Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 260/245.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntreegirl View Post
Leo,

yes, we are worth it. I need to keep reminding myself that it's OK to do this for me. I somehow get lost in the mix of my husband and sons and all their stuff. It's an excuse I've used for too long now.

It has taken a little to get used to all the bathroom trips for me too. LOL

I actually just got back from the MRS center. I started preconditioning on Friday, Dec. 30, so they asked me to come back in either today or tomorrow to weigh in. I haven't lost anything according to their scale. I did, however, show loss of 4 lbs on my home scale. I am a little discouraged, but I haven't been perfect on my eating, so after 5 days I don't think I should be bothered by this. I do wonder if anyone has lost weight during pre-conditioning and how much. I go back on Friday, Jan 6, for my first class and to get my menu at that point. Another thing that is bothering me a little is that my blood pressure was really high when they checked it. I take meds for blood pressure and normally have 120/80. I am going to stop by my dr's office later and have them check it for me just in case any of the supplements I'm taking are making it go up.

Leo, are you taking any of the supplements and if so, how is that going for you?
KG,
I've been reading around the forum and some people have dropped a few lbs. while pre-conditioning, but don't get discouraged! We are all different, so don't compare yourself to anyone! When you went to the Center, did they give you any explanation as to why you may not have shown any loss?

Since you admit you haven't been "perfect on your eating" where did you "fall off the wagon?" Have you been drinking all of your water? Not only that, but the handout I was given re: water says "the overweight person needs one additional glass for every 25 pounds of excess weight" so for me, that means 96 ozs. of water per day, but I've resolved to drink a gallon (just 'cuz it's easier to measure).

Also, have you considered some light-weight exercise? I've been advised it's not really necessary, but I can't see NOT doing it. I plan on starting pretty slow w/20 mins. on the elliptical or treadmill 3x a week, then increasing a few minutes each week until I'm up to 45 mins. Then, I'll incorporate some light weight lifting.

As far as supplements, I'm not taking any (at this point). MRC recommended MRC-6 & CortTrim, but I haven't purchased. I'm somewhat afraid of "supplements" because I don't want to become dependent on them for results, however, I will consider it again in a couple weeks. I want to see progress without them first.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #32  

Height: 5' 5"

OMG! OMG! OMG! I WON THE CONTEST!!!!!!

Not sure if anyone remembers, but my local MRC center entered my before & after pics, plus my testimonial into a contest with other MRC's centers in our area. They just told me at lunch that I won!!!! It gets even better, turns out I didn't just win locally. I won for the whole dang state!!!!!!

If things couldn't get any better, I lost 3 pounds since Friday. I was excited about that and then they inform me since I lost weight over the New Year's holiday, I get 4 extra weeks. Surprise to me. Too cool!!!

LeoTheLioness -Welcome! You are dead on about getting organized. That is always my biggest piece of advice when starting out. Good luck on your journey!

Rocki - I think 9 pounds over the holidays is amazing! You should be so proud of yourself.

kuntreegirl - Welcome! If your scales showed a 4 pound weight loss and nothing at the center there's a couple of questions to ask. First, what time of day did you go into the center? Was it morning, afternoon, or evening. We always weigh the most in the evening because we've spent the day eating and drinking and that can lead to an artifical weight increase by a few pounds compared to first thing in the morning. Also, what were the clothes you were wearing? Most of us will admit to weighing on our home scales, first thing in the morning, after the bathroom trip, wearing next to nothing. If you are wearing jeans and a sweatshirt, for example, that can actually weigh a pound or two. I always carry clothes with me and change into them when I weigh in. This way I know the change on the scales is me and not the clothes. If all else fails, it may be the scales. You may need a new battery or a new one altogether. I hope this helps some and which you much success. Just hang in there.

patzi -I know you'll have those 2 pounds off before you know it. You've always been awesome about that. Thanks for being my inspiration!!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #33  

Smile

YAY JenB!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #34  

JENB-that is aweeeesome! Congrats...you totally deserve it!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #35  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 279.4/273.8/175

Height: 5'8

Leo,

first of all, thanks so much for the concern and support. I really appreciate it. I know it could be my scales. They are digital and never do I get the same reading twice, but it's usually off by only a few ounces or a pound or so. I think I am going to go get a regular set of scales, and take them with me to my next weigh in to see if they are the same.

I fall of the wagon at supper time with my family. I haven't gotten organized yet and like you said earlier, I know that will be key. I will get there though. I have been drinking all my water and then some, but I am a water hound. I love water and have for years. I rarely drink anything else. So that's not an issue, but I haven't been doing anything physical, so I will have to get moving.

