Old 05-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Hey, Susie - Welcome back! What a sad point in your life (silly men) but you are right - you ARE strong, you WILL get through this, and you will have the BEST revenge... living a long, happy, sexy life

Go, Rowdy! So happy for you to be in another decade! Go, you! No goal is too small or mini... they're all there for a reason. Glad I'm not the only one online at 3,4, or 5 am... can't wake the hubster up to tell him about a loss but I definitely come on here. Bad part? I have to go online on my phone at home and trying to type messages takes forever (oh, my poor thumb-ies!)

I'm still not able to WI until Saturday, sometime... hopefully we'll do well then. Busy week and all that going on. But I'm excited to go to my daughter's field trip tomorrow and hang with her - nice that she thinks I'm still cool enough to do that!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 310/304/145

Height: 5'6"

kmcnair12,

She said that the best time to take them was 30 minutes prior to your meal if possible but taking them right before works too. It gives your body time to absorb the vitamins and nutrients from them and it works best on an empty stomach. It's not the end of the world if you take them later but apparently you're not getting the full benefit from them.

I am going to try it religiously this week to see if I see a bigger difference on the scale.
NonfatKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Just FYI - mine always work better about 30-45 minutes before a meal... seems to help with the cravings. For some reason, I also do better with mostly doing my HNS right before I eat as opposed to after (except when I allow myself a pudding or something!)
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 218.2/201.8/165

Height: 5 ft 7 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Sots- are you kidding? 16 pounds resulted in 6.25 from your hips??? That's unbelievable! Wow,
Camaswa,

I swear to you that's what the counselor said. I can understand your doubt, but then again you haven't seen the size of my hips!!
sots mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 310/304/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the confirmation, Rachels. It helps to hear it from someone who is actually doing it.
NonfatKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

To sots mom:haha! Keep goin!

Last edited by camaswa; 05-03-2012 at 03:08 PM.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Sots mom - wat to go on the loss of inches. That's great. Keep up the good work.

Fluffy - I'm sorry for you loss. That is very difficult. Pets are members of the family and it's like losing a child. Just take time to heal and you will get through this.
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 205/187.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Weighed in yesterday and I was down 3.5 pounds! On day 3 of the yellow menu and am craving sweets so terribly. It's even harder because my husband brought those big ultra sweet blueberry muffins in the house for his breakfast, and then scoffed when I asked him to keep them in his car. It's been a rough evening, I'm not feeling very supported.
OSUBeavergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #54  

Congratulations to everyone on your weight loss so far. even .5 is still .5 less than you were before. just remember or look at a picture of what a lb of fat looks like. even if you only lose .5, that's half of that yucky glob gone from your body.

I am due for another WI at 8:15 this morning. i work nightshift, and I really HATE having to WI after working all night because everyone knows that you weigh less when youve been sleeping all night lol. I was down 1.5lbs at WI on Tuesday, so fingers crossed that I didnt gain any back since ive had the munchies and cravings all week thanks to mother nature. Ive been doing really good at avoiding them until yesterday and this morning. I had plain cheerios with milk for supper and for a snack at work i had a 3 Musketeer. I know Im going to confess at WI.

Fluffy: so sorry to hear about your loss. Furbabies are just as important as children and very dear to our hearts.
kevnashliesmom11601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBeavergal View Post
Weighed in yesterday and I was down 3.5 pounds! On day 3 of the yellow menu and am craving sweets so terribly. It's even harder because my husband brought those big ultra sweet blueberry muffins in the house for his breakfast, and then scoffed when I asked him to keep them in his car. It's been a rough evening, I'm not feeling very supported.
OSU, could I suggest you have a serious conversation with your husband about this? Establish some agreements up front - does he want you to succeed? Does he understand how vital it is to your health and wellbeing? Be frank about where you are heading and why it matters so much that you change your lifestyle. If he agrees, then tell him flat out that you need his support and be specific about what you would like him to do differently. I really don't think we can succeed at this long term if those closest to us are not on our side. (Go Beavs, I used to live in Corvallis!)
Old 05-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #56  

OSU - way to go on your loss. That's awesome. I agree camaswa about talking to your husband. You need his help now. Maybe in the future it will be easier for you to turn away the things that he brings home but right now ask him for you his support.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #57  

I had maintenance weigh in and stayed the same, 5 pounds under goal. Congratulations to all the losers. Hang in there ladies, it is all worth it.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'3

2lb loss this morning! It sure seems to drag its feet for me, and then BAM!

OSU, I agree about speaking to your husband. Mine didn't realize how serious I was about this until I sat him down and let him know that I really needed his support. It was a very serious conversation (and I cried) but now he's behind me 100%.
COchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #59  

Just reporting in after my weekly weigh-in. Only lost .5. It was more on my scale, but I did eat breakfast and drink liquids before I went, whereas usually I obsessively wait till the second I am out of there to eat or have coffee. That means I am up several hours with no food, and that seems dumb. I was just too hungry today. In total I lost 6 pounds in April, which to those just starting that probably sounds awful, but I am really close now and I have never lost as fast as they promised. So it's good. For the most part, I am still focused, and I have to say that these 6 have really made a difference in how I look. I'm kind of shocked. Do you ever do a double take in the mirror and marvel? It's the best feeling!

I had a difficult week at work: deadline pressure and personal/political dynamics that I let upset me. I neglected to keep a food journal and I ate out way more than usual. So .5 is ok. I'll be planning, shopping, and cooking for next week on Saturday.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #60  

Camaswa - way to go on the loss. You are going in the right direction.

COChick - that is a GREAT loss. Keep it up girl!

I have been doing the double take a lot lately. I guess I have just "noticed" that I lost 69.5 pounds. I know that sounds crazy but I never really saw it before.

Hope everyone has a great on plan weekend!