Old 12-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #46  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Big dog that sounds so yummy. Those syntax shakes get such good reviews - I'm definitely going to try them when I get to maintenance and start weight training. You'll have to send me your referral code.

Skelley I hope things are going better?

LetHerOut, welcome back and congrats on the new baby! Babies are totally worth the weight gain. Always told myself I'd control my weight through my pregnancies but never did. Had big, fat, ugly pregnancies and was completely jealous of all the gals with their cute pregnant bellies. *sigh* Well that part of my life is over now. Did have a pregnancy scare last month. Turns out my hormones were adjusting to my weight loss and it threw my cycle off. I've never had that happen before!

Well ladies I officially hit a plateau as my second weigh in this week saw me at 138 again. It was bound to happen again sometime, I'm just bummed it happened this week. My center was doing a secret prize drawing you could participate in if you lost a pound -free weeks on program or HNS's were some of the prizes you could have drawn. Figures this would be the week I don't lose.

Well, I did everything I could and nothing else to do but keep plugging along. I went ahead and wore the skinny jeans and boots to hubbies party. I figure no one knew me there so what was the big deal - need to stop being so self conscious. Hubby was very complimentary. Even telling me again the next morning how good I looked in those jeans. So that's pretty cool.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited by Going4Fit; 12-15-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #47  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

going4fit: Yes I'm doing much much better and got some really good news today! I went to weigh in at my Center and i didn't gain from my off week!! And i have been officially put on maintenance as of today!!! I finally made it, I couldn't have done it without all the support i get on this site!!! I'm so grateful!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #48  
Sherry, Senior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Big dog that sounds so yummy. Those syntax shakes get such good reviews - I'm definitely going to try them when I get to maintenance and start weight training. You'll have to send me your referral code.

Skelley I hope things are going better?

LetHerOut, welcome back and congrats on the new baby! Babies are totally worth the weight gain. Always told myself I'd control my weight through my pregnancies but never did. Had big, fat, ugly pregnancies and was completely jealous of all the gals with their cute pregnant bellies. *sigh* Well that part of my life is over now. Did have a pregnancy scare last month. Turns out my hormones were adjusting to my weight loss and it threw my cycle off. I've never had that happen before!

Well ladies I officially hit a plateau as my second weigh in this week saw me at 138 again. It was bound to happen again sometime, I'm just bummed it happened this week. My center was doing a secret prize drawing you could participate in if you lost a pound -free weeks on program or HNS's were some of the prizes you could have drawn. Figures this would be the week I don't lose.

Well, I did everything I could and nothing else to do but keep plugging along. I went ahead and wore the skinny jeans and boots to hubbies party. I figure no one knew me there so what was the big deal - need to stop being so self conscious. Hubby was very complimentary. Even telling me again the next morning how good I looked in those jeans. So that's pretty cool.

Hope everyone is doing well!
WOOT WOOT on those skinny jeans, it made me feel so good when i wore mine to my hubby's xmas party!!! And i went and bought another pair that aren't so bling bling for everyday wear!!! I love'em
Old 12-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #49  
Kandra

S/C/G: 290/278/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been out of it for so long... my dad died so I've been dealing with that and then just haven't gotten back on.

Good news is I'm still on plan! I'm down 12 lbs... it's slower than I wanted, averaging about 2 lbs per week... but it is going down!
mindboggld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 205/194.6/150

mindboggld condolences to you and your family for the loss of your father. So glad you are back!
msalice72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #51  
Not giving up!

skelley I'm so glad you didn't have a gain at your weigh-in. What a relief for you! You mentioned still taking all the pills - I know they wean you off the HNS's during stabilization, but what about all the herbs and vitamins? Sounds like you're still taking them? (BTW - I've worn my skinny jeans every day since the party. They are so comfy! Mine weren't a blingy pair, just soft and stretchy.)

mindboggld, I'm so sorry for your loss. Congrats for staying on program this whole time and I'm glad you came back to the forum (I saw you on here before when I was still a lurker *lol*). 2lbs a week is great - I'm not sure I've seen anyone on here average the 3 to 5 the center supposedly guarantees anyway, but maybe some people really do.

