Old 12-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #31  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Wow - everyone is doing so well!

faerychic, I understand about it being easier to just be on plan. I'm slightly terrified of going off the green menu! But dealing with life after the diet is exactly why I decided to join a weight loss center this time around. I'm looking forward to the maintenance support. You put in the time and money to get there, they owe you that support. They can coach you through this holiday season and get you back on track!

pam, congrats on staying on plan and a 3lb loss! Woo-hoo! Ten more weeks will get you another twenty pounds for sure if you work your menu - won't that feel great? I'm excited for you!

cmarty, I don't know pound-wise or bodyfat%-wise what I'm going to do! I just know I want to stick with this until the extra flab is gone off my butt/thighs. There's been a couple of promotions at my center where I've earned extra weeks, so I'm not out of time yet. Gonna see what happens this month. For sure each five pounds now is making a noticeable difference (whereas when I first started I had to lose twenty pounds before I could finally go down a size!) so it could just be that the last five I need to lose comes off these thighs.

I'm jealous of both you and skelley in your size 8's. Goodness, we're all about the same height and I've gotten into the 130's and I'm only just now fitting into a size 8, but sticking with my 10's until they get baggier.

Skelley, what do you use to check your body fat % at home? I bought an Omron handheld and when I tried it a few weeks ago it had me at 18% which is very low and was nearly 10% off from the center, so I don't think it's very accurate. The center's scale now shows me at 26%.
Hi lovetofishandrun: I use a digital scale by healthometer, i bought it online about 6 yrs ago and t shows me around 35.1 to 35.6% depending on what time of day i weigh, i've been down to 34.2%, I always weigh myself in the nude (TMI lol) after i get up in the morning, the center always shows me at least 1 to 1.5 lbs more and 1-2% more body fat when i go there. I went on Fat to Fit website and put in all the calculations it asked for and it shows me at 26% so I don't really know! The only really fat I feel i have left is on my lower back on the sides.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #32  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

just ordered from Vitacost and am trying the Walden Farms Caramel Dip to eat w/ my apples for a treat. OMG, all i feel like eating are snacks and not complete meals..
i figured the apple w/ the Caramel dip (0 calories, 0 fat) would be a good treat/dessert. Vitacost has a 10% coupon on their site so it was $3.50. also ordered some protein bars (South Beach) 5 bars for $2.78. (haven't tried them - 9 g. protein) a little low in protein but low in cal. too... 140 cal.
Free shipping for $49 purchases... not as fast delivery as Diet Direct but the Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte is a few dollars cheaper...

am fully stocked w/ salad fixings, eggs, greek yogurt, cheese, etc. so i have good choices on hand.

went to a Christmas party this past Sunday and the cool thing was alot of people bought salads and fresh fruit and cheeses so i was able to stay on plan. had water and a glass of champagne to toast! Tasted a chocolate dessert (2 bites) and did try the ginger snaps w/ pumpkin dip (my favorite).

i love when you go out to dinner at someone's house or party and they have healthy choices.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #33  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
Congrats Big Dog!

You guys won't believe this...I lost 4 and half pounds this week and I didn't do anything different! I guess it is just melting off!
I have lost almost 40lbs and 40 inches total!
that's fantastic!!! woo hoo! just reading this made me refill my jug of water and eat my salad for lunch
Old 12-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #34  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

bigdog, thanks for the reminder about the Vitacost website. I've been looking for the Walden Farms pancake syrup and it doesn't seem to be sold locally anywhere so was going to have to resort to ordering it. I don't have anything to use it on yet - can't figure out how to make a pancake type thing on program. But my grandmother is diabetic and most sugar free syrups have yucky side effects (gas). People say not so with this one, and it tastes great too.

Well I was up half a pound at my weigh-in yesterday. I've been overdue for a plateau and I know it will even out in a week or two, but it's still disappointing when I was hoping for two more pounds off this week for that extra bit of confidence before debuting the skinny jeans and boots for hubby's Christmas party. I did everything right though - followed my menu 100% and did my exercise. Just gotta keep plugging along.

