3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   January Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/220876-january-thread.html)

hteep123 01-22-2011 05:28 PM

@teacherlady - LOL! That's great! You don't even recognize your own behind from behind!

ShaddenA 01-23-2011 01:21 AM

Quick question Teacherlady, I know I asked this before and I think you said Diet direct was the site to go to but what are the protein drinks called that you buy online? I don't want to mess up and get the wrong ones.

patzi 01-23-2011 09:06 AM

Hi...
I weighed in Friday and stayed the same.The center is starting on me again and I reminded them again, the reason I bought an additional 10 weeks,is my goal would not be met . I asked them to do something with my menu as for first time since I started I feel starved.I take 5 HNS a day, 4 if I take a creamy,but they wanted me to buy Phenatrim,and I reminded them I bought it and am stuck with it as I am allergic to it. Said up exercise, drink more than 72oz of water a day, and that was it. I am hungry all the time.They would not change the menu ,so will have to do something before I go on a binge,which I feel like doing and have not. I tried the Meta Balance, and gained 3 pounds I think,so if anyone has any suggestions,I am more than willing to listen, as right now,I am struggling not to eat what is not OP, and have not done so as of yet.I was thinking maybe adding more protein.

Shadden A,I know you asked Teacher Lady, but I also order from Diet Direct.
The clear drinks are by Proti Diet and it says Concentrated Drink,Aspertine Free.
The powdered drinks are by Bari Wise,and my box says Bari WISE Variety Pack fruit drink.You have the option to by the drink in single flavors,I buy
them in the Variety box.
I emailed Diet Direct told them what Diet program I was on,and they told me the replacement drinks to buy.
Patzi

teacherlady79 01-23-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaddenA (Post 3669846)
Quick question Teacherlady, I know I asked this before and I think you said Diet direct was the site to go to but what are the protein drinks called that you buy online? I don't want to mess up and get the wrong ones.

The Protidiet fruit drink concentrates are the ones I get from dietdirect.com:
http://www.dietdirect.com/proamino-p...centrates.html

The Protidiet cocoa is also the one that MRC uses. If you want any bars, get the Bariwise ones--they are the ones that MRC uses (just in different packaging).

I have not found the meal replacement shake mix that is the same as the MRC one. I'll let you know when I figure that one out. :)

teacherlady79 01-23-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 3670086)
Hi...
I weighed in Friday and stayed the same.The center is starting on me again and I reminded them again, the reason I bought an additional 10 weeks,is my goal would not be met . I asked them to do something with my menu as for first time since I started I feel starved.I take 5 HNS a day, 4 if I take a creamy,but they wanted me to buy Phenatrim,and I reminded them I bought it and am stuck with it as I am allergic to it. Said up exercise, drink more than 72oz of water a day, and that was it. I am hungry all the time.They would not change the menu ,so will have to do something before I go on a binge,which I feel like doing and have not. I tried the Meta Balance, and gained 3 pounds I think,so if anyone has any suggestions,I am more than willing to listen, as right now,I am struggling not to eat what is not OP, and have not done so as of yet.I was thinking maybe adding more protein.
Patzi

Wow, Patzi. I don't know what to tell you. I think that this is one of the downfalls of MRC--it's only personalized to a certain point, and the people who work there aren't doctors or nutritionists and have been instructed not to modify the program menus. I hate to say it, but maybe it would be better for you to go see a dietitian or nutritionist and go over the menu with them to see what modifications they would recommend.

When I was trying to lose weight a while back ago, my personal trainer at the gym told me to eat 2 days super-low-calorie, then eat higher calorie the third day, and repeat that pattern. She said it allows you to eat really low calorie without your body going into starvation mode because you are "shocking" it with high calories that third day. I have also noticed, when I chart my weight loss and calories on livestrong.com, that sometimes I will actually see a bigger drop when I stick to the plan 100%, but have one day where I eat quite a few more calories (not going crazy, just a little off-plan, and healthy calories).

I'm not really sure what other advice to give you. :( Maybe Debi has some more insight?

I'm rooting for you, though!

karla 01-23-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherlady79 (Post 3669335)
THanks for the advice and thoughts, all.

I stuck it out yesterday and didn't graze or binge, and then I made myself go to yoga class last night (even though it was cold and I was tired and just wanted to curl up on the couch with a movie). I'm so glad I did all that, too! I weighed in this morning, and I"m -3.5lbs, so I've lost what I had gained the last couple weeks, plus some. :D

I made hubby go see his counselor yesterday afternoon (he hadn't been in a couple months--he has anxiety and PTSD issues, but had been doing considerably better until recently) to talk out his social blunder so he can figure out for himself what he needs to do. He ended up doing exactly what you suggested, razorbackbritt-- he sent an email to the folks he offended, apologizing and asking to meet up sometime. I chatted with my friend, and she's fine and thinks her husband really isn't upset or anything (he can get along with anyone--he has so many friends who have radically different views from him, yet he still gets along with them. I think he's the most patient person in the world, lol), so we're ok on that front.

Funny story: At yoga last night, we were in a weird bendy pose, kind of like a lunge, but all bent over funky, and I looked under my armpit to the mirror on the wall behind me (I like to make sure I'm positioned correctly, and even though we're not supposed to do it, I secretly check to see how everyone else is doing and/or whether I'm the only one struggling, etc). Anyway, I looked behind me, and saw the gal that was behind and to the side of me in the mirror, and then I saw someone else's rear end. I thought, "Huh, I thought we were the only two girls in the class tonight. Who is that?" Then I looked more closely at the yoga pants and realized IT WAS ME! My rear and legs have gotten skinny enough that I didn't even recognize my own butt! ;)

That is awesome! Congrats on the 3.5 loss. PS not recognizing your own tuckus :) haha

karla 01-23-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 3670086)
Hi...

Shadden A,I know you asked Teacher Lady, but I also order from Diet Direct.
The clear drinks are by Proti Diet and it says Concentrated Drink,Aspertine Free.
The powdered drinks are by Bari Wise,and my box says Bari WISE Variety Pack fruit drink.You have the option to by the drink in single flavors,I buy
them in the Variety box.
I emailed Diet Direct told them what Diet program I was on,and they told me the replacement drinks to buy.
Patzi

Which menu are you on right now?

hteep123 01-23-2011 06:03 PM

Well I have stayed on track this weekend with the exception of some rice cakes. I will go WI tomorrow and see how I do, but I'm not holding my breath for a miracle or anything. At this point I am really hoping I haven't gained any more than I did on Thursday.

I propose an HNS toast to being accountable! *clink*clink*

Sherral 01-23-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

I stuck it out yesterday and didn't graze or binge, and then I made myself go to yoga class last night (even though it was cold and I was tired and just wanted to curl up on the couch with a movie). I'm so glad I did all that, too! I weighed in this morning, and I"m -3.5lbs, so I've lost what I had gained the last couple weeks, plus some. :D

I made hubby go see his counselor yesterday afternoon (he hadn't been in a couple months--he has anxiety and PTSD issues, but had been doing considerably better until recently) to talk out his social blunder so he can figure out for himself what he needs to do. He ended up doing exactly what you suggested, razorbackbritt-- he sent an email to the folks he offended, apologizing and asking to meet up sometime. I chatted with my friend, and she's fine and thinks her husband really isn't upset or anything (he can get along with anyone--he has so many friends who have radically different views from him, yet he still gets along with them. I think he's the most patient person in the world, lol), so we're ok on that front.

Funny story: At yoga last night, we were in a weird bendy pose, kind of like a lunge, but all bent over funky, and I looked under my armpit to the mirror on the wall behind me (I like to make sure I'm positioned correctly, and even though we're not supposed to do it, I secretly check to see how everyone else is doing and/or whether I'm the only one struggling, etc). Anyway, I looked behind me, and saw the gal that was behind and to the side of me in the mirror, and then I saw someone else's rear end. I thought, "Huh, I thought we were the only two girls in the class tonight. Who is that?" Then I looked more closely at the yoga pants and realized IT WAS ME! My rear and legs have gotten skinny enough that I didn't even recognize my own butt! ;)

LOVE your funny story, that must have made you feel great!!!!:carrot:

Razorbackbritt 01-23-2011 10:03 PM

Had a pretty good weekend. We ate out Friday night and I wasn't 100% OP
(shared an appetizer) because we were celebrating. I know its not a good excuse, but I did it.

I ate OP while my parents were in town and took us out....and while I made everyone waffles for breakfast this morning, I ate my usually eggs/cheese and oatmeal. Proud of that! We went to the movies and I took the choc mini crips to snack on and they were great movie food!

hatethesweatpants 01-24-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherlady79 (Post 3670337)
Wow, Patzi. I don't know what to tell you. I think that this is one of the downfalls of MRC--it's only personalized to a certain point, and the people who work there aren't doctors or nutritionists and have been instructed not to modify the program menus. I hate to say it, but maybe it would be better for you to go see a dietitian or nutritionist and go over the menu with them to see what modifications they would recommend.

When I was trying to lose weight a while back ago, my personal trainer at the gym told me to eat 2 days super-low-calorie, then eat higher calorie the third day, and repeat that pattern. She said it allows you to eat really low calorie without your body going into starvation mode because you are "shocking" it with high calories that third day. I have also noticed, when I chart my weight loss and calories on livestrong.com, that sometimes I will actually see a bigger drop when I stick to the plan 100%, but have one day where I eat quite a few more calories (not going crazy, just a little off-plan, and healthy calories).

I'm not really sure what other advice to give you. :( Maybe Debi has some more insight?

I'm rooting for you, though!

I have to say that I completely agree with teacherlady. This program just isn't for everyone, especially if your center is stubborn or won't listen to your concerns. I can't remember if it was you I said this to before or not, but I really had to get in the girl's face at the end of my program. She wanted me to sign on for 10 more weeks and lose at least 10 more pounds. My trainer was saying "NO WAY - you're at 20% bf" (and I had stopped having a period). My conversation with her started out good, but got heated, especially when she suggested more supplements. :o You have to advocate for yourself and tell them what's not working. Teacherlady is right -they can't modify the menus. You've either got to figure it out, or get a different menu. How long have you been stalled?

hatethesweatpants 01-24-2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Ok, now that is funny! Thanks for the LOL! Cheers to NSV's!

theycallmemom 01-24-2011 09:08 AM

Good Monday morning! Its the start of a new week and I am ready to go go go...have had the crud but stayed on plan most of the time...today is a new day! Been up a couple hours and am on plan LOL..its gonna be a great week

Razorbackbritt 01-24-2011 11:59 AM

NSV! My mom brought me a bag of smaller clothes from my closet at home. And several pants and skirts fit that I haven't worn in so long!

Most are size 12! I started at a 16! Woohoo!

hteep123 01-24-2011 03:52 PM

Woohoo to everyone! :)

I went and weighed in this morning. I'm down 1.5 lbs. Woot woot!

ShaddenA 01-24-2011 07:25 PM

Thank you both for replying on my question about what drinks to get from where. I am just having such a hard time on this plan. It is so exspensive and I have been stalled for almost a month, with a gain of 2.5 lbs. Ah and the food, I'm just so tired of the same old food. I am getting really discouraged and starting to feel like maybe I'm just meant to stay this way. I thought about quiting MRC and maybe trying WW's but my mom talked me out of it and says to just stick it out a little longer and see if I start to lose again. Sorry I had to vent.

patzi 01-24-2011 07:45 PM

Thank you Debi and teacher lady for answering my request.. I am not really at a stall as much as I am super hungry.I have a friend who is a nutritionist. I think I will have her review my menu with me.. I have 5 more pounds to go to goal, and we shall see what happens..

Patzi

Razorbackbritt 01-24-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaddenA (Post 3673185)
Thank you both for replying on my question about what drinks to get from where. I am just having such a hard time on this plan. It is so exspensive and I have been stalled for almost a month, with a gain of 2.5 lbs. Ah and the food, I'm just so tired of the same old food. I am getting really discouraged and starting to feel like maybe I'm just meant to stay this way. I thought about quiting MRC and maybe trying WW's but my mom talked me out of it and says to just stick it out a little longer and see if I start to lose again. Sorry I had to vent.

Shadden, I was getting tired of the food too until I started cooking out of the cookbook. Or look through the recipe thread on the forum, or at mrcrecipes.blogspot.com Get creative! Also if you look online for low-carb recipes, most can be adapted to be OP. Don't give up....find a new angle!

patzi 01-24-2011 08:43 PM

Shadden A..

If you need hot cocoa, there is a special code for a percentage off.
It is Hotdrink20.

Patzi

jade1393 01-24-2011 09:46 PM

Things here are going great for the most part. I am struggling getting one of my HNS's in the afternoon for my snack. I just don't have time to snack at work most of the time. I ran my two miles today. Going to do my Muay Thai tomorrow. Getting nervous about the 5K coming up in March. We will see how it goes. Can't believe how tired I was before I ran. Decided to make myself do as much as I could. Got in a good workout. Cut my hair and donated it to locks of love yesterday. Makes working out easier. Need to call my center and tell them sorry for not going in recently. I don't live close and I have to go on a week day. No weekday off for me for awhile. I can't wait to go though because I know I have lost weight!

ShaddenA 01-24-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 3673352)
Shadden A..

If you need hot cocoa, there is a special code for a percentage off.
It is Hotdrink20.

Patzi

Thank you Patzi, I will do that.

ShaddenA 01-24-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt (Post 3673335)
Shadden, I was getting tired of the food too until I started cooking out of the cookbook. Or look through the recipe thread on the forum, or at mrcrecipes.blogspot.com Get creative! Also if you look online for low-carb recipes, most can be adapted to be OP. Don't give up....find a new angle!

The only reason I don't buy the cookbook is because most of their recipes call for a supplement be added to it. That takes me back to the affordable problem again. Do the others require them as well?

ShaddenA 01-25-2011 12:12 PM

Do you all pay 10.99 per box on diet direct? I pay $10 per box right now through MRC because I buy 5 at a time.

teacherlady79 01-25-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaddenA (Post 3674548)
Do you all pay 10.99 per box on diet direct? I pay $10 per box right now through MRC because I buy 5 at a time.

I usually wait until there's a sale/discount code being offered, then I stock up on them. Otherwise, www.familybariatric.com sells them for $9.50/box, but they don't offer free shipping.

hteep123 01-25-2011 02:39 PM

The baby and I are sick today and all I want is some chicken noodle soup and a grilled cheese. I am doing well so far but it is difficult. I even made the baby a grilled cheese and didn't eat any of it.

We both feel awful and I have no idea what to make for dinner. I've been drinking hot tea all day and trying to chug down my HNS in between. I'm ready to be back to normal!

patzi 01-25-2011 08:47 PM

I weighed in today and lost 1 1/2 pounds, 3 1/2 pounds towards goal. I am delighted with that.

Today they wanted me to buy some new supplemens for blood sugar, but I declined.

Great suggestion to speak to a nutritionist, thank you for that.

I spoke to my friend, the nutritionist and she said to add more protein to my diet. Not lots, just maybe an oz more to see if that helps,and to alternate and add some good healthy fat, like avocado in small amt. or a small amt. of peanut butter to see if that helped.I do use olive oil.She will review my eating and how I feel in a week. This definately is not on my program, but I thought me seeing a nutritionist is a great idea, as I refuse to take all those additional supplements they keep pushing on me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
Patzi

teacherlady79 01-25-2011 09:38 PM

I weighed in today and gained 1/2lb. Actually, I think it was a combination of water retention (I had a little extra sodium in my food last night) and the clothes I was wearing, so I'm not going to sweat it. I probably just stayed the same, which is normal after a sudden drop for me (I lost 3.5lbs on my last weigh in).

I was kind of irritated, at my weigh in, though. Besides the fact that I got a speeding ticket on my way to the center (I simply wasn't paying attention--gah!), I had a consultant who usually works at a different center. This usually wouldn't bother me, but she was really pushing their weight-loss supplements (MRC-6, phentertrim, etc.). I explained my reasons for not wanting to take the supplements, but she was still really pushy. (I want to try to do as much of this as possible without the supplements, so I don't have to worry about coming off of them, and I hesitate to take them when I'm on an antidepressant. And I'm sorry if a 20-something-year-old not college-educated girl tells me that they are safe to take with my antidepressant--I don't trust that she really knows what she's talking about. Besides that, why pay so much for their supps when my doctor would prescribe phentermine for me and my insurance would cover it?)

It was just really irritating. I also told her that I don't need to lose 3-5lbs a week to feel successful. I'm just as happy losing 1-3lbs a week, and I've been mostly consistent about that.

So, I'm just going to buckle down and plug along. We'll see how I do at my next weigh-in.

hatethesweatpants 01-25-2011 09:41 PM

I like the sassy attitudes, girls! LOL! Good job! My hubby jokingly said the other night that he wished I could have kept my "please everyone, disturb no one, go along with anything" fat girl attitude. Apparently, I'm a bit of a diva, now. :D

karla 01-25-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hteep123 (Post 3674868)
The baby and I are sick today and all I want is some chicken noodle soup and a grilled cheese. I am doing well so far but it is difficult. I even made the baby a grilled cheese and didn't eat any of it.

We both feel awful and I have no idea what to make for dinner. I've been drinking hot tea all day and trying to chug down my HNS in between. I'm ready to be back to normal!

Congrats on your 1.5lbs loss! I'm sorry you are sick. I hope you get to feeling like yourself soon. PS Holy willpower not eating that grilled cheese while feeling crummy! :getwell:

karla 01-25-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 3675563)
I weighed in today and lost 1 1/2 pounds, 3 1/2 pounds towards goal. I am delighted with that.

Today they wanted me to buy some new supplemens for blood sugar, but I declined.

Great suggestion to speak to a nutritionist, thank you for that.

I spoke to my friend, the nutritionist and she said to add more protein to my diet. Not lots, just maybe an oz more to see if that helps,and to alternate and add some good healthy fat, like avocado in small amt. or a small amt. of peanut butter to see if that helped.I do use olive oil.She will review my eating and how I feel in a week. This definately is not on my program, but I thought me seeing a nutritionist is a great idea, as I refuse to take all those additional supplements they keep pushing on me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
Patzi

Yay on your loss! Yeah, def. not fun when they push the supplements that you don't need.

karla 01-25-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherlady79 (Post 3675691)
I weighed in today and gained 1/2lb. Actually, I think it was a combination of water retention (I had a little extra sodium in my food last night) and the clothes I was wearing, so I'm not going to sweat it. I probably just stayed the same, which is normal after a sudden drop for me (I lost 3.5lbs on my last weigh in).

I was kind of irritated, at my weigh in, though. Besides the fact that I got a speeding ticket on my way to the center (I simply wasn't paying attention--gah!), I had a consultant who usually works at a different center. This usually wouldn't bother me, but she was really pushing their weight-loss supplements (MRC-6, phentertrim, etc.). I explained my reasons for not wanting to take the supplements, but she was still really pushy. (I want to try to do as much of this as possible without the supplements, so I don't have to worry about coming off of them, and I hesitate to take them when I'm on an antidepressant. And I'm sorry if a 20-something-year-old not college-educated girl tells me that they are safe to take with my antidepressant--I don't trust that she really knows what she's talking about. Besides that, why pay so much for their supps when my doctor would prescribe phentermine for me and my insurance would cover it?)

It was just really irritating. I also told her that I don't need to lose 3-5lbs a week to feel successful. I'm just as happy losing 1-3lbs a week, and I've been mostly consistent about that.

So, I'm just going to buckle down and plug along. We'll see how I do at my next weigh-in.

