Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #226  

Height: 5'6

Well, I am off the plateau. I lost 2 lbs in 2 days. Thanks for all of your tips!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #227  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

I have had a couple of days with too many BLT's. Not a complete OP meal but I feel I'm starting to slip a bit too much. I'm U-turning (thinking of you, Denise!) back to totally OP today!

OK--you MAC users, talk to me! My MRC doesn't carry it and now I'm wanting to try it. Do you like it & why???
Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #228  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Default Veggie Help

I am on day 9 of my plan and I am overwhelmed by the vegetable portion of this. I have tried to use a variety of them, but keep finding myself dreading eating the veggies. I have had broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, cauliflower, tomatoes, salad, and cucumbers and I am still struggling.

Any great ideas for the veggie portion?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #229  
dla
Denise

missysmom - Congrats on the weight loss. I'm sure it feels great to be off the plateau.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #230  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I am on day 9 of my plan and I am overwhelmed by the vegetable portion of this. I have tried to use a variety of them, but keep finding myself dreading eating the veggies. I have had broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, cauliflower, tomatoes, salad, and cucumbers and I am still struggling.

I felt the same way. I LOVE salads, but I have never liked them at home. Weird, I know! Just recently, I've started taking all of my cooked veggies and mixing them up with the cut up meat and black beans (you can have them on day 11!) Then I spritz with some salad spritzer honey mustard and add a TON of seasoning to them and throw in the microwave for a "casserole" type dish. I love it because I feel like I'm eating something a little heartier. I find if I grill the meat or crockpot the meat with a bunch of seasonings, that helps too.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #231  

Height: 5'6

Quote:

A long time ago when I started the plan I was overwhelmed too. Try some pan sauteed squash and zucchini. If you boil or steam everything it gets sooo boring after awhile. We also tend to stick away from salads because they have to be soooo big. But try some "heavier" veges like squash and it isn't as much as say a "lighter weight" vege like lettuce.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #232  
dla
Denise

Thanks...the thought of more raw veggies makes me sick!! I'll try both of your ideas!
Old 08-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #233  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Hiddy Ho all you loosers Quick question. I have yet to turn a pee stick pink. I understand that means you are in ketosis and burning fat. One of the councelors at my center said not everyone goes into ketosis, or the stick does not show it!?!? any thoughts???

Last edited by theycallmemom; 08-09-2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling errors - lol
Old 08-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #234  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmemom View Post
Hiddy Ho all you loosers Quick question. I have yet to turn a pee stick pink. I understand that means you are in ketosis and burning fat. One of the councelors at my center said not everyone goes into ketosis, or the stick does not show it!?!? any thoughts???
Me either. When I was on MRC 6 years ago, I never did either. I keep trying though!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'8

Well....I made the call today. Have the consultation on Monday. I am very excited to start my journey towards healthy. My sister started the program a couple of weeks ago, she is a Type I diabetic and it is working for her, so that is giving me the push I needed to go for it. I am very nervous about the cost and the commitment this is going to take, but I am tired of looking in the mirror and not liking what I see....so here goes.

By the way, this blog is great! You ladies are an inspiration. I am going to tell the sis about it for sure.

Wish me luck!
Old 08-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:

I like to grill zucchini/squash using olive oil and a cajun seasoning. Also, I sautee frozen green beans in olive oil and garlic a lot. I sometimes add a dash of low sodium soy sauce...but just a dash! This works well for zucchini/squash or frozen okra, too.

Are you weighing your veggies? The green salads seem less painful if you start with a good base of lettuce and add heavier stuff like cucumbers, tomatoes and squash to get the full 8 oz.

Another favorite of mine--and this is fast and simple--is to cut up a combined 8 oz of cucumber (peeled) and tomato and mix with rice vinegar. I do that at lunch quite often.

Finally, I have not yet tried this, but I got the recipe online ("Olive Oil Roasted Eggplant with Lemon" found at allrecipes.com) and it seems easy enough. Quarter an eggplant lengthwise, place on baking sheet with skin down, brush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until soft and golden brown. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve hot. I intend to try this one as soon as I can round up another eggplant.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #237  
dla
Denise

Thanks Stuck.

I am weighing everything that I am eating.

Your ideas are fantastic. I have a mental thing against squash and zucchini, but everyone here seems to like it. I can't honestly say that I have tried it in fifteen or more years. I think I will give it a go.

What I am finding is that I am lazy when it comes to cooking. I would hope that I could saute something. The baked eggplant actually sounds pretty good as well.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #238  
dla
Denise

My center said that you wouldn't be in ketosis for 2 - 3 weeks after starting the program and that they don't recommended using the pee stick until then.

I was so confused, because I swear they told me you had to use it on your first five visits.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Your ideas are fantastic. I have a mental thing against squash and zucchini, but everyone here seems to like it. I can't honestly say that I have tried it in fifteen or more years. I think I will give it a go.

What I am finding is that I am lazy when it comes to cooking. I would hope that I could saute something. The baked eggplant actually sounds pretty good as well.
I know what you mean about the squash. When I was growing up, we ate canned green beans and canned spinach. When squash was in season, though, we had a lot of squash microwaved in bowl of butter. I HATED squash until I got old enough to have my own kitchen and realized it could be cooked other ways and didn't have to be mushy. Just in case my mom ever finds this thread, I should throw out there that sometimes we also had broccoli with cheese melted over it.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #240  

Height: 5'5

Another veggie idea is to put it in a foil packet and throw it on the grill or oven. I like to take mushrooms, squash and zucchini and put it in a foil packet with some ff italian dressing. Cook until the consistancy that you like...this works for just about any veggie...this is one my whole family likes

Congrats to everyone with the great losses...I've been fighting tiredness and headaches the past couple of days...thats what I get for going back to work :P Anyway, I know that I just need to rest up and get back into the routine, just easier said than done with two kids! Have a great weekend, I'm hoping to be a bit more active next week!
Closed Thread