Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #151  
Judy
 
Gma to 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 284

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Hello Loves!

I went to weigh in on Saturday and guess what? It was my (and many others) stabilization party! I had totally forgotten. I for some reason moved it 2 weeks ahead in my mind... so I ran back home and change out of my sweats and grabbed my kiddo (because he had to be involved) and ran back in time to join in. How cool! I'm there. Weird. Kind of surreal. But good.

And, here we go.

I don't actually meet to discuss the plan until next Saturday but I am officially hangin' with my ladies! And I have lost 1/2 of my previous self and gained soooo much more!

I love you all!
Denise: WELCOME TO STABILIZATION AND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!

I know I speak for everyone who has gotten to know you on 3FC, you truly are an inspiration and a role model. And I am so fortunate to have gotten to know you in person as well. I can't wait to see your before/after pictures posted on the wall at our MRC Center.

Judy
Gma to 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #152  
Bonnie
 
MrsPhibes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lawrence, KS and Westminster, CO
Posts: 232

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default

Welcome Denise. I, as well as everyone else on the "maintainers" board are so glad that you made it here. You do everything so consistently it will be a pleasure to look forward to your posts, insights, and wisdom.

Thanks you Judy.
Your last post with the hints from your favorite counselor we right on. It all makes so much sense when you spell it out for me. I can follow instructions but when left to my own devices watch out.
MrsPhibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #153  
Denise
 
namaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,003

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
Welcome Denise. I, as well as everyone else on the "maintainers" board are so glad that you made it here. You do everything so consistently it will be a pleasure to look forward to your posts, insights, and wisdom.

Thanks you Judy.
Your last post with the hints from your favorite counselor we right on. It all makes so much sense when you spell it out for me. I can follow instructions but when left to my own devices watch out.

Thank you! I think I will be pulling a lot from all of "the maintainers" wisdom and experience in the coming months, and am so happy to have you all! Such wonderful friends!!!!

Oh, and I agree Judy.... those are great tips! They all are perfect suggestions.
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #154  
Gina
 
ShineOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellevue, Nebraska
Posts: 625

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Hello Loves!

I went to weigh in on Saturday and guess what? It was my (and many others) stabilization party! I had totally forgotten. I for some reason moved it 2 weeks ahead in my mind... so I ran back home and change out of my sweats and grabbed my kiddo (because he had to be involved) and ran back in time to join in. How cool! I'm there. Weird. Kind of surreal. But good.

And, here we go.

I don't actually meet to discuss the plan until next Saturday but I am officially hangin' with my ladies! And I have lost 1/2 of my previous self and gained soooo much more!

I love you all!
Denis - I am so excited to see you officially as a member of the maintainers groups!!! Whoohooo . . . . . My 2nd stabilization party is on the 16th. I'm doing it right this time!!
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #155  
Denise
 
namaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,003

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Denis - I am so excited to see you officially as a member of the maintainers groups!!! Whoohooo . . . . . My 2nd stabilization party is on the 16th. I'm doing it right this time!!
Well, congrats to you! You're still just fabulous to me!
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #156  
Member
 
Jennifer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 51

S/C/G: 241/ticker/140

Default

Ah congrats for making it to stabilization- I am dreaming of the day when I am there, 10 days on, 6.5 lbs loss-I am stoked-one step at a time I will be there
Jennifer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #157  
Denise
 
namaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,003

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer73 View Post
Ah congrats for making it to stabilization- I am dreaming of the day when I am there, 10 days on, 6.5 lbs loss-I am stoked-one step at a time I will be there
You will be there in no time!
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #158  
MRC Repeat Offender
 
Finz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northwest Florida
Posts: 475

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Default

Gina: WOW! What fantastic news from your annual exam! Doesn't that make you feel great?

MrsPhibes: You'll get those extra pounds off when you go skiing again--have a wonderful time!

Judy: Thanks for the list--I particularly liked 1. I was using my breakfast or lunch fruit as a snack between meals, often with the granola for my mock apple crisp. He suggested always having a protein with a carbohydrate (fruit), rather than the second carb (granola), at least most of the time. So I'll try a string cheese with the fruit as a snack. I'll use the granola apple crisp once in awhile with my lunch, rather than as a between meal snack.
I'm also guilty of having the "naked carb" and need to watch myself there.

Denise: **YEA** It's so good to see you here & CONGRATS on starting stabilization

Meemo: When you finish stab, we should meet up for a healthy lunch sometime--do you ever go to 790 North? They make great lunch salads--I had a grilled redfish salad yesterday there that was really good.

My news--I'm going to Amsterdam next week! I leave on Wednesday and will be gone for a short 5 days but I'm really looking forward to it. It's a girls weekend. I'm meeting some American expat friends from England (we moved from England in 2007) and one friend who is now living near Amsterdam. I'm so glad I'm doing this on maintenance and not trying to be on the green menu LOL!
Finz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #159  
Judy
 
Gma to 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 284

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
My news--I'm going to Amsterdam next week! I leave on Wednesday and will be gone for a short 5 days but I'm really looking forward to it. It's a girls weekend. I'm meeting some American expat friends from England (we moved from England in 2007) and one friend who is now living near Amsterdam. I'm so glad I'm doing this on maintenance and not trying to be on the green menu LOL!
Finz: That will be so much fun for you. We lived in England for 3 years back in the 70s (DH was in the Air Force), but I've never been back. We spent a weekend in Amsterdam one fall and loved it. I'm envious...but you truly deserve a great trip like that for all your hard work. ENJOY!
Gma to 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #160  
Junior Member
 
COMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 19

S/C/G: 217/156.5/160

Default

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post here. I have been doing the MRC diet for 5 months and have lost 50 lbs. I am just 6 lbs from my goal and have a question about stabilization and maintenance. I was told that you have to continue all of the the supplements (vitamins, flax, mrc-6, enhancer, cortatrim, and msm) during stabilization and that most people do it during maintenance too. Is this true? I really don't want to have this added expense the rest of my life. Has anyone done stabilization or maintenance without the supplements?

Thanks!
COMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #161  
Denise
 
namaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,003

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Denise: **YEA** It's so good to see you here & CONGRATS on starting stabilization
My news--I'm going to Amsterdam next week! I leave on Wednesday and will be gone for a short 5 days but I'm really looking forward to it. It's a girls weekend. I'm meeting some American expat friends from England (we moved from England in 2007) and one friend who is now living near Amsterdam. I'm so glad I'm doing this on maintenance and not trying to be on the green menu LOL!
How exciting! You'll have to take pics and share when you get back. I'd love to see them! Have a blast.
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #162  
Judy
 
Gma to 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 284

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMom View Post
Hi Everyone!

This is my first post here. I have been doing the MRC diet for 5 months and have lost 50 lbs. I am just 6 lbs from my goal and have a question about stabilization and maintenance. I was told that you have to continue all of the the supplements (vitamins, flax, mrc-6, enhancer, cortatrim, and msm) during stabilization and that most people do it during maintenance too. Is this true? I really don't want to have this added expense the rest of my life. Has anyone done stabilization or maintenance without the supplements?

Thanks!
Congrats on your successful MRC journey! And welcome (soon) to stabilization and maintenance.

I was never a big fan of the supplements, so only took the flax seed oil caps, a multivitamin and MRC6 during my time on plan. On maintenance, I'm taking the same things, but do not buy any of them from the center. I get the MRC6 substitute at Vitamin Cottage for around $10 a bottle. It's called Super Leci-thin and has the kelp, apple cider vinegar, B6. You only take 3 a day (one per meal), so the bottle lasts twice as long. I took one month off from the MRC6 and noticed I was hungrier, so went back on. I may try to wean off them again at a later date.

Every time I go for WI, they "encourage" me to try something else. I just smile and tell them I don't like taking pills and am doing just fine. Remember, pushing the pills is what they are supposed to be doing.

Judy
Gma to 4
Gma to 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #163  
Bonnie
 
MrsPhibes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lawrence, KS and Westminster, CO
Posts: 232

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default

Judy,

Stopped briefly at the Silverthorne outlets. Ron sat in the car while I went to the "red" area. Tried on a large jacket at the Columbia store and it was too big. Asked the sales girl for a medium and bought it. I can't remember when the last time I bought a medium was. I think that they are making the sizes bigger... or I am so used to buying xl or 2xl in bike tops that I feel that way.

We're skiing every day but the snow could be better.

Wished more people posted on this thread more often. If you are lurking out there please chime in. I miss the days of more support and activity.
MrsPhibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:25 AM   #164  
Judy
 
Gma to 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 284

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
Judy,

Stopped briefly at the Silverthorne outlets. Ron sat in the car while I went to the "red" area. Tried on a large jacket at the Columbia store and it was too big. Asked the sales girl for a medium and bought it. I can't remember when the last time I bought a medium was. I think that they are making the sizes bigger... or I am so used to buying xl or 2xl in bike tops that I feel that way.

We're skiing every day but the snow could be better.

Wished more people posted on this thread more often. If you are lurking out there please chime in. I miss the days of more support and activity.
Bonnie: I just KNEW if you stopped at the outlets, you would end up with clothing! My daughter was at our condo there this weekend and bought a jacket at Columbia, too! I'm not surprised you bought a medium, as you have done a terrific job with your weight loss, especially in keeping it off.

I know what you mean about the postings...I really miss the back and forth we always had with everyone on the regular thread. Sure hope it starts to pick back up. I lurk on the MRC Take 32, but do post once in awhile. I'm hoping there are some over there on that thread that are entering stabilization and maintenance, so will want to join us over here.

Judy
Gma to 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:58 AM   #165  
Senior Member
 
lv2ski2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 257

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Default

Hello ladies!
Bonnie congrats on that coat! Isn't that fun when you keep going down in sizes?

SO question for you ladies. I'm supposed to attend the stabilization party on the 19th and then realized it's our spring break and we will be leaving town that day!

What do you think they will do about me not being able to attend? I sooo want to but hubby has a trip to steamboat planned! Anyways I'm getting closer to coming over here and joining you ladies!
lv2ski2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.