3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   January Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/220876-january-thread.html)

patzi 01-04-2011 07:38 PM

Hello...
I weighed in today and lost 1 1/2 pounds,a total of 19 pounds since beginning of September.n Should hit goal by end of month,I would think.

Hope y'all have a wonderful evening.

Patzi

teacherlady79 01-04-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 3633711)
Hello...
I weighed in today and lost 1 1/2 pounds,a total of 19 pounds since beginning of September.n Should hit goal by end of month,I would think.

Hope y'all have a wonderful evening.

Patzi

Patzi, that's wonderful! Keep it up!

I weighed in today, and I was down 1/2lb from last Tuesday. I usually prefer to see a bigger loss, but between my body adjusting from the previous week (when I lost 3.5 lbs) and my bday cake and evening snacking this last week, I'm fine with it.

Back into the swing of things, staying on plan from here on out! :)

jade1393 01-04-2011 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=hteep123;3632454]

@jade - Oooh that sounds like so much fun! Really enjoy it. You sound like you have your mind made up that you are gonna make this YOUR YEAR!QUOTE]

I am going to try! Muai Thai was so crazy! I had a blast though. Not sure if I can make it upstairs to go to bed haha.

struggling Nicole 01-04-2011 11:44 PM

After a crazy week hiking through the snow trying to find that big deer with my husband, I was so excited to come back and weigh in. My husband made me climb up a 90 degree, 60 foot cliff. It was a challenge! I didn't make it to the top, but neither did he. What a work out. I came home tonight with only a 2lb weight loss. A little disappointing, but I have now lost 20lbs. I signed the board and got my rock. I also got a piece of ribbon they measured out to be as long as the inches I have lost. What a great feeling. I guess I'll keep plugging along. It seems to be working!

hatethesweatpants 01-05-2011 08:12 AM

Great job on getting back into the swing of things, everyone! The pounds are coming off!

@strugglingnicole, 2lbs is AWESOME! Please try to give yourself credit! If you were doing a lot of hiking and exercise you're not used to, you are probably retaining some water in your muscles. The fact is, you burned a lot of fat and it will show up at some point.

ImOverIt 01-05-2011 02:30 PM

Hi everyone! Happy New Year! Got a call from the center today as I have not been in for 2 weeks (been out of town/traveling/vacation/etc) and it was actually rather comical. She was very supportive and joked that she would put my file back into circulation instead of filing me away to no-man's land (it sounded as if a lot of people fall off the wagon during the holidays and don't make it back!?). I'll go in Saturday am to WI, hoping for a decent WI as I have been off plan for almost 1 solid week with additional "oops" meals leading up to that. I'm okay with it though, knew I'd go off for Christmas and New Years (cooped up in hotel rooms with 11 other people - 9months to 68 yo). I bought some spin class sessions and am looking forward to getting my bunns in shape, lol. Have a wonderful afternoon all!

Razorbackbritt 01-05-2011 03:01 PM

Well...I did it. I signed up for Zumba instructor training...in one month! Feb. 5 I will train to get certified to teach Zumba! I have always loved Zumba and always been really good (instructors before have told me to get certified), but my weight has made me feel like I am too big to teach others to work out.

Well, not anymore! I said my new year's resolution (one of them) was to finally get certified...and there is one an hour from where I live in Feb. No better time than now!

So I have just one month to work and get myself in great physical condition to be able to Zumba all day at the workshop!

I am nervous and excited all at the same time!

teacherlady79 01-05-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt (Post 3635357)
Well...I did it. I signed up for Zumba instructor training...in one month! Feb. 5 I will train to get certified to teach Zumba! I have always loved Zumba and always been really good (instructors before have told me to get certified), but my weight has made me feel like I am too big to teach others to work out.

Well, not anymore! I said my new year's resolution (one of them) was to finally get certified...and there is one an hour from where I live in Feb. No better time than now!

So I have just one month to work and get myself in great physical condition to be able to Zumba all day at the workshop!

That is so cool! I'm actually a little envious of your courage on this. I've been toying with the idea of eventually becoming a yoga teacher, but I have a looong way to go in my practice before I'll feel ready to sign up for certification classes (I'm still in level 1-2 classes, just because there's so much I can't physically do yet). I always thought I could never teach yoga because of my weight, but last summer I took a class in Chicago (when visiting friends) and that instructor was about as heavy as I am now. The main thing you need, I think is knowledge of the practice and the endurance to actually do it. I'm sure Zumba is the same. :)

I've never tried Zumba (it just hasn't worked into my schedule yet), but I'm pretty sure I would love it, since I love to go salsa dancing (I took latin dance lessons several years ago--LOVE it!).

Good luck! If nothing else, this will motivate you to build your endurance and ability so you can achieve your goal! :carrot:

hteep123 01-05-2011 03:49 PM

Congratulations on finding new motivation in 2011!

lmickley 01-05-2011 04:05 PM

Hi everyone!

Hi, all. I haven't posted in about a week or so. But, I have been doing ok on program. It is hard to do the plan without the HNS, i have not ordered for diet direct yet. Just waiting on payday. I bought the Necart protien powder and it works but it is hard to drink everyday for all my HNS and i don't really like the homemade ones too much with egg whites. I hope to order the HNS next week. Do you guys think I should do preconditioning until I get those in so that I can stay OP better? The HNS really help between meals and last time I was on MRC made a lot of gelatin with them.

murphydoodle2 01-05-2011 06:48 PM

Hello all!

Still lurking more than posting, but I love reading about everyone's successes! I'm on Day 10 and down 4.8 lbs. I know this will slow down, but right now it is VERY motivating. I have also been 100% OP in 2011 after a few BLTs New Year's Eve.

My current goal is to see exactly how long I can go 100% OP. I know it gets easier, but I'm thinking that there will still be struggles. How long have you guys been able to stay 100% OP? Do your cravings come in waves or were they just constant and slowly died?

hatethesweatpants 01-05-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt (Post 3635357)

:cheer2: Yea! So great! I've thought about doing the same, myself!

jade1393 01-05-2011 07:51 PM

Had my WI today finally after the holidays. I actually lost 3 pounds during the holidays! Honestly that is has never happened. I wish it would have been more, but considering there were days I was off the plan I am happy with a loss than a gain. Now that I am focused, holidays are over, and I have a workout plan in place I should be in good shape. I am looking forward to see what happens for my next WI.

Razorbackbritt : I LOVE Zumba! Congrats and good luck on your training!

patzi 01-05-2011 11:15 PM

Hello...

For those that order from Diet Direct, they have the following special.

20% off entire Hot Drinks Category.Only ones I know of that would be acceptable to us is BariWise Brand.

Coupon Code is HOTDRINK20

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Patzi

Razorbackbritt 01-06-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphydoodle2 (Post 3635745)
Hello all!

Still lurking more than posting, but I love reading about everyone's successes! I'm on Day 10 and down 4.8 lbs. I know this will slow down, but right now it is VERY motivating. I have also been 100% OP in 2011 after a few BLTs New Year's Eve.

My current goal is to see exactly how long I can go 100% OP. I know it gets easier, but I'm thinking that there will still be struggles. How long have you guys been able to stay 100% OP? Do your cravings come in waves or were they just constant and slowly died?

My cravings come and go. I think they are situational. If I'm out eating at Olive Garden, I crave pasta. But I order the grilled chicken and it goes away. At a party where I brought the salad or veggie tray, I crave chips and dip. When I'm baking for my family, I crave sweets. On my period, I feel like vegging out, and I want whatever is around. As long as you don't give in to the craving (or if you do, just have a bite...no sabatoging yourself) it does get easier to say no. Hatesthesweatpants says that saying no is like a muscle, you have to work it and it gets easier.

teacherlady79 01-06-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt (Post 3636761)
My cravings come and go. I think they are situational. If I'm out eating at Olive Garden, I crave pasta. But I order the grilled chicken and it goes away. At a party where I brought the salad or veggie tray, I crave chips and dip. When I'm baking for my family, I crave sweets. On my period, I feel like vegging out, and I want whatever is around. As long as you don't give in to the craving (or if you do, just have a bite...no sabatoging yourself) it does get easier to say no. Hatesthesweatpants says that saying no is like a muscle, you have to work it and it gets easier.

I agree. Sometimes I just crave putting something in my mouth, lol. Last night, for example, I was craving a snack, so I started eating saltines. After about 3 crackers, I thought "This is crazy. No way was I sitting around thinking 'I really want saltine crackers right now!'" It made me stop and re-evaluate WHY I was eating them. Was I genuinely craving that specific item, or did I just feel like eating? I think it makes it easier to say "no" to a craving when you can determine whether it's because you really really really want that item, or you just really want to eat something--anything--for the sake of eating. It makes you realize that you're addressing/correcting a behavioral issue (eating just to eat) rather than just denying yourself something you really want (because chances are, you don't really really really want it).

It doesn't help that I just started my period yesterday--like razorbackbritt said, I think anything around me sounds good enough when I'm on my period.

Razorbackbritt 01-06-2011 02:08 PM

Signed that 30 pound board today! FINALLY! And got measured...lost 9 inches in December. I was worried because I only lost 3 pounds last month...but lost 9 inches!

Woohoo! Celebrated by doing a great Zumba class!

teacherlady79 01-06-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt (Post 3637374)
Signed that 30 pound board today! FINALLY! And got measured...lost 9 inches in December. I was worried because I only lost 3 pounds last month...but lost 9 inches!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :carrot:

Wasn't that just the best feeling? I've lost 10 or 20 lbs before on diets, but hitting the 30lb mark (and then the 40lb mark) was a big deal for me. I remember I did a little dance when I hit the 30lb mark, and then I remember feeling ridiculous about jumping all around and dancing when I recently hit my 40lb mark. :D

struggling Nicole 01-06-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Way to go, Congratulations!!!!

I found out the other day that I can ask them to do measurements more often than just every month. I think when I start getting down on how slow things are going I will ask them to do the measurements to hopefully life my spirits.

Awesome Job!!!

hteep123 01-06-2011 06:12 PM

Yay! They surprised me and took my measurements today too. I am down 1.5 lbs for a total of 12 lbs and 22 inches! I got my ribbon and I have it taped to the fridge. They pulled out the tambourine and we all did a little dance.

They did kinda get onto me about eating pork for lunch. I had a leftover pork chop for lunch yesterday and they "nicely reminded me" that wasn't allowed. I was completely ok with the reminder. That's what I pay them for! Woohoo to moving on down!

hteep123 01-06-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherlady79 (Post 3636797)
It doesn't help that I just started my period yesterday--like razorbackbritt said, I think anything around me sounds good enough when I'm on my period.

Ugh...periods are such a yucky few days. All I want to do is eat, lay on a heating pad, and sleep. Not really "new lifestyle friendly".

murphydoodle2 01-06-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Great job! I know it feels good to continue to reach your goals!

murphydoodle2 01-06-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherlady79 (Post 3636797)
I agree. Sometimes I just crave putting something in my mouth, lol. Last night, for example, I was craving a snack, so I started eating saltines. After about 3 crackers, I thought "This is crazy. No way was I sitting around thinking 'I really want saltine crackers right now!'" It made me stop and re-evaluate WHY I was eating them. Was I genuinely craving that specific item, or did I just feel like eating? I think it makes it easier to say "no" to a craving when you can determine whether it's because you really really really want that item, or you just really want to eat something--anything--for the sake of eating. It makes you realize that you're addressing/correcting a behavioral issue (eating just to eat) rather than just denying yourself something you really want (because chances are, you don't really really really want it).

My cravings are specifically for sugar. When I get stressed, I want to dive into something sweet and binge. The cure-all in the past was a package of ready-to-bake cookie dough. :o I think it's my drug of choice.

The good news is that with MRC, my sugar cravings seem to go down substantially. I was really proud that it was only BLTs on New Year's Eve, but usually with the first hit of sugar it's all over. Wow! I didn't mean to turn this into a therapy session!

I guess I should be thankful that TOM doesn't seem to make my cravings much worse. :)

hteep123 01-06-2011 07:20 PM

Oh I completely forgot the best part of all...Tanita said I dropped 10% body fat from my initial readings! YAY!!!

hatethesweatpants 01-07-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

OH EMM GEE! Good job! And way to go on your celebration! I still can't believe I used to be the old cliche of eating cake to celebrate my weight loss. :o

hteep123 01-07-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

This is SO exciting! I completely missed it last night playing with the baby and reading posts at the same time LOL! I am so happy for you!

:carrot:

We need a Zumba icon!

teacherlady79 01-07-2011 12:16 PM

I went to dinner with the in-laws last night to celebrate one of their birthdays. While I mostly stuck to plan, I did overeat somewhat. However, I also learned something interesting.

I used to enjoy that "overfull" feeling. You know, when you eat so much that you are almost uncomfortable, and all you really want to do is sit or lay down? I loved that--it made me feel...satisfied, or something.

Last night, I overate (a little more than my allotment of sirloin, and some extra bread, *sigh*) and got that "overfull" feeling--but I didn't like it. I didn't feel good. Instead, I felt tired and a little sick. We got home and I did some light stretching (the yoga positions recommended for detoxifying and getting your GI moving), and it wasn't until I had a major BM that I finally felt better.

Lesson learned, my friends. AND, I'm glad my body is starting to react to food the way it was meant to, rather than the way I trained it to through years of binge eating.

hteep123 01-07-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherlady79 (Post 3639151)
I went to dinner with the in-laws last night to celebrate one of their birthdays. While I mostly stuck to plan, I did overeat somewhat. However, I also learned something interesting.

I used to enjoy that "overfull" feeling. You know, when you eat so much that you are almost uncomfortable, and all you really want to do is sit or lay down? I loved that--it made me feel...satisfied, or something.

Last night, I overate (a little more than my allotment of sirloin, and some extra bread, *sigh*) and got that "overfull" feeling--but I didn't like it. I didn't feel good. Instead, I felt tired and a little sick. We got home and I did some light stretching (the yoga positions recommended for detoxifying and getting your GI moving), and it wasn't until I had a major BM that I finally felt better.

Lesson learned, my friends. AND, I'm glad my body is starting to react to food the way it was meant to, rather than the way I trained it to through years of binge eating.

Congratulations on another non-scale victory!!!

Razorbackbritt 01-07-2011 03:35 PM

Thanks for celebrating with me. Its nice to have others who value my (as small as they are) milestones.

So thankful for this board! Not so thankful that I forgot to pack my veggies for lunch today, and I am STARVING after lunch. My protein and fruit didn't go so far. And I had 2 HNS with lunch to try and make up for it. But no fiber=hungry belly.

Trying hard to stay out of the office snack stash.

struggling Nicole 01-07-2011 06:56 PM

I just discovered spaghetti squash and LOVE it. I wish I would have tried it earlier. I browned some buffalo (I was craving red meat and thought it would satisfy, it was awesome too) added a little tomato basil supplement and some diced tomatoes then put it on top of cooked spaghetti squash with a side of garlic bread. Holy moly I am going to have it again tonight.
Starting to get the hang of cooking a little more and am getting excited about what I can have rather than what I can't. So excited!

Glammy 01-08-2011 09:12 AM

So another mini goal for me completed...Friday I got to sign the 20lb board!!!! BUT EVEN BIGGER, I can finally say I am back in the 100's!!!! Hey, even if it is just 199, I haven't been able to say I'm in the 100's for almost 6 years so I am beyond excited.

That makes 22lbs lost since Nov, 27th!!! However, after such a huge accomplishment and a great Friday, when I got home that night and laid in bed I just felt super bummed. I have see countless friends/coworkers this week whom I haven't seen in MONTHS and nobody has complimented or even noticed any weight loss.

When people ask me how my diet is going and I tell them "Oh i've lost 22lbs" I feel like they look at me like I am lying, like "theres no way she's lost 22 lbs, especially since Nov let alone at all". I feel like they look at me and see no difference. It sucks, because usually after telling someone that they would follow up with a "You can tell" or "I notice a difference" but literally, and I am not exaggerating one bit, not a single person has said anything. I dont come out and just tell people, i only talk about it if someone asks.

Anyways, so long story short i've lost 22lbs nobody notices and more importantly my clothes still fit the same and I dont physically see any difference. REALLY sucks! :(

hatethesweatpants 01-08-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glammy (Post 3640642)
So another mini goal for me completed...Friday I got to sign the 20lb board!!!! BUT EVEN BIGGER, I can finally say I am back in the 100's!!!! Hey, even if it is just 199, I haven't been able to say I'm in the 100's for almost 6 years so I am beyond excited.

That makes 22lbs lost since Nov, 27th!!! However, after such a huge accomplishment and a great Friday, when I got home that night and laid in bed I just felt super bummed. I have see countless friends/coworkers this week whom I haven't seen in MONTHS and nobody has complimented or even noticed any weight loss.

When people ask me how my diet is going and I tell them "Oh i've lost 22lbs" I feel like they look at me like I am lying, like "theres no way she's lost 22 lbs, especially since Nov let alone at all". I feel like they look at me and see no difference. It sucks, because usually after telling someone that they would follow up with a "You can tell" or "I notice a difference" but literally, and I am not exaggerating one bit, not a single person has said anything. I dont come out and just tell people, i only talk about it if someone asks.

Anyways, so long story short i've lost 22lbs nobody notices and more importantly my clothes still fit the same and I dont physically see any difference. REALLY sucks! :(

No one noticed with me until after 20lbs as well, then it was just a few people who dared say anything. I hit the 100's at about 20lbs lost as well. After 20lbs, I really started seeing a difference. Hang in there and know that no matter what anyone else thinks, you are taking control of your HEALTH, first and foremost! Your heart, your lungs, your veins, your brain - all working better because you are 20lbs lighter. So, don't be discouraged, be thrilled for yourself!

thinknthin 01-08-2011 09:38 AM

Glammy, that happened to me also. I started MRC in January and it wasn't until August that people noticed. I teach, so everyone saw me from January till May. No comments but when I came back to school in August--wow!! Everyone was commenting on all the weight that I had lost. I think that I had lost 40 lbs from January till May and another 10 during the summer. I, too, felt discouraged that noboby noticed those first 20 and yes, I wore the same clothes but they felt a little better.

You are going in the right direction and you probably feel better. I felt so much better just walking down the hall without the extra weight. And, you're body is thanking you for it!

Stay with the program! And, congratulations for losing the first 22 pounds!:

hteep123 01-08-2011 10:48 AM

Glammy I have lost 12 but I've lost 22 inches overall. No one has said anything here either but one day they will. The only thing people say to me is "You are so disciplined." when I am eating something on MRC, and they are eating cake or teriyaki chicken from my favorite restaurant. Most times I don't see it as a compliment given the circumstances when it is said.

I know it will be nice when I do start hearing the compliments, but for right now I try to remind myself that I am doing this for me and not for them.

Razorbackbritt 01-08-2011 11:14 AM

I agree that no one noticed until I was 20-25 pounds down. And I think it had to do with the fact that right around then, I went down a pants size....so my clothes fit my "new" body properly. I think when you wear the same big clothes you wore before, its hard to see where your body is underneath.

Now that I'm at 30 pounds, everyone is saying something. Even people at work I hardly talk to...they come in my office and say "hey, you look like you have lost weight." Its crazy. Like overnight, people starting noticing.

Don't get down on yourself. Go buy a cute new outfit that fits this smaller body...and I'm sure people will notice how great you are looking.

teacherlady79 01-08-2011 11:46 AM

Yeah, I was bummed right around 20-25lbs, too. I even went in and made my center do measurements on me (they hadn't done them in a couple weeks) and give me a ribbon so I had something tangible to motivate me.

Between 25 and 30 lbs, I went down a full pants size, and I altered my work slacks (I sew, and couldn't bear the idea of buying new clothes for a transition phase). Once I had clothes that fit, everyone started noticing. It was great--and motivating.

Just keep plugging along, and when you get really down, either buy yourself an item of clothing that fits you well or--if you're like most of us--pull out and start wearing some of your old clothes that had stopped fitting you as you gained weight, but you still hung on to in the hopes of getting back into them. ;)

Ready2Live 01-08-2011 12:35 PM

Hello everyone, I am starting week one on the plan today. I lost 7 lbs in my week of detox which is AWESOME. :carrot: Just wanted to say hello and that I look forward to reading everyones post.

katlinette 01-08-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ready2Live (Post 3640921)
Hello everyone, I am starting week one on the plan today. I lost 7 lbs in my week of detox which is AWESOME. :carrot: Just wanted to say hello and that I look forward to reading everyones post.

Awesome! I'm one day behind you.. I start week one tomorrow!

Ready2Live 01-08-2011 01:37 PM

That is great. I added you to my buddy list, we should check in regularly. We are close on what our goals seem to be. I already feel better that I have made the decision and the effort to make it happen. One step at a time.

patzi 01-08-2011 07:39 PM

Nice to meet you ready 2 live & Katlinette. Good luck to both of you . This is a wonderful program.

Patzi