Old 01-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #31  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadqueen View Post
I'm not as close to stabilization as you guys, but I would like to tag along. I reduced my goal by five pounds...so I'm 13 pounds from stabilization. I have just started exercising...hoping to speed up the process here at the end. My WI will be this Saturday and maybe I will be even closer.
I do have a question...Are you still expected to use the HNS and the EFA's on stabilization? I'm trying to figure out what to buy so I have enough to last, but don't want to pay for extra stuff that I won't need.
Congratulations RoadQueen! I would suggest planning on continuing the EFA's on into Maintenance, maybe not 9 or 6 a day but at least 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. As far HNSs, you do decrease the max # over the weeks of Stabilization until you are down to 1 a day but even during Maintenance, they are very handy when you have a meal without enough protein or are not able to eat within a reasonable time, just like when you were on the diet. Plan on continuing to drink water - half your weight in water in ounces will keep you hydrated. Walking is great way to exercise on days when you don't have time to exercise - park away from the grocery store and walk a little - adds up. Good luck on this wonderful journey!
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I'm not as close to stabilization as you guys, but I would like to tag along. I reduced my goal by five pounds...so I'm 13 pounds from stabilization. I have just started exercising...hoping to speed up the process here at the end. My WI will be this Saturday and maybe I will be even closer.
I do have a question...Are you still expected to use the HNS and the EFA's on stabilization? I'm trying to figure out what to buy so I have enough to last, but don't want to pay for extra stuff that I won't need.
The more the merrier! When I went today for my stablization appt they said they will be be decreasing the number of HNS when I get to within 4 lbs of my goal. I had to sign an exercise waiver, funny! They said I can increase my exercise but they don't want to be held responsible if something should happen to me when I start exercising.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
Congratulations RoadQueen! I would suggest planning on continuing the EFA's on into Maintenance, maybe not 9 or 6 a day but at least 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. As far HNSs, you do decrease the max # over the weeks of Stabilization until you are down to 1 a day but even during Maintenance, they are very handy when you have a meal without enough protein or are not able to eat within a reasonable time, just like when you were on the diet. Plan on continuing to drink water - half your weight in water in ounces will keep you hydrated. Walking is great way to exercise on days when you don't have time to exercise - park away from the grocery store and walk a little - adds up. Good luck on this wonderful journey!
Thanks for the "half your weight in water to keep you hydrated"...that will be easy to remember going forward. Have never heard it worded that way.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 196/168/165

Height: 5'7" 1/2

Excuse my ignorance but what is EFA's?
sexyrene
sexyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyrene View Post
Excuse my ignorance but what is EFA's?
sexyrene
Essential Fatty... somthing. Acids?
It's your Fish or Flax oil.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Thanks everyone,
I'm excited to be close to my goal, but I guess I was hoping to be able to get back to some sort of normal eating. I have to say the diet is great, but I don't know If I can keep this up forever. (Probably why I'm fat it the first place) I'm
staying completely OP during this weight reduction phase and have bee totally committed. I guess I need to think about all of this and maybe talk to the center for help with my resolve to keep the weight off. I feel like I'm never able to eat a meal with my husband. The timing always seem to be off. I've been cooking for him....anything he wants and I was looking forward to being able to eat the same things with him in the future. Of course watching the portion sizes and keeping it as healthy as possible. Will I ever get there?
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #37  

Quote:
Thanks everyone,
I'm excited to be close to my goal, but I guess I was hoping to be able to get back to some sort of normal eating. I have to say the diet is great, but I don't know If I can keep this up forever. (Probably why I'm fat it the first place) I'm
staying completely OP during this weight reduction phase and have bee totally committed. I guess I need to think about all of this and maybe talk to the center for help with my resolve to keep the weight off. I feel like I'm never able to eat a meal with my husband. The timing always seem to be off. I've been cooking for him....anything he wants and I was looking forward to being able to eat the same things with him in the future. Of course watching the portion sizes and keeping it as healthy as possible. Will I ever get there?
You will. I'm having a bit of anxiety myself. I haven't been cooking much for my family...have been focusing on my stuff. I want to go back to us all eating together too.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #38  

Default Update

Good Morning,
I went to WI this AM and I am down 2#. Woo Hoo. Only another 11 to go until I'm at my goal. I've lost 43# since the end of September. It really does feel better than anything could taste.
I should start stabilization the first week of Feb. That's my plan. I've got three weeks to get off 11#, or I should at least be close enough to goal that they will let me start stabilization.
I hope you all have a good week. Stay warm....It looks like the whole country is cold.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #39  

Quote:
Good Morning,
I went to WI this AM and I am down 2#. Woo Hoo. Only another 11 to go until I'm at my goal. I've lost 43# since the end of September. It really does feel better than anything could taste.
I should start stabilization the first week of Feb. That's my plan. I've got three weeks to get off 11#, or I should at least be close enough to goal that they will let me start stabilization.
I hope you all have a good week. Stay warm....It looks like the whole country is cold.
Cheers for you! You've lost a LOT of weight in a short amount of time...we started about the same time looks like. My WI went well too--down 2.5#.....let's keep going!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Alright ladies. After weigh in I'm up 3.5 lbs. from my holiday foodfest so I've adjusted my ticker to reflect this gain. 10 lbs. to stabilization. Let's do this!

Last edited by Goose; 01-09-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Quote:
Good Morning,
Congrats! You are rocking this program! It took me from July-Dec. to lose 43 pounds. Keep up the awesome work!!!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #42  

Thank you Porchmom and Goose,
We are all so close. We can do this.
Goose, tomorrow is another day. Glad you're back OP.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:34 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Alright ladies. After weigh in I'm up 3.5 lbs. from my holiday foodfest so I've adjusted my ticker to reflect this gain. 10 lbs. to stabilization. Let's do this!
Let's go. I also was up 3.5 pounds on 12/29 from my holiday foodfest..I had to go back and look at an old thread post to find it but I SO remember adjusting that ticker to reflect the gain and how that was yuckky. SO....here we go again....ticker is coming DOWN for you and for all of us! It's time to finish the job!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 236/234/150

Default Way to go!

You are all so amazing! What an inspiration you are to all of us! Congratulations on your outstandig weight loss! Hang in there! You are all so close!!!!

Angie
RedE4Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I too am back to my pre holiday weight. I was up 3 lbs and it is gone, so now I can move on to the next 7 lbs that I have to go.. I was told I still have too much body fat so they don't want to stabilize me until I can get that off. So I am walking more and doing some workouts with weights. I can hardly wait to get past this bump in the road.. Good luck to all of us,, we can do this!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote