day folks!
Don't apologize, that's what we are here for!! Sounds like you are on your way to victory! Stress is a killer for sure, I know I've been trying to calm myself for years and I think I have finally got there but still have my stressful days, we all do. I'm sorry to hear about your accident, glad you are ok.

Last night for no reason I went to my kitchen and got some potato chips??? I don't know why I do that but I good today.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I got off HBP meds when I went onto MRC and my husband is not on the diet, refused to take HBP & cholesterol medication, and asked me to help him with his diet, and he has never had to take meds.. It can be done, and it is lots of willpower, but I think health wise it is the way to go. My HBP at one time, was 190/110 , and being a nurse I knew that I was on my way to stroke or whatever, so decided to stop this nonsense. I will be honest, it was the diet I was eating. MY HBP was so bad my head felt like it was going to explode not to mention the pain in the back of my neck. I am thankful I had symptoms so I knew what was up, as some HBP is silent.

A doctor told me , being menopausal was an excuse for women who gain weight, and you can stay trim and still be menopausal. When I hit menopause, I found I got some belly fat, but it did not contribute to any gain.

This forum is here for support. So I am soooo glad to see some of the older members back.

Patzi
I was actually wondering if menopause was causing my BP to increase - not the weight gain. Hot flashes, lack of sleep at night, brain fog, job stress.......my BP is not that high 140/75 but I have also been having more migraines so DR put me on BP med's as a migraine preventative.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #86  

Quote:

all around!

Have a great day folks!
Whine away! as Skelly said that it what we are here for. Personally if I can help out or learn something from someone's whining it is a plus.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #87  

Typically I am not much of a poster on any forum, but I have decided that it would be beneficial if I jump in here and post more often - especially since I am doing this on my own this time around.

So far so good eating on plan - I am on day 4 and have not weighed yet. That bring me to an issue I have - THE SCALE! Normally I am an everyday weigher, but this time around I am trying to only weigh once per week due to normal body fluctuations. I know there are 2 different thoughts to weighing daily but when I weigh daily and I have a gain when I have done everything right it makes me want to throw the scale out the window and go eat something I shouldn't! What are your thoughts? are you a daily weigher or do you only weigh at the center?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #88  
Sherry, Senior Member

I'm a daily weigher but I've tried not to and then my curiosity gets the best of me. If i'm down though I tend to indulge or use to, I've gotten better.

I got my fitbit flex band, getting ready to get it set up, i'm so excited.
JenB72, thanks for posting all the information!!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #89  

I weigh in twice a week. Once at MRC and once at home. I know that the scales can be a little different.

Once I have the weight lost, I will probably become a daily weigher. For the reason that if I do fluctuate up, I want to be on top of it.

Right now I just don't want to freak out if I do go up, or if I stay the same. So if I do it twice a week, I don't freak as much.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #90  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
I weigh in twice a week. Once at MRC and once at home. I know that the scales can be a little different.

Once I have the weight lost, I will probably become a daily weigher. For the reason that if I do fluctuate up, I want to be on top of it.

Right now I just don't want to freak out if I do go up, or if I stay the same. So if I do it twice a week, I don't freak as much.
I need to start doing that, weigh in at the center once and at home once, my centers scales are always 1-2 lbs more than when I weigh at home, but I weigh first thing in the morning without clothes (TMI) so I know i'm always going to be 1-1 1/2 lbs more at the center