Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #1  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Default MRC Take 29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought I would tell you about my 3 days on back on the green menu after being on maintenance for several months. The first two days weren't bad but yesterday I was starving. I guess it all paid off since on my home scale I seem to have lost 1.5 pounds. I will verify this later when I go weigh in.

I would start a new thread but do not know how. If any one is out there that does it seems to be about that time again. People don't post and aren't as active as before. I miss the fact that you could go online at pretty much any time of day and read new things. I'm as much to blame as anyone. So I will try to post more and if anyone is out there that knows how to start a new thread please do it.

Just for you,,,,here u go
Old 10-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #2  
One Meal At A Time

Went to WI and on a Good note I hit goal of 135. I lost 2 pound this week. Not sure how cuz I have been stress eating. I really want to think yall for thanking about Alex.

They asked me to talk to a class next Mo. and fun Ideas on what to do??

It is funny how one can make friends whit out ever meeting. Thanks again.... Good Luck to all on WI todays!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #3  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

(pulled from Take 28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
I've seen no change since my little bounce up last week. I'm just going to continue following the plan and see how it plays out. Bottom line, I feel really good. Maybe the week 4 carb additions are just too much for my body.
Gina, I did find that I couldn't have all the carbs for breakfast - it just sets me up for cravings all day long. I had to cut back on the milk & fruit - usually had my normal "green menu" breakfast & added a small (4-oz cup) of the Light & Fit yogurt. Sometimes I'd have half a grapefruit or something - but the full portions were just too much for me.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #4  
Em

Just got caught up after being kinda MIA for a few days. Gina's dad & JStuckly's Alex are in my prayers.
I'm still stuck - realized that this not being able to get my walks in is really messing with me physically AND mentally. I know I'm not getting the calorie burn my body's accustomed to for the past couple of years, so I know I need to stick on plan extra well - but then my head says that because I don't have the calorie burn, it's pointless. Talk about stinkin' thinkin'! So I'm trying to get those thoughts out of my head. I need to keep my food sheets - I haven't been consistent with that. Had a colonoscopy this week which involved demerol - realized after getting on the scale & freaking out that it was probably the demerol causing water retention (since ibuprofen does that to me, it makes sense that the demerol might as well).
Anyway, I'm getting an injection in my knee next Tuesday, just to get it better so I can start walking sooner. Not looking forward to it, but it's been 2 months & I'm OVER this knee pain & ready to get back to my 3-mile walks. Eating better this week. I won't make my Halloween challenge, but I'm getting my head back into the game. October has been my month for seeing drs for all kinds of things - and that stress hasn't much helped things either. November will be better!
Old 10-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #5  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Meemo: I was wondering where you were so good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear about your knee but hopefully the injection will help. I've been struggling with a busted tendon in my left ankle area for a year now and just last week got the all clear and will finally be able to start exercising again. Injuries can be so frustrating.

JSTUCKLY
; Congrats on your loss & please do keep us updated on your daughter. She has certainly been in my thoughts & prayers.

I went to WI this morning and am down 1.5 so am crawling rather than sprinting to my goal. My stabilization class is not until Nov 18 so I'll be able to hopefully be a few pounds under my goal by then. I would have liked to adjusted my goal weight with MRC to 155 but I don't want to rejoin for just a few pounds (my contract ended 10/21) so I am going to try to get to that weight with these extra weeks and the stabilization process.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:37 PM   #6  
One Meal At A Time

I went to WI this morning and am down 1.5 so am crawling rather than sprinting to my goal. My stabilization class is not until Nov 18 so I'll be able to hopefully be a few pounds under my goal by then. I would have liked to adjusted my goal weight with MRC to 155 but I don't want to rejoin for just a few pounds (my contract ended 10/21) so I am going to try to get to that weight with these extra weeks and the stabilization process.[/QUOTE]

My class is the 17th Nice to have someone start when I.... I feel it my a long and hard road? but maybe not. You will get that wieght off my the 18th.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #7  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Well, I've had a bit of a disappointing week. I've lost 1.5 lbs, which on other diets I've done would have made me happy, but I average 3.3 per week, so that's really low for me. It was slow last week as well. I'm thinking of doing the meta quick thing starting Monday. Has anyone had any good (or bad) results with it?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #8  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I briefly spoke last night at my center's motivation class. It was okay. Very small class with a total of eight people including the teacher. We did have some good group discussion.

I went to the center to WI this morning and was down 1.0 pounds since Monday morning.

