Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #76  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Has anyone here gained when doing the shakes for a day or two? Every time I try it I gained a pound.. I know they are loaded with sugar and center says only use 3/4's of package, which I never do, I use 1 pkg. I was in a position that nothing I wanted to eat. All fried foods, etc. so I had a shake in morning before I left and a shake at the event, and this morning am up 1 pound. I had an OP meal last night.

Just curious.

Pazi
i guess i've never bought the Center's shake mixes so prob. not a good person to answer this but for my replacement meals when i'm traveling or just don't want to cook anything, i use the Wonderslim Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie mix. (by itself w/ water or w/ frozen strawberries and/or greek yogurt) it's 100 cal., 1 g fat, 7 g. carb., protein 15 g, 5 g. sugar. (tons of vitamins in it too) (FYI, the Berry yogurt mix is terrible!).
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Up 1 pound at weigh in yesterday as a result of my Vegas trip. The trip was great and I have no regrets and am refocused today to be back on plan 100%. Planning my meals this morning and I am off to the grocery store.

camaswa: I'll be getting my body fat % and measurements done next Saturday. I discussed my body fat % with my counselor a couple of months ago and she did say that I may not fall into the optimal range when I reach my goal weight since I have large breasts. My last measurement was 38% so I am curious to see what it will be on Saturday. What is your body fat % goal?

Speaking of breasts...........I suggest all you ladies see a professional bra fitter. I read an article that many women buy the wrong size bra's. I am a perfect example. I just bought 2 bras at VS last month size 38D - got measured at Nordstrom yesterday and was told I should be in a 36 DDD. Apparently most women buy the band size too big and the cup size too small.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #78  
Motivated Member

yesterday, worked the beer truck at a local festival in town and will have to say, we were so slammed serving beer to thousands of people that attended that i only had a chance to have one!!! i was like, this is crazy, we are too busy to even drink on the "job". Fun event and was on my feet for 6 hours (my DH who is a Chef said, "welcome to my world") haha it was a food fest and i did pretty good...had some curry chicken tacos and piled it high w/ the salsa and veggies on the salsa bar. didnt even eat the tortilla...did have a couple Mich ultras in the Sponsor tent so will have to really drink the water today to get rid of the Water Retention alcohol! was starving when i got home though so got the Wendy's grilled chicken salad w/ apples and a small vanilla frosty! (bad choice but wanted it after working in 90 degree hot weather all day in the beer tent) anyway, with all the festivals coming up and summer activities, i really have to focus on losing and not gaining. the best thing for me is to have foods on plan i can take w/ me (cut up veggies, cheese sticks, HNSs) and lots of water. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and congratulations on all the successes! for those who went off plan, get right back on board!, we can do this!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 279/248.7/160

Height: 5'6"

Jodi- I am on the over 250 lb metaslim level 2 and can have Greek yogurt every day for breakfast or 3 times a week at lunch. On my next menu under 250 I can only have 3 times a week. Not sure what all the other menus say. I love it, so for 8 more pounds I'm having it every morning!

I am so happy for all the success everyone is having....large and small losses. This is such a positive group of shrinking gals! I worked with a group that would always sabotage my weight loss attempt, or at least I allowed them too. Now I am learning to be stronger and realize I can't let others mess with my focus of weight loss. So nice to communicate with this group versus the mean sabotagers!

Thanks to all, now time to start drinking my first 32 ounce jug of water for the day!

Last edited by Rowdy; 05-06-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'3

Still hovering around the same weight. My body seems to do that for a few days before agreeing to finally give up a pound or two.

TMI alert: Yesterday I was completely OP, and I didn't eat anything I haven't had before. A few hours after dinner, I feel like I am going to toss my cookies, and then my stomach starts to ache--like a #2. But I can't go. All night, even this morning, I have a ripping pain in my gut. Any suggestions?
COchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #81  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

COchick, maybe you should try a fiber supplement. or just a few grains of epsom salts (it does not take much at all, trust me) there is also "Super Dieters Tea" but that is supposed to be taken after your last meal of the day. I have that problem sometimes, so it might help.

Also, was going through clothes today and did manage to fit into a size 16, it was just kind of a shock. I had to dig it out of the back of my closet...but my 18s were getting so loose I though I was gonna need to buy a belt. Now I guess I have 2 more pairs of pants to add into the rotation. Of course they will require long t-shirts becuase I still have muffin top, but they fit, and I did not even have to lay down to get them zipped. Happy.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #82  

Bigdog... Now that I think about it, each time I gained on shakes they were from the center.. I had bought the same ingredient shakes from Bari Wise via Diet Direct and I did not gain. I will not buy anymore, that is for sure.

Cochick good loss.. Way to go.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Cochick, agree that more fiber might help. That is the downside of this diet, I think. I feel kind of like that more often than I want to admit. All the protein binds me up. I don't like MRCs fiber drink but I have started having one a day. Also the fish oil seems to help.

Confession: did the planning and shopping I posted about but inexplicably bought some junky stuff and could not stop at the "one piece" I had told myself I would be ok having. Finally I put the rest down the disposal and brushed my teeth. Right now not feeling so great.

Why did I do this when I was so adamant I would get in gear today? Well, first, I am buying food for later in the week when my daughter comes back from college WITH HER BOYFRIEND. My girl is bringing a guy home to meet the parents. Omg. So at the store I found myself wanted to get every single treat she ever liked since the days of cocoa puffs. And there's the mom thing of feeding the young man. I remember how my mom marveled at how much my boyfriend could eat and how she loved to cook when we came home. It's all just too nostalgic! And bittersweet. My daughter has a whole fabulous life ahead, my parents are gone. They would be so excited when I came home to visit- it drove me crazy then but is exactly how I am feeling now.

