Old 05-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Fluffy - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Pets are such an integral part of someone's life (mine included - we have a golden retriever that we just love - he's the son we never had and is such a big part of our family). Allow yourself time to heal - try not to do too much but allow yourself time to get out and about and vent. It's a hard time, but you do need to take care of yourself. If it helps, when I've had tough time, it helps me to eat on "auto pilot"... not having to be too specific but switch to my "go-to" meals... i.e. tuna, chicken, steamed veggies in the bag, Melba ... lather, rinse, repeat and all that.

Galadreal - sounds like you're on the road to recovery! Enjoy the medication!

Kimmy - great attitude! Just trust the process and continue to plan. You'll do great!

Well, for me, I'm not able to make it to weigh in mid-week, so it'll have to wait until Saturday. Hopefully all will be okay. I just couldn't weigh in earlier because I had to take time off work for my sick kiddo. She's much better, so that makes it easier for this soft-hearted mommy... trucking on!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #32  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Fluffy, I am so sorry about your dog, and your cat. I know what it is like to lose my fuzzy little children and you have my deepest condolences. Many virtual hugs at you.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #33  

Height: 5' 5"

Fluffy, I am sooooo sorry. If you remember, I had to put my 17 year old cat to sleep right before Christmas. I hate that you have to go through this. To be honest, I didn't deal well with it either, program-wise. It's ok if you're not either. There will come a point where you will want to but if now's not the time, then it's not the time. We're all here for you if you need to "chat."
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 218.2/201.8/165

Height: 5 ft 7 inches

Default my confession, part 2

Well....today I went into the center for WI, and I was right. Up .5 lb...MAN, I knew those potato chips were gonna get me. But, I confessed and my counselor and I came up with a plan from keeping this from happening again.

On the positive side, I'm down 24.5 total inches, which include a total of 6.25 inches from my hips!!!! I almost cried!! The staff at my center (Auburn AL) are AWESOME, and keep me motivated.

I AM GOING TO DO THIS!!!!
sots mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Sots- are you kidding? 16 pounds resulted in 6.25 from your hips??? That's unbelievable! Wow,
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello All!

Last year about this time I joined MRC and loved the program. I had lost about 20 pounds when my husband came home from overseas and I discovered he'd had not one, not two but three affairs while he was gone...one with a 30 year old he was going to leave me for. Me being an emotional eater...well..thats when I gained most of the weight back that I lost. I'm not here to whine..I'm strong and I WILL get through all of this. I just recall the positive and motivational support I would read/get when I would come on this forum.

I began following the diet again without the suppliments. Right now my budget will not allow the high costs of them. So far I've lost 3.7lbs of the weight I gained back.

I do hope you guys will allow me to hang out and share in your accomplishmnents. What I read from you guys is so inspiring!

Susie
skuba girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all for the warm words of encouragement to get through this. After lunch today I felt so sick and now I know if nothing else my eating has to be watched. My dog is buried at my moms right by his best friend (our kitty). I sat out there today and felt a little more at peace. Again thank you all. It means a great deal.

Susie, welcome and most definitely you are welcome here. Sorry to hear what happened to you. You do sound strong and there are many people here to help you with whatever questions you might have. Good luck and welcome back.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #38  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Fluffy I am so sorry to hear about your dog but 14 plus years is a long happy life for that lucky dog (to have such a great mom). We rescue German shepherds and they are our babies. I couldn't have children either... Our first rescue passed away two years ago and we immediately went the next day and got my little baby boy GSD. We know we can take care of three dogs and so many need good homes. Our oldest girl is 17 (lab/shepherd mix), middle child is 7 and the baby is two years old. He has a lot of the same characteristics as our first girl (loves his baby pool, obsessed with tennis balls, follows me everywhere)
I know everyone is different but I think you need to go to the shelter and rescue a dog and a cat too! Our first girl was amazing! Rescued her at 9 mths and she lived a long happy life. She was ready to go and knew we would continue rescuing dogs. She trained our next two rescues. We still talk about her every day and she lives forever in our hearts....we go camping all the time just so we can take our "children" with us. My DH and I both have streessful jobs and they make us laugh daily. Great walking partners and hey they eat the leftover bread that I'm not eating anymore!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 279/248.7/160

Height: 5'6"

In order to stay focused on this diet I make mini goals that are attainable in a relatively short amount of time. I woke up early today, headed to the scales and YEAH I met my goal to get under 260, I am at 259.8. I needed to tell someone, it is 5am and everyone else in house is asleep so I am so thankful to have this group so I can get the word out!!! Next mini goal is passing under 250, here I go!!!

Congrats to the losers.

Best wishes to those who have had stresses/sadness in there lives.
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on hitting your goal Rowdy! I wouldn't call them mini goals, they are just as important as your final goal weight. Come on 250, you will be there before you know it.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #41  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Rowdy - Yay! I think goals/milestones along the way are very important! I have been hovering 1 pound over my next goal for a week and it is killing me. I think non-food rewards along with those goals are important too. It doesn't have to be expensive, but something. Pair of earrings, out to a movie, etc.

Fluffy - so sorry to hear about your dog. Hang in there.

Susie - Welcome! Focus on taking care of YOU right now. Don't worry about all of the supplements, many folks on this forum will tell you that they aren't necessary. I am not trying to talk you out of them - but don't let them stress you out if they aren't in your budget. HNS definitely, as well as a vitamin and EFA. Just work the meal plan 100%, get some exercise, and drink your water. You can do it!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 310/304/145

Fluffy, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I've been there and it's one of the hardest things I've been through in my life. I wish they would live forever. You hang in there, you are doing a great job!!
NonfatKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 310/304/145

I am so excited about my results from last nights WI. This is my 13th day on program and I've lost 6.5 pounds, which is less than I expected but they did measurements last night and I am down 18.5 inches! I hate the scale at the moment but I am confident it will catch up. My consultant was really good with me and we went over everything in my food journal and found that I was doing a couple things wrong so I made those changes immediately. Like taking my pills after my meals, now I am taking them BEFORE one bite of food passes my lips. Hopefully the scale will reflect it next time. I am still 100% motivated!
NonfatKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 206.5/189.5/140

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Nonfatkat, why take the pills before you eat? Did they give you a reason? I take mine with breakfast, not necessarily before I take my first bite. Am I doing it wrong?
kmcnair12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 206.5/189.5/140

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

And fluffy, I'm sorry to hear about your dog, too. Take care of yourself!
kmcnair12 is offline   Reply With Quote