I also have so many concerns about the supplements, but before I went to MRC, I was considering the lap-band. So I thought I would give something else a little less drastic, a really good try and totally commit myself, then if that didn't work, I couldnt' say it wasn't because I didn't give it my all. Please keep me informed how you do without the supplements, I would really like to keep my money if it's possible to do this without them.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #36  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 279.4/273.8/175

Height: 5'8

JenB72,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You should be so proud of yourself. That's awesome.

Thank you for your concern as well. I think it is probably my scale. I haven't been happy with it, although I was liking the weight it was showing me. Also, you are so right about the time I weigh at home and the clothes I wear. I went to the center today around 11 a.m., so I had eaten breakfast and a snack, but not had lunch yet. I know that could make a bit of a difference. It's just the time that I am able to go. Like I told Leo, I think I will buy a regular scale and take it with me the next time to see if it matches the center's scale.

Do you take the supplements and what do you think of them? I'm sorry if you discussed this in an earlier post, I still haven't gotten a chance to read back very far. Thanks again.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #37  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
TeacherLady..I got my hubby new running shoes for Christmas, but I really need to get some for myself as well.. I just haven't run in 7 months so I don't think they're that worn out yet (sad)..We have a 5k coming up in 8 weeks..OMG! I don't know if that's enough time to train, but I'm going to start tomorrow! Thank goodness we can go to a gym, b/c even though I live in FL it's supposed to be 27 tomorrow and that's just TOO darn cold for me to run outside..brrrrr!
You can do it! The Couch to 5K program (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) is 9 weeks long, but I was running the full 5K distance in the time allotted before the end of week 8. It's a great program, and I found it was something that eases you into running in as painless a way as possible (I was only really sore after the first run or two. After that, it's just been a little bit of stiffness the next day). There are also music podcasts with cues available to help you with the intervals (so you don't have to try to time yourself while running to your own music). I really like these podcasts: http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_...p?pod_id=57826

Keep me updated on your training! I actually only trained about 3-4 weeks before my 5K race and I survived...though it was really, really tough. So after my race, I continued on my training where I left off. I just started week 9, and then I'll be moving over to the Bridge to 10K program. Exciting!

Good luck!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #38  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoTheLioness View Post
As far as supplements, I'm not taking any (at this point). MRC recommended MRC-6 & CortTrim, but I haven't purchased. I'm somewhat afraid of "supplements" because I don't want to become dependent on them for results, however, I will consider it again in a couple weeks. I want to see progress without them first.
That's exactly how I was about the supplements. I did no supplements (other than a multivitamin & fish oil, as well as the protein drinks) for the majority of my weight loss. I finally used phentatrim towards the end, as my weight loss had stalled considerably and I needed to lose 10lbs more to start stabilization. I could have probably pushed through and done it without the phentatrim, but I really, really was ready to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
OMG! OMG! OMG! I WON THE CONTEST!!!!!!
If things couldn't get any better, I lost 3 pounds since Friday. I was excited about that and then they inform me since I lost weight over the New Year's holiday, I get 4 extra weeks.
Congratultions! that's absolutely wonderful! You deserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntreegirl View Post
I also have so many concerns about the supplements, but before I went to MRC, I was considering the lap-band. So I thought I would give something else a little less drastic, a really good try and totally commit myself, then if that didn't work, I couldnt' say it wasn't because I didn't give it my all. Please keep me informed how you do without the supplements, I would really like to keep my money if it's possible to do this without them.
Like I said, I didn't do any supplements until the very end. The diet plan is strong enough to stand alone and work without supplements. However, I'm not anti-supplements...I just didn't want to spend the money on something that may or may not do anything, and I was concerned about putting unregulated supplements into my body (FDA doesn't really regulate supplements like they do drugs).

Given your history of high blood pressure and the meds you're on, I would definitely check with your doctor about any supplements you want to take ASAP, as you don't want it to affect your blood pressure or interact with your current meds.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #39  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
That's exactly how I was about the supplements. I did no supplements (other than a multivitamin & fish oil, as well as the protein drinks) for the majority of my weight loss. I finally used phentatrim towards the end, as my weight loss had stalled considerably and I needed to lose 10lbs more to start stabilization. I could have probably pushed through and done it without the phentatrim, but I really, really was ready to be done.
TL,
Thanks for the reinforcement. We definitely have the same mindset! I am also taking fish oil (but I don't consider it a "weight loss" supplement), will definitely take the high protein drinks starting 1/7/12 and more than likely, a multi-vitamin.

I'm doing some preliminary research on vitamins that (supposedly) enhance your body's ability to burn fat (B6 and B12) and will let everyone know what I come up with in a couple days.