My center now asks when you are there...when are you coming back? What is your goal between now and then? I wasn't prepared. It was a good mental jolt that I need to set small attainable goals regularly.

So, what would have you said?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #9  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtara84 View Post
Well, I've had a bit of a disappointing week. I've lost 1.5 lbs, which on other diets I've done would have made me happy, but I average 3.3 per week, so that's really low for me. It was slow last week as well. I'm thinking of doing the meta quick thing starting Monday. Has anyone had any good (or bad) results with it?
I did the Meta Quick thing and it did not work for me, Now i heard that it did great for other people. My center said that my body just did not go for it.

Beaning down 1.5 pound is good, as you lose more weight your body will not have the big losses it did not from the start. You my have to up you excess, and water. As long as your losing that is what matters... Good Job
Old 10-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #10  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!

First off I want to say JSTUCKLY, my prayers are definitely with you and your baby girl! I'm not sure of the details but I know as a mother myself that you are very worried. I pray for everything to come out okay.

I know I have posted in like forever. It's been a whirlwind at my house, but I'm still around. I have been juggling between 1 and 2 pounds like forever. But mainly I got disappointed because after I had reached my goal, I was told I still can't stabilize if my body fat or my bmi aren't in healthy range. I am like 3 points off on the bmi. My end date is next Wed the 29th. I am not planning to resign if it's not down by then. I really wanted to get to stabilization, but I truly can't afford to keep resigning.

I hope everyone is okay and losing nicely.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:56 PM   #11  
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

Default Hello All!

I have been lurking around, but have not posted in a little while.

JSTUCKLY...you and little Alex are in my prayers. MEEMO, sorry about your knee. I hope your shot will make it feel a little better and good for you for getting through the colonoscopy! No fun, but necessary and good peace of mind that everything is okay on that front. SHINEON, I do hope that things are okay with your dad. He is in my prayers as well as you and your family.

I weighed in today and am down 28.5 lbs total (4.4 for the week). This is the biggest loss I have had in a while so I was very happy. I hope to be in the 160's by the next weigh in on Monday. They TANITAed me today and everything looked good except that my lean muscle mass was down by 3 lbs. Has anyone else had this experience? I have been drinking the protein drinks as I should and even started taking Chromium Picolinate. Any advice? Maybe more excercise?
Old 10-23-2008, 03:47 PM   #12  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclewis5606 View Post

JSTUCKLY...you and little Alex are in my prayers. MEEMO, sorry about your knee. I hope your shot will make it feel a little better and good for you for getting through the colonoscopy! No fun, but necessary and good peace of mind that everything is okay on that front. SHINEON, I do hope that things are okay with your dad. He is in my prayers as well as you and your family.

I weighed in today and am down 28.5 lbs total (4.4 for the week). This is the biggest loss I have had in a while so I was very happy. I hope to be in the 160's by the next weigh in on Monday. They TANITAed me today and everything looked good except that my lean muscle mass was down by 3 lbs. Has anyone else had this experience? I have been drinking the protein drinks as I should and even started taking Chromium Picolinate. Any advice? Maybe more excercise?

4.4 pounds in a week wow that is great....
Old 10-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #13  
One Meal At A Time

Dr. called Alex's Ego is in the morning followed by the CT scan... Stress test and MIR next week. They don't want to do much in one day... Everyone have a great OP day
Old 10-23-2008, 03:59 PM   #14  
Em

Quote:
MEEMO, sorry about your knee. I hope your shot will make it feel a little better and good for you for getting through the colonoscopy! No fun, but necessary and good peace of mind that everything is okay on that front.
I have to say (for anyone who's at "that age" or anyone who has symptoms that should be checked out) - it was such a non-event! The prep is honestly the worst part, and even that wasn't bad - not painful or anything - just be prepared to spend a couple of hrs very close to the bathroom (and awhile on the potty - I had my book & my water & just read for awhile in the "library" )

The procedure itself - nothing. Nada. No pain except a little gas for an hr or so. Just nothing. I remember waking up after seeing my husband in the room & thinking "??? It's over already???" Next thing I remember is driving away. I don't remember getting dressed, walking out to the car.

So don't fear the colonoscopy - the thought of it is MUCH worse than the reality of it! (And ask for the Fleet Phosphosoda instead of the GoLightly - much less to drink for the prep!! My husband was quite jealous of that!)
Old 10-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #15  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:

I think that exercise and light weight lifting will help you to retain and perhaps even build muscle mass.
Closed Thread