Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #361  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Everything you said was true, I'm just going to have to suck it up. Its 45 more pounds until I'm under 200. 45 more pounds. Oh well, I got me here, I'll get me out. I hope.

Hubby and I love ground turkey. We mix onion or beefy onion soup mix in with the meat. We usually make 3-4 at a time so we can grab one quickly when needed. We also use it to make Mexican pizza (see the recipe thread for more info).

We also cut up chicken into bite-sized pieces and sauté them in olive oil and Mrs. Dash. Then we add a bag of mixed veggies and you can sauté until tender (of course because I have no colon we add water and cook the veggies until mush:-)

When you get the cook book try the veggie pizza. You use spaghetti squash, mozzarella, and egg to make the crust, cook it and then add veggies and more cheese.

Congrats Shineon!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #362  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Congrats SHINEON! on getting to one-der-land!
I am so close to it also, I can taste it. My body is fighting me right now. Each wi is getting less and less the past 2 weeks, but I know before Easter I should be really close. You are my inspiration today!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 03-11-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #363  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
Here's another hug to try to help you through.

Have a great day!
Lori

Thanks for your story Lori, I too had a really screwed up childhood, especially where food is concerned. My parents divorced when I was 2, my mother starved us after that. I was 2 years old wearing 6 month old baby clothes. When my dad got us back the doctor said we were all near hospitalization. My brother who is 35 now has brain damage because of pesticide poisoning from overuse of scabies medication ( we lived in filth with my mother) My dad then married another woman who was the best cook in the world (course all veggies were canned, and red meat everyday, homemade sweets) that was the best eating any of us kids had ever had, but she was abusive especially to me and my brother (the brain damaged one) because we were youngest (there are 4 kids, I'm the baby of the family) My dad divorced her when I was 10. For three years after that we ate nothing but fast food, ( I was still very thin) When I was 13 my dad married again and this woman did not like kids and did monumental damage to me. I can't recall having had another supper after they were married. Supper stopped and then she hid the cups because she didn't want to wash them so we had nothing to drink out of either. She hid food under her bed but we weren't allowed any. Sometimes me and my brother would sneak in there and sneak some, she caught on and locked their door from then on. I stayed in my room after school for 3 years, if I wasn't at my friends house I was in my room. I moved out at 16. Anyway thats my weird story. We don't have a Publix, I've never heard of Publix.
Here's a hug to you for your crummy childhood
Old 03-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #364  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Went to WI this morning and I was down 4.5lbs and got to sign the 30lb board WHOO-HOO
GREAT JOB!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #365  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

OMG! How horrible. Don't take this wrong, but if you were so thin and undernourished as a child, how did you end up gaining weight? Did that happen after you were married or just once you moved out and you were able to eat whatever/whenver you wanted? I can imagine how that horrible childhood with crazy food issues could have serious ramifications for adulthood eating disorders or issues. That's why you're here and you deserve this. You're so strong to come on here and share that story. Keep up the perseverance. You can do it! I'll keep telling you that!

Quote:
Thanks for your story Lori, I too had a really screwed up childhood, especially where food is concerned. My parents divorced when I was 2, my mother starved us after that. I was 2 years old wearing 6 month old baby clothes. When my dad got us back the doctor said we were all near hospitalization. My brother who is 35 now has brain damage because of pesticide poisoning from overuse of scabies medication ( we lived in filth with my mother) My dad then married another woman who was the best cook in the world (course all veggies were canned, and red meat everyday, homemade sweets) that was the best eating any of us kids had ever had, but she was abusive especially to me and my brother (the brain damaged one) because we were youngest (there are 4 kids, I'm the baby of the family) My dad divorced her when I was 10. For three years after that we ate nothing but fast food, ( I was still very thin) When I was 13 my dad married again and this woman did not like kids and did monumental damage to me. I can't recall having had another supper after they were married. Supper stopped and then she hid the cups because she didn't want to wash them so we had nothing to drink out of either. She hid food under her bed but we weren't allowed any. Sometimes me and my brother would sneak in there and sneak some, she caught on and locked their door from then on. I stayed in my room after school for 3 years, if I wasn't at my friends house I was in my room. I moved out at 16. Anyway thats my weird story. We don't have a Publix, I've never heard of Publix.
Here's a hug to you for your crummy childhood
Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #366  
Denise

