Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #106  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
MrsPhibes, It must have been awesome to see France via bicycle. Hope you will post a favorite pic from your trip. How often do you go for a bike "ride"? That's a lot of calories burned. I just found out that I have a little arthritis in my knees. Nothing causing pain yet, but I do have a little stiffness. As Namaste would say, "It is what it is." An orthopedic surgeon recommended not to run. Then told me to get the half marathon out of my system, then go to non impact aerobics like bicycling. I currently ride my bike to work a couple of times on my workweek. It's about 9.4 miles each way. I also went on a 2.5 hour bike ride with a fellow pharmacist last month. Part of that ride had a fairly steep grade for 4 to 5 miles straight. It was fun coming down. Keep us posted on your future rides.
If you want updates that would be almost a daily thing (today 33 miles). But I won't bore you with the "smaller" under 40 mile rides. Next weekend DH and I are doing an organized ride called the Cider Mill Century. Although we are doing a smaller mileage option (50 or 70) because of the heat (it will probably be in the 90's or higher).

If you want to get into cycling find a bike club near you that has rides. You will learn a lot and find great routes with maps and others of your ability to ride with.

If anyone is interested in seeing some photos of our trip to Normandy France we've put some online at the following link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/tinman30...NormandyPhotos

I will try to post a couple of photos on my profile soon.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #107  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Bonnie What Beautiful pictures!!! Waht an awesome experience - thanks for sharing
Old 07-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #108  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Bonnie Wow--great photos--and you look wonderful!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #109  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
If anyone is interested in seeing some photos of our trip to Normandy France we've put some online at the following link:

Breathtaking. I don't even know what to say. I'm amazed by the beauty you were able to bring forward in the pictures, which tells me I can only imagine how wonderful it must have been in person.

Thank you for sharing!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #110  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Oh Bonnie how wonderful! Thank you for sharing, that made my night! May I ask what kind of camera did you use? Some of the architecture reminded me of when I went to Montreal, but even more beautiful and wonderful. I think I must put France on my bucket list now lol.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:44 AM   #111  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

What wonderful photos, Bonnie - thanks for sharing! What a wonderful trip you had!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #112  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Oh Bonnie how wonderful! Thank you for sharing, that made my night! May I ask what kind of camera did you use? Some of the architecture reminded me of when I went to Montreal, but even more beautiful and wonderful. I think I must put France on my bucket list now lol.
Thanks all for the wonderful compliments on the photos. Yes, it was a trip to remember for sure. The camera is a small Olympus point and shoot Stylus 600. It's about 3 years old so it's probably not made anymore but I'm sure they make one that's even better and less expensive. I chose it because it was small and can fit into my cycling jersey back pocket.

Lance Armstrong's first book was called, "It's Not About the Bike" and I think that it's not really about the camera. It's about what's important to you and the way you interpret it.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 AM   #113  
Shannon

Quote:
If you want updates that would be almost a daily thing (today 33 miles). But I won't bore you with the "smaller" under 40 mile rides. Next weekend DH and I are doing an organized ride called the Cider Mill Century. Although we are doing a smaller mileage option (50 or 70) because of the heat (it will probably be in the 90's or higher).

If you want to get into cycling find a bike club near you that has rides. You will learn a lot and find great routes with maps and others of your ability to ride with.

Beautiful! My friends are there now following the Tour. I am so jealous!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:52 AM   #114  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Wish me luck I am going to WI today and I think I did really good staying OP. It was hard we went to the in laws this weekend and all they do is eat (never on time, lunch could be 2pm dinner @ 9pm) But I think I did really good. We will see
Old 07-28-2008, 09:54 AM   #115  
Cristine

S/C/G: 168/158/140

Height: 5'5"

MrsPhibes-

Wow- amazing photos- what an experience. Thank you for sharing them with us.

You have quite an eye for photography, by the way. They looked very professional!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #116  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Goodmorning all !

Bonnie- Loved all the photos , thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone has a good monday ,i will ck in later
Old 07-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #117  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Jstuckly- GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Thumbs up Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Wish me luck I am going to WI today and I think I did really good staying OP. It was hard we went to the in laws this weekend and all they do is eat (never on time, lunch could be 2pm dinner @ 9pm) But I think I did really good. We will see
GOOD LUCK!

I WI either today, if I have time, or tomorrow. Will be day 15 on the plan (well, I consider it day 31, since I was on the pre-diet 16 days - ugh!), so they tell me after 2 weeks that take measurements again.

Very curious to see what I have lost in inches. My 2 buddies are a couple weeks ahead of me, one has lost 12lbs and 4.5" inches, the other has lost 12lbs and 17.5". Sure tells you some people are just different than others. We are all 3 in the 250-280 range, and all of us need to lose between 40-60lbs.

Friday night I did a no-no and ate some of my mom's hamburger gravy over noodles. The wifey has been sick, and she brought it over for us. Very good, and very off plan. Hopefully no gains from it today.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:41 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 234/234/138

Height: 5'7"

Default confused

I started the program Sunday 07/28/08 and I am not sure about all the supplements to take..when I signed up last week and bought the liquid minerals, enhancer, mrc6, flax seed oil and when I went for my food class Friday they had this special and in it was the cordi trim, b6, b12, triphala, and cleanser.. not sure what to do with all of them...i know the cordi trim I take 3 times a day as the enhancer, etc. Can anyone tell me how they take all these supplements and if they think they really help? Thank you so much for your help. Deborah
Old 07-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

The center really should have reviewed when to take the supplements, and how much of each. For me, they not only told me, but wrote it down on the top of each bottle: 2B, 2L, 2D as an example, telling me 2 at Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.

Ok, FOR ME:

Flaxseed, 2 at each meal, then 3 after the 2nd week.
MRC6- 2 at each meal
Cortitrim - 2 at each meal
Multivitamin - 1 at each meal
CoQ10 - 1 at Breakfast and Lunch

The MRC6 has B6, and the multi should have both I believe, so not sure when to take those. Probably take the B6 in the morning, since it can decrease water retension, and you don't want to pee all night. The cortitrim I only take at B/L, since it has bitter orange root, which is a caffine like herb.
Closed Thread