Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
eb-I debated waiting to start MRC until we were debt free...obviously the cost set us back slightly & I will be needing almost a whole new wardrobe by thte time I'm done, but we decided my health and self-esteem were worth it...and being intense on both was so good. Keep at it...I had to add up our total debt and it was 85K paid off in 8.5 years, 65K over the past 4. Like the weight, it would be overwhelming to see it all at once at the beginning, we took it one debt at a time. And now I'm looking back on my weight loss...I've lost 20 recently, but have lost 55+ since my high in 2008, and may be over 70 by the time I'm done.
nwcgina - This is so encouraging. It is hard to look at the whole amount...debt and weight...and then get discouraged and want to give up. It's great to know there is light at the end of the tunnel for both situations. We debated for several months about me rejoining MRC, but knew it was best. We decided to just figure out how to make it work and go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
eb102106 & nwcgina - I applaud you both with wanting to become debt free. I love Dave Ramsey (unfortuantely he's not on the radio in our area) and Clark Howard. Clark inspired my husband & I to live debt free with the exception of our mortgage. We were debt free for about 3 years and then my hubby ran into some medical issues last year. We are in a little debt at the moment, but expect to be out of it by the end of March. While MRC may be an added cost, you also need to factor in the money you save on not buying junk food and medical costs for being overweight. The added cost may not be as much as you think.
JenB - I completely agree. We used to eat out...a lot...and since starting MRC we have saved tons of money by just making more meals at home.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #122  

I haven't posted in a few days, so thought I'd share my results. I went for my food class Friday night and started on the plan yesterday. So far so good and I lost 3 pounds during pre-conditioning! I go back on Tuesday to weigh in, so I hope I have another loss to report. I love this forum. It is so helpful to hear about everyone's success on this diet and it give me some hope! Thanks everyone!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 235/219/185

Height: 6' 0"

Default New start tomorrow

Well, I start day one tomorrow. I am trying this on my own, so wish me luck.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:02 AM   #124  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Ugh. Just typed big message that got erased... I signed 10# board finally. Woohoo. Congrats to all newbies and losers. Happy Monday!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #125  

Good luck to all the newbies...you'll find lots of support around here!

I feel like I've been stuck for 2 weeks...but looking back it's only been less than a week, with lots of daily fluctuations, but overall I'm down about 2 from last week and about 5 over the past 2 weeks. Funny how we can easily get bad perceptions about how we are actually doing. I was having a replacement bar almost daily as I was hungry, so i'm sure that and my inconsistent water is the reason for the fluctuations. I had been so good for 2 months about 80-100 oz per day, and the past week I had a few days to struggle to get 60. Just strange.

But today is a new day and I'm recommitted (and have the replacement bars hiding in the basement) I bought a new pilates DVD yesterday...it seems I do better hunger wise if I keep the intensity of the exercise low. This week's plan is pilates Mon & Wed, light strength days Tues & Thurs, and a walk or walk/run on Saturday. Can't wait to add more back in and hit the gym hard (its my stress relief and my "me" time), but now it just seems to set me back if I do much more.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #126  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNCLOSE2012 View Post
I don't know why but I am scared...I guess because I have failed at weight loss so many times since 2007. My husband even said last night...how long is this going to last 2 or 3 weeks.

We want to have a 2nd child but I have been told by my doctors that it would be dangerous to get pregnant since I am on cholesterol medicine and with the first pregnancy, I had a lot of blood pressure problems so they told me then that I need to lose weight before considering another.

My son was born in 2009, via C-section, I could not breastfood due to some complications with his birth and I never lost any more weight after leaving the hospital and the initial baby being born weight.

I see all of these other women around me have children and look just like they did before pregnancy within 3 months of having the child....makes me really unhappy about myself and beat myself up a lot.

I am hoping that this program makes a difference.

I weighed on Friday morning at home....234.6...Saturday morning 232.2...Sunday morning 232.4. So, I am already going through the disappointment today bc I showed a gain on the scale.
RN,
You sound so much like me, it's scary. I had my first child in 2009, severe pre-eclampsia, emergency c-section, massive amounts of blood pressure pills upon discharge so no breastfeeding for me, and I did not lose any baby weight after giving birth except for the weight of my munchkin. I've been there and I know what you are going through.

