Old 12-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #16  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

I braved the scale today & I'm up 3lbs. I'm glad the holidays are almost over and I can get back into my normal cooking and eating routine. I'm going to stay on week 4 another week and weigh in next week.
Finz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Ok I am glad to see this conversation. I have been hiding from 3FC and MRC since the end of November. I had a lot of stress and upheaval in my life and basically went back to my old ways. The week before Thanksgiving I was told my office would be closing the end of Jan. Which meant I was out of a job or had to move. Of course that day I went to lunch and split a dessert with a girl from the office. That was the beginning of the end. Since then has been a rollercoaster. Now maybe the office isn't closing. But I might still have to move. But no decision has been finalized. The stress of not knowing, plus the holidays, and being lazy I put on 15-16 lbs from my start of stabilization which was up 3-4 from my lowest weight and put me back at 181. And I felt like crap, my clothes were not fitting and some I cannot even wear and I had gotten rid of all my clothes that were too big. So on Monday I put myself back on the green menu. I cannot go to MRC until I get back within the 6 lb range. I cannot afford to resign right now. But at least today I am at 178. I guess posting this will make me accountable. I have not even had any desire to cheat this week. I think I ate my weight in candy over the last 2 months. Hopefully I got it all out of my system. Sorry I rambled so long. It helps to tell people who are going through the same issues.
WorkingARMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:35 PM   #18  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Ok I am glad to see this conversation. I have been hiding from 3FC and MRC since the end of November. I had a lot of stress and upheaval in my life and basically went back to my old ways. The week before Thanksgiving I was told my office would be closing the end of Jan. Which meant I was out of a job or had to move. Of course that day I went to lunch and split a dessert with a girl from the office. That was the beginning of the end. Since then has been a rollercoaster. Now maybe the office isn't closing. But I might still have to move. But no decision has been finalized. The stress of not knowing, plus the holidays, and being lazy I put on 15-16 lbs from my start of stabilization which was up 3-4 from my lowest weight and put me back at 181. And I felt like crap, my clothes were not fitting and some I cannot even wear and I had gotten rid of all my clothes that were too big. So on Monday I put myself back on the green menu. I cannot go to MRC until I get back within the 6 lb range. I cannot afford to resign right now. But at least today I am at 178. I guess posting this will make me accountable. I have not even had any desire to cheat this week. I think I ate my weight in candy over the last 2 months. Hopefully I got it all out of my system. Sorry I rambled so long. It helps to tell people who are going through the same issues.
WorkingARMom: Talk about stress...you've had a plate full! Sure hope things settle down, especially on the job front.

Sounds like there are several of us in stabilization and maintenance in the same boat with our weight gains. And by posting, it does make me feel more accountable. I don't go in to MRC until Friday, so hope I can knock off at least one more pound. My MRC "set point" is 135, which is where I was on Sunday. My scale at home shows me down one already, thanks in part to my daily treadmill use and the tons of water I've been drinking, so I've got my fingers crossed I won't have to re-sign for the damn 5 lbs. Thank goodness this thread is here as a place to sound off. Hang in there, everyone. We reached our goals once, we can do it again!

Judy
Gma to 4
Gma to 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:52 PM   #19  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Boy am I paying for my pig out months!! I started the pre-conditioning on the day after Christmas and started that horrible Day 1-4 sheet on Tuesday. So far, I'm pretty pumped up - I lost 4 lbs already when I did wi yesterday. Today I'm baking up a storm for my 20 year olds New Years Eve Party. I'm looking at it as an excuse to clear out all the food I can't have. So far I'm being really strong and not having any BLT's. I think it will be a challenge tonight since my day will be so looonnnggg. I'm going to sip the fiber fills for my drinks. My in-laws are coming over for cards and she's bringing sloppy joes (our family new year tradition) and my favorite sea food salad. As my stomach is growling and I'm chugging water, I'm just telling myself it's punishment for letting myself get out of control and letting the lbs come back on. This suffering will be a good reminder when that "what the heck" attitude comes back again!!

My little NSV for the day - I went to my daughters work (a day care center) to pick up something from her. She was working with the elementary school kids today. When I walked in, the kids yelled, somebody's Mom is here. Tiffany said that's my Mom. I walked up and gave her a hug and her male co-work said, Oh, I thought you were just kidding. I love it when people think I'm too young to have a 20 year old. I know I look more like the mom's of the kids in there now. I love how the weight has taken years off of my appearance!!

