Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:07 PM   #16  

Height: 5'10"

tkdtara84: Have you changed anything in the past week? I had a small loss for a week or two, changed nothing & bounced back to over a 3 lb loss/week. Your body might need to have things "shaken up" a bit & metaquick would do it, but I think you'll find by next week or so that you'll be back to big losses if you just stick with it. My center doesn't seem to promote metaquick so much.

ShineOn
: Sorry to hear about your dad. You're in my thoughts & prayers.

Meemo: Hope the knee gets better.

JSTUCKLY: I'm keeping your family in my prayers & sending healing thoughts your way.

dla: It sounds like your talk went okay. I've only been to one class (other than the initial food class), so I don't know what a normal class size is at our center. When my center asks when I'm coming in, I usually say, "It depends on my work schedule but I'll try to make it in by...". When asked what my goal for next week is I reply, "To make good choices & try my best to stay on plan".

All: I had a good WI today. I was down 5 lbs. Woo! Hoo! I'm 9 lbs away from my Thanksgiving goal. I also signed the 50 lb board today & am down a total of 50 inches. I still don't know if their measurements are 100% accurate, but man - 50 inches is 4 ft. Crazy nuts!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #17  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

JStuckly & Shineon: You both are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Meemo: Ouch! I hope the shot works and you are able to use your knee without pain again. Been there, done that with the colonoscopy. The hardest part is really the prep.

Congrats to all of you on the losses. I've lost 2 of the 2.5 I gained in Hawaii. I finished week 5 of stabilization (for the second time) and am two days into week 6. Next Tuesday, I get my final tanita and measurements, then move to maintenance, so had better be super good and OP over the
weekend. I had an NSV yesterday. Had to wear a suit and pantyhose to work for the first time this fall. Last March, I wore a Q size pantyhose. Now I'm in a size A. Pretty darn cool!

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 10-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #18  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtara84 View Post
Well, I've had a bit of a disappointing week. I've lost 1.5 lbs, which on other diets I've done would have made me happy, but I average 3.3 per week, so that's really low for me. It was slow last week as well. I'm thinking of doing the meta quick thing starting Monday. Has anyone had any good (or bad) results with it?
I've done metaquick before after having some slow weight loss weeks. I usually do it for 3 days 1 week then 3 days the following week and I have a meal bar for breakfast & a shake for lunch. You can not exceed 7 days in a month. It has worked well for me. 1.5 is still a great loss, it will vary from week to week.....keep up the good work!!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:49 PM   #19  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

I just wanted to share....I weighed in tonight and have lost 1.5lbs since Saturday. That gives me a grand total of 46lbs since July and I only have 5.5lbs left to get to goal. I will be starting the stablization class on Monday. I am very happy where I am at right now but I am sure I will lose the the last 5.5 lbs during stabilization!!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #20  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclewis5606 View Post
I weighed in today and am down 28.5 lbs total (4.4 for the week). This is the biggest loss I have had in a while so I was very happy. I hope to be in the 160's by the next weigh in on Monday. They TANITAed me today and everything looked good except that my lean muscle mass was down by 3 lbs. Has anyone else had this experience? I have been drinking the protein drinks as I should and even started taking Chromium Picolinate. Any advice? Maybe more excercise?
Geez, I got so worked up over talking about my scoping & forgot the rest of your post! You could add some strength training - light weights (Joyce Vedral has some great DVD's and books on strength training for women with light weights) - it will help build a little muscle, which will actually help you burn fat faster.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 175/156.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Hello All

I've been lurking for a little while, but I'm finally taking the plunge to post! I'm having problems with being too full or too hungry and I'm hoping you can help.

I usually eat breakfast about 6:30, HNS at 10, lunch at 12:30. I've been feeling starved by lunch, but uncomfortably full by the time I finish. Here's the problem. Even with an HNS about 2:30, I feel like I'm so hungry I want to gnaw my arm off about 4pm. Do you think it would be OK to save 1/2 my protein from lunch to eat with the HNS at 2:30? Has anyone else had a similar problem?

You guys are great! I've already learned so much just from reading the posts. Thanks for sharing your wisdom!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #22  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quick update. Went to wi today and was down 1 pound since Monday. Being back on the green menu while on maintenance is good for me since I never actually hit my goal weight. So now I'm trying to lose the last 2 plus the 4 friends that showed up.

Meemo, hope your knee heals from the shot (cortisone?). I've had 3 knee surgeries and have pretty bad arthritis in them. Losing weight has helped tremendously with the pain there. Another reason to stay on plan and meet our goals.

Last edited by MrsPhibes; 10-23-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:08 AM   #23  
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Geez, I got so worked up over talking about my scoping & forgot the rest of your post! You could add some strength training - light weights (Joyce Vedral has some great DVD's and books on strength training for women with light weights) - it will help build a little muscle, which will actually help you burn fat faster.
Thanks for the info. I have not heard of her. I have the Leslie Sansone videos (Walk Away the Pounds), but am trying to find time to do them. As you can imagine time is a precious commodity when you are working full time and and have a little one. When I finally have some free time it is 9:00 at night!!! Maybe I could try giving myself 30 -45 minutes in the morning before she wakes up and get my excercise done and out of the way.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtara84 View Post
Well, I've had a bit of a disappointing week. I've lost 1.5 lbs, which on other diets I've done would have made me happy, but I average 3.3 per week, so that's really low for me. It was slow last week as well. I'm thinking of doing the meta quick thing starting Monday. Has anyone had any good (or bad) results with it?