My weight the morning of her birth was 220. I've been at this since February 2011. I'm now down 75 pounds with 5 more to go. If you stick with the program, don't stress over it, and take it as a lifestyle change, things will change for you and you will feel so much happier. Hang in there and visit us often for support. I couldn't have done it without this forum. Good luck on your journey!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #127  

Happy Monday everyone. I was at the Broncos/Steelers game yesterday and have such a sore throat today! That was one of the best games I've ever seen! Love, love, love the Broncos. Unfortunately, the scale is showing a gain today, even though I've been sticking with the program. Such is my body - hopefully it's gone tomorrow.
Party on!
Chickadee
Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Happy Monday everyone. I was at the Broncos/Steelers game yesterday and have such a sore throat today! That was one of the best games I've ever seen! Love, love, love the Broncos. Unfortunately, the scale is showing a gain today, even though I've been sticking with the program. Such is my body - hopefully it's gone tomorrow.
Party on!
Chickadee
Go Broncos I watched the game with my son yesterday - he is a huge fan and was jumping around like a fool when they scored the last TD (he's 24!) Fortunately I was able to leave all the beer drinking to him yesterday......now Saturday was a different story - I had a major binge day (wine, chips, p-nut butter). I swear I think going to the grocery store sets me off on a binge!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #129  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 279.4/273.8/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoTheLioness View Post
KG!!!!!
TOM is coming up for me too! Man, I'm gonna be so bummed if the scale goes up, but I know it'll be water weight (more than likely). Also, I CRAVE EVERYTHING then. I just wanna eat & eat & eat & eat some more, so I'm hoping the HNS's will help with that.

I don't know how we can determine if we are on the same plan. There was no mention of levels, but I'll ask my counselor when I see her on Tuesday. I'm required to have 3 HNs's a day, plus 3 additional to be used as mid-morning, mid-afternoon or an evening snack.

What HNS's did you buy? Did you learn about the "ketone strips?"
What days are you planning to weigh-in?
Hi Leo.
One reason I didn't beat myself up more for the weight gain is because I know how much I can carry during TOM, so no need to be ugly to myself. You do the same and give yourself a little break if you see any rise in weight. TOM has never been good to me. LOL

I don't know either, but on my paper is actually says "META-SLIM PLUS Level 2". My plan also requires me to drink 3 HNS's a day, plus 3 additional for snacks. I bought mixed fruit (pretty tasty), grape (not too good), and kiwi-melon (I haven't tried yet). I bought 5 boxes for $55 and they didn't have a lot in stock to choose from. I didn't buy any "creamy's" yet. There is so much to learn and I am a little overwhelmed.

What about you? What flavors did you buy and which do you like best? I read the package and it says to mix with very little water, but I am mixing with quite a bit. I think they would be too sweet if I mixed like it says on the box.

My counselor didn't mention the ketone strips. Did you get some? I know from when I was pregnant they didn't like it when I had ketone's in my urine. Is this the same thing? I lost quite a bit of weight during my second pregnancy (long story, stress), and the dr would get on to me because of it. What exactly are the strips used for?

I am going to weigh in on Friday this week only. I just started to plan yesterday, so I think I'll be happier if I don't weigh in until 5 days. Hopefully I'll see a weight loss then. I'm afraid if I go in Tues or so there wouldn't have been enough time for me to lose anything. How about you....which day will you weigh in and will you go more than once?

So good to hear from you. I get sort of lost on the weekends, being so busy with my family I miss reading the posts on here.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #130  

Default MRC Menu PDF

Hi, everyone. I'm new here. In a previous post, I saw that someone had posted that they made a PDF copy of all the menus. Does anyone have one that they can email me? I'm looking for the yellow, blue, and green Metaslim for women menus. I'm looking to lose about 25-30 lbs. If anyone has them, please message me and let me know (the site won't let me post my email address). Thanks and good luck with the weight loss, everyone!
Leslie
Old 01-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 260/245.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntreegirl View Post
Hi Leo.
One reason I didn't beat myself up more for the weight gain is because I know how much I can carry during TOM, so no need to be ugly to myself. You do the same and give yourself a little break if you see any rise in weight. TOM has never been good to me. LOL

I don't know either, but on my paper is actually says "META-SLIM PLUS Level 2". My plan also requires me to drink 3 HNS's a day, plus 3 additional for snacks. I bought mixed fruit (pretty tasty), grape (not too good), and kiwi-melon (I haven't tried yet). I bought 5 boxes for $55 and they didn't have a lot in stock to choose from. I didn't buy any "creamy's" yet. There is so much to learn and I am a little overwhelmed.

What about you? What flavors did you buy and which do you like best? I read the package and it says to mix with very little water, but I am mixing with quite a bit. I think they would be too sweet if I mixed like it says on the box.

My counselor didn't mention the ketone strips. Did you get some? I know from when I was pregnant they didn't like it when I had ketone's in my urine. Is this the same thing? I lost quite a bit of weight during my second pregnancy (long story, stress), and the dr would get on to me because of it. What exactly are the strips used for?

I am going to weigh in on Friday this week only. I just started to plan yesterday, so I think I'll be happier if I don't weigh in until 5 days. Hopefully I'll see a weight loss then. I'm afraid if I go in Tues or so there wouldn't have been enough time for me to lose anything. How about you....which day will you weigh in and will you go more than once?

So good to hear from you. I get sort of lost on the weekends, being so busy with my family I miss reading the posts on here.
Hey KG!
You are SO RIGHT about TOM! I will cut myself some slack knowing TOM will go away soon.

