Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #301  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Hello everyone Hope yall had a good OP weekend, I did really good on Sat and Sunday was a miss up, I got up late and I did my drink & pills but I don't think I was on OP.

But me and the girls did a lot of dancing trying to learn a dance to teach my cheerleaders to Footloose... that was fun.... Ill see how I did Monday @ WI.

Let me asked this after reading some post, this maintenance deal, how close do u have to be? and if your not there you have to re sign up?
Old 08-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #302  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintainforlife View Post
Back from a long emotional weekend out of town(details another time, anyway...what a difference three days makes! Okay...I really did try to read through all posts dealing with the drinks. But...still have a question?...Why use the concentrates...okay seriously...I get liquid vs. powder...convenience?...I guess...but, are they really the same nutrient wise? And...I think I understand that they are to keep our metabolism consistant...right? Not feeling like a Rocket Scientist right now..help me be smarter...or more smart, please!
When I 1st started I did the powdered, I did not know there was concentrates until about 3 weeks in I got a box by accident and I will not go back the powdered, I can put the concentrates in my water bottle,

Last edited by JSTUCKLY; 08-11-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: forgot the spell ck
Old 08-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'8

Default I am right there with you!

[QUOTE=Austons Mom;2309541]I've been going back and reading as much as I can. I'm fairly message board "literate", so I'm getting the hang of things quick. My biggest problem is that I don't have a center within 100 miles of me. It would be a 2 hr drive to the nearest one... So I'm attempting to do it on my own, with the help of my mom and sister who are also on it, and coaching me. They live in another state.

I will be starting this coming week too....and I will be doing it all via email and phone....so I think we have a big challenge ahead of us!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:16 PM   #304  
Shannon

Quote:
Back from a long emotional weekend out of town(details another time, anyway...what a difference three days makes! Okay...I really did try to read through all posts dealing with the drinks. But...still have a question?...Why use the concentrates...okay seriously...I get liquid vs. powder...convenience?...I guess...but, are they really the same nutrient wise? And...I think I understand that they are to keep our metabolism consistant...right? Not feeling like a Rocket Scientist right now..help me be smarter...or more smart, please!
I like the flavoring and the consistency of the concentrates better than the powders. The only powder I still buy is the lemon because I like to mix it in my raspberry and tangerine sodas. I think you'll like the concentrates. No lumps!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #305  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Why use the concentrates...okay seriously...I get liquid vs. powder...convenience?...I guess...but, are they really the same nutrient wise? And...I think I understand that they are to keep our metabolism consistant...right?
Part of the the reason some people prefer the concentrates is convenience - they do mix more easily. Also, most if not all the concentrates are made with Splenda instead of aspartame, and some people prefer to use splenda over aspartame. Nutritionwise yes, they're the same. Personally, I wasn't crazy about the concentrates, tried them but ended up sticking mostly with the powdered. I used my Tupperware shaker to mix them up.
The protein in the drinks help keep metabolism going, help keep us from burning muscle instead of fat, and help keep us from getting hungry.

Last edited by Meemo; 08-10-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #306  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Let me asked this after reading some post, this maintenance deal, how close do u have to be? and if your not there you have to re sign up?
There's probably a little variation between centers, but once you're within 5 lbs or so of your goal weight you can start stabilization, which is a 6 week program where you gradually add some foods back in week by week. Most people lose another 5-7 lbs during stabilization. I think whether you have to sign up for another stint depends on how close you are - sometimes I think they'll let you eat into your year of maintenance if you're really close - like 10 lbs or so from goal. In your case you shouldn't have any trouble losing on time, assuming you signed up for 17 weeks. Let that be your incentive to stay on program - you don't want to have to re-sign!

Now having said all that, sometimes they'll adjust your goal weight a little lower if your body fat percentage isn't close enough to the healthy range.

Last edited by Meemo; 08-11-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:02 AM   #307  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Ahhh...I was on the right path of understanding the drinks...but all of your input has made it "all" much clearer! As usual! You "all" are the best! Thanks...so...of course, one more question ...I've been drinking 2 drinks a day...and still losing...2 more lbs...a total of 16 already...would you add one more drink a day...or "wait" until the "weight" loss slows down?
Old 08-11-2008, 02:24 AM   #308  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

SeekingSvelteness I too...am on this program by phone! Picking the center to work out of was tricky for me...but...once I made that decision...the rest was easy! My counselor is wonderful, very attentive and informative...and motivating...but the best part of all of it...is having this forum! The support and input...is a gift......join in...it's soooo worth the ride...to being healthy...and meeting new friends while you're at it!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #309  
Em

Quote:
Ahhh...I was on the right path of understanding the drinks...but all of your input has made it "all" much clearer! As usual! You "all" are the best! Thanks...so...of course, one more question ...I've been drinking 2 drinks a day...and still losing...2 more lbs...a total of 16 already...would you add one more drink a day...or "wait" until the "weight" loss slows down?
Personally I stuck with the minimum 2/day, saved money & gave me the option of adding one or two when I hit a plateau. But that was just me.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #310  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Guess what I did yesterday?!

I went to Elitch Gardens in Denver.... and rode on the roller coasters! It was one of my freedoms, and I fit in all of them.... no problem! We had a blast. The weather was perfect, the family was in good spirits, the lines were short (no more than a 5 minute wait) and tickets were 1/2 price!

So much fun!!!!!!!
Way to go Denise!!! I am so proud of you. I know you were feeling great riding all those rides. Fitting in seats at the amusement parks was one of my freedoms also! The first time I went and rode with my kids, was so euphoric! It was an awesome feeling!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #311  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

I am soo behind..I can't even try to read all the posts. I have been out of town over the weekend, and was super busy last week. I think I am just going to jump back in from where you all are right now.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #312  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Personally I stuck with the minimum 2/day, saved money & gave me the option of adding one or two when I hit a plateau. But that was just me.

My center told me to do at lest 3 a day with a max of 5, I am not sure if it helps in not, At 1st when I did 3 a day I would lose about 1.5 -2 pounds @ WI, now with the 4-5 a day it seams it is hard for me to lose?

I was thinking it could have been the hard cheese so I cut it out last week and I did lose 2 pounds after being stuck so we will see what today brings,

Meemo when do u do your drinks? Doing 5 a day is not cheap, only 7 or in a pk and If I could cut them back I would love to. Do u know if it would miss me me up to drop down?

Thanks

Last edited by JSTUCKLY; 08-11-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #313  
Shannon

Quote:
My center told me to drink at least 2 per day. But I could max out at 4. The two I am required to drink are listed on my menu with breakfast and lunch. The other two say "optional". I am pretty much drinking 4 a day. I have this huge hunger issue! I think i may be a football player trapped in a 40 ear old woman's body!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:03 AM   #314  
One Meal At A Time

After reading my menu I can have 1 drink at breakfast and 1 at lunch I am going to try that this week and see how I like it

Shannon: Funny about the football player, I feel like that sometimes,
Old 08-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #315  

Height: 5'3"

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's hungry. My sister apparently isn't, and acts like it's totally abnormal that I am! I can't wait until my next meal. Drinking the max amount of HNS and fiber drinks doesn't seem to make a difference either.
Closed Thread