Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #376  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Slippery slope

WI today and no loss, and I know the reason why...I've been cheating and thought I could get away with it.

My weakness is Starbucks, so I've been nipping at the Chai, one tall cup once a weekend for the past three weeks. Well, for the first couple of weeks, I kept losing. Last week I had three Chais and guess what happens at WI today. NOTHING! And it's my own fault.

I am so close to goal, so why in the h*ll am I not following the rules??? I'm scheduled for stabilization on the 23rd, so have to get my act together and lose those last few pounds. Guess I need to really focus on what I know works and not try to believe I can get away with a few discretions. I was one of those who didn't cheat at all for the first three months, so have really self-sabotaged myself now and for no good reason other than I thought I wouldn't get caught. Well, I did.

Crystal, can you give me back that swift kick in the @ss? And if Crystal's not around, I'll take the swift kick from any of you

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 08-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Meemo That's great news! I might see you over there sometime then. The new manager has worked really hard to get that center in shape & I see improvement all the time. Did you see your friend that works there?

OK--Those of you who are taking MAC Do you like it and why? The reason I am asking is my center doesn't carry it--apparently they have been trying but I don't know the whys of the situation. However, next week, I am driving back and forth to Atlanta AND will be driving through Auburn. If I can get it there, I will stop. So, is it good? I seem to have a hungry period right around 4pm.

AND if anyone from the Auburn center is reading this, is that office near 85?

Thanks for the help!
Just started MAC yesterday, and feel just like I did when taking the enhancer. Works well so far on the appetite... Who knows on the metabolism.
No probs with the cayenne and the tummy like Shenanigan's and others have said.

The Auburn, AL center is about .5 mile from the 57 exit on 85. Just turn right on Glenn (it turns into Fredrick road right there) and then take your next left onto Skyway Drive, then it is in the first complex on the right.

You stopping by?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #378  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Shannon - yes they travel between the centers (Liberty, Lees Summit and Overland Park (Leawood) The girl you spoke of sounds like Alicia from Leawood and she has not been in the office for a couple of weeks so must be at one of the other centers. My experience with her was for her to lean back in her chair and cross her arms and proceed to lecture me. I have kids older then her so it fell some what flat with me. I don't come into my WI to be brow beat by a teenager who has likely never known what it was like to battle with weight gain. If she turns sideways you can't see her and I doubt that has ever been any different for her. Regardless I provided her my response of you know I'm in this to make life changes I'm not perfect and I never will be. It was a most frustrating visit and I didn't go back for 2 weeks. If I go in and she is my my councelor I will likely have to come back at a later date.
I didn't know they traveled! I like Brooke. This "mean" girl has dark hair, is dark complected, and isn't all that skinny. She might be a size 8. (Not that I wouldn't LOVE to be a size 8!) Ill have to check out her name when I go in on Friday. I like your response!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #379  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
Just started MAC yesterday, and feel just like I did when taking the enhancer. Works well so far on the appetite... Who knows on the metabolism.

The Auburn, AL center is about .5 mile from the 57 exit on 85. Just turn right on Glenn (it turns into Fredrick road right there) and then take your next left onto Skyway Drive, then it is in the first complex on the right.

You stopping by?
Actually, my heartburn went away after about 2 days. No side effects now!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:12 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 264.5/258.9/150

Height: 5 '4'

My center in Lee Summit does not have MAC at least I don't think so. Anyway what does it do? I may go to another center in the KC area and get some if people have good luck with it and not to mention it is cheaper!!!!

Off to go camping for two days with my husband and our boys. Hoping to stay OP.

Have a good couple of days and I am sure I will have a lot to catch up on.

Oh.. one more question? How do I update my tracker?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #381  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattrimmer View Post
My center in Lee Summit does not have MAC at least I don't think so. Anyway what does it do? I may go to another center in the KC area and get some if people have good luck with it and not to mention it is cheaper!!!!

Off to go camping for two days with my husband and our boys. Hoping to stay OP.

Have a good couple of days and I am sure I will have a lot to catch up on.

Oh.. one more question? How do I update my tracker?
I think I like it better than the All-Day. The center said they like to switch it up every month and will probably want to put me back on All Day or the Enhancer next. But it may just be because I have been back on a more normal schedule the last few days. SO I am not just sitting around thinking about food!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #382  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the votes of confidence - it really was fun to do. I feel re-energized and ready to go for the last 2 lbs, then it's onto stabilization. I got to go to the stabilization class last night - I'm so excited. It was hysterical taking the after picture - they have you stand in this totally awkward position. But, it did look good. I'll have to see if they can e-mail me the photo so I can post it on-line. I also saved my starting dress and they got a picture of me "wearing" it - I could fit two of me in there It was a fun prop to use for the class too. I had it folded over and pinned at the side (busy print, so it wasn't very noticeable). Half way through my talk I unpinned it and held it out, then let it drop to the floor - I got just the response I was looking for. Ok, I need to bring myself down - I'm still on a little bit of a speaking high

thelish - Oh, how I remember that first day of kindergarten. At least you were able to identify that the pizza was an emotional response. It's only a 3 day set back. I'm glad to hear you are making a quick U-turn! Judy, here's a loving kick for you :kick: I hit a period where I was doing little cheats - I think I stalled myself for almost 6 weeks with very little loss until I wised up and realized I couldn't get away with it. Overall, I was eating on plan, it was just little things - each little thing set me back 3 days. I as perfect OP for so long, then I got away with a few cheats and thought I could do more. Wish it didn't take me so long to get it! I wouldn't have had to re-sign - twice! Welcome to all the new people and congratulations on all the losses. There has been some great activity on here lately.

Last edited by ShineOn; 08-12-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:32 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'8

Default You Rock!

ShineOn-

As a person just starting out and dishing out the big bucks to embark into the world of MRC you are an inspiration! Your before and after pics are really amazing. You have done yourself, and all the rest of the dieters who are trying to make weight loss a reality, proud! Rock on!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #384  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post

You stopping by?
Thank you! I am going to call the Auburn office and see if they will let me buy it from them. I called our center today and asked if they were going to carry it. Now, I don't know the whole story but the counselor I got on the phone told me that MAC is going to be discontinued and there is going to be something new in its place. Apparently they had gotten an email about this yesterday. I will WI on Thursday & see if I can find out some more information.
Thanks for the directions--I went to AU but don't go back frequently enough to still know what's there! But it's right on the way from Ft Walton Beach to Atlanta so easy enough to stop off there.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #385  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
WI today and no loss, and I know the reason why...I've been cheating and thought I could get away with it.
Judy
Gma to 4
OK Judy---turn it around! You are SOOOOO CLOSE to your goal--just 8 pounds. I am guilty of the very same feelings that you are having so just stay away from Starbucks for a little bit longer!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:05 AM   #386  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingSvelteness View Post
ShineOn-

As a person just starting out and dishing out the big bucks to embark into the world of MRC you are an inspiration! Your before and after pics are really amazing. You have done yourself, and all the rest of the dieters who are trying to make weight loss a reality, proud! Rock on!
Wow, thank you!

Ok, I think I figured out the blog and posted my story on there. I'll work on the photo's tomorrow.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:23 AM   #387  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Wow, thank you!

Ok, I think I figured out the blog and posted my story on there. I'll work on the photo's tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing with those of us who couldn't be there - that was great to read, and I'm sure it was even better in person.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:26 AM   #388  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Gina...ohhhhhhhh, what an inspiration you are! Thank you sooooooooo much for sharing! You really make me want to keep on going! Be proud!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:22 AM   #389  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Gina - Thank you for the ice cream tips and THANK YOU for sharing your story. You hit home on alot of points, I'm glad you shared. My uncle just had a kidney transplant last week as a result of diabetes, it is my families curse and certainly something that was on my list of fears. I remember all the thoughts around wanting to cross my legs comfortably and although I can not speak of fitting in a seat I can speak of my seat belt in the car now fitting me comfortably enough that it doesn't ride up around my neck. And to think I thought it was just the way the car was made

Shannon - Brooke is not one I am familiar with, the one I speak of must be a size -0, very very skinny and hair as black as coal. I think the fact that at 20 and a -0 I didn't feel she was qualified to reprimand me. Let's just say it was not a motivating approach to me. My favorite girl is Kathy, she is amazing, we just really click, she understands and has a way of making me better focused mentally to stay OP. Her and all the folks on here are my saving grace.

FINZ
- I started taking the MAC this week and the differences I see are the metalic taste is back (I hear this is a sign of ketosis), I have not had a WI at the center since I started taking it on Monday but I like what I see on the home scale, showing 156 this morning. The one thing I don't care for is that instead of taking the MAC with the rest of your supplements (pills) you take this inbetween meals and you take 2 each time. Last night I was unusually hungry not sure why, time will tell if this appetite suppressant part of it is as good as Hoodia.

Fattrimmer - the Overland Park ( I think they call it Leawood) center located at 435 and Metcalf has the MAC, maybe if they have someone coming from that office to your office you could purchase it and have them bring it to your center. I know Kathy travels to the Lees Summit office from time to time.

G Ma - today is a new day and whole new set of opportunities, you're so close.

TheLish - I struggle when my routine is upset, I seem to do better when I'm working then when I am off for the day or working from home. It is something I recognize so have to put forth additional effort on those days when I am not at the office. You can do it, you might even find it's easier.

MOM OF BOYS WHERE ARE YOU? Waiting to hear how your trip to Sturgis went?

Everyone have a great OP day!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #390  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Gina - is there a recipe for the death by chocolate? I did a search on the recipe thread and was unable to locate it.
Closed Thread