The metaquick was good for me, I didn't really loose moe weight on that, but when i did it, i was at a point where i was so sick of the foods OP. After doing the metaquick, i was so happy to be able to eat regular meals again, i couldn't wait to eat my chicken and veggies for lunch instead of a shake.. SO for me its a good thing to do that made me appreicate the food we are able to eat... And i think it kind of restarted my motivation..
Old 10-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #25  

JStuckly and Gina ..... good thoughts and prayers coming your way. Illness and health issues can be really stressful, just know we're all sending good thoughts your way.

Metaquick: I've used it many times on my journey, more for convenience (when eating time is an issue), I have not lost more weight doing that than by eating. Often times my body stalls with the Metaquick. The centers usually tell you that you will notice the difference after you come off of it. I also think when I'm using the shakes that my stall is because of the amount of carbs in the shakes -- 23 with only 3 fibers, so it's a net of 20 carbs with each one, and 12 g of sugar and when you have two in a day, that's 40 carbs and 24 sugar grams. My body is super sensitive to sugar carbs, so that's probably why it doesn't work so well for me. Everyone's body is different, and I know many people have good success with it.

Meemo .... Hope your injection helps -- is it the cortisone or the Sinvisc (however you spell that)?

Jennifer .... I feel you about the BMI stuff. That kind of messed with my mind, when I got within 8 pounds of my goal, they said that my BMI had not changed enough so that my new goal was 20# less than my original --uggghhh. That kind of put me in a place where I took my "break" from program -- not a smart choice. I gained back some of the weight and am now working on getting back where I need to and accepting the additional 20# -- boo!! But I want this badly enough to work on it some more. Hang in there --- I don't know what to tell you about your contract running out -- won't they let you go on stabilization anyway -- you're so close and you lose some more on stabilization!! They should work with you, I would think.

My newest granddaughter is going to be induced on Sunday (if she doesn't come before) .... so by Monday I should be Grandma to 6 girls!! (yikes, that's a lot of estrogen in the family)
Old 10-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

So i need some help with suggestions for meals for my weekend. We are going to our cabin in the mountians. No microwave, No oven.. Just a "stovetop" and BBQ...
I am pretty ok with Breakfast, but dont know what to bring for Lunch and Dinner, Right now for lunches at work i use the microwave 100% not being a huge fan of salad, I use frozen veggies and tilapia in the microwave. The thought of eating salad for my veggies for both meals makes me want to gag.. And not having a microwave makes it hard to cook anything ahead of time and heat up there..
Any ideas at all would help..
Old 10-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 220/195/165

I Just Wi And Was Down 0 And Have Only Lost 9 Lbs And 9 Inches In 1 Month. They Suggest I Take Some Pill "phen Something"...has Anyone Tried This And Thought It Worked? It's 79 Dollars. I Am So Frustrated Because I Have Been Soooo Hungry And Yet No Rewards For My Suffering.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraSerendipity View Post
So i need some help with suggestions for meals for my weekend. We are going to our cabin in the mountians. No microwave, No oven.. Just a "stovetop" and BBQ...
I am pretty ok with Breakfast, but dont know what to bring for Lunch and Dinner, Right now for lunches at work i use the microwave 100% not being a huge fan of salad, I use frozen veggies and tilapia in the microwave. The thought of eating salad for my veggies for both meals makes me want to gag.. And not having a microwave makes it hard to cook anything ahead of time and heat up there..
Any ideas at all would help..
Do you mean BBQ as in grill? If so, why not grill some chicken or fish and veggies on the grill. I grill ALL the time!! It is my savior! Grill some hamburgers, just make it open faced with 1 slice of bread.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #29  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRITZI View Post
I Just Wi And Was Down 0 And Have Only Lost 9 Lbs And 9 Inches In 1 Month. They Suggest I Take Some Pill "phen Something"...has Anyone Tried This And Thought It Worked? It's 79 Dollars. I Am So Frustrated Because I Have Been Soooo Hungry And Yet No Rewards For My Suffering.
FRITZI - Hang in there and keep at it. I can understand completely how you feel. I am not taking any of the extra pills and at one month I was down a few pounds but only 2.25". I was so disappointed but the support of my good friend who is also on this diet and everyone in this forum have kept me going. My weight loss seems to be slower than average but at least I'm going in right direction. I've had to re-teach myself AGAIN to be patient which I am not. And I concentrate on getting all my water in every day, making sure to eat what I am supposed to and exercising. Just hang in there and the weight will come off.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #30  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclewis5606 View Post
Thanks for the info. I have not heard of her. I have the Leslie Sansone videos (Walk Away the Pounds), but am trying to find time to do them. As you can imagine time is a precious commodity when you are working full time and and have a little one. When I finally have some free time it is 9:00 at night!!! Maybe I could try giving myself 30 -45 minutes in the morning before she wakes up and get my excercise done and out of the way.
I do the upper body workout from Joyce Vedral's book "Bottoms Up" in about 20 minutes (now that I know it without having to check it all the time). It should actually take a little longer because I don't do the exercises for the back muscles - just chest & shoulders & then biceps & triceps. She has the exercises for lower body too, I generally figure my walks take care of that.
Closed Thread