On my plan, it says, "Meta-Slim Plus" so I'm thinking our plans may be SLIGHTLY different. My plan also requires 3 HNSs per day, plus 3 HNSs as "optional." I did a comparison between pre-conditioning & the actual program menus and found all the foods exactly the same - the only exceptions are: 1) certain proteins I can have 2x a week only; 2) fruit at lunch only.

I bought the Wildberry Passion (haven't tried yet), Kiwi Melon (tastes like green apple); Peach Mango (haven't tried yet); Cranberry Grape (haven't tried yet); Mixed Fruit (haven't tried yet). I didn't buy any creamies, but I'm thinking I'll try the chocolate or vanilla since I do like something sweet after lunch or dinner.

I also agree with you about waiting a couple days to WI since TOM is in town. I was going to go tomorrow, but I'm thinking I may wait until Friday as well BUT my center has free samples on Tuesday so that's also a good opportunity to try an HNS before I buy! Decisions, decisions!

It was explained the ketone strips are used to determine whether or not your body is in fat-burning mode (ketosis). If you're not in ketosis, they can modify your plan and/or introduce supplements.

Yes, there is a lot of info to learn, but just take your time, work through it, keep plugging along & before you know it, WAH LAH - you'll be an organized, lean, mean, fat-burning machine!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 209/208/160

Height: 5'3"

Can anyone tell me about the Phentra Trim? I have the MRC6 but really need something to get me going. It is quite expensive so I don't want to buy it if it is not going to work. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 260/245.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi molglo,
My center offers Phentratrim Trial (30 days supply) for $39 or for 90 days
($79). The info I have from the center says, "helps increase metabolism, suppress appetite, increase physical performance, frees up fat stores during exercise, builds lean muscle, decreases food cravings."
Old 01-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #134  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 279.4/273.8/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Hey KG!
You are SO RIGHT about TOM! I will cut myself some slack knowing TOM will go away soon.

On my plan, it says, "Meta-Slim Plus" so I'm thinking our plans may be SLIGHTLY different. My plan also requires 3 HNSs per day, plus 3 HNSs as "optional." I did a comparison between pre-conditioning & the actual program menus and found all the foods exactly the same - the only exceptions are: 1) certain proteins I can have 2x a week only; 2) fruit at lunch only.

I bought the Wildberry Passion (haven't tried yet), Kiwi Melon (tastes like green apple); Peach Mango (haven't tried yet); Cranberry Grape (haven't tried yet); Mixed Fruit (haven't tried yet). I didn't buy any creamies, but I'm thinking I'll try the chocolate or vanilla since I do like something sweet after lunch or dinner.

I also agree with you about waiting a couple days to WI since TOM is in town. I was going to go tomorrow, but I'm thinking I may wait until Friday as well BUT my center has free samples on Tuesday so that's also a good opportunity to try an HNS before I buy! Decisions, decisions!

It was explained the ketone strips are used to determine whether or not your body is in fat-burning mode (ketosis). If you're not in ketosis, they can modify your plan and/or introduce supplements.

Yes, there is a lot of info to learn, but just take your time, work through it, keep plugging along & before you know it, WAH LAH - you'll be an organized, lean, mean, fat-burning machine!
I am so glad I'm in the office alone right now because you really made me laugh out loud with the "organized, lean, mean, fat-burning machine". It's so sad that the organization part of it may be the hardest part for me. But I am determined to get it together.

I guess during pregnancy ketosis is something they don't want??? I will have to ask my consultant about it.

On my plan I am not allowed to have a creamy until day 5 or after day 5, so I don't know if that's on yours or not. I am doing OK with the HNS's. I really didn't like the grape one, but it won't be the worst thing I've ever tasted and still drank. I will not buy them again though if there's another choice. It sounds like your center was better stocked than mine.

I have such high expectations for myself for the next five days. You know I'm going out of town on Saturday, so I will cut myself a little slack. I am going to make good choices and take my HNS's and supplements with me to help curb any crazy cravings I get and to hopefully stall my appetite a bit. I am so looking forward to spending a fun weekend with my husband and sons. We don't get to spend many weekends together because my husband works 6 days on and 3 days off, so weekends only roll around once a month or so. I don't want to police what we do or where we go because of my eating. Does that make sense?

I would also like to say hello and welcome to the newcomers. I have only been here a short time and know that I will depend on this group of amazing people throughout my journey. I look forward to hearing your success stories too.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 209/208/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Phentra Trim

Quote:
Hi molglo,
My center offers Phentratrim Trial (30 days supply) for $39 or for 90 days
($79). The info I have from the center says, "helps increase metabolism, suppress appetite, increase physical performance, frees up fat stores during exercise, builds lean muscle, decreases food cravings."
I called the center close to where I live and they said that they do not have trial samples, just the $79 size. Have you used this? If so, what do you think about it.
Closed Thread