Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:14 PM   #211  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post
I need the "skinny" on exercising. (Ha! Ha! Aren't I funny?)
How frequently do most of you exercise? Did you exercise a lot in the beginning? I am on Day 16 & currently walking 1 mile 3-4 times a week.
If you added exercise - what type/how often & did you see a difference in the scale?
I know "everyone is different' - I just want to hear your experiences to help me make a decision.

[/FONT]
When I was in the weight loss phase I was walking 3 miles 6 days a week. I'd been walking the same route on & off for a few years - I just committed myself to doing it 6 days a week when I started MRC. After a couple of months I added some weight training, just upper body with light weights.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:17 PM   #212  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
GMA: We may have a tie as far as age goes. Meemo, and I are both "senior" members. I was born in 1950... check out my white hair in the photos.
Mine would be pretty white too without the skills of the lovely Connie, who colors my hair every 6 weeks.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #213  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
There are SO many posts to catch up on.... I'm going to have to check through tomorrow, but in the meantime.... Congrats to all the big losers out there! You all are doing great!

I weighed in tonight and got to sign the 120lb board! WHOA!

Have a AMAZING night!

Denise
Denise, you continue to be AWESOME!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #214  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Have a AMAZING night!

Denise
Denise: Fantastic job on the 120 lb board! I'll look for your signature on the board next time I go in. I took my 8 year-old grandson with me to WI today, hoping I'd get to the 35 lb board so he could sign my name, but I was 1 lb short! He did get excited when they rang the bell, plus he got to put my name in for the drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I bet we're close to the same age - I might have you beat! (I'm 56, soon to be 57...). Age does make a difference. Sounds like you're right on schedule!
Meemo & Mrs. Phibes: I do have you both beat. I was born in Dec. 1949. Damn, that makes me feel ancient but I don't feel that old on the inside. Guess I'm definitely not a spring .

My husband and I will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary this September. That was one of my main goals for joining MRC.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 07-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 221.5/200/160

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
One of Shenanigan's big issues is that she's hungry so much of the time - that's why I suggested she try the hoodia. A thermogenic might just make her even hungrier if it really works in boosting her metabolism & burns the calories she eats even faster.
Lol, I must have skimmed too quickly over her post...
Hoodia is great for appetite suppressing!! I just like the fact that the MAC helps control the appetite and boost metabolism... Thanks for the input!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:03 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:

Have a AMAZING night!
Wow, Denise! You ROCK!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:11 PM   #217  
Shannon

Quote:
There are SO many posts to catch up on.... I'm going to have to check through tomorrow, but in the meantime.... Congrats to all the big losers out there! You all are doing great!

Have a AMAZING night!

Denise
Namaste
Yipee for you!!!! I am so proud!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 PM   #218  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Judy, Meemo, Mrs. Phibes - OK... You 3 ladies that are claiming to be the oldest on here have all really suprised me, because I wouldn't have guessed any of you to be the ages as you are saying... You all are beautiful...! I woulda guessed late 40's...maybe 50...

Denise - YOU ARE AWE-INSPIRING! 120 pounds...that's my daughter's weight...you've lost a teenager!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

S.I.G.S - You've already almost lost 30 pounds! You're doing great!!!!!!

Jennifer & Sharon - You gals are SOOO awesome! We started this together and look how well you both have done!!!! YAY!!!! That's it! I have got to "Get With the Program!!!"

Goal4Life & ShineOn - You two continue to amaze me! I definately need some of your willpower tossed my way.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 07-29-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
S.I.G.S - You've already almost lost 30 pounds! You're doing great!!!!!!
I was sitting here wondering who S.I.G.S. was, then I realized that's ME! LOL! July was pretty rocky for me with all my trips home, so thanks so much for the boost of confidence! I realized yesterday that I am about five lbs away from being the weight I was when I graduated from college. That's pretty cool, huh? I need to find someone with a camera so I can update my Avatar pic.

