Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #106  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Disappointing Weigh ins

been reading on these posts about disappointing weigh ins and after going through that some weeks, just wanted to say...try to drink a very minimum amount of water on weigh in day and always keep the lightest shorts/tshirt or whatever in your car so you don't have to worry about a heavy clothes weigh in. i'd run into the center, change into my light clothes and then weigh. nothing is more disappointing when you are on plan, expect a good weigh in and the water you had before or heavy clothes push those numbers up on the scale! i would hate the lectures too! like what can we do to help you, blah blah blah when i knew i lost weight but becuz of water or clothes looked like i gained. alot of times i would want to tell them, don't write that down, i'll be back in a couple days to get a true reading!!! :-) and i chose my weigh in clothes carefully too! i tried on different outfits to see if they caused a gain...i was determined to get a good number
Old 01-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 227/218.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Glad to see so many other new people...I went in for my first month measurements and was down 19.5" and 13 lbs!! Best success I have had on a diet! To help out with the weight loss and to torture myself, I am training to run a stair race in Feb. 41 flights of stairs to the top, around 850 steps...I can run that many now but it takes 40 minutes I just got a new inhaler from the doctor for exercise which is such a help with the gasping...

So if you want to buy your own HNS it is the whey protein powder?

Thanks everyone!!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 217/217/165

Height: 5' 3"

Hello all!! I've beenmissing in action for a while. I didn't fall off the wagon just been busy. So i go in for a weigh in on 12/30 and the scaled read 219.6 very heartbreaking considering I completely stayed on plan. Today I go for a weigh in and the scale read 208.8,wow what a big difference. I have been busting butt with increased water intake, daily exercise and eating OP. I also took the advice of you guys concerning weigh in clothes and water intake before weigh ins.I'm content with the loss, but do get a little discouraged when my scale at home shows something so different from the centers scale ( i always weigh first thing in the morning after my first potty break). Well with that said I am continuing on this journey with the help and support of you guys and the forum. Thanks,Michelle
Old 01-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #109  

I also had measurements taken today with total of 6.75 inches gone!!!!!! YAY
Old 01-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #110  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

My sister sent me this article, and it cracked me up. Thought you all might enjoy it as well:

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...sj_share_email
Old 01-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #111  

chelljo71
My scale is always different than the center. I have two different scales and
they are both under what the center reads... Glad you lost the weight.. Make sure you keep a daily journal, and bring to center, as if you did gain weigh and stayed OP, have the center go thru journal and find out why.. They sometimes can see something that we miss. But, congrats on the weight loss and inch loss

AmyKayLene..Congrats on weight loss and on inches... .

I wear same clothes on weigh in and take a different set to change into at work.. I wear a pair of the lightest leggings I could find, and a tee on top. If cold weather, still wear the same and have a cardigan on and take it off when I weigh in,Wishing everyone a great weigh in and hang in there ladies, it is most worth it.. I feel so much pressure off of myself losing weight I gained during the holidays. The green menu has become my backup for maintenance.

Y'all have a great day.

Patzi
Old 01-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #112  

Thanks Patzi!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 230/197/165

Smile New to this

I am new to this site. I have been going to MRC since November. This was defintely the best choice that I could have made for myself. I am down nearly 29 pounds, and 29" since starting this program. IT defintely works.

We have been on vacation and of course survived the holidays while I have been OP. I drink more water than I ever thought would have felt possible and feel great, without afternoon hunger.

I have been reading various threads here over the last few weeks and have found great encouragement in everyone's success. And their hints and ideas have been wonderful as well.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #114  

Survived the last Christmas today. I had brought foods that were OP, but by the time I went through the fruit was gone And i had to cut more cheese (luckily I was smart enough to have a cooler with extra cheese and veggies just in case that happened, the extra fruit got left on the counter at home). It was filled with drama so normally I'm tempted to dive into the cake. Luckily none of the sweets looked that great so I didn't give in. Made a yummy "pizza" once I got home with a tortilla, chicken, wing sauce (I get a kind that is like tabasco), and green peppers. I really wanted to just drive through some where, but the drive thru options that I can eat are few and just not appetizing.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Ready to get off these last 15...2 months, that's my goal.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #115  
Not fat, just fluffy!

S/C/G: 270/**see ticker**/200

Height: 5'9

Welcome fatburningmama!!! When in November did you start? I started the week of thanksgiving...29 pounds though already is fantastic!!! Congrats!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #116  

Hi All,

I had my first appointment with MRC on Thursday. I go back on Tuesday for the Program Instruction and to get my menu.

I don't know why but I am scared...I guess because I have failed at weight loss so many times since 2007. My husband even said last night...how long is this going to last 2 or 3 weeks.

We want to have a 2nd child but I have been told by my doctors that it would be dangerous to get pregnant since I am on cholesterol medicine and with the first pregnancy, I had a lot of blood pressure problems so they told me then that I need to lose weight before considering another.

My son was born in 2009, via C-section, I could not breastfood due to some complications with his birth and I never lost any more weight after leaving the hospital and the initial baby being born weight.

I see all of these other women around me have children and look just like they did before pregnancy within 3 months of having the child....makes me really unhappy about myself and beat myself up a lot.

I am hoping that this program makes a difference.

I weighed on Friday morning at home....234.6...Saturday morning 232.2...Sunday morning 232.4. So, I am already going through the disappointment today bc I showed a gain on the scale.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #117  

Hi RN-
Welcome. First off, this has worked for me...and nothing has before. I usually can't stick to something or for some reason it just doesn't work. This has. This has clicked. And second, I was like you in that I was so frustrated that the weight didn't come off easily after having babies (gaining 50 lbs the first, working hard but only getting 25 off before #2, then gaining the 25 again). I always get pretty cynical when expecting moms say how quickly they are going to lose. I even breastfed and only lost about 10 from that in the first year.

then I tried this and it's working. I've been stalled for about a week...but that's the first time in 2 months!

And you can't see .2 lbs as a "gain". If that much sends you into a downward tail spin I'd really recommend not weighing everyday. Our weight fluctuates for 1000000 reasons, so those small fluctuations are normal. You are looking for the downward trend over the long haul. If you can grasp that, then you may be okay weighing everyday (this is where I have come to, I'm up a lb today, and I know its due to hormones from TTOM and not getting enough water yesterday...so it doesn't make me disappointed, makes me want to grab my water so when the hormones are gone, the scale will be back on track).
Old 01-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 230/197/165

HI RN
I am one also who can say that this program definitely works where others haven't for me. I was very concerned about taking a vacation in early December after starting this program in the second week of November. It was one that I was able to follow and feel very confident in while traveling.

I have put systems into place that others mention here -- bagging up a day's worth of HNS and having these ready to grab and go, having a bag that stays ready at all times with all my supplements and weigh in clothes so I have no excuse for that day, and filling it with six bottles of water (so I know I get 12 servings of water each day). Having this ready when I go to bed each night, makes me feel very confident that I was be as successful the next day as I was that day.

The scales can be a dangerous yet helpful tool but like others have said -- sometimes it is nice to take a break from them for a day and be surprised on the scale rather than intimidated by it.

Take each day one at a time and you will be successful.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #119  

I travel quite often due to business and I have the essentials like HNS, water, etc with me.. I also order very simple meals when out eating. So please don't worry ..

Breakfast.. Egg white omelet or egg beater omelet , and a beverage. I am on maintenance now, so order coffee, but what ever your program allows.Some programs you may have fruit in morning and a slice of wheat toast.

Lunch.. Lean meat without bun, or I usually get a salad, ask for a piece of grilled chicken on it or grilled fish, and I have my own Wishbone Spritzer dressing on me or Diet Direct dressing in packages.. Usually water with HNS added to it.. If their is fruit, will ask for some plain fruit.

Supper.. Always order chicken or fish, as I don't eat red meat of any kind,
a veggie steamed with no salt and butter and a side salad..

Many times I call restaurant before I go there and ask to speak to manager and tell them I am on special diet regimen and they have always been helpful One time at an Italian restaurant there was nothing there on program at all, so called over the owner and asked him if he could take some shrimp from the appetizer list and saute in very little oil some zucchini that was on their menu and a side salad and it was done. Everyone thought I was crazy, but that did not matter to me.

So,please don't fear going away, as it takes the fun away from it. I stayed OP all the time I was traveling. If you have a problem, make the best choices you can make under the circumstances.

Welcome to the newbies and you have a great forum here. I would not have made it without their support.

Patzi
Old 01-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #120  

I tried this drink the other day and I will say it was really good...

I made a cold drink of the diet cappuccino cocoa drink.. Added some nutmeg, lots of ice, some soy milk, and some Walden Farms marshmallow whip.

Consultant said they made that at one of their meetings and it was good.

Patzi
Closed Thread