Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 12:22 AM   #316  

Height: 5'5

ShineOn -what a great NSV. My husband keeps telling me the point of all of this is so when the weight is off, eatting this way is a habit. You are living proof. I must ask, where did you go??? I miss mexican food
Old 06-26-2008, 12:25 AM   #317  

Height: 5'5

Strawberry, your dinner sounds yummy I made something similar a week or so ago and stuck the tortilla under the broiler first so it was like a toasta (sp??). Great idea with the tomato though, blending it up would make it more salsa like!

Last edited by thelish; 06-26-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:31 AM   #318  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
I had a little NSV - went to a mexican restaurant tonight with good friends. I had decided ahead and warned my DH that I would be having an off plan dinner. Well, when faced with whatever I wanted, I still went with the best choice and had a taco salad. The changes are sticking and I don't really want to make bad choices. That's some progress there - in the past, I would have indulged big time! Mexican is my favorite food and not the healthy type!
Oooh! That's a big deal! I admire your willpower and will have to keep your good example in the back of my head as I soon face my own tortilla challenge. I have a friend coming back from Europe next week after being gone almost 60 days, and he has already told me that the first place we're going is to a mexican restaurant. Yikes! I also haven't had a chance to tell him that I've been on this plan and have been so successful in his absence.

You make me smile when you talk about setting the ground rules with your family on when you might indulge in a little off-plan treat. My dad was really upset that I didn't eat on plan on Father's Day, but there wasn't anything at the BBQ that was on plan, and I didn't think ahead to bring my own supplies. Since the meat wasn't fully cooked, I ended up subsisting on a slice of carrot cake. Boy, was it good! I think I should have gotten some credit for not have a few more slices. Anyway, I couldn't tell if he was really angry with me or just the situation, but I had to hear about it for several days afterward. I reassured him that I was 100% on-plan the following Monday and that I am back on track.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:38 AM   #319  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Lot's of new pics and great NSV's!!!! I love it!!!!

I had weigh in on Tuesday and was down 5lbs! I'm now at 111 lbs! WHOA!

It is LATE! And I really need to try to go to bed. I'll check in again tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:46 AM   #320  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
I had my first set of measurements this week...I am totally blown away...

17 inches in 17 days on program. Now that doesn't include preconditioning and I have been working out too, but wow I never expected that!
I remember my first measurements too....my results were also unexpected as no other "diet" had really worked for me. You must be on cloud-nine!! Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingforhealth View Post
Hello everyone. Well I came to a croosroad I really have been thinking of going ahead and stablizing. I wanted to lose 15 more lbs but it has took me almost 6 months to lose 13lbs and I have followed this program to a tee. I talked to my counsler and she thinks my body iis at a setpoint. I have to agree with her. I really am happy at this weight. But I am 51 years old. My dad made the comment You don't really expect to look like you did when you were sixteen. As if I was heavy when I was 16 I weighed 190lbs then.( gee thanks dad) He and my mom think i look great. I just keep seeing that fat person I was. I carried my weight for so many years.
My doctor told me Monday that he also thinks I have lost enough weight. My BP has been running pretty low and I may get to go off all of my BP medicine. I have to see him again the 8th of July.
I lost .5 lb last week I hope this week I do hit the 70lb board which would be another lb. but if I don't I will be satisfied.
It just feels so good to have lost the weight I have lost I know I will have to eat like this the rest of my life because I do not want to gain any back.
It has been well worth the money I have spent on this program because it has taught me how to eat properly and given me tools to assess each situation I have found it all comes with the choices each of us make. Anyway thanks for being here all of you. I am really looking forward to stabalizing and getting to maintance. See You all next week

Congratulations on stabilization and your BP. GREAT job!!!

Quote:
I had a little NSV - went to a mexican restaurant tonight with good friends. I had decided ahead and warned my DH that I would be having an off plan dinner. Well, when faced with whatever I wanted, I still went with the best choice and had a taco salad. The changes are sticking and I don't really want to make bad choices. That's some progress there - in the past, I would have indulged big time! Mexican is my favorite food and not the healthy type!
You have just given me inspiration for my cruise......I am going to keep that in the back of my mine next week as I try to make good choices! If Gina can do it, so can I!!!
I know what you mean about indulging in the past.....it is a hard habit to break, but YOU DID IT!! (BTW, I love Mexican too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post

It is LATE! And I really need to try to go to bed. I'll check in again tomorrow.
You really are doing fabulous!!! 111lbs is amazing!!!! Thank you for keeping us updated....you are an inspiration! I was so overwhelmed at the beginning because I had so much I needed to lose, but when I read about your success (and other "big losers" on here), it shows me that I really can do this!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Last edited by snflrgrl1962; 06-26-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:46 AM   #321  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Hey All,

Hope everyone is well and losing those pounds an inches. Just checking in. Lots of catching up to do!
Jennifer so glad to see you back..I was wondering about you, how are things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Thank You Namaste you are very sweet to say that. Love the pic mom it came thru beautifully.

I have a question for all of you wise women, I bought some canned crab meat, looks decent on the label as far as the nutritional value. But what do I do with it, was thinking crab cakes of some sort just to get some variety into my diet. I pretty much eat turkey and chicken in every variation and the center keeps telling me I need to get some variety so there it is. I went to Whole Foods, still no spaghetti squash, apparently it's out of season so crab is different right? I just have no idea what to do with it. Does anyone have a recipe for crab cakes that meets OP guidelines or some other suggestion, any suggestion? Sounds funny that I would purchase something I have no idea how to fix. My experience with this meat is crab legs only.
You could have it cold on a salad, mix it with dijonaise and some lemon pepper mrs dash, basically like a seafood salad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
I had my first set of measurements this week...I am totally blown away...

17 inches in 17 days on program. Now that doesn't include preconditioning and I have been working out too, but wow I never expected that!
Awesome job! It feels great when we see the inches gone, lets you know you are taking up less space

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
That sounds delish. I may need to try that one.

goal:Congrats on that awesome weight loss. You keep amazing me with your dedication and losses.
Thanks
Quote:
Wow, it's nice to see more faces popping up! You all look wonderful. Sharon - congrats on hitting the 50lb board!!! And goal4life - you continue to amaze me! stuckingradschool - that is a great NSV, thanks for sharing that - I'm sure there will be a lot more stairs that you will climb and conquer! Thelish - 17" in 17 days is great!! I love measurement day - it motivates me more than the scale!! Losing4health - CONGRATULATIONS on your decision!!! That is a great milestone. I hope you get to go on stabilization now.

Great NSV! Mexican is hard, on my beach get away this past weekend, I had to overcome a mexican restaurant also...I chose the same as you, a chicken taco salad, and told them to put it in a bowl instead of in the shell and no sour cream or guacamole...as the shell would have been just to tempting for me.
Quote:

Denise!!!! That is wonderful!!! You are doing a super job...just trucking along the weightloss road!! I know you feel wonderful!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 06-26-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:

Wow, Denise! 111 lbs lost! That is amazing! I think Sharon said this, but I concur that you and the other "Big Losers" ARE an inspiration! I am very excited for you! Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:14 AM   #323  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default NSV/See you all in a few weeks

I know that I have not been posting much for a couple of weeks but now that DH is retired we're constantly busy (he even went with me to wi yesterday and I lost a pound ). We're getting ready for our trip to France cycling, riding our bikes and celebrating. So today will be my last post for about three weeks. I hope everyone continues to succeed (because this plan works). I feel confident that France will not reverse any of my losses even though some of my choices may not be optimal.

My NSV was we went to Sam's Club and I bought a size 8 jeans because I wanted a pair that fit better for the trip (my 10's were a little big). Of course there you cannot try on so I came home and they fit comfortably. It felt so good. I haven't been this size for 20 years. On my home scale I have surpassed my goal but I count the MRC wi as my offical ticker weight.

I agree with you all about some of the counselors at the centers. Yesterday when I went with DH to mine the we saw the manager. She doesn't think that it's worth measuring me since I finished stabilization and am into maintenence because I've only lost a few pounds in maintenence. I know that my body fat percentage has gone down according to the Tanita and that cycling a lot builds muscle but then again she's very blond. Sometimes you just have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

When I return in a couple of weeks I know I will have no hope of catching up with reading posts.

Best of luck,
Bonnie (aka) MrsPhibes
Old 06-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #324  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Okay question: Recently there was some talk about the bison & whether the 90/10 was okay or not. What was the verdict? I tried to go back & check but with my luck it was in that bunch of posts that disappeared, because so far I've had no luck. There wasn't anything specified on my sheets - just bison. Thanks!

My center says the bison is ok (although not the bison brats ) and I could only use ground chuck? I think thats right... Kinda funny, my hubby's name is Chuck. I've not been brave enough to venture into the "beef" or "bison" area yet.....and lord knows I'm dying for a good steak or juicy burger!!

TheLish - 17 inches in 17 days??!! Wow! Was it all over loss, or was one area more then another? I'm on day 13 and I don't notice any difference anywhere yet, except on the scale. So I'm sorta looking forward to measurement day. Congrats again!

Denise - Way to go and congratulations - 111lbs!! Wow!

ShineOn - Mexican is my weakness! I LOVE the chips and cheese, and the margarita's of course! I'm thinking I may never be able to eat that again. Good for you on making the best choices though!!

MrsPhibes - size 8 is wonderful - congrats! I hope you have the time of your life in France - take some wonderful pics to share with us!!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

[QUOTE=momofboys;2243016]My center says the bison is ok (although not the bison brats ) and I could only use ground chuck? I think thats right... Kinda funny, my hubby's name is Chuck. I've not been brave enough to venture into the "beef" or "bison" area yet.....and lord knows I'm dying for a good steak or juicy burger!!

] Get a lean sirloin- very low calories!! Also, I buy the 93% lean ground beef and grill it. It's just as lean as chicken then!!
Girl- go have a LEAN burger!!!!!!!!LOL
Old 06-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #326  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Thanks for posting this, Strawberry! I have at least a pound (maybe two...not sure) of ground turkey in my fridge that didn't get made into spaghetti, and I was really starting to wonder what I would do with it. This sounds pretty good, though. I wonder if I can buy La Tortilla Factory tortillas here...
If you can't find the tortillas you could make a taco salad. My daughter & I are having that for lunch today - but I'll use some of the bison rather than turkey. (I like turkey too, but I have the bison in the fridge.)

Last edited by Meemo; 06-26-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #327  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
I know that I have not been posting much for a couple of weeks but now that DH is retired we're constantly busy (he even went with me to wi yesterday and I lost a pound ). We're getting ready for our trip to France cycling, riding our bikes and celebrating. So today will be my last post for about three weeks. I hope everyone continues to succeed (because this plan works). I feel confident that France will not reverse any of my losses even though some of my choices may not be optimal.

My NSV was we went to Sam's Club and I bought a size 8 jeans because I wanted a pair that fit better for the trip (my 10's were a little big). Of course there you cannot try on so I came home and they fit comfortably. It felt so good. I haven't been this size for 20 years. On my home scale I have surpassed my goal but I count the MRC wi as my offical ticker weight.

I agree with you all about some of the counselors at the centers. Yesterday when I went with DH to mine the we saw the manager. She doesn't think that it's worth measuring me since I finished stabilization and am into maintenence because I've only lost a few pounds in maintenence. I know that my body fat percentage has gone down according to the Tanita and that cycling a lot builds muscle but then again she's very blond. Sometimes you just have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

When I return in a couple of weeks I know I will have no hope of catching up with reading posts.

Best of luck,
Bonnie (aka) MrsPhibes
Have a wonderful time Bonnie!!! Can't wait to hear about it when you return
Old 06-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #328  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingforhealth View Post
Hello everyone. Well I came to a croosroad I really have been thinking of going ahead and stablizing. I wanted to lose 15 more lbs but it has took me almost 6 months to lose 13lbs and I have followed this program to a tee. I talked to my counsler and she thinks my body iis at a setpoint. I have to agree with her. I really am happy at this weight. But I am 51 years old. My dad made the comment You don't really expect to look like you did when you were sixteen. As if I was heavy when I was 16 I weighed 190lbs then.( gee thanks dad) He and my mom think i look great. I just keep seeing that fat person I was. I carried my weight for so many years.
My doctor told me Monday that he also thinks I have lost enough weight. My BP has been running pretty low and I may get to go off all of my BP medicine. I have to see him again the 8th of July.
I lost .5 lb last week I hope this week I do hit the 70lb board which would be another lb. but if I don't I will be satisfied.
It just feels so good to have lost the weight I have lost I know I will have to eat like this the rest of my life because I do not want to gain any back.
It has been well worth the money I have spent on this program because it has taught me how to eat properly and given me tools to assess each situation I have found it all comes with the choices each of us make. Anyway thanks for being here all of you. I am really looking forward to stabalizing and getting to maintance. See You all next week
That is wonderful. I think it is very important that we listen to our bodies. It sounds as if yours is telling you that you are healthy. Go with it and good luck!

Quote:
:
YOU DID IT!!! Congratulations on hitting your goal weight!!!
Thanks so much. BTW I often do the same thing as you when I eat out....decide ahead of time I may eat off plan and then just can't do it when I start to order. It's a great feeling isn't it?

Quote:

Whoa girl that is great. 111 lbs. That is so awesome. I know you have to be proud of yourself!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #329  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Mrs. Phibes: It sounds like you are going to have so much fun. I hope it's everything you wish for. Have a good time in those size 8 jeans!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:36 PM   #330  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Denise: WOW! 111 pounds gone FOREVER That is such an awesome achievement!

Bonnie: Great to hear from you and it sounds like you both are really enjoying your husband's retirement. Have a wonderful time on your trip.

losingforhealth:
What a journey you've had--you must feel fantastic!

Shineon: I couldn't go to Mexican restaurant (yet) without really going way off plan so I am very impressed

I went to WI this morning and was down 3 lbs so got to sign the 60 lb board

Oddly being out in the sun DID NOT slow down my weight loss--go figure
Closed Thread