Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #91  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
shenanigan - LOL! I'm just making it up as I go! I'm on day 2, so I don't have any advice to give I was watching the people on the treadmill as I ran by. I think if I was on a machine, I'd definately give up a lot earlier. It's a little easier to push myself when I'm half way around the gym and would have to walk back anyway. I did like having the music today, I seemed to pick up with the beat of the song. I had decided I was done and my favorite song came on - I just smiled and ran another lap. Although, if I sit for more than a couple minutes, I feel 90 years old when I get up and try to walk. I've been stretching all day!

MrsPhibes - I love to swim and I finally got a bathing suit that fits again! I was thinking about trying that tomorrow - might be a little easier on my sore body.

Countrymomma - Just stick to the basics or the cost does run up. I don't really feel like I've spent that much. The intitial cost was less than a doctors apt. The amount I spend on HNS is made up for on the amount of money I save on groceries and meals out. This really is an investment in your health, so don't feel bad - when you really look at the others areas you are saving in - your health is priceless!
you are doing a great job running. I have NIKE shox....i think they are suppose to connect to ipods or something. i haven't tried it...not sure how to. I try running with my husband sometimes and i feel like i am dying...there is suppose to be a runners high that i have not yet discovered...i really need to be consistant...you are motivating me to try again.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #92  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

shineonI just looked at your before and after pics...amazing...what a difference...i know you are proud of yourself.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:28 AM   #93  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

MrsPhibes, It must have been awesome to see France via bicycle. Hope you will post a favorite pic from your trip. How often do you go for a bike "ride"? That's a lot of calories burned. I just found out that I have a little arthritis in my knees. Nothing causing pain yet, but I do have a little stiffness. As Namaste would say, "It is what it is." An orthopedic surgeon recommended not to run. Then told me to get the half marathon out of my system, then go to non impact aerobics like bicycling. I currently ride my bike to work a couple of times on my workweek. It's about 9.4 miles each way. I also went on a 2.5 hour bike ride with a fellow pharmacist last month. Part of that ride had a fairly steep grade for 4 to 5 miles straight. It was fun coming down. Keep us posted on your future rides.

Gina, Gina, Gina, I had a great visual of you going around the track with a BIG grin on your face. I bet you couldn't imagine doing this a year ago. It really doesn't take long to progress to longer distances. Just make sure you listen to your body and don't over do it. It's only been 2.5 months since I started running. I love the Freedom I feel. Do you still use your Gazelle? I don't really use mine very much since the weather is warmer.

Well, I DID IT!!! I ran 10 miles this morning. It took me 2 hours, but I did it! The last couple of miles I couldn't get ShineON's BIG grin out of my mind. I probably had a big grin on my face as well.
A half marathon is 13.1 miles. I will try a 12 mile run in a couple of weeks. Did that really come out of my mouth? OK
Old 07-27-2008, 12:50 AM   #94  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Can anyone tell me what the coupon code for some of these site is (to save 10%) ?? I remember reading it once but can't seem to find it now. Thanks
When I placed my order with Bariatric Choice they gave me the code... I think I had to click on a link to view them, but they were there for sure I remember that... a page popped up and it said something like 'save 10% for orders over $99, enter save10' or something like that. So then I entered that on the order page and hit enter or something and the page refreshed and it gave me the 10% off before I proceeded to the payment page. Sorry I couldn't give better directions that's all I can remember lol.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:17 AM   #95  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
On the diet direct website it has this:

Order $99 or more and Save 10%!
Use Coupon Code SAVEME10 during checkout.

Order $399 or more and Save 15%!
Use Coupon Code SAVEME15 during checkout.

Order $899 and or more and Save 20%!
Use Coupon Code SAVEME20 during checkout.

FREE Shipping on orders over $79!
Yeah those look like the same codes for bariatricchoice.com. And I got the free sample pack. I wonder if they are the same company lol.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #96  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Yeah those look like the same codes for bariatricchoice.com. And I got the free sample pack. I wonder if they are the same company lol.
I just took a look and they are the same company--both have the same address in North Carolina!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #97  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
When I placed my order with Bariatric Choice they gave me the code... I think I had to click on a link to view them, but they were there for sure I remember that... a page popped up and it said something like 'save 10% for orders over $99, enter save10' or something like that. So then I entered that on the order page and hit enter or something and the page refreshed and it gave me the 10% off before I proceeded to the payment page. Sorry I couldn't give better directions that's all I can remember lol.

