Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #106  

Height: 5'5

Meemo - you say some of the best stuff Thanks for your inspiration!

Stuckingradschool - Congrats on your success...bye bye 200s

Sharon - I understand your pain...grad classes stink sometimes, its hard to learn not to eat to take away the stress and anxiety (I know thats a big chunk of how I got where I am today) You are strong and will be able to handle it

Hawaii - congrats on your lose both lbs and inches! Thats awesome!

Update here - I think the plateau has pasted - down two lbs today for a total of 10!! I'm glad I had the lose too because it really helped me focus on staying OP, I was daydreaming about cheating during class today so I went to the center at lunch!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #107  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

It's good to see you back MS Teacher!! Hawaii, great job on the inches - that's amazing progress for your first month! Great epiphany Meemo - that is so true. Ms Gigi, where are you and how are you doing? We haven't heard from you in a few days.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #108  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Wow - Meemo, you really know how to put things in perspective. Thanks! My 14yr old son said something to me the other night too that made me think as well. I had said something about being on a diet, and he said it's not a diet is it mom? I thought it was a lifestyle change. I couldn't help but smile. Of course my 16yr old son wanted to club the both of us cause he's pretty sure he's not getting mom's famous garlic, butter potatoes anytime soon now.

Gradschool - congrats! You've got to be feeling good about yourself!

Hawaii- I'm blown away at the thought of losing 21 inches! I'm only on day 6 and can't even imagine I'll have lost that many but my next measure. Way to go!

I'm going in for my second WI this week....I'm hoping for the best. I'm still having a lot of trouble controlling my urge to snack on something (other than a HNS) at night before bed. I did get a nice treat tonight after my dinner though. I had a "rootbeer float" with the diet rootbeer & HNS vanilla pudding & crushed ice. WOW! That was the best thing I've had in a long time....ok, perhaps I'm feeling a bit deprived - but it truely was yummy!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
Hey all. I've been MIA for a while. I've been dawdling around and not really taking it seriously since about mid april. Well, since I hit ONEderland. I got to 190 and now I'm back up to 192 ish. I really need to get back on and it starts today! My ex is coming to visit in 2 weeks and I want to be in the 180s again... It really is so easy to get complacent - I'm in a normal size and can shop at normal stores and look "more normal" (if there is such a thing) and cheating is a SLIPPERY SLOPE. It started as "weekends off" and then it would be thursday and I'd still be cheating! Well, I'm here to confess and get back on the wagon! I've missed the support you guys offer.
YAY MSteacher .... happy to see you back. I, too, took a "break", so now it's back to finish this up. I totally understand. Wearing "normal" clothes, etc. does indeed lead to complacency. But here you are -- it's great to see you. We can do this!!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #110  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

I woke up with a sweet tooth this morning so I tried something a little different - I mixed my pineapply HNS with my cottage cheese (you may need to add just a splash of water if it's too thick). I was a little afraid, but it actually tasted really good. Kind of like a sweet and tart dessert - almost like the fruit jello salads. I topped it off with cinnamon toast and it really hit the spot!

Speaking of food - does anyone have a recipe for eggplant? I've never had it or cooked it before. I bought one the other day and it's just sitting there waiting for me to give it a try! I have no idea what to expect. I just remind myself that I never had spaghetti squash before and I love it - thanks to this board!

Last edited by ShineOn; 06-20-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Okay time for my confession.....Yesterday was terrible food wise. I had class last night and I was rushing around tying to get "stuff" done before I had to drive the 40 minutes to class. Well, I ended up messing around too long and did not get to eat before I left. I knew better, but I thought it would be okay.

I went to class, which turned out to be stressful and overwhelming with all the work that is due. We also had presentations last night and part of one of the presentations included chocolate, sushi, fortune cookies, hazelnut/chocolate pirouline wafers ,and taquitos. (It was a multi-cultural classroom presentation.) During class I ate one of everything. But that isn't even the worst part. When I got out of class at 7:45, I was shakey and lightheaded. I thought I was starving!! But I know I couldn't have been starving, I had just eating all that junk. I do think I was hungry, but I also think I was mostly stressed out.

So guess what I did...........I stopped at Sonic on the way home and had a bacon double cheeseburger and tater tots. UGH!!!!!!! I knew exactly what I was doing and I still did it anyway!! I somehow thought this would make me feel better! Well, it didn't make me feel better. It made me mad at myself. I felt even worse knowing I had eaten all those calories, fat, and carbs! And for what......nothing!!

However, I did get right back on plan this morning and have been chugging down the water. I am scared to get on the scale, so I haven't weighed at home today. At my last WI I was 2.5lbs from hitting the 50 lbs board. I hope I haven't messed up so much that I won't get to 50 by my next WI.

At least, I feel better talking about it!
Do you have an office or access to a fridge at school? We actually bought a small dorm fridge for our office, and it really helped me to keep some stuff handy like cheese sticks and carbonated water. AND I saved in snack bar money more than what I spent on the fridge. I know that when I go too long without eating I start eating irrationally. I think those night classes are particularly challenging. Hang in there! You will feel so good when you are further along both your grad school journey and your journey to your goal weight!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Good morning everyone!! I think my Plateau is finally over. Got on the scale this morning, and was down 1.5 from yesterday!! That was a big booster. As for a NSV, my 5 year old is in Summer Camp, and one of the ladies that works with him also had him in the afterschool program and one of the local Elementary Schools here, so she see me every day. Well yesterday, she said, "Girl, I don't know what your doing, but keep it up, you are looking GOOD!!" That made me feel really good, that even though I have long way to go, others are starting to see it a little as well. Everybody stay stong through the weekend.
Also, SNFLWGRL1962- don't beat yourself up. I actually think that may have been a good learning experience, because in the past most of us have relied on food to make us feel better, even though in was not a conscience thought. But you KNOW that that did NOT make you feel better, it made you feel worse, so you are not as apt to do it again!!! The best news is that you got back on plan the next day. That is what is key. Hang in there. Your going scuba diving soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH
Old 06-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #113  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back MS teacher, I know you can get yourself ready for your ex being in town. It is always a nice feeling to look our best around the people that make us feel our worst.

Jennifer, where are you??

To everyone struggling with temptations...it helps for me to pull out a current pic and a beginning pic..and compare...it really puts my progress into perspective. Then I also re-write what my goals were and still are. Kind of refreshes me. The temptations of food will always be there, we just have to learn how to overcome them.

Ok, my victory is semi-sweet .. I wanted to wi at 169 or at the very least 169.5, so I could officially wave to the 170's, but I will have to wait until after my beach weekend, as I wi'd at exactly 170. No worries, it will help me to stay on track, knowing that I want to see the scale at 169.

Hope everyone has a good Friday, and a nice weekend. You'all will probably be on a new thread when I check in on Monday LOL

Last edited by Goal4Life; 06-20-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #114  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
I woke up with a sweet tooth this morning so I tried something a little different - I mixed my pineapply HNS with my cottage cheese (you may need to add just a splash of water if it's too thick). I was a little afraid, but it actually tasted really good. Kind of like a sweet and tart dessert - almost like the fruit jello salads. I topped it off with cinnamon toast and it really hit the spot!

Speaking of food - does anyone have a recipe for eggplant? I've never had it or cooked it before. I bought one the other day and it's just sitting there waiting for me to give it a try! I have no idea what to expect. I just remind myself that I never had spaghetti squash before and I love it - thanks to this board!
I like to cut up eggplant to roast with zucchini & summer squash, but I use the small Japanese eggplants. I slice or chunk them all, spray the sheet with olive oil, put the veggies on, spray them with olive oil, season with whatever seasoning you like. I like to throw some whole garlic cloves in with them too. You could probably do the same with regular eggplant. A lot of eggplant recipes aren't MRC friendly (I love eggplant parmesan, but alas....).
Old 06-20-2008, 09:49 AM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I like to cut up eggplant to roast with zucchini & summer squash, but I use the small Japanese eggplants. I slice or chunk them all, spray the sheet with olive oil, put the veggies on, spray them with olive oil, season with whatever seasoning you like. I like to throw some whole garlic cloves in with them too. You could probably do the same with regular eggplant. A lot of eggplant recipes aren't MRC friendly (I love eggplant parmesan, but alas....).

Eggplant parmesan is probably my favorite food --- but Alas (lol -- that made me laugh out loud). A modified version - melbas for the coating, seasoned fresh tomatoes and mozzarella for the protein -- or uncoated, chunk it up, top with mozzarella, sizzle under broiler, add fresh chunked tomatoes at the end.

One of my favorite cooking tools --- the vidalia onion chopper --- oh my gosh -- one push and your eggplant is chunked, tomatoes diced, etc. I've used zucchini diced and sauteed in place of onions. For someone who has cooked her whole life -- this is an amazing little device. $19.99 and with the 20% off coupon that LNT or BBB offer every Sunday --$16 -- the best money I've spent in a long time on kitchen gadgets.

Goal ... have fun at the beach, with all of that activity -- those 170's will be gone by Monday! Yippee

Miss GiGi -- where are you?
Sharon...hang in there -- you'll be fine -- you're back OP right away. that's a good sign.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #116  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Eggplant

Try slicing it, then spray it with anything (pam, salad spritzers, etc.) then season with garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, &/or Mrs Dash and grill it on the grill. About 8 minutes per side (look for some of those neat grill stripes and a little softer). It's absolutely wonderful.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #117  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone, Stopping by real quick to check in and wish everyone a super op friday!! Home scale showed another pound gone and i wi tomm i still will show a gain at the center but i am back on track at that is what is important right. I will check in a little later gotta get some work done .
Old 06-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Good morning everyone, Stopping by real quick to check in and wish everyone a super op friday!! Home scale showed another pound gone and i wi tomm i still will show a gain at the center but i am back on track at that is what is important right. I will check in a little later gotta get some work done .
absolutely Diana!!! That is indeed what is important. This will be a lifelong challenge for many of us, and being on track is what counts ... bouncing back and resiliency in the long run will win the race.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #119  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

WI yesterday AM and was down 1 more lb to 138.5. Was hoping for 1.5 or 2, but 1 is good. However, I've been binging ever since. I seem to do that. Have a good loss and then binge for a day or two. I need to get some diet tea.

Here's a quick vent. I've been SO hungry this week. I think it's TOM, but still. My friend takes Phentermine and while I know it's the not the best way to lose, she's done a great job and she follows her diet well. She plans to do WW or something to help maintain after her weight is gone. She only takes a few pills a day. Now, I take a thousand pills a day from MRC and NONE of them help with the hunger. I really don't think the Hoodia even does anything. I know the chromium is supposed to help with the sugar cravings, but I'm just hungry. It doesn't matter what for, really it's nothing specific. I just fell very hungry. And when many of you say those cravings for bad food go away after a while, well, they don't/didn't for me. I know we're all different, but really. None of those cravings or desires for foods (any type of food) have gone away. Sometimes I actually lay awake at night thinking about having a nice meal out somewhere.

Sorry if I sound kind of cooky here. I know I've done great and I don't have much to go, but we ALL know that this is permanent and we can NEVER eat the way we did before. I've been CHOOSING to go off plan for two days and will get back on track soon, but I just get very frustrated at times.

Thanks for letting me vent on you all! Again, I'm so glad I'm here.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #120  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Rock- I can totally relate to what your saying ! Everytime i have a good loss i think about how i deserve to celebrtae with food! I always think about eating out with my family and i really have to fight off my cravings for food and it is usually ALL types of food it dont matter if its sweet or salty ... I think it is just bad eating habits i have had since i was young, i eat somtimes when i am not hungry just because its there. I know the struggles that are ahead of me but i also know how important getting the wt off is to me and my future. I really want to be healthy and fit and if i can stay focused i know i can do it and YOU can too! We can do it together!!
Closed Thread