3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #16
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Back on the wagon

lost 3 lbs this week, getting back on the wagon, and focusing on eating my veggies, protein and more water! and 3 HNSs a day.

Woo hoo!!! back in control again and loving it. :-)

Never let anyone dull your sparkle! 🌟
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #17

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
lost 3 lbs this week, getting back on the wagon, and focusing on eating my veggies, protein and more water! and 3 HNSs a day.

Woo hoo!!! back in control again and loving it. :-)
I need to jump back on the wagon again too! I have been doing pretty well in maintenace until recently - jumped on the scale this morning and I am up 3 pounds (never made it to my original goal of 160, but 163 felt pretty good - just cannot let it get out of control at this point!) Anyway, I definitely get motivated coming here jumping back in.

Great job to all you losers and gotta love skinny jeans !!!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #18

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Good for you Faery for getting back on it now rather than later! Its only gonna get harder as these weeks go by.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #19

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Congrats Big Dog!

You guys won't believe this...I lost 4 and half pounds this week and I didn't do anything different! I guess it is just melting off!
I have lost almost 40lbs and 40 inches total!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #20
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
Congrats Big Dog!

You guys won't believe this...I lost 4 and half pounds this week and I didn't do anything different! I guess it is just melting off!
cmarty, that's so great! I had a pretty good week last week too but added four to six extra cups of water at the suggestion of one of the consultants. Was worried I'd spend the entire day in the bathroom since I'm already drinking twelve cups a day, but it didn't turn out to be too hard. I'm wondering if it's true about how our body is so much more efficient at burning fat once we get to that 27% body fat range the center sets for their goal for us. But then again, I only had 1 pound this week. *shrug*

Is your 128 goal you mentioned on the other thread official with the center, or do you plan on trying to get lower while on stabilization and maintenance so you can stop paying for the program? Just wondering, since the goal under your avatar is a higher amount. I had picked 135 for my goal even though they chose 147 because of my height. I told them I'd been 140 pounds a few times before and still had lots of extra weight on my butt/thighs, so no way was I going to settle for 147. Kind of odd - some of the consultants fuss at me about it, saying that 27% body fat is where they want me to be and they want me to start stabilization. There's no way a single one of those ladies has that much body fat - they are all size zero's and two's. I told them I've come this far, paid this much money, I'm not settling for good enough. I want to be fit and active and I want to see it through until I'm comfortable with my body. They finally agreed to let me try for 24% body fat. I don't know what that weight will end up being. I'm only a few pounds from my first goal of 135 though, and I don't think it's going to be it.

Last edited by Going4Fit; 12-07-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #21
Not giving up!

bigdog and faery - congrats to you both for coming back on and getting back on the wagon! bigdog, it's paid off already! How cool is that!

faery, how long have you been on maintenance?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #22
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Congrats Big Dog!

You go girl, congratuations! I start wk 4 today on stabilization, i'm loving it! Lost 1.5 lbs yesterday!!

Started MRC 6/2012, back 3/2018
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #23
Sherry, Senior Member

Default My skinny jeans!!!

sherry xmas 2012.jpg

Yeah this is me in my skinny jeans, we went to my husbands xmas party last night!!!!

Last edited by skelley331; 12-08-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #24
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Attachment 43601

Yeah this is me in my skinny jeans, we went to my husbands xmas party last night!!!!
You rocked it! Love the whole look - great top and blazer, great boots, perfect! Thanks for sharing the pic!

I went back to the mall without the kids and had time to try on more jeans. Bought some size 8 skinny's to wear with my boots but haven't found a top yet. Definitely want something sparkly or metallic since that's the trend and it's a Christmas party after all. I still don't know if I'll have the guts to wear the outfit even if I do find a top. Party is Thursday. We'll see.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #25

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Skelley .WOW!.you look fantastic ...Thanks for sharing the picture

I finally made it to a size 8!!! WOO HOO!!

Going 4 fit...Yes, I had a lower goal than the center! They said 142.. I want 128..I think i am 26 percent body fat...so we will see Are you trying to lose much more? I see your almost to goal...Congrats!!

Last edited by cmarty; 12-09-2012 at 07:50 AM.
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #26

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Going4fit: I have been in maintenance since the end of July, so not very long. I have been worried about gaining around the holidays - I think it was actually easier for me when I was on plan just to completely stay away from sweets and the traditional holiday foods.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #27
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Skelley .WOW!.you look fantastic ...Thanks for sharing the picture

I finally made it to a size 8!!! WOO HOO!!

Going 4 fit...Yes, I had a lower goal than the center! They said 142.. I want 128..I think i am 26 percent body fat...so we will see Are you trying to lose much more? I see your almost to goal...Congrats!!
cmarty congrats on the size 8!!! I see everyone has a really low body fat percentage, at home mine stays around 34-35%, at the center it shows 36% but thats later in the morning, i'm one lb away from my goal weight so i don't understand why my body fat % won't go down???? I still want to lose about 5-10 more lbs.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #28

S/C/G: 214.5/170.5/160

Looks like it was a good week! Congrats everyone. I worked hard this week to stay on plan and I lost 3 more pounds! My original time was up so I signed up for 10 more weeks. I'm close to my original goal, but I want to loose a little more. I think I'll just see where I end up at the end of this 10 weeks.
pam745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:03 AM   #29
Not giving up!

Wow - everyone is doing so well!

faerychic, I understand about it being easier to just be on plan. I'm slightly terrified of going off the green menu! But dealing with life after the diet is exactly why I decided to join a weight loss center this time around. I'm looking forward to the maintenance support. You put in the time and money to get there, they owe you that support. They can coach you through this holiday season and get you back on track!

pam, congrats on staying on plan and a 3lb loss! Woo-hoo! Ten more weeks will get you another twenty pounds for sure if you work your menu - won't that feel great? I'm excited for you!

cmarty, I don't know pound-wise or bodyfat%-wise what I'm going to do! I just know I want to stick with this until the extra flab is gone off my butt/thighs. There's been a couple of promotions at my center where I've earned extra weeks, so I'm not out of time yet. Gonna see what happens this month. For sure each five pounds now is making a noticeable difference (whereas when I first started I had to lose twenty pounds before I could finally go down a size!) so it could just be that the last five I need to lose comes off these thighs.

I'm jealous of both you and skelley in your size 8's. Goodness, we're all about the same height and I've gotten into the 130's and I'm only just now fitting into a size 8, but sticking with my 10's until they get baggier.

Skelley, what do you use to check your body fat % at home? I bought an Omron handheld and when I tried it a few weeks ago it had me at 18% which is very low and was nearly 10% off from the center, so I don't think it's very accurate. The center's scale now shows me at 26%.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #30

S/C/G: 175.5/155/148

Height: 5'7"

On the discussion about body fat %. I posted several months ago about the discrepancy between centers scale BF% vs my doctors scale. The center was off by 10% with me with more!! I'm going with my doctor since I know his scale is routinely calibrated and not sure about center. In fact, when I mentioned the difference to my counselor her comment - "I'm not surprised. I don't know the last time it was calibrated".

I've fallen a little too. I'm having a chronic problem and my doctor commented that I might have to go gluten free - oh my!! With all that is going on between now and first of year, I decided to watch the amount of gluten. I asked my center for assistance on this two weeks ago but no luck so far.

Willpower to all who are struggling (this is a tough time of the year) and congrats to all losing or maintaining.

lovetofishandrun is offline   Reply With Quote