Quote:
Thanks for your story Lori, I too had a really screwed up childhood, especially where food is concerned.
I'm so sorry. You are a very strong person! I'm sending a big hug your way!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #367  
Denise

Oh! I almost forgot.... I did the Tanita last night and I have maintained my lean muscle mass, as well as have lost 62 inches! So, I am a FAT BURNING MACHINE! haha!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #368  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I have been exercising about 5 hours a week, two classes on Monday and then 1 hour on tues thurs and friday. Two of them are interval classes and one is all weight lifting. There is a lot of step aerobics in my routine. Do you think this is too much? I think I should probably just cut back and see what happens. The counselor said something about the protein in the hns and the weightlifting would cause muscle growth and make it harder to reach goal by the end of my plan. It's just an addiction. I have to get over it.
Oh for heaven's sake. You aren't going to gain THAT much muscle, and muscle burns fat. It might offset your weight loss a bit, but your inches lost will be off the charts!
I just did the math - I did at LEAST 5.5 hrs of exercise weekly when I was losing (walked 45-50 min 6 days a week and did 20 min of upper body weights 3 days a week). And yep, I cheated a bit & had a few extra calories here & there. And I made it to goal just fine, in fact we adjusted my goal weight downward because I got there a little early. I don't know what your stats are, but I'd stick with what you're doing now & see how you feel. Your body will tell you if you need more calories. (You'll start feeling a little tired & weak.) Just make your cheats within the restrictions of your menu (like I said, an extra oz of protein & veggies - no one got fat from eating too much spinach). If you find it just isn't working THEN you can think about cutting back. A little.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #369  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
I have a question-- is anyone else cold all the time? I swear I am freezing all the time. This never used to be a problem for me. I am so ready for summer!
I was, I really do think we miss our protective layer of fat for awhile. I think I've kinda gotten over it, but it took awhile. And of course I'm at the age where I'm hot, I'm cold, I'm hot, I'm cold...
Old 03-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #370  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

3 monkeys- I am so sorry to hera about your rough childhood,But I just bet that you are such a wonderful mother to your children because of the things you went thru!I cant believe people can treat children that way it just breaks my heart, God bless you.

I hope everyone is having a good day today ! I am off to refill my gallon of water i am already down 1 and i am off to lunch so i will check back soon.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #371  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky40 View Post
Havent written in awhile, am starting program again been off since january,this is my third day. My center left it up to me to go back to preconditioning or start green menu, I started green menu. I need some advice , I did not go back to caffeine so I know it is not caffeine but the headaches are driving me crazy, total migraines did anyone else expereince this? the girl at my center said try b-12 and I did but to know relief, I am thinking about just going back to preconditioning see if that helps, any advice is welcome I really want to succeed this time
If you'd started eating lots of sugar & starch while you were off plan, you're probably experiencing carb "withdrawal". The two things I know that help with that are time & water. A little more time (4-5 days usually does it) and lots of water.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Finz: Good for you!! Whoo hoo! 30 lbs!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #373  
Em

Quote:
I am on the beige menu, started on Saturday, so was in preconditioning for a week and the beige menu 3 days. Today has been a toughy for me. I wonder can anyone tell me if my menu will change anytime soon or is this the menu I will be on until I lose a certain amount of weight? and if so how much weight do I lose before it will change and if it does change will there be more choices on it?

I read some of you say that if you can make it through the first ten days or the first two weeks it is so much easier after that, well why is that? How is that? What changes 10 or 14 days in? I worked hard this past year trying to grow accustomed to liking veggies because I have always hated them and finally I got to where I liked quit a few but they were canned. I love asparagus so today I tried steaming some and it was so nasty, gag, I used those microwave steam bags by glad or ziploc whatever and it said 2 1/2 minutes so I did that and geeross! So I went another 2 1/2 minutes and still gag, they don't taste anything like canned. That was very discouraging for me, what if I think all the fresh veggies are gross? Yesterday I thought oatmeal sounded good so I had that at supper and the amount allowed isn't even worth eating, 1/4 cup cooked, at first I thought 1/4 cup dry but no it's 1/4 cup after its cooked, 1 bite, 2 bite gone.

21 of the veggies on the list I either hate, only like them fried or don't even know what they are.
The protein list: We don't have buffalo in our stores, I have never seen buffalo, and elk, who eats elk? Rabbit, really now rabbit? Squirrel good grief, what the heck is venison? So that leaves chicken or fish for most days and I am already tired of chicken.

The eggs I use are medium, I told someone they were small, don't know what I was thinking, for that brain cramped moment I thought they were small, sorry I think it was Bomaze , you were right, they are medium and I wasn't suppose to have one.

I haven't had supper yet, can't think of what to have, nothing sounds even a tad bit good. I bought Mrs. dash, butter buds, several other spices, thought I would have a chalupa, grill a corn tortilla in a skillet but then I thought well crap what do I top it with, I could make some turkey taco meat but then what? Cant have cheese on it at supper, can't have sour cream at all, no beans since the tortilla is my starch, hmm I could have s corn tortilla topped with a salad, grrr.

Ok I'll be done now. Maybe I am fixing to have TOM, maybe that's why I am so grouchy and pitiful.
The first 10 days are the yellow & blue menus, those are the toughest. You'll be on beige until you get below 200 lbs, then on to the green menu which is same foods, just slightly reduced amounts of protein to match up with your reduced weight. (Takes less food to maintain less weight.)
If you don't have an MRC cookbook, get one. You can make your own salsa to put on a chalupa/tostada. You just have to get a little creative with your food. Have your beef or pork a couple of days a week. Frankly, I never stopped eating large or jumbo eggs. But I was exercising, so maybe that's why I was able to get away with that. Try roasting fresh asparagus instead of steaming it. Line a flat pan with foil, spray it with olive oil Pam, put the asparagus on the foil, line it up (make sure you snap off the tough bottom ends like snapping green beans, it'll just snap at the right point), spray it again with the Pam, then sprinkle on some Mrs. Dash lemon pepper or whatever flavor you like. SO good! I found a lot of new combos of veggies to roast. Brussel sprouts are great roasted if you get them fresh & don't overcook them. (Oh, the asparagus roasts for about 10-15 minutes at 375.) Rachael Ray loves roasted veggies, check the Food Network site for some good recipes. Throw some garlic cloves on the pan while you're roasting them. Fabulous! Zucchini & yellow squash are great this way too, and baby eggplant.
And yes, I'd say PMS probably has something to do with your feelings right now, just don't give in to the hormones!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #374  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 177/167/150

Default BacK...... Again

Hi Everyone - yeah I know its been awhile. It s taken forever to catch up on all the post - still not there yet, but I am working on it.

First I wanna say to Meemo for her encouraging words via myspace to get back on here! You ROCK!

So many new faces - and so good to see the oldies hanging around. I can't say I have missed ya - I have been here all along - Cheering, Lurking, Reading, gathering information, and great ideas. So selfish me will come out of the internet cloud & bless you all with my presence as well! JK!

I am still that same ten pounds from goal - I honestly have been maintaining (via cheating) and still want to get these last ten pounds off. So far I have had three VERY Good days - no cheating - so maybe by mid April I will have this off & ready to shop for those new spring fashions!

The holidays started & it just never ended. Read a post I think from DONUTS on books to read - so I loaded up. Listening to The Thin Commandments on cd. Reading Mindless Eating & Think Thin Be Thin (I think thats right) and I ordered Bob's book (Biggest Loser) coming out next month. Just doing what I have to to stay focused. Cause I never wanna be who I was before again.

ok so I am off to get some more reading done on here. Your all doing so well!
Old 03-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #375  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by smgyorkie View Post
Hi Everyone - yeah I know its been awhile. It s taken forever to catch up on all the post - still not there yet, but I am working on it.

First I wanna say to Meemo for her encouraging words via myspace to get back on here! You ROCK!

So many new faces - and so good to see the oldies hanging around. I can't say I have missed ya - I have been here all along - Cheering, Lurking, Reading, gathering information, and great ideas. So selfish me will come out of the internet cloud & bless you all with my presence as well! JK!

!

I am so glad to see you back. I remember when I started program, and was reading through some of the beginning MRC posts, you were on there. You were an inspiration to me then, and still one! Wonderful job on maintaining through the holidays, and now going forward to lose that last 10 pounds.
Welcome back!
Closed Thread