Happy New Year Everyone - stay strong!!
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #20  
Gina

WorkingARMom - So sorry to hear about your job. It's sounds like we've been doing exactly the same thing! When I went in the day after Christmas, I topped at 185!! I couldn't believe it. It was nice to see the scale dip to 179.5 yesterday. Had I known it would just be back to the day 1-4, 5-10 and green menu, I wouldn't have re-signed. But our center was running a special, for the for the $79, it does extend my maintenance to march of 2010. You are definately not alone, just re-start with me. Finz is my role model. She said it was much easier the 2nd time around because she didn't fight the program. So, I'm doing just that - following it exactly and not fighting it. I really think it may only take me 6 weeks to get the 20 lbs off. That's quicker than I put it on. WE CAN DO THIS!! And I'm way too cheap to buy new clothes!!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #21  
Judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
My little NSV for the day - I went to my daughters work (a day care center) to pick up something from her. She was working with the elementary school kids today. When I walked in, the kids yelled, somebody's Mom is here. Tiffany said that's my Mom. I walked up and gave her a hug and her male co-work said, Oh, I thought you were just kidding. I love it when people think I'm too young to have a 20 year old. I know I look more like the mom's of the kids in there now. I love how the weight has taken years off of my appearance!!

Happy New Year Everyone - stay strong!!
That is a great NSV! And you will do fine over the New Year's, resisting those special foods. I started MRC over Easter weekend, so couldn't eat the ham, potatoes, rolls, etc. My mantra quickly became, "I can do anything for 4 days." Good luck!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:40 PM   #22  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I braved the scale today & I'm up 3lbs. I'm glad the holidays are almost over and I can get back into my normal cooking and eating routine. I'm going to stay on week 4 another week and weigh in next week.
I went in today - was still up 2 lbs, but that's better than a couple of days ago, and it was my first weigh-in wearing jeans. If I'm really stay on program over the next 3 weeks or so I should be ready for stabilization in January. I thought about buying one of the "specials" that included extra weeks, then realized if I had extra weeks I'd most likely use them! So I just got the least expensive special, no extra time, just some more HNS and some MSM, Internal Cleanser, etc. Shouldn't have to buy anything else for the duration.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:48 PM   #23  
Em

Quote:
WE CAN DO THIS!! And I'm way too cheap to buy new clothes!!
Amen sister! That was why I went & re-signed in August - figured it was cheaper than another new wardrobe (and I don't want a new wardrobe anyway, I want to wear the clothes I've got!)
I realized today that it was 2 years ago yesterday that I officially started maintenance (the first time around). If I hadn't screwed around so much (and I did have some legitimate issues as well, but it was mostly screwing around!) I'd be in maintenance again, or close to it. But I did, and now I'm paying the price. But I'm determined to start stabilizing in January, so it's down to business now. (Well, I think I've said that a few times before! )
Old 12-31-2008, 07:49 PM   #24  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Talk about stress, you have definitely had some! It's way too easy to fall off the wagon this time of year without the added stress of job worries! You'll get it back off in no time, though!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:15 PM   #25  
Judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I went in today - was still up 2 lbs, but that's better than a couple of days ago, and it was my first weigh-in wearing jeans. If I'm really stay on program over the next 3 weeks or so I should be ready for stabilization in January. I thought about buying one of the "specials" that included extra weeks, then realized if I had extra weeks I'd most likely use them! So I just got the least expensive special, no extra time, just some more HNS and some MSM, Internal Cleanser, etc. Shouldn't have to buy anything else for the duration.
Meemo: I'm rooting for you for a January stabilization, which is doable for you. Will they let you start when you are 5-6 lbs from your goal?

You sure have a lot of courage going to WI in jeans. I put on some bike shorts and a tank top under whatever I have on for the day, then do a strip down when I get to MRC to WI. (The only drawback is I have to remember to shave my wooly winter legs on WI day. ) I did weigh the pair of jeans I was wearing that I had just taken off once, and they weighed 1.4 lbs. Unless I get back to my goal weight, there is no way I'm going to WI with those babies on!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #26  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Meemo: I'm rooting for you for a January stabilization, which is doable for you. Will they let you start when you are 5-6 lbs from your goal?

You sure have a lot of courage going to WI in jeans. I put on some bike shorts and a tank top under whatever I have on for the day, then do a strip down when I get to MRC to WI. (The only drawback is I have to remember to shave my wooly winter legs on WI day. ) I did weigh the pair of jeans I was wearing that I had just taken off once, and they weighed 1.4 lbs. Unless I get back to my goal weight, there is no way I'm going to WI with those babies on!
I think they will - that's the way it worked before, anyway, since they estimate we lose 5-7 lbs during stabilization anyway.
Believe me, I play the clothing game with weigh-ins too. But I'm too lazy to change clothes or even strip. But when it comes time to make that all-important weigh-in to get to stabilization, I'll be praying I don't freeze in my little lightweight dress that I was wearing when I first started. (Downside of starting in summer & finishing in winter!) I got curious one day, weighed right before I got dressed and right after, and it was about a 3 lb difference. Then again...when I walked in to the center yesterday all 3 gals at the counter (I was expecting it to be busy and it wasn't at all) were remarking on great I looked in my "skinny jeans" (not the skinny-legged ones). I 'fessed up that they were the Not Your Daughters Jeans with the spandex & special panel that hold things in place and are cut more for women of "a certain age".
Old 01-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #27  

Quote:
WorkingARMom - So sorry to hear about your job. It's sounds like we've been doing exactly the same thing! When I went in the day after Christmas, I topped at 185!! I couldn't believe it. It was nice to see the scale dip to 179.5 yesterday. Had I known it would just be back to the day 1-4, 5-10 and green menu, I wouldn't have re-signed. But our center was running a special, for the for the $79, it does extend my maintenance to march of 2010. You are definately not alone, just re-start with me. Finz is my role model. She said it was much easier the 2nd time around because she didn't fight the program. So, I'm doing just that - following it exactly and not fighting it. I really think it may only take me 6 weeks to get the 20 lbs off. That's quicker than I put it on. WE CAN DO THIS!! And I'm way too cheap to buy new clothes!!
I am too cheap to buy clothes or resign! My husband would have a cow if I spent any more money. I am committed to getting this weight back off. I did good M-W until last night. We went to Golden Corral. I had a perfect dinner but then had dessert - about 5 different kinds. I only had a sip of champagne at midnight. Back to plan this morning. I CAN DO THIS!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #28  

Quote:
I think they will - that's the way it worked before, anyway, since they estimate we lose 5-7 lbs during stabilization anyway.
Believe me, I play the clothing game with weigh-ins too. But I'm too lazy to change clothes or even strip. But when it comes time to make that all-important weigh-in to get to stabilization, I'll be praying I don't freeze in my little lightweight dress that I was wearing when I first started. (Downside of starting in summer & finishing in winter!) I got curious one day, weighed right before I got dressed and right after, and it was about a 3 lb difference. Then again...when I walked in to the center yesterday all 3 gals at the counter (I was expecting it to be busy and it wasn't at all) were remarking on great I looked in my "skinny jeans" (not the skinny-legged ones). I 'fessed up that they were the Not Your Daughters Jeans with the spandex & special panel that hold things in place and are cut more for women of "a certain age".
I love those jeans! I have not bought any just yet. Again I am cheap. But I have tried them on and they are great.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #29  
Judy

OK, what am I missing? I've never heard of Not Your Daughters jeans, so where can I buy them? No matter how much weight I've lost, I still have this dang belly pouch, so maybe that would help to hold it in.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #30  
Gina

Quote:
Amen sister! That was why I went & re-signed in August - figured it was cheaper than another new wardrobe (and I don't want a new wardrobe anyway, I want to wear the clothes I've got!)
I realized today that it was 2 years ago yesterday that I officially started maintenance (the first time around). If I hadn't screwed around so much (and I did have some legitimate issues as well, but it was mostly screwing around!) I'd be in maintenance again, or close to it. But I did, and now I'm paying the price. But I'm determined to start stabilizing in January, so it's down to business now. (Well, I think I've said that a few times before! )
I'm right there with you. But you know what, we're not quitters and that's what matters in the long run. Just imagine how bad we'd feel and how unhealthy we would be if we just gave up altogether.

Quote:

This time my official first wi was in jeans and a sweater. This way I don't have to worry about how much my clothes weight and I'll have some fudge room for an expected bad wi

Quote:
OK, what am I missing? I've never heard of Not Your Daughters jeans, so where can I buy them? No matter how much weight I've lost, I still have this dang belly pouch, so maybe that would help to hold it in.

Me either! Where do you get those from??

I did really good last night. There was something freakishly powerful about baking all those things and doing all the cooking and not having anything. I sat down to cards with my in-laws and ate my pathetic little plate of sliced green peppers, steamed broc, tuna and melba. I just treated it like an h'dours plate. I baked up a storm for the kids and enjoyed watching them eat it - ahh, to be in my early 20's again! Then I made them a breakfast casserole, muffins and cinnamon rolls and had my little 1/2 orange, slice of cheese and cinnamon toast. Again, something powerful about resisting. I think it's the newness of starting over and knowing it will be much faster this time. 100 lbs just seemed like a mountain I couldn't climb so I had to focus on each step. I was also going to not weigh myself every morning like I did before. I was just going to be suprised at the center. Well, I don't have that much self-control and had to peak today - kind of a reward for being so good. I'm already down a couple more lbs. from tuesday!!