I'm 3/4 done with water intake for the day, had breakfast & lunch, but must admit, I am feeling a bit hungry right now. Tomorrow, I'm going to remember to pack more veggies for snacks.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #40  

JenB,
So cool! Congratulations on winning.

Welcome new MRCers. What I've liked so far is that my center is very willing to work with me and special dietary needs. If I don't lose, I can't blame anyone but myself (but, yay, I am losing)!

Chickadee
Old 01-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #41  

Jen... All I can say is you are awesome and I am so happy for you.

Rocki... What a great weight loss over the holidays. Be proud of yourself.

I want to welcome all new to MRC and congrats to all that have lost weight.

Jen, thanks for the vote of confidence... I am really trying.. Will let y'all know Friday...

Patzi
Old 01-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

JenB- yay!! Just think, we knew you when! You must be on cloud 9! I am still hoping to see that commercial too!

After the ups and downs of back to back holiday weekends, I came out up 1.2 pounds. I had been up 2.8 after Chiristmas, then wrestled it down,.then came New Years with a 5-day vacation. Good news for me was that I faced it immediately and am doing a couple MetaQuick days right away .I wish I could
just hibernate for a while.

Hello to all the new people!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
Welcome to the newbies and great job everyone for getting through the holidays (even if it was harder than we imagined) ..

I'm so happy to say that I earned another week for losing over NYE, but it wasn't a "real" loss b/c I had gained 3 lbs with TOM lingering on and on.

HOWEVER, I can report that for the holidays, overall, I am down 9 lbs. That's since November 21. I know it's not a lot, and it's not what I wanted and/or planned. BUT, it's a 9lb loss over the holidays when most people probably gained (most people not watching what they're eating). So, I'm off to a happy start for this New Year (other than being lazy and not doing a darn thing I need to do except eat right)..lol..

I now have until February 27 (unless I earn more free weeks) until my plan is up. I have 20 lbs to lose. That's 8 weeks, so 2.5lbs per week average. I hope I can do it. My hubby's bday is February 29 (Leap Day Baby), and my girls' bdays are Feb 3 & Mar 1. My goal was to be to goal by hubby's bday, so this is perfect timing for my program.

Bigdog..I still can't get the chocolate truffle to mix well hot..it's so nasty and clumpy! Also, if you use 3/4 of a scoop it's 21g protein, not 23 (according to my tub of protein mix). The Twisted Cherry is growing on me and I think I'd order that again, but not the Fuzzy Navel. I love the ProtiDiet hot cocoa mix as well. yummy.

TeacherLady..I got my hubby new running shoes for Christmas, but I really need to get some for myself as well.. I just haven't run in 7 months so I don't think they're that worn out yet (sad)..We have a 5k coming up in 8 weeks..OMG! I don't know if that's enough time to train, but I'm going to start tomorrow! Thank goodness we can go to a gym, b/c even though I live in FL it's supposed to be 27 tomorrow and that's just TOO darn cold for me to run outside..brrrrr!

Welcome JimRummie & Leo..this is an awesome group!
Are you nuts?? 9 pounds over the holidays is GREAT!!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #44  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Happy New Year everyone!!

never made it to the Pelican Plunge...ended up in Urgent care w/ my Dad in law all day NY day. Gallbladder issues (he's in bad health and diabetic) have been working and babysitting my mum in law who has Alzheimers while my DH has been at the hospital w/ DIL...wow, happy new year, right? so trying to stay on plan and feed MIL - will definitely need a week of Mediquick when this is over!!j and another camping R&R!! after the 5th meal this week, she asked if we could go out and eat. haha! she may have lost her memory but seemed to remember i can't cook! if i had some protein bars, i probably should have given her those to eat! hadn't had time to exercise either :-(

Rocki, i put a TB of the choc. powder in my coffee in the am and it mixes well but you are right, i took a full scoop and put in hot water and it clumped bad! i swear w/ the first bottle i bought, it mixed well when hot. very strange! way to go w/ the 9 lb. loss!!! i was doing great till NY day and the family stuff!
oh,well had more collard greens today and a little bit of hopping john hoping for some luck!! :-)

i did get a chance to walk this am and it was 23 degrees! but it was so good to be out and walking, i just bundled up! high 43 today which is freezing for S.C! can't believe Christmas day i was in shorts and barefoot in the sand in FL - oh happy day!

Last edited by bigdog; 01-03-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #45  

Hi...
Wishing everyone a great weigh in if today is the day...

For those having a problem mixing some of the powders.. I was having a real problem with the cocoa, and I have a salad wisk, not a regular wisk, and I use that and really mix and it is clump free. However, have to mix for awhile to get it like that.. Rachel Ray uses one of those whisks when she makes her salad dressings...

Have a great day and think thin.

Patzi
Closed Thread