I pulled out the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD and tried it again this morning. I thought it might be easier now that I'm 20lbs lighter. I think it was easier, but I was just as dizzy and lightheaded afterwards, which I why I stopped doing it before. I'm plenty hydrated before I start, and chug an additional 2 cups of water plus an HNS immediately afterwards, so all I can figure is it's too intense of a workout for how low the calories/carbs are on this plan.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #35  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
bigdog, thanks for the reminder about the Vitacost website. I've been looking for the Walden Farms pancake syrup and it doesn't seem to be sold locally anywhere so was going to have to resort to ordering it. I don't have anything to use it on yet - can't figure out how to make a pancake type thing on program. But my grandmother is diabetic and most sugar free syrups have yucky side effects (gas). People say not so with this one, and it tastes great too.

Well I was up half a pound at my weigh-in yesterday. I've been overdue for a plateau and I know it will even out in a week or two, but it's still disappointing when I was hoping for two more pounds off this week for that extra bit of confidence before debuting the skinny jeans and boots for hubby's Christmas party. I did everything right though - followed my menu 100% and did my exercise. Just gotta keep plugging along.

I pulled out the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD and tried it again this morning. I thought it might be easier now that I'm 20lbs lighter. I think it was easier, but I was just as dizzy and lightheaded afterwards, which I why I stopped doing it before. I'm plenty hydrated before I start, and chug an additional 2 cups of water plus an HNS immediately afterwards, so all I can figure is it's too intense of a workout for how low the calories/carbs are on this plan.
Don't beat yourself up, i went thru the same thing, seemed like i couldn't lose not even 1/2 a lb but then found out i was losing more inches than lbs!!! So they measured me that day and i had lot 5 1/4" WOW!! My counselor told me that sometimes your weight will stall while losing inches. Hang in there!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #36  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

Hey All, I am a returning MRCer, I lost all my weight 4 years ago but tried to stabillize myself. Ended up gaining all my weight back plus some. I've tried over the last few years to get back on it but with no success until now. I've been on program for 2 1/2 weeks and have lost 13lbs so far. I feel that this is it. I'm graduating nursing school in May and I want to start my career healthy. I know I will still to it this time and be successful. I love reading all your accomplishments. I too want to wear skinny jeans and tall boots sooooo badddd!! Good luck to all, have a great day on program!!
1 thinner me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #37  
Not giving up!

Yay! Welcome back 1 thinner me! Aren't you a smart one for getting back on program now instead of after the holidays! You get to start the new year way ahead instead of further behind. You go girl!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #38  
Sherry, Senior Member

Angry What is wrong with me!

Okay i need some serious feedback, i have done so good for 5 1/2 months and i'm even in stabilization, but the last few days i've been going crazy with cravings, and today i went off plan and ate three cookies, ice cream with carmel and nuts, and chips, I feel like i'm spinning out of control and i don't know why i'm scared!!!!! It's like i tell myself no no no but still eat!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #39  
Not giving up!

skelley, first of all I'm so sorry you had a bad day with your eating. You're in stabilization and so close to being on your own and "eating in the wild" and I think maybe you're scared because you just got a picture of how quickly your old eating habits can sneak back up on you?

Have you done any of the connection classes at your center? The lady that does them at mine puts a diagram up on the board at every class - a circle showing that our thoughts, feelings and behaviors are all connected and drive each other. In the middle of that circle she writes the word "choice". We can choose what to dwell on (our thoughts), which affects our feelings, and our feelings affect our behaviors. With this thing rolling along through this cycle, we've got momentum. That momentum can carry us towards our goals or away from our goals.

Yesterday you made food choices that weren't on your plan. Feeling out of control and scared about it means you've begun a cycle of negative momentum. You can correct that! You can make the choice to accept that you ate some things off plan, but that you aren't going to let that de-rail all of your hard work. Spend some time thinking about what choices you can make to create positive momentum in that cycle that get you moving back towards your goal. For instance, you can choose to do an extra workout today to burn off those extra calories that you regret eating. With that choice, you may begin to feel empowered instead of regretful. An empowered feeling will drive your behavior. You can do it!

Have you thought about what got you overeating in the first place? Maybe you subconsciously thought you deserved a break after all your hard work and debuting your new look at your husbands party? Understanding what you were feeling when the cravings started can help you make different choices next time you're feeling that way. Of course, it could just be you stepped on that slippery slope and discovered it's much harder to stop eating than to just not start in the first place! Chalk it up to lesson learned.