Hey, anybody else out there have a hard time feeling flattered when someone says "Wow, you look like you have lost a TON of weight!"? I know it's meant as a compliment, and I promise you I receive it gratefully. But I just can't help feeling insulted at the same time! It's like they are saying "Hey - you used to be really fat!" Of course I was fat, so it is what it is. Just wondering if others feel the same way...
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 205/194.6/150

Going4fit - I do have an issue with people calling attention to my appearance on anything. Being a twin, I grew up with constant physical comparisons (she battled being too sikinny, I had the opposite problem). I can appreciate what they are trying to say when they can tell I've lost weight, however it reminds me that they were probably "thinking" and not saying outloud "boy, Alice sure has gained a lot of weight" or "if she lost weight she would be so pretty".

Its all just insecurities and that evil voice in our heads trying to hold us back. Takes time to just let it go.
msalice72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #53  
Sherry, Senior Member

Smile

going4fit: Yes they are weaning me off the HNS but they haven't said anything about the vitamins and oils. I'll ask when i go this saturday.
glad you are wearing your skinny jeans, i just bought another pair for casual wear, the ones i wore to my husbands xmas party have alot of bling!! But i love them!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

skelley, grats to you!!

mindboggld, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #55  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalice72 View Post
... however it reminds me that they were probably "thinking" and not saying out loud "boy, Alice sure has gained a lot of weight" ...
Yes! This is exactly what bugs me about it. Nobody had anything to say when I was out-of-control, gaining nearly fifty pounds in a years time. I understand it's considered rude to comment on weight gain, and complimentary to comment on weight loss, but I can't separate the one without knowing they were thinking the other.

Anyway, neither here nor there. I'm getting healthy for me - not for what other's think. I do think it would be nice to have some healthy enough friends that could have talked to me when they noticed me gaining - who knew me well enough to recognize that I was making unhealthy choices and needed help. But maybe that will come with time and trust. On a positive note, this is the first weight loss journey I've had where people's comments haven't triggered overeating in me again.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:48 AM   #56  
Not giving up!

Finished a week of Meta-Quick. No loss. They say you see the biggest effects from Meta-Quick the week after you do it, so we'll see. My next weigh-in is Monday and I should see a loss by then, and they are doing the body comp so I'll be able to see if something is happening that the scale isn't revealing. I think my jeans have gotten looser then they were two weeks ago, but I can't quite decide. We'll see what the inches say. I don't normally get so nit-picky about this, but this is the longest plateau I've ever hit and the timing couldn't be worse. I want to be rewarded with losses after passing up all the holiday goodies! (Another plate full from the neighbors and a whole box full from my sister in the mail just today!). I'm having to be happy settling for maintaining and not gaining, but I just don't feel happy about it. Oh well.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #57  
Sherry, Senior Member

Smile Merry Christmas!!!

I want to wish all my friends on here a Merry Christmas!!! thanks for all your support, will talk to everyone after the holiday!!! Stay OP!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Hey Girls!

Merry Christmas! I have been totally off program..I have felt yucky...getting back on tomorrow,,,,Be back in touch after Christmas!
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #59  
Not giving up!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I got the best gift! At my weigh-in yesterday I was down 3 1/2 lbs which brought my weight loss total to exactly 50 pounds! Just the boost I needed to keep me on plan through the rest of the holiday season. Whew!

I am now more than twenty pounds lighter than I was at age 16 (I saved my first drivers license, that's how I know). And me, a size 8?! I've been a size 12 (or higher) since age 12! I feel amazing! And I finally understand the saying "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels". Eating the right balance of proteins, fats, and carbs as provided for on the green menu to get to this point has made all the difference - this feels like a lifestyle and not a crash diet that I can't wait to get off of.

The numbers on my body comp didn't seem right to the counselor (something about the impedence levels not being close enough to the previous reading), so I'm supposed to do it again at my next weigh-in and then they'll do my measurements and schedule my stabilization appointment. This is really happening!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Going4fit:
I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations to you on your success!!! Wow..a size 8!! Very nice!! I know that has to feel fantastic!!!
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote