3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   January Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/220876-january-thread.html)

krishug 01-08-2011 09:22 PM

Welcome! You will find great support here!

jade1393 01-09-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katlinette (Post 3640950)
Awesome! I'm one day behind you.. I start week one tomorrow!

Congrats! I just started not too long ago as well. I am on Menus Made Easy. It is a bit different. Good luck on your journey!

I wish I was losing the weight faster. I wonder why they put my on the Menus Made Easy program and not the other one with the colored menus. I am ready to lose this! I guess it is a process though. Took years to put this on. Might as well take a few months to try and get it all off. I don't feel any different yet. Might need to ask them to do my inches measurements the next time I'm in to see what it says. Cortitrim doesn't seem to be doing anything for me I don't think. Thought about trying the MRC-6. What do you all think?

hatethesweatpants 01-09-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade1393 (Post 3642140)
Congrats! I just started not too long ago as well. I am on Menus Made Easy. It is a bit different. Good luck on your journey!

I wish I was losing the weight faster. I wonder why they put my on the Menus Made Easy program and not the other one with the colored menus. I am ready to lose this! I guess it is a process though. Took years to put this on. Might as well take a few months to try and get it all off. I don't feel any different yet. Might need to ask them to do my inches measurements the next time I'm in to see what it says. Cortitrim doesn't seem to be doing anything for me I don't think. Thought about trying the MRC-6. What do you all think?

MRC-6 is basically high dose vitamin B6. I switched to plain B6 a couple of months in. The supplements REALLY don't have anything to do with the losses - it's the 1000 cals/day and carb combos/times you eat. Are you sticking super-closely to the eating plan? I took Cortitrim throughout, but I know it was the eating plan that gave the results. So many people have lost without any supplements at all.

teacherlady79 01-09-2011 11:04 AM

I'm not doing any supplements, other than a store-bought multi-vitamin, flax oil, and the high nutrient supplements they want us to use throughout the day.

I really agree with Debi that it's the meal plan--low calorie and timed carbs--that causes the weight loss. When I first started, I thought I had the plan figured out pretty well, but when they went over my food diary with me, I discovered that I was making lots of little mistakes--eating heavier proteins at lunch sometimes instead of just at dinner, eating cooked tomatoes, etc. Little things can make a big difference. Also, I really struggled with drinking all of my water when I first started. Make sure you're getting all--if not more--of the required water intake.

lmickley 01-09-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade1393 (Post 3642140)

If you don't mind me asking, what is Menus made Easy? Is this a MRC plan?

Journeygirl23 01-09-2011 04:34 PM

Hello to all~ :)

Hello everyone!

Today is my first day on the MetaSlim Plan. :) I wanted to introduce myself and ask a quick question. I'm wondering what kind of exercise is recommended. Is walking or jogging ok? Any feedback is welcomed.
Thanx :)

cmmnsnsfml 01-09-2011 06:24 PM

Rough Day

Good day Ladies,

I weighed in Thursday I'm done another 2.5lbs. YEAH!!

We had Christmas this weekend with my parents, and my siblings. It is hard to have it on Christmas because my sis-in-law is a nurse and my brother-in-law is a lineman for a power district between the two of them one is either working Christmas day or the other happens to be on call that week for any electric problems that might come up, so we always have it a different weekend.

I did pretty well staying OP.

Today I took my son back to school. He is a freshman in college so it has been a bit rough. Missing him already it was nice to have him home for 3 weeks. I joked w/ a friend when is spring break. :D

I pray you have a blessed day and evening.

jade1393 01-10-2011 06:56 AM

Well I am not sticking to it exactly. Maybe that is the problem. I struggle getting my fruit and almonds in for a snack. Sometimes I will have dairy for lunch instead of dinner. I will try to stick exactly to it. I am supposed to drink an HNS for breakfast and snack. I can have a creamy HNS sometime in the day too. I will try to make sure I write everything down and stick 100% to it. Didn't realize all of that.

Menus made is is a MRC program. They send info to a dietician and they configure your menus for you and give you a menu of food you can choose from for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner. I don't have colored menus or anything. It stays the same. We will see what happens at the next WI by sticking to this 100%. I am proud that I am measuring my food though.

lmickley 01-10-2011 09:29 AM

Good morning, everyone. Happy Monday. I have decided to join MRC again and not try to go on my own. I can reenroll for $99 for 10 weeks. I feel that it is worth it for the support and I don't think that I will save that much money using diet direct to justify not joining MRC. I will keep going on my own until I can get to the center to join.

machaela 01-10-2011 11:39 AM

Happy Monday everyone! First weigh in after the tragic Holiday season went well. 4 pounds down in 3 days! Weekends are the hardest for me, because I don't work and it's easy to just sit on the couch and snack and REALLY hard for me to get my water in, but this weekend I pushed through and met all of my food goals and kept with it! I'll weigh in again tomorrow over lunch and am feeling positive. Even if I don't lose a large amount (which I can't expect after a 4lb loss) I know that I am sticking to the plan and can continue on to this.
Positive thoughts to everyone today!!

hteep123 01-10-2011 01:05 PM

I'm glad everyone is doing so well.

I'm a little bummed. I hit my first gain. I'm up .5 lbs. It's not much and I know its probably water or something ridiculous but it still messes with my emotions. I had to fight the urge just to give up and go on a fast food binge. I guess I am just venting and will get over this soon. Why do these changes have to be so darn hard?

Razorbackbritt 01-10-2011 01:24 PM

Had a bad day or so. It has been snowing, and I'm stuck at home. Home days are already bad for me...and its worse that I'm cold and lethargic feeling. And my husband didn't come home- instead he stayed at his moms so he could easily get to work. So I'm home alone, bored and cold....I had a bad food day yesterday. Ate ice cream and pasta for dinner.

Trying to be good today. But I think I'll be home all day today and tomorrow. Trying to get my mind off the food in the pantry and occupy myself.

teacherlady79 01-10-2011 01:41 PM

I'm struggling a little bit today, too. I'm glad I got a snow day (I'm a teacher) to relax, but for some reason it's making me lethargic. I got up early with hubby (he wanted me to drop him off at jury duty), but then I came back and dozed off on the couch. Lost the whole morning. I did go out and shovel a little--just the walkway, steps, and back patio--but I'm really struggling to get my water all in today.

So weird, since I did really good all weekend.

Maybe I'm just feeling a little cabin fever-ish, since I spent most of the weekend getting caught up on stuff in the house, and now I can't really leave.

Razorbackbritt-- sometimes throwing stuff away, as wasteful as it seems, is better than having it around to eat when you're really tempted. Remember my "truffle smash"--it was empowering, even when it was irritating to me to throw away perfectly good (and not terribly cheap) food.

Hopefully we'll all snap out of it by the end of the day, and be able to start fresh tomorrow.

struggling Nicole 01-10-2011 02:02 PM

LOVE snow days. School was cancelled and I made the hubby stay home from work. We all packed on the clothes and went sledding this morning. It was a great workout trying to carry my 3 year old up the hill in the snow. I made sure to take a drink of water every time I got back up the hill. It helped me drink a lot of water and made sure I was staying hydrated.
This afternoon we are making a fire in the fireplace (it is in the basement so we don't use it very often) and snuggling and playing games. Did I mention I LOVE snow days?!!!!

Hope those of you stuck in your homes find something motivating and distracting.

lmickley 01-10-2011 05:14 PM

I'm sitting at works STARVING. I can't wait for dinner. This is the part of the plan I do not like....no options for a healthy snack if you need it between meals. But, I hope that joining MRC soon will help with that in that I can make some HNS gelatin (I tried with homemade HSN last night and it did not work out well :(). Oh well, I know it will be worth it in the end. I am just gonna do my best and push through until I get to where I need to be.

hatethesweatpants 01-10-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmickley (Post 3645515)
I'm sitting at works STARVING. I can't wait for dinner. This is the part of the plan I do not like....no options for a healthy snack if you need it between meals. But, I hope that joining MRC soon will help with that in that I can make some HNS gelatin (I tried with homemade HSN last night and it did not work out well :(). Oh well, I know it will be worth it in the end. I am just gonna do my best and push through until I get to where I need to be.

The hunger moderates, but you really have to hold on by the skin of your teeth for a few weeks! I was not a happy camper! lol! I read this quote that said, "Mommy's on a diet and we're all gonna die!" Not too far from the truth...:o

Hang in there, it WILL get better, I promise!

Glammy 01-10-2011 07:56 PM

Sooo super bummed! Finally made it into the 100's (was at 199 on Friday) and weighed in today back at 200lbs. WHAT A FREAKING BUMMER!

I had a kidney stone I think I passed this weekend so I had no choice but to drink some cranberry juice all weekend and it finally passed but at the sabatoge of my weight. Gained a lb.
I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

murphydoodle2 01-11-2011 06:18 AM

I feel for all of you that are snowed in! I find it much harder to stay OP on the days I'm home than the days at work. I always thought it would be the opposite. At work, though, I'm busy and I've packed my lunch so the food options are reduced.

Here's to all of you getting back to a normal routine and out of the snow soon!

hatethesweatpants 01-11-2011 07:59 AM

Hang in there, everyone! It's so easy to get motivated right at New Year - staying on plan seems easy! But, a couple of weeks go by, and it just the same old boring routine day after day...but remember, that same old boring routine is what gets you to goal. I've read a lot of articles on what celebrities eat (tabloids are my new vice, lol!) - many of them say, "egg whites. fish. chicken breast. steamed veggies. all the time."

I'm sending out a challenge to everyone to try something new this week, preferably that gets you moving! Remember, winter can cause depression from lack of sunlight so make sure and get your vitamin D and sit near a window a few times/day. I just started hip hop and I absolutely love it - it has me moving in these negative Colorado temperatures.

Love to you all! Have a great, OP week!

theycallmemom 01-11-2011 08:38 AM

:( my willpower had got up and moved on !!! I am struggleing so bad right now to stay on plan! Its nuts! Why Oh why am I having such a hard time....I know the diet works, I know I feel better when I stick to it, I know the cravings go away....and most importantly I Know I am bigger and stronger then the dang cookie!!!! SIGH :rolleyes:

hteep123 01-11-2011 10:18 AM

I am back on track today. I am at work and I packed my food. I made myself some breakfast and got the baby to daycare. It's freezing but I am on plan. The food pushers are here but I am doing this and I am going to get through this plateau.

I am wearing a pair of jeans and a sweater that I couldn't get into a month ago as inspiration all day. No one has said anything positive, but I know I look better.

One person said "Oh is that the diet where you starve all day?" I let them know that I was not starving by any means.

teacherlady79 01-11-2011 01:56 PM

Well, slugging down the water on Sunday--even though I really didn't want it and struggled to drink it--paid off! I weighed in today, and I'm down 4lbs! :D Totally unexpected--I figured I'd lost 2 or 3 lbs, max. The water probably helped, but it probably had more to do with 1)ended my TOM on Sunday and 2)I quit snacking in the evenings on Friday.

Only 18.5 lbs from goal!!

Funny, though, I'm more excited about being stronger and feeling more fit by the time I hit goal (in March), as that's the same time I'll be taking a kayaking class at the university (to get ready for kayaking on our honeymoon in Alaska in June!).

Keep trucking, ladies--we can do it. I'm proof!

Razorbackbritt 01-11-2011 02:44 PM

Having a better day today. I think my main issue is that when I get off program majorly, I quit drinking my HNS (I feel like I'm wasting them if I'm n eati right) and I know that not drinking them doesn't help me. So I'm fully back OP, drinking my 4 today, and I worked out today. I am LOVING my Zumba Wii game....take a class in my living room! I'm doing some housework, then I might do some more Zumba!

I will be out of town for a couple days (going with the hubby on a business trip) but I can stay OP while we are traveling since its not a fun trip...but business.

For hatesthesweatpants try something new challenge- I tried my Zumba game on Expert today....and finished it fine! Woohoo!

struggling Nicole 01-11-2011 03:29 PM

If I hear the word PLATEAU one more freaking time I am going to scream. I worked out everyday this week, maxed out my HNS, didn't go off plan once, and still only lost .5lb! I get plateaus are a good thing. I'm drinking 120 oz. of water a day. I just don't get what else I can do. I hate the answer that I must be going through another plateau. PROVE IT! It is just some unscientific B.S. that means I must have done something wrong this week.
Yep, mad that I only lost 1/2 lb in 5 days. All my hard work is paying off and I do see a difference in myself. Just wish the scale would see that same difference.

Razorbackbritt 01-11-2011 03:32 PM

I know its hard, but keep pushing through. And just because you aren't losing weight doesn't mean you aren't losing inches and getting smaller. Last month, I only lost 3 pounds....but lost 9 inches (what I've been losing in inches every month!). Your body is working....just keep working the program!

Did you talk to the center about your excersize? Maybe you are getting too much?

Junie04 01-11-2011 03:56 PM

Well I am striving to lose 3 pounds this week. I want to make it to a 70 pound loss! I'm walking on the treadmill daily and staying OP. I've been doing well so far, I just hope the weight loss on my scale at home holds true to the center's scale!

machaela 01-11-2011 04:35 PM

Weighed in today at I'm another 1lb down. Friday is my birthday and I'm feeling a little uncertain about it. I know that I want to "celebrate" but I don't want to sabotage a GREAT week (5lbs down in 7 days). Any suggestions?

What did YOU do for your birthday?

Razorbackbritt 01-11-2011 05:57 PM

I didn't have my birthday OP yet, but when I want to celebrate (like my first 20 pounds was a big victory) I did something non-food related. Get a pedicure, massage, go have your makeup down at the makeup counter, dress up fancy and go out dancing or to a show (THIS was super fun with my friends....we went to a cheap theater performance all dressed up!)....don't focus the day on food and you'll be fine.

If you want dessert, go somewhere where you can get something small...like Applebee with those little dessert shooters...and just have a few bites.

Ready2Live 01-11-2011 07:10 PM

I am day 4 on the plan with the HNS and everything. Down another 2.5 lbs. It is very encouraging to see the discipline result in a pay off. Now I need to drag out a workout DVD to start the excercise portion of this journey. We are making the Chicken Gumbo recipe for din din. Hope it is good!

Junie04 01-11-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machaela (Post 3647639)
Weighed in today at I'm another 1lb down. Friday is my birthday and I'm feeling a little uncertain about it. I know that I want to "celebrate" but I don't want to sabotage a GREAT week (5lbs down in 7 days). Any suggestions?

I had been OP for less than a month when my birthday came. I was really dedicated to the program and stayed 100% OP. You can do this. You will have another birthday next year!

jade1393 01-11-2011 07:50 PM

Okay so I am on the menus made easy program. My center won't switch me to the one most of you guys are on. There is a reason for some reason or another why I am on this one. I was curious on what each menu contains to see how different it is than mine. Does anyone have the menus so I can compare the difference on what I am doing now and what you all are doing. If someone could send information to me that would be great!

horsemaster09 @ hotmail.com

teacherlady79 01-11-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade1393 (Post 3647962)
Okay so I am on the menus made easy program. My center won't switch me to the one most of you guys are on. There is a reason for some reason or another why I am on this one. I was curious on what each menu contains to see how different it is than mine. Does anyone have the menus so I can compare the difference on what I am doing now and what you all are doing. If someone could send information to me that would be great!

horsemaster09 @ hotmail.com

That's weird that they won't even show you the Metaslim menu, or explain why they don't want to switch you.

One of the metaslim menus is posted in the December thread. Just look for a little paperclip. I think it's the beige or white menu (for over 200 or 250lbs, respectively). From what I understand, menus made easy is a little less restrictive than the metaslim menus, but I could be wrong.

teacherlady79 01-11-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machaela (Post 3647639)

We went out somewhere so I didn't have to cook a meal, but I made sure it was a place where I could eat OP for my meal (I had some sirloin, roasted veggies, and brought my own bread). I had my MIL make me an amazing chocolate choco-chip kahlua cake with Godiva white chocolate liquer poured over it, but I only had a tiny sliver, and then made her give away/get rid of the cake.

It was really, really hard not to ask for more cake, or to continue to splurge. I would suggest the same as razorbackbritt, and stick with just a tiny dessert (like the Applebee's shooters), or just a bite of someone else's dessert--or nothing at all. It's really hard to go back to being mostly craving-free after eating something like that.

Razorbackbritt 01-11-2011 08:50 PM

They need to explain to you why you are on the menus made easy plan. Do you have any health issues or lifestyle issues that owuld have made them put youon that one?

Basically- I'm on the green menu...and its
-Breakfast: 4 oz. protein and one serving starch
-Lunch: 4 oz protein, 4 oz cooked or 8 oz raw veggies, 1 serving fruit
fish-Dinner- 4 oz protein, veggies, one serving starch

and 2-4 HNS, one cane creamy a day.

Proteins rum the gamut....eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, turkey, bison at breakfast.....chicken, turkey, bison, fish, eggs, cheese for lunch....fish, turkey, bison, chicken, occasionally beef, pork, lamb, shrimp for dinner.

pbolton1 01-11-2011 10:44 PM

I accidentally let my dinner veggies fall out of the oven tonight. The floor got my veggies instead of me :-( I was headed to dance class and didn't have time to cook more.

patzi 01-11-2011 11:47 PM

Hi..
I weighed in today and stayed the same.. Had a bad week so far. Had very bad cravings, for peanuts or peanut butter.Figured maybe I was not getting enough fat, and added a bit more olive oil while cooking.. One craving, I did take a HNS, that did not stop it, then took a bar right after that, and that stopped the craving in it's track.. Center told me one HNS with 1/2 bar, but that did not do it, took the other half and success.. Usually a piece of chicken does it, but not this time..

I am now 7 pounds to goal.

Wishing everyone a great Wednesday

Patzi

theycallmemom 01-12-2011 09:10 AM

This Will Be An On Plan Day, This Will Be On On Plan Day, This Will Be An On Plan Day.....repeat Re[eat Repeat

teacherlady79 01-12-2011 09:19 AM

@Pbolton-- that sucks! I've done that before. On one hand, I thought "yay, I don't have to eat my veggies" (I'm don't particularly care for them), but on the other hand, I thought "Darnit, I'm going to be hungry later on." :(

@Patzi-- Last week was rough for me, too, with my cravings. Sometimes my TOM doesn't bother me much, but last week it caused some wicked cravings that I had to fight. Congrats on being so close to goal, though! I'm excited for you!

I tried quinoa for the first time last night--it was really good! Nice and light, kind of like couscous, but with more flavor. We had it with salmon and broccoli. I did some reading on quinoa, too, and found that it's related to beets and chard and it's seeds (the part we eat) has a grain-like quality. It's high in amino acids & essential nutrients, and contains some protein. I'm surprised MRC doesn't push it more, rather than just having it be an add-on (they wrote it in on my menu, underneath the starches).

Here's what I did with it:
1 1/2 c. white quinoa, rinsed
2 3/4 c. unsalted chicken stock (I'm sure you could use water and add MRC chicken bouillon instead)
1/4 c. (give or take--didn't really measure) lemon juice
1/2 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried parsley
cracked pepper & sea salt to taste.

Put stock, quinoa, lemon juice, and herbs in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer 12-15 mins, stirring occasionally.
Add salt & pepper to taste, fluffing quinoa before serving.

Yum!

hteep123 01-12-2011 09:23 AM

You know I really wondered about quinoa and whether we could have it. I haven't experimented with it but I will probably get into it the further into my journey I go. Thanks for the heads up!

teacherlady79 01-12-2011 09:31 AM

Yeah, my center wrote quinoa and edamame onto my meal plan sheet (as starches) when I first started--they said they were only recently approved for the program.

Makes sense, though--they're both so good for you!

I love rice and couscous, and I've been worried about how to not overeat those starches when I go on maintenance, but then I tried quinoa--I think it could replace rice in just about any dish, except maybe Chinese food.

Funny--I've never experimented with so many new food items until I started MRC. I never had any reason to step out of my comfort zone before.