Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on all the losses!

Welcome Rocky49! ShineOn is the best person to have on your team.

Went to WI today. Down 2 lbs. That means I lost 5.5 last week. That is my biggest week since I have been on the program. I have to travel for business this week so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Maybe I will hit the hotel gym. I did walk/jog last night for about 30 minutes. So maybe.

Rocki - I had a reduction many years ago and it was probably the best thing I ever did.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #257  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

WorkingMom- So did i! I had mine done in 2002
and i agree, it was the best thing i could have done for myself!!
Old 08-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #258  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
I need a little help,

I hate to ask but yall would know, I am backed up if you know what I mean and nothing is helping and it has been this way really from the start. Is there anything I should add or anything that would help. Is there anything over the counter that I should not take that might miss up the plane. thanks for your help and sorry about the personal question.
Usually, if I drink a fiber fill in the mid morning, then one in mid afternoon, that really helps! You can have up to 3 a day and they are OP
Old 08-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

I seem to be going through another one of those phases/fazes when I'm too tired to eat. I know we aren't supposed to have the meal replacement bars for dinner. Are the shakes allowable? I can generally muster the energy for breakfast and lunch, but dinner is when I'm completely unmotivated. Any super easy & fast suggestions?
Old 08-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #260  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey SIGS,

As far as no, no replacements are allowed for dinner at all. Right now I can't think of anything very simple. I had a turkey burger with a ground turkey patty and 2 of those 25 cal tortillas and some sliced tomatoes. That only took a good 10 mins.

BTW, Congrats on only being 10 away from your goal!!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #261  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
I seem to be going through another one of those phases/fazes when I'm too tired to eat. I know we aren't supposed to have the meal replacement bars for dinner. Are the shakes allowable? I can generally muster the energy for breakfast and lunch, but dinner is when I'm completely unmotivated. Any super easy & fast suggestions?
I wish I was too tired to eat! I am always up for a meal!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #262  
Shannon

Default lunch for a field trip

I have an all day field trip tomorrow. We have to bring a sack lunch and will be eating outside under a tree, out of a cooler. So....has anyone tried to take a meal replacement shake with them anywhere and they have made it prior? I need something I can drink/eat easily without having utensils! I thought I would make the hsake and take some grape tomatoes.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Awesome to sign on and see everyone with loses!

Stuck in Grad - The Shakes are allowed for dinner, but are just like the bars, you can only have them 3 times a week (bars/shakes combined) and no creamy on the same day.

As for quick meals, I have an iron gut, and can really stomach some weird/gross combinations, just to get the food down and over with. HOWEVER, sometimes I stumble on some good stuff. Today, I put 4ozs of sauteed peppers on the bottom of a bowl, put some taco seasoned ground turkey on top (4 ozs) and some cottage cheese (mrc version of sour cream - simply put 2 ozs in a nice food processor, with maybe a teaspoon of water, and churn it up real good to get out all the chunks = to me, tastes like a real fattening, thick restaraunt sour cream). Heated it all up in the microwave, and it was darn good, almost like a chile con queso.

Quicker than that, with no cooking = Can of tuna, 2TBs dijonaise, diced celery and splenda to sweeten (splenda gives it hint of sweet, which would give the hint of pickle relish).

I agree with you, eating these meals, with all the fresh food, is time consuming. Things have to be cut/diced/washed cooked. Eating 2 bars in 1 day is going to be a MUCH better idea than skipping dinner, or eating off plan. Same with shakes/creamy's, etc... They have carbs, but not as bad a decision as not eating and dropping the metabolism.

Jstuck - The bars have some carbs, and depending on how your body reacts to carbs, could slow down the fat burning. Half this diet is all about being low carb enough for the body to burn fat, BUT, the other half is the fact that with our food choices and portions, you will lose half the weight by calorie reduction alone (the bigger people will lose more simply due to that fact alone). MY POINT (damn I ramble) is that IF you are worried about BARS slowing your loss, make sure you have them for LUNCH! The fruit we get each day has the BIGGEST portion of bad carbs (simple sugars) that we get all day. The BAR + a veggie has less carbs than a normal piece of fruit.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:25 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Went to WI today and was down 1.5lbs. My mini goal for myself for the past couple weeks is to hit that 40lb board before heading to the beach this Thurs, so would love to lose 2lbs by then, but just not sure that is possible. Tempting to just sweat it out.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:04 PM   #265  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Does anyone have an MRC friendly recipe for hummus? The only ingredients that I am leary of is the Tahini?
Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #266  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

WorkingARMom WOW! What a week you've had--congrats on the 5.5

stuck in grad school I think centers differ in advice, but my center says that you can have the shakes for dinner. I do about once a week just because I don't feel like cooking & eating

shenanigan I haven't made the shakes ahead of time, but my good friend who is on the program (although not on this board) does. She's a competition sailor and she takes them on the boat with her at least a couple of times a week.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:43 PM   #267  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
WorkingARMom WOW! What a week you've had--congrats on the 5.5

stuck in grad school I think centers differ in advice, but my center says that you can have the shakes for dinner. I do about once a week just because I don't feel like cooking & eating

shenanigan I haven't made the shakes ahead of time, but my good friend who is on the program (although not on this board) does. She's a competition sailor and she takes them on the boat with her at least a couple of times a week.
Thanks, Finz! That helps me. I was afraid it would be nasty when i got it out of the cooler to drink. I am sure I will have to hake it up again in case it has separated. You saved me! I am at Open House at school until 9 and do not want to trek through the store that late. Merci!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:23 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 225/see tracker/185

Height: 5'8"

Checkin' in to say Hello! Work's been CRAZY lately some days I almost forget to eat. WI today down 2. Progress is Starting to slow down but no plateau yet. I know I need to start exercising, how do you all fit it in, with the cooking and the eating and everything else?

A question for those of you moving to stabilization - are they using your goal weight established when you started or some calculation of body fat percentage? I know it's a long way off, but a girl can dream, right??
Old 08-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #269  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
I use the DiVinci Gourmet SF syrups. You can buy them at the grocery store, but if you check out their website, they have absolutely TONS of flavors. My favorites are Egg Nog in the vanilla shakes & Peanut Butter or Mint in the chocolate.
THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUS....WHAT GROCERY STORES USUALLY HAVE THE SYRUPS?..WE HAVE ALBERTONS, KROGER, SUPER ONE FOODS...AND OF COURSE WALMART.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #270  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky49

Hello Everyone... I am sitting here in Monroe, Wa next to "Shine On," She is my beautiful niece and I am so very proud of her. I have been a member of MRC for about a month and have lost 10 pounds, however, have NOT been sticking to the program much as I just couldn't seem to get going. However, since my niece is here to give me a quick kick in my get a long, I am more inspired... she even took a pic of me.. UGLY..... lol... I am doing the program over the phone out of the Oregon office as we don't have a center in Washington. I am having a real hard time with the phone in thing, and will be looking to you all for more support.

Hi Rocky49
Wow...how lucky you are to have "Shine On" as a niece! And how fun to have her visit! ... I too am doing "phone in"...my counselor was great the first few weeks...encouraging, informative...then she kinda dropped the ball. (I must admit...I get ALL of my program info from these great people on this site...and my BIL)...so, she may feel as if I have all the answers myself lol!!! My advice to you is log in EVERY DAY...at least once a day...and print out the really pertinent stuff...it really helps to "review!" And...Ask questions...cuz the answers ALWAYS come

Ahhh...having gained 2 pounds with the weight of the new cast...and feeling a bit frustrated...just having the cast I got on the scale...just wondering and...I was down 3 lbs. today...(which I guess was really 5)...yippee...AND...I survived the Kinders without making one of them cry! Ha! I think part of my success was my DH sneaking out and finding me a "cast scooter"...you should have seen me whipping around campus...it actually gave my casted leg a reprieve...and my armpits bruise relief! Ahhh...life is good!
Closed Thread