I'm glad to see you and Sharon back on the board. I was missing you! Also, where the heck are Angierue, 3MonkeysMomma, and Ms. Gigi? Come back, come back wherever you are!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #220  

Wow Denise!! You rock. Sharon -- nice to hear from you. Xquisit -- glad you were just busy, and are still around.

I'm a mid-50's too ... and it's not old - really! (lol)

Exercising ... haven't done it -- had both hips replaced a year ago, will have a knee scope 8/25 and need both knees replaced as well, but will put that off as long as possible. Am I the one who said I'm not old??? Yeah, right......

When I was doing program religiously, I was losing 2.5-3 per week after the initial couple weeks of larger losses. I just recommitted last week to work the program and finish up, and lost 4# the first 5 days. I know it will slow down now, but I also know it will work as long as I hang in there and finish.

Just received my dietdirect order today, and so happy to have some variety -- flavors my center doesn't carry, but are the same in nutritional value. I do think bariatricchoice and dietdirect are the same -- their websites are identical, as are prices, etc.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:22 AM   #221  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone for thinking of me! I have missed ya'll too! Glad to have some time to post!

Denise...WOW...120lbs.....You are literally melting away! Congrats!!

I am aggravated with my center. It seems everytime I go in they have a new trainee...All of my favorite counselors are gone!!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:04 AM   #222  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Whew...never thought I'd get back here! So amazing to see the wonderful results so many of you are having. I started pre-conditioning and was almost finished before everything came in the mail to "officially" start the diet! Have to say though, I was thrilled! There is no question, all of your comments, advice, and insights throughout the threads have made me feel sooooooooooo prepared! I know how important all of you will be to me and my success...you are my "center." My counselor seems great though. I'm looking forward to her educating me too! I might add that I too am in my 50's! In fact I will hit double nickels in September. Knowing that, you'd think I'd be a pro at this diet thing! There are a few concepts I've learned over the years, positive attitude is huge...a doctor scare helps ...and being more mature (hmmm...not so much...maybe just older)...one realizes that you only get to be on this path once...ya might as well do it right. So, after about 35 years of trying...this one is gonna be it! It did help today that when I weighed myself I cheered so loud that I woke everyone in the house up! I weighed 185...that's 9lbs!! Go figure...I never thought 185 would make me sooooo happy! Okay...enough of me...obviously the time away hasn't left me speechless! Sweet dreams everyone...and thank you again!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:42 AM   #223  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
I bet we're close to the same age - I might have you beat! (I'm 56, soon to be 57...). Age does make a difference. Sounds like you're right on schedule!
58 here will be 59 in April.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:49 AM   #224  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Denise: Fantastic job on the 120 lb board! I'll look for your signature on the board next time I go in. I took my 8 year-old grandson with me to WI today, hoping I'd get to the 35 lb board so he could sign my name, but I was 1 lb short! He did get excited when they rang the bell, plus he got to put my name in for the drawing.

Meemo & Mrs. Phibes: I do have you both beat. I was born in Dec. 1949. Damn, that makes me feel ancient but I don't feel that old on the inside. Guess I'm definitely not a spring .

My husband and I will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary this September. That was one of my main goals for joining MRC.

Judy
Gma to 4
Wow 40 years. What's the gift for 40? Congratulations.

My first goal was to lose weight for biking and that worked out great. My second reason was that I have my 40th high school reunion in September and I wanted to look "similar" weight-wise as high school. At 20 pounds heavier that's not going to happen but I be I look better than some of the others.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:58 AM   #225  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post
I need the "skinny" on exercising. (Ha! Ha! Aren't I funny?)
How frequently do most of you exercise? Did you exercise a lot in the beginning? I am on Day 16 & currently walking 1 mile 3-4 times a week.
If you added exercise - what type/how often & did you see a difference in the scale?
I know "everyone is different' - I just want to hear your experiences to help me make a decision.

Does anyone jazzercise?
Presently I am not doing any exercise aside from the occasional 15-20 minute walk. I know I would be losing more if I did though, so I'm hoping to start once I get back from my trip.
Closed Thread