@teacherlady- That sucks when they push the supplements. I don't know about you, but I feel comfortable with certain consultants. I think that has to do with the fact that they have done the program and have had similar feelings/journey as I would be going through vs. the girl that gets hired and has never had to lose weight! :)

karla 01-25-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants (Post 3675697)
I like the sassy attitudes, girls! LOL! Good job! My hubby jokingly said the other night that he wished I could have kept my "please everyone, disturb no one, go along with anything" fat girl attitude. Apparently, I'm a bit of a diva, now. :D

Nice! I love it! It is so true though that most of us have/had that attitude. I am slowly trying to change mine.

karla 01-25-2011 10:54 PM

I wi today and lost 2.5lbs! I start my blue menu tomorrow which I am really excited about b/c I needed a change. I was starting to get a bit bored. I dug out my mrc cookbook to help when I get bored. I bought the chocolate drink (not the mr drink). Have any of you made the "ice cream" with that or in general tried it? I am in the process of making the "ice cream", but I always like to hear other opinions before I try something. Also, did y'all know that a new wafer is coming out. I believe it is peanut butter. I used to be addicted to the vanilla wafers and today when I checked out I had to try really hard not to buy those! How is everyone else doing? We have been under tornado watch/warning all day...perfect day to eat comfort food...ugh (stayed op)

hatethesweatpants 01-26-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karla (Post 3675831)
I wi today and lost 2.5lbs! I start my blue menu tomorrow which I am really excited about b/c I needed a change. I was starting to get a bit bored.

Great news! You're on your way! :bravo:

Joy2MeNu 01-26-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants (Post 3675697)

oh baby, that is just CONFIDENCE in megatons. Good for you. Yes, the loss changes us for sure. So very sad for your hubby (NOT!) hahahaha

Razorbackbritt 01-26-2011 09:31 AM

Weighed in yesterday....down 2 pounds! I finally broke into the 170s! I had hit 179 a time or two, but kept going up and down...I'm back down!

And I had a GREAT zumba class last night....the teacher said her calorie monitor read she had burned 750 calories...so she said we had most likely burned 500-600! Isn't that crazy?! This morning my scale is down another pound!

karla 01-26-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt (Post 3676331)
Weighed in yesterday....down 2 pounds! I finally broke into the 170s! I had hit 179 a time or two, but kept going up and down...I'm back down!

And I had a GREAT zumba class last night....the teacher said her calorie monitor read she had burned 750 calories...so she said we had most likely burned 500-600! Isn't that crazy?! This morning my scale is down another pound!

Congrats on your 2lbs loss!

leigh529 01-26-2011 04:27 PM

teacherlady - I go to the same center as you and have been pleased that they don't push the supplements on me. I hope I don't get that consultant when I weigh in next. I know what you mean about the 20 somethings that do know anything. Sometimes it would be nice to get a real explanation of why we do things a certain way. I don't take any extra supplements either and I have tried the phentermine route too. I don't want to depend on a pill to control my eating. Good luck with your next weigh in.

Ready2Live 01-26-2011 04:46 PM

Okay, so I am down 17 lbs and I am only on day 19. That is counting the weight I lost on detox too. But still, that is super motivating. I have been so strict and I think it is paying off (I'm sitting here right now smelling and hearing my little girl really enjoying her Cheetos) :). I really miss chips. Does anyone have a suggestion. I saw the Zucchini chips recipe but I can't imagine it to be like chips. I know nothing taste as good as skinny feels and that is really true. I tell myself that I already know what it tastes like so what's the point?

Razorbackbritt 01-26-2011 04:58 PM

Ready2Live...I made some parmesean chips to eat at lunch for my protein a couple times a week. Just take grated parm (I use the good stuff from the deli section) and put little round mounds on a baking sheet and bake them at 350 for a bit until they melt then get crispy.

Also, you can take the 50 calorie tortillas and cut them up, spritz with ICBINBS and bake them. I sprinkle mine with some mrs dash fiesta lime seasoning (or whatever the mexican seasoning is called) and they are really yummy.