I've been fighting cravings really bad this week too! I've decided it's because I keep hearing the message everywhere I turn about how hard it is to get through the holidays. It's making me cranky! And when I'm cranky I like to eat.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #40  
Sherry, Senior Member

Smile

Quote:
skelley, first of all I'm so sorry you had a bad day with your eating. You're in stabilization and so close to being on your own and "eating in the wild" and I think maybe you're scared because you just got a picture of how quickly your old eating habits can sneak back up on you?

Have you done any of the connection classes at your center? The lady that does them at mine puts a diagram up on the board at every class - a circle showing that our thoughts, feelings and behaviors are all connected and drive each other. In the middle of that circle she writes the word "choice". We can choose what to dwell on (our thoughts), which affects our feelings, and our feelings affect our behaviors. With this thing rolling along through this cycle, we've got momentum. That momentum can carry us towards our goals or away from our goals.

Yesterday you made food choices that weren't on your plan. Feeling out of control and scared about it means you've begun a cycle of negative momentum. You can correct that! You can make the choice to accept that you ate some things off plan, but that you aren't going to let that de-rail all of your hard work. Spend some time thinking about what choices you can make to create positive momentum in that cycle that get you moving back towards your goal. For instance, you can choose to do an extra workout today to burn off those extra calories that you regret eating. With that choice, you may begin to feel empowered instead of regretful. An empowered feeling will drive your behavior. You can do it!

Have you thought about what got you overeating in the first place? Maybe you subconsciously thought you deserved a break after all your hard work and debuting your new look at your husbands party? Understanding what you were feeling when the cravings started can help you make different choices next time you're feeling that way. Of course, it could just be you stepped on that slippery slope and discovered it's much harder to stop eating than to just not start in the first place! Chalk it up to lesson learned.

I've been fighting cravings really bad this week too! I've decided it's because I keep hearing the message everywhere I turn about how hard it is to get through the holidays. It's making me cranky! And when I'm cranky I like to eat.
Going4fit: Thank you for your support and feedback, my center has not mentioned anything about connection classes, it's hard for me to go there in the evenings because of my work, But i understand what you said about "choice" and momentum, and i believe you are right that i was just scared and also thought i deserved a break, it was like i take all these pills everyday and eat the same things everyday and I just lost my way.

But let me tell you that thru the night i got up twice to go to the restroom and each time i got dizzy and felt the room spinning and then the same thing this morning when i got up and I felt HORRIBLE, i know it was because i put so much sugar in my system that it went into shock! So i started drinking water like crazy and it started flushing out the toxic right away, i feel much better now but i will not go thru that again, i don't even want to look at a cookie or chips now!!! Lesson learned for sure!!

I did feel guilty to the extent that i went down in my basement last night at 9:30 and did 30 mins of walk away the lbs DVD!! I think that's what helped me not gain anything this morning, now it may show up tomorrow but i am back on track today and staying on track. I again appreciate your imput! Thank you so much
Old 12-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #41  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Yay! Welcome back 1 thinner me! Aren't you a smart one for getting back on program now instead of after the holidays! You get to start the new year way ahead instead of further behind. You go girl!
Thank you so much Going4Fit!!
1 thinner me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 205/194.6/150

Going4fit - such great words and positive support! Skelley, I hope yesterday and today is much better! Congrats to coming to the boards and posting your struggles for help. We are here to encourage and also show that we aren't alone in this!
msalice72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 241/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello, everyone.

I am coming back to MRC and 3FC after a 16 month absence! I started MRC in July 2011 and got pregnant after 2 months and 20 pounds of weight loss. I've gained all of that back (of course) and feel like life has settled down enough that I can work on ME again.

I just started preconditioning on Thursday. So far it's going well. I have cravings and have to push myself to make actual meals instead of snacking all day as I'd gotten into the habit of doing. I know from my previous stint on the program that the cravings will fade, though, and I'll start really enjoying a stabilized energy level and lower numbers on the scale!

I love reading about the successes of others on the program, and knowing I'm not alone when I have struggles. So thanks for all the posts and it's nice to meet you.
LetHerOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #44  
Motivated Member

Going4fit. Thanks for the words of wisdom . (Save).
Old 12-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #45  
Motivated Member

Default Caramel vanilla shake yum

My Walden farm caramel dip arrived and opened it and tasted. Yikes!!! But mixed w my Syntrax vanilla bean torte protein mix, dash of cinnamon and pumpkin spice in the blender. Oh my!!! It is sooooooooo good and rich - sinful!!!
I'll try it w my choc truffle mix tonight for dessert. Yum!!!