Auntie Weiz

S/C/G: 279/236/150

Height: 5' 2"

Default Motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintainforlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky49

Hello Everyone... I am sitting here in Monroe, Wa next to "Shine On," She is my beautiful niece and I am so very proud of her. I have been a member of MRC for about a month and have lost 10 pounds, however, have NOT been sticking to the program much as I just couldn't seem to get going. However, since my niece is here to give me a quick kick in my get a long, I am more inspired... she even took a pic of me.. UGLY..... lol... I am doing the program over the phone out of the Oregon office as we don't have a center in Washington. I am having a real hard time with the phone in thing, and will be looking to you all for more support.

Hi Rocky49
Wow...how lucky you are to have "Shine On" as a niece! And how fun to have her visit! ... I too am doing "phone in"...my counselor was great the first few weeks...encouraging, informative...then she kinda dropped the ball. (I must admit...I get ALL of my program info from these great people on this site...and my BIL)...so, she may feel as if I have all the answers myself lol!!! My advice to you is log in EVERY DAY...at least once a day...and print out the really pertinent stuff...it really helps to "review!" And...Ask questions...cuz the answers ALWAYS come

Ahhh...having gained 2 pounds with the weight of the new cast...and feeling a bit frustrated...just having the cast I got on the scale...just wondering and...I was down 3 lbs. today...(which I guess was really 5)...yippee...AND...I survived the Kinders without making one of them cry! Ha! I think part of my success was my DH sneaking out and finding me a "cast scooter"...you should have seen me whipping around campus...it actually gave my casted leg a reprieve...and my armpits bruise relief! Ahhh...life is good!
Thanks Carrie.. Motivation for Life.. that's a great tip. I am enjoying the board and all of the support. Back to work tomorrow.. Shine on left today I hope to see her again in October and hopefully she will see much less of me then as well...
Old 08-25-2008, 10:33 PM   #272  
Shannon

one more quick question about the meal replacement shakes: If I am not doin metaquick, do I need to eat the veggies and the fruit with the shake? or do I just drink the shake and the veggies are optional (like on metaquick?) I am about to hit the sack and need to know if I should go to the store tomorrow morning. I have no veggies left at home.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 PM   #273  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

pbolton..Thanks for the syrup advice. I'm going to go to their website and order some. That eggnog sounds amazing and we can put rum flavor in it too. My dh will LOVE it also! Is the mint like a mint chocolate chip flavoring or like the peppermint candy? I have some mint and peppermint extracts and they both just taste like candy canes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
I use the DiVinci Gourmet SF syrups. You can buy them at the grocery store, but if you check out their website, they have absolutely TONS of flavors. My favorites are Egg Nog in the vanilla shakes & Peanut Butter or Mint in the chocolate.
MagicEyez..WOOHOO on that 3 lbs. That's awesome! Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicEyez View Post
Afternoon All ~ Just wanted to stop in and say hello ~ and huge congrats to all the 'weekend losers!!' I had my WI last Thursday, when I got my new menu and I had lost 3 lbs, so I guess that was pretty good. I should go in tomorrow to get the newest menu and weigh in, but I've got to go today since I will be out of town tomorrow. hopefully they will do my measurements, I'm sorta curious about that ...
Hope everyone has an awesome Monday!!
Jstuckly..YAY YAY YAY on the 1/2 lb loss and more importantly the BF loss! That's great! You're getting closer! WOOHOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Woohooo Went to WI in I am only down .5 but you know how hard it is to stay OP the weekend so I am not upset about that just happy it is moving. The big news is I am down 20.25 in total, and my fat % was 36.3 now it is 32.9 wow I am just now in range but I still have 12.5 pound to lose. So a non scale victory today.
Thanks
Jenny..YUM..Caramel Nut Bar..You can do this! You are doing SO amazing! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Hey all! I'm on my home stretch for metaquick. If I never see another caramel nut bar, it'd be too soon. YUCK!!! I used to really like them. Hopefully the Wednesday WI will be as good as the Saturday one. Good luck this week!!! Sending good vibes to everyone!
Jstuckly again.. I take the Dieter's Tea. It's called Ballerina and I get it at an Asian Market. It's in a green box. They have regular strength and extra strength. I only take the regular. I take it when I know I ate off plan or when I get "stopped up". The "stopped up" has been happening more often lately so I've been doing the tea every other day. It does cause me cramps and diahhrea (YUCK!) but it does the trick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
I need a little help,I hate to ask but yall would know, I am backed up if you know what I mean and nothing is helping and it has been this way really from the start. Is there anything I should add or anything that would help. Is there anything over the counter that I should not take that might miss up the plane. thanks for your help and sorry about the personal question.
Rocky49..You're not old! NEXT year you'll be old. Just kidding. You could be my mom though. My mom was born in '48 and had me @ 23 years of age. No biggie. That's sweet that you're using a name in memory of your mother. Why was Rocky her nickname? My legal name is Rochelle (named after my grandfather Roscoe) but my parents knew BEFORE I WAS BORN that they would call me Rocki (for a girl) or Rocky (for a boy). So, that's my story. Good luck this time around. You KNOW this works and with Gina's help you will do great! Just keep checking in here. It really does help to keep you motivated and on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky49 View Post
Thanks to all of you; you have all been so supportive. I swear I could, "write the book" about diets, although sticking to the plans over the years has always been a problem. I am hopeful though that this one will truly work for me.
Rocki: Rocky49... I decided to use Rocky in memory of my mother (that was her nickname) The 49 is the year I was born.. Yep, I'm an oldie.
Good luck to everyone this week!
WorkingAR..WOOHOO on that 5.5 lb week! That's SO GREAT!! I think I had one or two 5 lb weeks and TONS of 1/2 pound weeks. It's nice to have a good one, huh?? Thanks for the info on the reduction. I think I will be checking it out next summer. First off I want to lose all the weight I plan to before the surgery and secondly I have an 18 month old and I know you're not supposed to lift anything for about a month. There's no way I could do that anytime soon! She still has to be carried down the stairs and in and out of the van. Next summer she'll be 2.5 and not "needing" to be lifted so dang much. That's my plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Went to WI today. Down 2 lbs. That means I lost 5.5 last week.
Rocki - I had a reduction many years ago and it was probably the best thing I ever did.
Diana..Thanks also for the reduction comments. See note above to workingAR..

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
WorkingMom- So did i! I had mine done in 2002
and i agree, it was the best thing i could have done for myself!!
SIGS..I, too, think you can have the shake for dinner. Just not more than 3x per week as SchoonR said. That taco thing sounded good too. Oh, I told my grandmother about your story the other day b/c when I was there yesterday (AFTER WE HAD A HUGE BRUNCH AT A RESTAURANT) she asked me if I wanted anything else to eat! I told her we just had brunch and she said "well, you can't visit without me offering you food. That wouldn't be right!" She lauged about your Jewish (Baptist) grandmother though. She totally knew what I was saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
I seem to be going through another one of those phases/fazes when I'm too tired to eat. I know we aren't supposed to have the meal replacement bars for dinner. Are the shakes allowable? I can generally muster the energy for breakfast and lunch, but dinner is when I'm completely unmotivated. Any super easy & fast suggestions?
YAY on that 1.5 lbs! You can do 2 more lbs by Thursday. Come on, you're a guy! Are you and your wife going on vaca this weekend??? What beach? Sounds like fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
Went to WI today and was down 1.5lbs. My mini goal for myself for the past couple weeks is to hit that 40lb board before heading to the beach this Thurs, so would love to lose 2lbs by then, but just not sure that is possible. Tempting to just sweat it out.
Highmaint..Down 2 is GREAT!! As for stabilization. I'm at 128 right now. My goal is 125 (I changed it midstream from 130). They had me start stab @ 131 b/c I had bounced from 128.5 back up again (after my b-day bash). They didn't want me bouncing around and thought I could use the extra fruits for my Vegas trip this weekend. I think I get to add a fruit to breakfast in week 2 of stabilization. As far as the BF count, I'm not sure if they used that instead, b/c I AM at a good BF and BMI. My BF has come down from around 40 to 28 and my BMI has come down from 33 to 23 something. So, I'm close to goal weight and close to a really good BF I think. Maybe they go by both or it may depend on your center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMaintenance View Post
Checkin' in to say Hello! Work's been CRAZY lately some days I almost forget to eat. WI today down 2.
A question for those of you moving to stabilization - are they using your goal weight established when you started or some calculation of body fat percentage? I know it's a long way off, but a girl can dream, right??
Maintainforlife..Woohoo on the cast scooter. What exactly is that? Is it like a skate? That just stinks that you had that happen! UGH! What was the game again? I just got my Wii Fit (haven't opened the box yet). Do they have that same game on there? I want one of those Dance Dance games, isn't that what you were doing?? UGH again! YAY for not making the Kinders cry! Good job. My oldest started K last week and LOVES it. However, a friend of ours' daughter started at the same school (different teacher) and comes home crying b/c the teacher is so cold and mean. Not what you're looking for in Kindergarten in my opinion. I'm sure you're a good teacher though, right??
Quote:
Originally Posted by maintainforlife View Post
Ahhh...having gained 2 pounds with the weight of the new cast...and feeling a bit frustrated...just having the cast I got on the scale...just wondering and...I was down 3 lbs. today...(which I guess was really 5)...yippee...AND...I survived the Kinders without making one of them cry! Ha! I think part of my success was my DH sneaking out and finding me a "cast scooter"...you should have seen me whipping around campus...it actually gave my casted leg a reprieve...and my armpits bruise relief! Ahhh...life is good!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #274  
This is the Last Time!

Shannon..I don't think you "need" to eat the veggies or fruit. I think that you should only eat the veggies if you're still hungry after the shake and I don't think you should have a fruit at all. I was just told to drink the shake and not add anything, but I heard that the veggie was okay if the shake wasn't enough. However, adding a veggie to anything isn't likely for me. I choke the veggies down every day and when I just do a shake for dinner I do just that, a shake and nothing else. Make it a big one and mix it with some diet soda or some extracts or something. That will fill you up more. I make mine like 32 oz or something close to that b/c it's a LOT and it does fill you up longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
one more quick question about the meal replacement shakes: If I am not doin metaquick, do I need to eat the veggies and the fruit with the shake? or do I just drink the shake and the veggies are optional (like on metaquick?) I am about to hit the sack and need to know if I should go to the store tomorrow morning. I have no veggies left at home.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:08 PM   #275  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmitche View Post
THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUS....WHAT GROCERY STORES USUALLY HAVE THE SYRUPS?..WE HAVE ALBERTONS, KROGER, SUPER ONE FOODS...AND OF COURSE WALMART.
I have found SF Hazelnut & Raspberry (I think?) at Walmart. The BEST place to buy them is at the DiVinci website. There are tons of flavors. Just give it a google
Old 08-25-2008, 11:13 PM   #276  

ROCKI--I think they have several different chocolate flavors. The only flavor I've tried that I didn't like was Gingerbread. With the eggnog, I add some cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #277  

Stay OP all day today The scales don't show a loss, but my legs are looking smaller. Skin is getting wrinklier <sigh>
Old 08-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #278  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post

That's right--the shake is the entire meal! My center says that if you are still hungry you can have a veggie to go with it. Personally, I never have, I just have the shake.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:35 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
YAY on that 1.5 lbs! You can do 2 more lbs by Thursday. Come on, you're a guy! Are you and your wife going on vaca this weekend??? What beach? Sounds like fun!
Got fingers crossed on the 2lbs. Got a feeling I may put a couple back on this long beach weekend, so would rather go down there with that milestone already tucked away!

Wife and I are taking the baby to Panama City Beach for her first beach trip. We always try to go just before or after 'summer season' is over, and we got a great deal. Treating the MIL as well, so we have a little daycare while we are down there! We haven't had a date night since she was born (5.5 months old), so Sat night we are going out to a dinner and a movie, and I think for that meal, I may forget MRC exists, and popcorn maybe my favorite meal!

BUT, I will take the pills, keep up on the hns, and the water, and just deal with it when I get back.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:52 AM   #280  
This is the Last Time!

Have a great weekend and no stressing over MRC. I know you don't want to throw away all the hard work, but you can take a time out every once in a while. Have a great time taking your baby to the beach. I have an 18 month old and a 5 year old (both girls). They're both redheads, so we don't visit the beach too much. We're taking them and my mom on a cruise for Thanksgiving so we'll have a babysitter too. You can't beat that. My MIL has gone with us on two family vacations and she's been a HUGE help! YAY for the date night. That should be fun.

Quote:
Got fingers crossed on the 2lbs. Got a feeling I may put a couple back on this long beach weekend, so would rather go down there with that milestone already tucked away!

Wife and I are taking the baby to Panama City Beach for her first beach trip. We always try to go just before or after 'summer season' is over, and we got a great deal. Treating the MIL as well, so we have a little daycare while we are down there! We haven't had a date night since she was born (5.5 months old), so Sat night we are going out to a dinner and a movie, and I think for that meal, I may forget MRC exists, and popcorn maybe my favorite meal!

BUT, I will take the pills, keep up on the hns, and the water, and just deal with it when I get back.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #281  
Shannon

Quote:

Have fun! You deserve a date with your wife. And you deserve an off-plan meal too! I am treating myself Saturday while I watch college fb all day. I can't wait!
Old 08-26-2008, 09:17 AM   #282  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Rocky49: Welcome! We were both born in 49, so you have a kindred spirit in me. I've been OP since last March and am down 39 lbs. I start stabilization next Tuesday. If I can do it (on hormone replacement so it's been slower), anyone can. And with Shineon's encouragement and the great people on this forum, it should be much easier.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 08-26-2008, 09:41 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
Shannon..I don't think you "need" to eat the veggies or fruit. I think that you should only eat the veggies if you're still hungry after the shake and I don't think you should have a fruit at all. I was just told to drink the shake and not add anything, but I heard that the veggie was okay if the shake wasn't enough. However, adding a veggie to anything isn't likely for me. I choke the veggies down every day and when I just do a shake for dinner I do just that, a shake and nothing else. Make it a big one and mix it with some diet soda or some extracts or something. That will fill you up more. I make mine like 32 oz or something close to that b/c it's a LOT and it does fill you up longer.
You are supposed to have a clear with the shakes for a complete meal. If you are doing the powder shakes I just mix the clear in with a vanilla. I have not tried that with the premades. No fruit and veggies if you are hungry.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #284  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

The diet tea did the job thanks yall
Old 08-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #285  

Quote:

I hope the weather holds out for you. Looks like another storm is on the way ;-( We do need the rain though.

If you haven't been there yet, check out the new Pier Park Mall. Great shops & restaurants. They have a German restaurant that everyone is raving about. I haven't tried their beer, but they had a very nice chef salad that was really close to OP. Took my own dressing of course!

I remember my daughter's first trip to the beach here. She's 21 now. Oh, so long ago.....
Closed Thread