Thanks - funny that Finz say they have the same address therefore the same company! I think I'll be ordering some HNS tomorrow....I need to save a buck or two.

Well here is another visual for everyone today. I kept trying to make time to use the Wii Fit - but never could. But after a late-ish supper I decided it would be a great time to mow the yard since it was cooler, and it could count as some excercise too! By the time I got outside, dead-headed some flowers, did some weed-eating....I realize "Wow - it's gonna be getting dark soon" So I finally get started mowing and keep getting interupped (neighbors stopping to chat, phone calls my son is SURE I need to take, etc) So anyway I'm on the backyard and it's starting to get dark - FAST....so I start going faster and faster till I'm nearly running with that dang mower trying to get it all done before night fall! I did manage to finish mowing, but I'm sweating and all out of breath by this time - and I'm sure I saw some of my neighbors peeking out their windows at me laughing! I'm afraid to go look at the yard this morning to see how bad it looks, cause I'm bound to have missed a bunch seeing how it was dark! Oh well - I guess I managed to finally get my excercise in! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #98  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning One and All,

We are now back from vacation, lessons learned, it is very difficult to stay OP living out of a cooler. I think I did the best I could under the circumstances and likely will have improved planning skills when embarking on the next trip in September. Although my eating habits have changed my need for fun and adventure has not and sometimes that is not conducive to being 100% OP. Time to make my U Turn and get going again.

Denise - Your story had me weepy and inspired, thank you so much for sharing it, I particulary am touched by Amiri's Measurements. That put a huge smile on my face, amazing how our children can be so encouraging to us.

All - Congratulations on all the successes, there are so many pages of postings I need another weeks vacation to catch up on them.

Here's to all of us for a great OP week and many more successful moments including lessons learned.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #99  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post

CountryMomma- Man - I knew I had really invested some cash into this whole thing, but when you put it into price per pound I want to be sick! My hubby is soooo not going to be happy when he finds out - no matter how much I've lost....

Finz-thanks for the codes!
I kept worrying about how much I was spending too, but when I expressed that concern my husband would say "Hey, we could've just p*ssed it away on less worthwhile things" - he saw how much happier & more comfortable I was in my own skin. And it was a huge part of my accountability - didn't spend all that money just to gain it all back later. (Yeah, I did gain part back, but at least that money spent is STILL part of my accountability!)
Old 07-27-2008, 02:15 PM   #100  
Shannon

Thanks for the reassurance from everyone about my hunger pain! I was feeling like something was seriously wrong with me.
Well, TOM came today, so I think I'll skip WI tomorrow and wait until Tues. I had to pack my lunch and dinner for the golf course job. That is a lot of work! I hop I can be as strong as I was last week at work and not give in to the bar and grill temptations! I'm off, so I will catch everyone later tonight.

Here is wishing everyone an OP day! Good luck!
Old 07-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #101  
Cristine

S/C/G: 168/158/140

Height: 5'5"

You are all right- we're worth the $$ to do this. I'm just rationalizing that the more weight I lose, the less expensive per pound it is. And, I REFUSE to fall off the plan now when I've spent so much. It's just another motivator for me- along with getting back into my favorite jeans!!
Old 07-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #102  
Cristine

S/C/G: 168/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Ooooh- look! I got my weight tracker!! Yay!

Yet another motivator. I want to see that little ladybug MOVE.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #103  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

DONUTS!!! Way to go on the 10 miles!

MOMOFBOYS- Your story had me laughing out loud! I can imagine mowing the lawn in the dark..lol
Old 07-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #104  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Ok its 3:45, I just ate lunch ate 2:30 and Im starving!!!! Im also bored - hmmm - counld be how I ended up over 200 pounds anyway - Im sucking down some water and already thinking of what Im gonna eat for dinner at 7!!!! I can do this - I CAN do this - I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Last edited by theycallmemom; 07-27-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #105  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
DONUTS!!! Way to go on the 10 miles!

MOMOFBOYS- Your story had me laughing out loud! I can imagine mowing the lawn in the dark..lol

TODAY I can laugh - last night I was trying out all those new cuss words we discussed on the board....and of course I'm thinking I'll never be heard over the sound of the mower....my next door neighbor called me this morning to ask if I had any problems last night, other than mowing in the dark of course. I guess my cursing carried over the sound of the mower.....oops!
Closed Thread