Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #241  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

The staff has been great - they gave me a complete copy of my charts to take to the Dr. And, I'm cutting the MRC-6 down to 1 per meal based on all the B6 chatter on this board. It never occurred to me that B-6 would drop your bp, when I looked at my chart, there was a direct connection between me starting the MRC-6 and Cort-trim and my blood pressure dropping. I don't know for sure if that is the cause, but I'm having my bp taken twice a day for the next 2 weeks and reporting back to the Dr. We'll see if this makes a difference.

It was measurement and tanita day . . . . . drum roll please . . . . . I'm down a total of 92 inches!! The scale finally moved a couple lbs today. I've been in the middle of a 3 week plateau and I still lost 7.5 inches this month. Just goes to show that the scale isn't everything. Some of the #'s just blow me away, like 13 inches off the waist and 15.25 off the mid section, 12.25 off the shoulders, 5 off the arm and 5.25 off the knee - just mind blowing! My hydration is great - 44%, so we know the bp isn't because of dehydration. And, I've dropped 13 pts off my BMI. I'm only 1.5 pts from the high side of normal What that's I see around the corner . . . . . could it be stabilzation!! :
Old 06-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #242  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Cool

92 inches WOW that is amazing Gina. What an inspiration you are, as all of you are So thankful to have this place to keep me going.

My 2nd day on Metaquick was also weigh in day and I am down 3 lbs since Friday. Day 2 has not been as hard as day 1 and I was able to do the shakes today, oh yes that was very yummy. I was hoping to be 160 by my birthday in 6 days, hmmm 5 lbs in 6 days. I know it is feasible but that would make a full 20lb loss in one month. Perhaps I'm getting greedy.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #243  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody, just dropping by to let yall know I'm ok. Thanks for all the messages. Just taking a break from alot of things, trying to decrease stress and get a handle on stuff. My sister is getting a divorce now, her husband was pretty rough with her kids (her kids not his) so I been helping her deal with that, helping her pack his stuff and get him out. My mother fell and tore ligaments in her ankle and wrist so have had that to deal with they put her on a walker (she is not yet 60), my son had his tonsils out so been caring for him. Still caring for my step mother. My brother is getting things moving with his divorce (he is divorcing my best friend) so that makes for a sticky situation for me. Been dealing with some financial woes so couldnt afford MRC anymore but I have all the resources and knowledge and I know where to buy the HNS so when I get ready I can get back on board without having to pay to start all over. Anyways, the cloud always eventually lifts so Im trying to wait it out. Congrats on all the losses and welcome all the newbies. Thanks everyone that sent me messages its nice to know you are thought about and that people care, thank you.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #244  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAIRAUDIANCE View Post
I thought I'd just drop a note to say hi. I just signed up for MRC yesterday evening. I love these threads, and hope to shed the lbs with all of you! Yes that was kind of corny.
Welcome!! You'll find lots of support here
Old 06-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #245  
MRC Repeat Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Hi everybody, just dropping by to let yall know I'm ok. Thanks for all the messages. Just taking a break from alot of things, trying to decrease stress and get a handle on stuff. My sister is getting a divorce now, her husband was pretty rough with her kids (her kids not his) so I been helping her deal with that, helping her pack his stuff and get him out. My mother fell and tore ligaments in her ankle and wrist so have had that to deal with they put her on a walker (she is not yet 60), my son had his tonsils out so been caring for him. Still caring for my step mother. My brother is getting things moving with his divorce (he is divorcing my best friend) so that makes for a sticky situation for me. Been dealing with some financial woes so couldnt afford MRC anymore but I have all the resources and knowledge and I know where to buy the HNS so when I get ready I can get back on board without having to pay to start all over. Anyways, the cloud always eventually lifts so Im trying to wait it out. Congrats on all the losses and welcome all the newbies. Thanks everyone that sent me messages its nice to know you are thought about and that people care, thank you.
3MM So good to see you back. You've been missed! Sorry to hear about all you are dealing with. You know you can always come here to vent and we'll listen!
Old 06-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #246  
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Thank you so much for checking in - I was really worried about you. You may not officially be on program, but we're all here for you. Drop by and stay connected when and if it fits into your hectic schedule. You contribute a lot to this group and we all care about you.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #247  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Thank you so much for checking in - I was really worried about you. You may not officially be on program, but we're all here for you. Drop by and stay connected when and if it fits into your hectic schedule. You contribute a lot to this group and we all care about you.
3MM..I second Gina. Please continue to pop in, and let us know how you are doing. We are all here for you....sometimes it's the friends you can't see that help you through the toughest times.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:41 PM   #248  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

3momkeys- Nice to here from you glad you stopped by to check in.I totally agree with goal about the friends you dont see, i think i get more support and encouragement from everyone here then anywhere else. Please check in we all are here for you!

So today is another day op i am diong good ,we are having a wt loss competition here at work until july 23rd so far there is $50 in the pot and we weigh in every payday for 4 weeks if we gain wt we need to pay $1.00 every pound and if we stay the same there is no fee, so of course i am gonna do my best to win that money! Hope everyone is good i will check back after work.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #249  
MRC Repeat Offender

I'm irritated --- I stopped into my center to buy some products this afternoon. I'm going to WI on Thursday morning, but mornings are usually so busy there I find it easier sometimes to pick up products at other times. The center is only a few miles from my house so it's no big deal.

Anyway, I go in and get my stuff and the counselor looks at me and says "you've been out in the sun". Well, yes--we live in Florida, it's been 90+ and sunny and I've been working in the garden. So I then get "Well, you know that's going to slow your weight loss down."
That just is ridiculous I could scream.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #250  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Hi ladies I need your help. I'm a little over 2 weeks in and I'm starting to get frustrated. Well, I have good days and bad days, and today was a BAD day.

I work 4 days a week, tues-friday, 10 hour days. I also live an hour away, so when you add everything else in (school some days, MRC, shopping, cooking, cleaning etc etc etc) I am lucky if I am in bed by 10 pm. But usually it's later.

Ok so I've been discovering that the 3 days a week that I am home I am FINE. I am ok with just the 3 meals and I don't have cravings. But it is another story on the days that I work, especially if I have had a bad night of sleep. I am usually hungry as soon as I wake up but I try to stave off the hunger with water until I get to work to eat breakfast. But instead of breakfast lasting a good 4-5 hours, for some reason I am hungry again after only 2-3 hours. I am eating the same exact thing and not adding anything else. I don't know if it's the lack of sleep or getting up earlier or the stress of being at work. My job requires me to sit all day but it does exercise my brain quite a bit.

This morning, at 10:30 am, I went down to the cafe and got some cottage cheese, pineapple and fruit. Then my regular MRC lunch at 2 pm (I could have eaten at 1 so I was starving by 2) and had another piece of fruit. So I'm sure I've now thrown off my whole fat burning 3-good-days thing. *sigh*.

Any advice? Anything I should try doing differently? I'm just not sure if 3 meals is enough for a 15-17 hour day

Oh and the HNS' - I am having 1 with breakfast and 1 with lunch at minimum, and the days I work I usually have another 2 a day for a total of 4 a day.

Thanks in advance! I'll have to catch up on the posts later! ttfn
Old 06-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #251  
Gina

Jennifer - That is a long day and you may need to add an extra HNS to get through it. Are you eating within 1 hour of waking? Just wondering how long it takes you to get ready and get to work before you have breakfast. You might already be starting the "starvation" process if you go longer than an hour which will make you hungry quicker. Another trick is to eat raw vegetables instead of cooked and stay with your higher calorie proteins and other choices on your long days. With all that said, there are "spurts" I go through where I'm hungrier than other weeks. Just try to raise the water intake a little and that usually gets me through. Another trick is to make some "brownie bites" (the double choc pudding with just enough water to make a dough like consistency). I keep these in the fridge and if my stomache starts to growl, even if I've had my mid day HNS, I'll eat one. If you eat the whole package, you have to count it as a creamy, but just one or two throughout the day will take the edge off. I only do this on my days that I'm really hungry. Any other ideas out there?

Last edited by ShineOn; 06-24-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:50 PM   #252  
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I'm irritated --- I stopped into my center to buy some products this afternoon. I'm going to WI on Thursday morning, but mornings are usually so busy there I find it easier sometimes to pick up products at other times. The center is only a few miles from my house so it's no big deal.

Anyway, I go in and get my stuff and the counselor looks at me and says "you've been out in the sun". Well, yes--we live in Florida, it's been 90+ and sunny and I've been working in the garden. So I then get "Well, you know that's going to slow your weight loss down."
That just is ridiculous I could scream.
Finz, Please tell me did she say why that would slow you down, that just sounds crazy. I love the sun and have no intention of giving it up with everything else that I have let go of. What does the sun have to do with your weight and honestly if you are in the sun working in the garden that is excercise and sweating, sorry I don't buy the comment she made to you. How did you respond?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #253  
MRC Repeat Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Finz, Please tell me did she say why that would slow you down, that just sounds crazy. I love the sun and have no intention of giving it up with everything else that I have let go of. What does the sun have to do with your weight and honestly if you are in the sun working in the garden that is excercise and sweating, sorry I don't buy the comment she made to you. How did you respond?
I just looked at her and said "well, if it does, it does." I mean, this is supposed to be a lifestyle we can live with. She did not give me a reason, and all I can think of is maybe water retention but I drink 128 oz every day. I just can't stand remarks like that that are just so off the cuff. I've cut down my WI to 1X/week because I honestly feel that half of them don't really understand the program as well as I do.

BTW, this is same person that scolded me for have 3 MR drinks one week (which is allowed) and I had to correct her thinking on that. She's a nice person and I don't mean imply she's not, but that just irritated me today and I had to vent!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #254  
Dixie

You said it well, a life style we can live with. I feel I have already made so many changes and that is one that I can't make. That's my total relax rejuvinate time and if it makes me lose at a slower pace then so be it.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #255  
Gina

What they told us about sun (that makes sense) is if you get a burn, or you are out in the sun a lot, to make sure you increase your water intake because you will need more to compensate. But no, it won't slow down your loss! That's just silly and I can hear Meemo groaning all the way to Omaha!
Closed Thread