Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #361  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Morning ladies! Well tomm is my last day on contract for mrc i am thinking of resigning does anyone know how that works? I remember their were some posts but i cant find them. Tomm is also my full weigh in ,tanita ,and inch loss so i will report back, i do know the inches part willl be good i have dropped from a size 20 to a 16!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #362  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Morning ladies! Well tomm is my last day on contract for mrc i am thinking of resigning does anyone know how that works? I remember their were some posts but i cant find them. Tomm is also my full weigh in ,tanita ,and inch loss so i will report back, i do know the inches part willl be good i have dropped from a size 20 to a 16!!!
I signed up again last week. It was 99$ for 10 weeks or 129$ for 17 weeks. I went on and did the 17 weeks--I did also adjust my goal weight by a few pounds. I may reach it by 10 weeks, but I didn't want to stress out and worry about it, so the 17 weeks seemed the best option for me.
Good luck on your WI tomorrow!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I love it! And, your son is so cute!!! It's so nice to have a picture to go with the name now!
Thanks Denise!!! Ok- I'm having a hard time staying OP today. Cookies are calling me from the break room. Did you have any problems like this on your journey?? If so, what has helped!!! Thanks Denise.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 PM   #364  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Thanks Denise!!! Ok- I'm having a hard time staying OP today. Cookies are calling me from the break room. Did you have any problems like this on your journey?? If so, what has helped!!! Thanks Denise.
Run from that breakroom! It's not worth it!

I haven't ever eaten off plan, as if I had.... for me, it would have created a vicious circle and it would have very difficult for me to have gotten back on track.

Two things.... There was something I heard once.... it was "I took a vow of non violence, and that includes my body". Meaning, I will not do harm to myself. So, first and foremost, I make every attempt to not to any harm to myself.... physically, or mentally.... through food, or anything else. Second, I have a list of "freedoms". Things I really want back and couldn't have from being obese. I keep them with me all the time. When someone offers me something or I know there is something that may not be a good "choice" I check myself with those "freedoms". It goes something like this:

Hey, Denise.... would you like a piece of cake?

I think..... cake or riding a bike with my son? hmmmm......

The choice is easy.

Try those things.

Finally, if you make a choice to eat those cookies..... don't beat yourself up. Take the lesson, and move on. Did it satisfy you? Was it as good as you thought it would be? Next time, what decision will you make?

Just correct the decision, and move on. Don't continue on that road.... Make a U Turn.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #365  

Quote:

Great job!!! Can't wait till I'm in a 16!!! Girl, your going to be shopping in the Jr. Section before you know it!!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #366  

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Run from that breakroom! It's not worth it!

I haven't ever eaten off plan, as if I had.... for me, it would have created a vicious circle and it would have very difficult for me to have gotten back on track.

Two things.... There was something I heard once.... it was "I took a vow of non violence, and that includes my body". Meaning, I will not do harm to myself. So, first and foremost, I make every attempt to not to any harm to myself.... physically, or mentally.... through food, or anything else. Second, I have a list of "freedoms". Things I really want back and couldn't have from being obese. I keep them with me all the time. When someone offers me something or I know there is something that may not be a good "choice" I check myself with those "freedoms". It goes something like this:

Hey, Denise.... would you like a piece of cake?

I think..... cake or riding a bike with my son? hmmmm......

The choice is easy.

Try those things.

Finally, if you make a choice to eat those cookies..... don't beat yourself up. Take the lesson, and move on. Did it satisfy you? Was it as good as you thought it would be? Next time, what decision will you make?

Just correct the decision, and move on. Don't continue on that road.... Make a U Turn.

Thanks so much! Usually I am pretty stong, but the last few days have been really hard. It's that TOM, which doesn't usually effect me, but man, this month is kicking my you know what!! But, I know that I just have to make through this day. That's it. Tomorrow is another story. One day at a time!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:07 PM   #367  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Thanks so much! Usually I am pretty stong, but the last few days have been really hard. It's that TOM, which doesn't usually effect me, but man, this month is kicking my you know what!! But, I know that I just have to make through this day. That's it. Tomorrow is another story. One day at a time!!!
You're welcome and you can make it. The way I understand it, is that if you have that BLT (bite, lick, taste) it will set you off and for 3 days, you'll have those cravings. I'd hate to see you eat one cookie and suffer for 3 days. If you can just through today, you'll be fine. Do you have any pudding? Crispies? Stay strong my friend!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #368  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

B..WOOHOO on that 60 lb board! You're doing so great.

Sharon..Your pic is beautiful and you really look great. Have a great time on your cruise.

Everone who's posted new pics..You ALL look awesome!

Personal update. I'm very frustrated with the diet right now. I'm boycotting some of the pills b/c I just can't take them all anymore and EVERYTIME I go in there they want me to take something else (or they mention something that I should "put in my pocket" to think about for next time, or once I'm in stablilization).

I feel like I'm doing the best I can and following the rules and the scale hasn't moved in almost 2 weeks again. I was so hoping to be at goal by now (original goal of 130) but I'm stuck @ 138 and I REALLY want to go lower (like 120-123). UGH! Then I get mad and eat what I want, b/c THAT will help. I've done well all week and then @ lunch I had 1/3 of a hamburger and about a 1/4 cup of fries from Bennigans (after I had eaten most of my salad with real dressing on it). I, at least, took some carb blockers when I realized I was going to cave, but still. This self-sabotage sucks!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #369  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Oh Yes Finz - did I fail to mention the marguarita? yummmmm I prefer blended with salt, lots of salt.

Morning WI on home scale does not look like it will be a happy center WI today so I am hoping the inches will encourage me.

May I ask who has before and after photo's on their profile? I would love to see what you have done.

Have a great OP Friday friends.
Click on my avatar and you will see my before, progress, and current pic.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #370  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
I feel like I'm doing the best I can and following the rules and the scale hasn't moved in almost 2 weeks again. I was so hoping to be at goal by now (original goal of 130) but I'm stuck @ 138 and I REALLY want to go lower (like 120-123). UGH! Then I get mad and eat what I want, b/c THAT will help. I've done well all week and then @ lunch I had 1/3 of a hamburger and about a 1/4 cup of fries from Bennigans (after I had eaten most of my salad with real dressing on it). I, at least, took some carb blockers when I realized I was going to cave, but still. This self-sabotage sucks!
I'm sorry that you are having a rough time. Have you been journaling all of your food? For the two weeks that the scale didn't move, you ate on plan, and did your HNS.... and got your water, right? Look how far you've come! And your so close to your goal (even if you change it to 120-123). What I guess I would say is that it would be helpful if you could really figure out what is causing the self sabotage. The concern I would have, is that this reaction (making unhealthy decisions on food) can continue to occur if you don't get a handle on it. Do you have the "life is hard, food is easy" book? There is a part in there that talks about getting logical about thought patterns with food. It says you have a logical side and an emotional side. They both battle for the top position. The logical side helps you to believe in yourself and helps you with temptations. The emotional side is the one that says "I can't do this" and "It's hopeless". It's the self sabotaging side. It says when you go through self sabotage, the emotional side celebrates. You have to force yourself to listen to the logical side. There's five steps she also suggests taking (asking)....
Step 1. What's going on? (head/heart hunger? emotional... tooth hunger? something to chew on.... mouth hunger? see food and your mouth waters.... time hunger? it's about the time you usually eat.... thirst hunger? you're actually thirsty.....)
Step 2. What do I feel? Worried? Anxious? Angry? Why?
Step 3. What do I need? Time? Space? Sleep?
Step 4. What's in my way?
Step 5. What will I do? The plan.....

Keep going.... You can do this.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #371  

Namaste- I was hoping you could tell me where i Can find this book? Also do you go to the aurora center i could of swore i seen your name on one of the boards?
Old 06-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #372  
Denise

Quote:
Namaste- I was hoping you could tell me where i Can find this book? Also do you go to the aurora center i could of swore i seen your name on one of the boards?
Here is her website....
http://www.weightlossjoy.com/

The author is Linda Spangle and she's from Colorado. I have her other book too. That one is 100 days of Weight Loss.

Great books!!!!

Nope, I'm at the Greeley center.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #373  

Namaste- thanks so much for the website i ordered both books, i cant wait to get them!
Old 06-28-2008, 12:27 AM   #374  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

I haven't been able to get on all day....packing, shopping, errands, etc. I just wanted to say thanks for all the positive comments on my picture....you guys are so great and supportive! I quickly glanced at a few posts.....

Rocki: DON'T GIVE UP.....YOU CAN DO IT! I don't have any words of wisdom for you except, if I can lose 50 something lbs....then I know you can do it. Follow Namaste advise and try to figure out what is going on.
I feel the same way about all the pills, but you will have to do what I do when they make all their suggestions....I just tell then I will think about it and I promptly forget about it when I walk out the door!
Hawaii Love the new picture! Your son is adorable! Stay away from that break room!
Alexiah A size 16 is awesome! You go girl!

This will be my last post until after July 7 when I get back from my cruise. I hope everyone has great WIs while I am gone and STAY STRONG...
WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 12:56 AM   #375  

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

I wanted to let you all know I hit the 70lb board I am so on cloud nine I now weigh 174.5 yeah . I started stabalization today. they are going to do my measurements next week.
Congradulations on all of yu that lost this week. melanie
Closed Thread