So I guess I am eating out of some anxiety or emotion. Maybe trying to ignor all the anticipation I am feeling. The afternoon plan was to cook and prepare stuff but I am thinking that now I should just get out of the house for a while.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 173.5 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5' 6.5''

I am new, and just got my MetaSlim Yellow menu. Today is my first day OP. My salads say I can use a little oil and some cider vinegar. Problem is, I tried that today and couldn't even stomach the entire salad. Is there ANYTHING else I am able to use on my salad for a type of "dressing" so it isn't dry?
melissab617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #85  

Wanted to add one thing. My girl used to always help put the groceries away when I brought them in. Invariably she would open things and have a bite, which made me so mad because then they would have to be refrigerated and/or eaten sooner. She just wanted to taste everything that looked interesting. I was doing that as I put things away....

Most of the time I feel great about her growing up, even though it means she is moving further away from me, but for some reason right now I am so sad about it. It must be the anticipation of her visit, knowing it will be just 10 short days and then she will be back to her college life- summer school and an internship. And then the boyfriend adds a new level of emotion and a different dynamic to the family. Didn't I just say life was good? It is, but it is bittersweet, too.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #86  

Try those low cal ones you spritz on. Or make a vinegarette with some olive oil, dijon mustard, salt, and balsamic or wine vinegar and then water it down. Toss the greens really, really well so all are coated before butting all the veggies on. You can get away with a lot less when you toss it like crazy in a large bowl. I hate cider vinegar and would never use that with olive oil.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
Up 1 pound at weigh in yesterday as a result of my Vegas trip. The trip was great and I have no regrets and am refocused today to be back on plan 100%. Planning my meals this morning and I am off to the grocery store.

camaswa: I'll be getting my body fat % and measurements done next Saturday. I discussed my body fat % with my counselor a couple of months ago and she did say that I may not fall into the optimal range when I reach my goal weight since I have large breasts. My last measurement was 38% so I am curious to see what it will be on Saturday. What is your body fat % goal?

Speaking of breasts...........I suggest all you ladies see a professional bra fitter. I read an article that many women buy the wrong size bra's. I am a perfect example. I just bought 2 bras at VS last month size 38D - got measured at Nordstrom yesterday and was told I should be in a 36 DDD. Apparently most women buy the band size too big and the cup size too small.
I was 39% at 165 pounds. They said I should get under 32% in order to have the ratio of muscle mass that keeps metabolism going strong. I remember you saying that a while ago about large breasts. I'm just a D (but haven't been fitted since I have been losing. I need to do that)

Last edited by camaswa; 05-06-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #88  
Motivated Member

oh, Camaswa, you just made me tear up...thinking about my mom.. you and your daughter sounds like the relationship i had w/ my mom. (passed away 2.5 yrs ago) i was the only one of my 4 siblings that moved away (the rest of my brothers and sisters live in my hometown).. but mom and i talked to each other at least a couple times a week and at 79 years old, she decided she wanted a computer so she could email and send me jokes. my nephew showed her how to hook up and she emailed me the funniest notes almost daily. she called me up one time and said, are you on the World Wide Web? well, i am! she was so excited. she loved learning new things and meeting new people. her goal in life was to make people laugh - she'd walk up to anyone and just start talking! OMG, she was so much fun. she would get so excited when i'd visit, we talk every day on the phone before i arrived and she'd always say, ok, let's don't talk anymore before you get here because we won't have anything left to say when you arrive! like that would happen! that woman loved to shop - she said Shopping was in her blood! we all camped together all the time and she just loved my DH! and accepted that my dogs were her grandchildren and treated them just like they were! even though she was terrified of german shepherds (was bitten as a child) anyway, boy am i rambling!! before we sold the family home, i found a whole drawer of letters she wrote me when i was in college. i would read one a night and just laugh out loud! really helped me in that time after her death where i was just totally out of sorts (she was also my best friend)..
anyway, we had the distance but were so close. we used to mail each other monkeys! stuffed animals, cards,anything w/ monkeys on it. it all started when she sent me a postcard from a zoo in NC that said, This reminded me of you, love ya, Mom. so the monkey war started...LOL!
her diet advice to me by the way was...you just have to practically starve yourself to lose weight! Back in the day, she took diet pills and used to eat some kind of chocolate laxative! (as kids, we snuck in her drawers and thinking it was candy...ate it and realized too late it was laxatives!!)
re: staying on plan...... i was still starving today! and ate two tacos, usually i eat one and for lunch ate the bread on the subway veggie sub...i usually throw it over the boat. we did walk the island and then went to a sandbar and did alot of walking there too. i did chug water all day...anyway, w/ the extra carbs, feel a bit bloated so have two huge mugs of water in front of me! i'm sure i'll be up all night running to the bathroom but i refuse to gain even one pound back! i like being thinner and fitting into everything! YAY!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #89  

I also gained when I drank the meal replacement shakes. My center told me I was probably sensitive to carbs and they have a lot. So, I just make my own smoothies, using Greek yogurt instead of cottage cheese bc of the sodium, and they work fine. Just wish I could have the yogurt more than twice a week. Trying to figure out quick lunches to take to work is my hardest thing. Sometimes I cook several turkey patties and use them, but would like some ideas of some "grab n go" lunches.
JodiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #90  

Bigdog: thats the kind of mom I want to be as I get older! I do think our relationship is gonna get more and more rewarding as her life blooms. Oh, and I know those chocolate laxatives! My mom had them too. I'm almost remembering what they were called....it was one little word.... They were little cubes wrapped in waxed paper. How funny. My mom kept the weight off with cigarettes, Slimfast, and Jack Daniels. At least I am setting a better example! Ha! Onward to the week ahead, everyone.