Old 05-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

CAMASWA: I do the same darned thing............don't eat before I go weigh in on Saturdays. However tomorrow will be different - my center is only open Friday, Saturday and Monday so they suggest appointments now and I cannot get in until 11:00 tomorrow. Not going to starve myself just so I have a good number on the scale. I know it will not be a good number - went to Vegas last weekend with my BFF's from high school (and that was a LONG time ago!) Anyway, tried to watch what I ate but had to have some wine with the girlies My home scale shows I am up a pound, but the trip was worth it - I call it therapy Trying to get back in the swing of this has been difficult. I think I triggered my cravings as I want to eat peanut butter every afternoon! Oh well - back to the center tomorrow so they can set me straight!
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 279/248.7/160

Height: 5'6"

I got a 20 pound bracelet today! Got to also sign the 20 pound board. I must admit I am proud of the little rubber/plastic bracelet. I hung it on the turn signal arm along with my spare ponytail bands.

I had to slip into the room where they were holding a foods class for three new members to get the braclet and sign board. The new ladies teased that I was a set up to make it look good, I assured them I wasn't and then added, "It works, just follow the menu and drink your drinks!"

Rachel- glad to hear I am not the only earlybird on here. It like to get up, weigh, get my hns, greek yogurt, alittle coffee ect and read this board to get me focused for the day. It really helps me to read and know there is a group of us following this plan and how we are all in this together.

faery- hope you have a good weigh-in Sat. morning. I have been surprised when I least expected it, like this morning. I started going in famished to weigh, counselor told me to eat on program, drink my water and try and be consistant so it wont matter because everytime I will have had my 16 oz water ect and it will all be relative.
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 279/248.7/160

OSU- my counselor told me that I could mix the powder peach (or any) HNS in a greek yogurt to make a sweet wonderful breakfast. It tastes so good! Get that husband straightened out and try that when you are craving sweets !!!

ynapier- fantasic....69.5 It all adds up to a big total like that!

I decided my reward for reaching 20 lbs....I ordered a 24 bottle pack of Figi water. A total splurge and a not something I would normal spend $ on but hey.....gotta celebrate somehow and I love that water!
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #64  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Down 2 more pounds today. I did not think I would see 225, it was just kind of a shock. I have not weighed this since 2008 when I got married.
Feeling a little better and stuck at working making up time, but had to share the good news. Husband also lost 2 pounds and is down to 217...want to smack him for losing more weight.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 218.2/201.8/165

Height: 5 ft 7 inches

Thumbs up thoughts

It should be a pretty good WI today. I've eaten 100% on plan since my last WI. My only worry is TOM showed up early. Is that common for any of you? This is the 2nd time it's happened since I stated the program, and it is very unusual for me. Just curious.

Congrats to all who have lost. You guys are a huge inspiration to me. One of my counselors tried to discourage me from using this site, claiming it could be negative. I have not found that to be true at all. I always seen to find just what I need to hear/read every time I log in.

Thanks again gals!! And have a GREAT weekend!!
sots mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #66  

Galadreal.. Congrats on weight loss.. Good loss. Men, I find seem to lose weight faster than women in most cases. You are lucky hubby is doing program with you. Makes it much easier.

Rowdy.. Congrats on the 20 pound bracelet. That is a great accomplishment. I LOVE Figi water.. Nice natural artesian water. One of my favorites with FF Greek Yogurt is putting some powder& stevia as you mentioned in it and freezing it for a couple of hours. I swear it is like icecream... On maintenance that is what I have at night in summer, as the HNS creamy cocoa is too hot .

Faery.. Hope your weigh in is good this morning. Let us know.

I do not eat before weigh in. My weigh in is 9:15 and when I get to work at 10 I am absolutely famished. First thing I do is eat my breakfast.

Camaswa.. If you recall, with me my magic weigh loss at times was .2.. I would take anything.. .5 is a loss regardless. You are doing well.

I am sure I missed people that lost and if I did, I am sorry.. But want to congratulate all the losers, and for those struggling , hang on, stay focused and on program and come to this board and talk it out.. Wonderful bunch of people here.. And never forget it is really worth it, it is.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 05-05-2012 at 10:32 AM.
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 230.5/193/179

Height: 5'10"

So thankful for this website! You all may never know how much you have inspired people! I have used this site for inspiration throughout my entire journey. Thank you so much. Wish you all well. Please keep posting as I am a little nervous about the stabilization party coming up next month. I feel I am different, but still a tad anxious. Again, thank you for all your posts.
skinnyfarmer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 310/304/145

Bye bye first plateau!! Just got back from WI and I am down another 3 pounds since Wednesday. This is the biggest loss to date and I am bouncing off the walls with excitement. I have been following the program religiously and have not cheated once so it's nice to see the scale reflect my efforts.

Congrats to all of you for sticking to it and for posting on this site. The support network here is definitely a tool in my weight loss arsenal.
NonfatKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Reading about greek yougert reminded me that I have been meaning to suggest to you guys mixing it with the lemon HNS. It's great, really lemony and tangy. And I bet even better if semi-frozen for a while.

I can officially say that every single pair of my jeans now either fit or are too big. I have some that have been stashed away since 2007! That is five years ago!

Today planted flowers instead of food shopping, bad me. But I found some shrimp in the freezer so we will grill them and have a big salad. Maybe potatoes for the man too.

That means tomorrow I have to get up and get focused and not poke around. We always take a 4-mile walk at a wildlife preserve on Sundays. Church for the non-church-goer, we say. It's so beautiful and uplifting to be out there, and all the birds are migrating right now, we see swans and herons, and all kinds of ducks. Often we see bald eagles, one time we saw 4.

But I absolutely must plan and prepare for the coming work week or I'm doomed. I want to see more than .5 come off next week.

Life is good.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
CAMASWA: I do the same darned thing............don't eat before I go weigh in on Saturdays. However tomorrow will be different - my center is only open Friday, Saturday and Monday so they suggest appointments now and I cannot get in until 11:00 tomorrow. Not going to starve myself just so I have a good number on the scale. I know it will not be a good number - went to Vegas last weekend with my BFF's from high school (and that was a LONG time ago!) Anyway, tried to watch what I ate but had to have some wine with the girlies My home scale shows I am up a pound, but the trip was worth it - I call it therapy Trying to get back in the swing of this has been difficult. I think I triggered my cravings as I want to eat peanut butter every afternoon! Oh well - back to the center tomorrow so they can set me straight!
Just a small set-back that I am sure was worth it! I have been in your shoes so many times. You are right, getting right back on track can be h.ard, but you know that's what you gotta do. You have done so well! I see that your goal is also 160 and since you are also 5'8" I wondered what your thoughts are regarding a good bodyfat goal. have you ever talked to your counselor about that? You might be able to tell from some of my posts that I'm somewhat fixated on this topic. But I seem to be the only one. Wondering What is a good bodyfat goal for someone our size?
Old 05-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #71  

I enjoy reading all of the posts, and usually just lurk! I had wi yesterday and weighed several hours earlier than usual. But, am now sitting at 59.5 pounds! I was happy, just hope my afternoon wi will not show an increase on Tuesday. I am almost at my original goal weight, but decided I want to lose about 15-20 pounds more, so I bought a few more weeks. But, I have a question. How often do you eat Greek Yogurt? I thought it was only supposed to be eaten 2 X per week.
JodiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #72  

Jodi, I don't have my green sheet in front of me but I think thr greek yougurt is a max of either 2 or 3 per week. It does have carbs, so that's probably why. Your loss is impressive!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #73  

Has anyone here gained when doing the shakes for a day or two? Every time I try it I gained a pound.. I know they are loaded with sugar and center says only use 3/4's of package, which I never do, I use 1 pkg. I was in a position that nothing I wanted to eat. All fried foods, etc. so I had a shake in morning before I left and a shake at the event, and this morning am up 1 pound. I had an OP meal last night.

Just curious.

Pazi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #74  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Reading about greek yougert reminded me that I have been meaning to suggest to you guys mixing it with the lemon HNS. It's great, really lemony and tangy. And I bet even better if semi-frozen for a while.

I can officially say that every single pair of my jeans now either fit or are too big. I have some that have been stashed away since 2007! That is five years ago!

Today planted flowers instead of food shopping, bad me. But I found some shrimp in the freezer so we will grill them and have a big salad. Maybe potatoes for the man too.

That means tomorrow I have to get up and get focused and not poke around. We always take a 4-mile walk at a wildlife preserve on Sundays. Church for the non-church-goer, we say. It's so beautiful and uplifting to be out there, and all the birds are migrating right now, we see swans and herons, and all kinds of ducks. Often we see bald eagles, one time we saw 4.

But I absolutely must plan and prepare for the coming work week or I'm doomed. I want to see more than .5 come off next week.

Life is good.
the Wildlife Preserve sounds wonderful! our only day off together is Sunday so we always take the boat out and will anchor sometimes at Bay Point or Bull Island (private islands you can only get to by boat) horseshoe crabs, sand dollars all over the place.. Herons, egrets, osprys and dolphins everywhere - we love it! when we take the dogs, they get to run without their leashes so are pretty happy :-) when it's too windy, we'll go to the beach, have to be outside somewhere near the water! that is also our "Church" enjoying nature. i was out of eggs and my precious grapefruit that i am addicted to! for two days and was having bad withdrawals! did a Greek Yogurt blended w/ a Strawberry Yogurt meal replacement for two mornings - added frozen strawberries.... but really missed my 2 eggs and grapefruit! am now fully stocked up and ready to roll
That's fantastic about all your jeans fitting or too big! i need to sort out some clothes and try more stuff on.. i did wear my favorite bermuda shorts yesterday that are at least 4 years old and they fit perfect. YAY! Happy Sunday!

Last edited by bigdog; 05-06-2012 at 09:19 AM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #75  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynapier View Post
Camaswa - way to go on the loss. You are going in the right direction.

COChick - that is a GREAT loss. Keep it up girl!

I have been doing the double take a lot lately. I guess I have just "noticed" that I lost 69.5 pounds. I know that sounds crazy but I never really saw it before.

Hope everyone has a great on plan weekend!
that is so funny!!! when i made my goal, i didn't realize i had lost 37 lbs till i looked at my ticker!! i really was focused on my weigh loss week by week and boy, does it add up! before joining in August, i really didn't think i could lose weight successfully again...getting older, perimenapause, then i saw family reunion photos that my "mean" older sister sent to everyone!! and i was like, hey, that's not me!!! i'm the youngest sister, i've always been slim, athletic and how did i get into that larger body? WTH? anyway, maybe she didn't mean to hurt my feelings or i guess my ego? but it was a huge wake up call!!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote