Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:44 AM   #451  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
I finally went to WI today. I weighed this am @ home and it looked MUCH better. I went in around 10am and I was down 1 more pound. I'm pretty happy about that! I plan to go in Saturday for another WI and hope to be down another 2.5. I know 2.5 is a lot in 3 days, but it's a goal to reach for at least. I know I'll lose, just how much is yet to be determined.
Congratulations on the loss! And, 2.5 as a goal is great.... and attainable! You can do it! Last week, I set a goal from friday to Tuesday of 5lbs and actually went in on Monday, and was at 4lbs.... so it can be done! Keep it up!
Old 03-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #452  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Went to wi this evening, and was only down 1/2 pound, but I was still happy because I just started TOM yesterday. Yuck! So, I was just really happy that I hadn't gained. We also took measurements today and my grand total of inches lost was 24!! That's 2 feet. I was pretty excited about that number!
Great numbers!!!! Congrats!
Old 03-13-2008, 09:52 AM   #453  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
Thanks! I went into my hairdresser one day (who is so fantastic that I trust her completely) and I was almost in tears b/c I was so bored with it and I had had a horrible day at work and I just said "DO SOMETHING TO IT!!" And she of course, didn't let me down!
My youngest sister actually made snide comments b/c she's overweight and at the rate I'm going, she will be the only overweight person to walk down the aisle at my other sister's wedding. That was pretty upsetting that she would make a negative comment. She told me not to get to skinny b/c she was looking at pics, she found one of me when I was at my thinnest and my face was sucked in! (WHICH IS NOT TRUE!!) I think it's either just been a disheartening weekend/week or I'm super sensitive for some crazy reason!

But thank you so much. I guess sometimes, I just need to be reminded.
You look great! Isn't it upsetting when the people that are closest to you are sometimes the one's that can be the most hurtful? She must have very low self esteem and maybe she doesn't know how to react to your getting yourself healthy because it brings out some scary feelings in her. BUT, you keep on going! You are just doing a wonderful job, and this journey is about you. When my sister in law and mother in law started in on me (similar to your story) I just looked at it as a challenge and it made me even more focused. Know that she isn't in the majority!
Old 03-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #454  
Started Program: 3/8/08

S/C/G: 228.5/216/150

Height: 5'6

Default HNS Flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
So, what does everyone think of the supplements? I'd love to see recommendations of what to try and what to avoid . So far, I've tried the grape, which is good, wildberry which is ok, chicken boullion--yeck, and the hot cocoa and choc pudding, both meh on those, but the pudding was reaaaallly lumpy.

Any faves or avoids out there?
I really like the Mixed Berry Concentrate. I am not sure if you have ever tried the Mr. Freeze freezer pops but the Mixed Berry tastes just like the red one. The grape one is pretty good too. I drink the orange sucralose for breakfast and it tastes like Tang.

It's kind of just what you like and can compare it to. My co-workers say teh grape is the best but I really like the Mixed Berry the best.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #455  

Default Congrats!!!

Congrates to all of you "losers" this week!! That is wonderful!

And readytobethinagain and blueyedangel you both look beautiful! I just recently got my hair cut short too. Not quite as short as the two of you but it is chin length. I used to have short hair in high school (you know when I was as my thinnest) but then as I got heavier and heavier I grew it out because I always thought a shorter hair cut would make my face look chubbier.

I was so wrong!!!! If anything my shorter hair finally makes me look like an adult.

Anyways - You both look beautiful - Currently eating my very very dry bread with cheese and 1 hard boiled egg. I wish there was something I could make for breakfast that was better, but I am bound by quickness. I have to make it the night before so I can throw it into my lunch box and be out the door. I don't have time to make anything in the morning......any suggestions??
Old 03-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #456  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies , hope everyone is having a great day! I was wondering if anyone has heard from sam?
Old 03-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #457  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
I finally went to WI today. I didn't go Monday b/c my scale @ home looked very scary (the numbers looked scary, that is) and I just didn't want to be disappointed and explain why I think I gained. So, I waited until I got things back under control after my weekend away. I weighed this am @ home and it looked MUCH better. I went in around 10am and I was down 1 more pound. I'm pretty happy about that! I know I had a rough weekend but I've been 100% OP since Monday afternoon.
A huge CONGRATS to you for getting right back on program and seeing a loss! I know seeing that scale go down is pure motivation to keep on going
Old 03-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #458  
Denise

Default This is important! Read on.

Theft Problem IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
You've heard about people who have been abducted and had their kidneys removed by black-market organ thieves.

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago. I went to sleep and woke up with someone else's thighs. It was just that quick. The replacements had the texture of cooked oatmeal. Whose thighs were these, and what happened to mine? I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs. Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans. And then the thieves struck again.

My butt was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear-end to the thighs they had stuck me with earlier. But my new butt was attached at least three inches lower than my original! I realized I'd have to give up my jeans in favor of long skirts.

Two years ago I realized my arms had been switched. One morning I was fixing my hair and was horrified to see the flesh of my upper arm swing to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush. This was really getting scary - my body was being replaced one section at a time.

What could they do to me next?

When my poor neck suddenly disappeared and was replaced with a turkey neck, I decided to tell my story.

Women of the world; wake up and smell the coffee! Those 'plastic' surgeons are using REAL replacement body parts -stolen from you and me! The next time someone you know has something 'lifted', look again - was it lifted from you?

THIS IS NOT A HOAX. This is happening to women everywhere every night.

WARN YOUR FRIENDS!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #459  

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Theft Problem IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
You've heard about people who have been abducted and had their kidneys removed by black-market organ thieves.

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago. I went to sleep and woke up with someone else's thighs. It was just that quick. The replacements had the texture of cooked oatmeal. Whose thighs were these, and what happened to mine? I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs. Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans. And then the thieves struck again.

My butt was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear-end to the thighs they had stuck me with earlier. But my new butt was attached at least three inches lower than my original! I realized I'd have to give up my jeans in favor of long skirts.

Two years ago I realized my arms had been switched. One morning I was fixing my hair and was horrified to see the flesh of my upper arm swing to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush. This was really getting scary - my body was being replaced one section at a time.

What could they do to me next?

When my poor neck suddenly disappeared and was replaced with a turkey neck, I decided to tell my story.

Women of the world; wake up and smell the coffee! Those 'plastic' surgeons are using REAL replacement body parts -stolen from you and me! The next time someone you know has something 'lifted', look again - was it lifted from you?

THIS IS NOT A HOAX. This is happening to women everywhere every night.

WARN YOUR FRIENDS!

OMG - This is hilarious. I am going to print it out and put it on my fridge -

Old 03-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #460  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
Anyway, I have a dressing room story of my own. I went to buy some new pants for a picture and I decided I would take in a 14p and a 12p. I looked at those 12P and they looked awful small to me. I said if these things fit I am going to cry right here in the dressing room. They fit. I looked in the mirror and said is that me? I was so happy...I did cry. Anyway, just wanted to share that with you friends.

I wi today and was down another 3 lbs. I felt like it was going to be a good week. I have been a little sluggish lately. My center suggested not doing any creamies (the choc mini crisps) and up my supplement to 4. Well it worked.

I hope everyone has a terrific rest of the week!
If i could get into a 12 I would cry too! Congrats!!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #461  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

[QUOTE=ieduc8em;2097443]
Anyway, I have a dressing room story of my own. I went to buy some new pants for a picture and I decided I would take in a 14p and a 12p. I looked at those 12P and they looked awful small to me. I said if these things fit I am going to cry right here in the dressing room. They fit. I looked in the mirror and said is that me? I was so happy...I did cry. Anyway, just wanted to share that with you friends.

Way to go!! That is awsome. Those ar the things that make it all worth while.!! Keep up the good work.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #462  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

namaste - Oh my gosh! That is frightening!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for bringing this to our attention! That is why I love this forum so much - we look out for each other's thighs, butts, necks, and bat-wing arms. You are such a sweetheart for the alert! (.....takes tongue out of cheek.)

That is the funniest thing I've read in a LOOOOONNNNNG time! I'm crying, I'm laughing so hard!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #463  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaisey View Post
- Currently eating my very very dry bread with cheese and 1 hard boiled egg. I wish there was something I could make for breakfast that was better, but I am bound by quickness. I have to make it the night before so I can throw it into my lunch box and be out the door. I don't have time to make anything in the morning......any suggestions??

Can you make a breakfast burrito with the 50 cal tortillas, make night before and stick in the fridge, nuke real quick before you walk out the door?
Old 03-13-2008, 12:25 PM   #464  

Default breakfast burrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Can you make a breakfast burrito with the 50 cal tortillas, make night before and stick in the fridge, nuke real quick before you walk out the door?
Any suggestions on what to put into the burrito.

Also, I can't seem to find a tortilla with low enough calories so I can eat them....do you know of a brand?
Old 03-13-2008, 12:25 PM   #465  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Default I'm Back

Sorry, I have been so busy this week that I have not been able to chat. It took me two days to catch up with you guys. I'm new at all the board stuff, but I'll get the hang of it.
I have had a really hard week. My husband came home Monday and said that we are going to have to move this summer. His job is going to move him and we don't know where yet. My first thought was " What will MRC do?"
I'm also scared because we just bought a house,6 months ago, and now he wants to try to sell it. I have been so upset that I haven't been eating to good. I haven't eaten anything bad, I just haven't been eating much of anything. I'm trying. I'm afraid that he may lose his job.
Thanks for being part of my group therapy session today.
It will all work out. God is always in control!!!
Closed Thread