Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #496  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Sorry, I have been so busy this week that I have not been able to chat. It took me two days to catch up with you guys. I'm new at all the board stuff, but I'll get the hang of it.
I have had a really hard week. My husband came home Monday and said that we are going to have to move this summer. His job is going to move him and we don't know where yet. My first thought was " What will MRC do?"
I'm also scared because we just bought a house,6 months ago, and now he wants to try to sell it. I have been so upset that I haven't been eating to good. I haven't eaten anything bad, I just haven't been eating much of anything. I'm trying. I'm afraid that he may lose his job.
Thanks for being part of my group therapy session today.
It will all work out. God is always in control!!!
I'm sorry you are feeling so sad right now. Surely there will be a silver lining somewhere. There are MRC's all over the place. Check with them! I hope everything works out. I know it's hard to see the good in it right now, but you will.

Namaste: Your story was hilarious...I was crying, I was laughing so hard!

rockijames: Your picture is gorgeous!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:13 PM   #497  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Default potassium

On the potassium issue. Spinich, Oranges, Cantalope have about 225 MG per 1/2 cup serving. Brocolli is close behind with 125-225. Here is a site that has the info. ***************/all/potassiumfoodh_rkyn.htm I have been having cramps in my legs this past week, and realized of all things to forget... My multi vitamin. I forgot to include it in my little pill separator.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 180/178/120

Height: 5'0"

Default Question...

Anyone who can answer,

I missed a couple days because work is crazy, but congratulations to everyone. I try reading every night, but I'm only on pg 14. You all chat so much I can't keep up - but I do keep motivated, so I'm not complaining!!!!

I have a few questions. I'm getting ready to deploy soon. I was asked by the clinic if I wanted to just start stabilization, continue as best I could and contact them by e-mail while I'm gone, or be put on hold until I return. I still have 22 pounds to lose. How does stabilization work? Is it feasible to continue while deployed and just stay in contact via e-mail with the center? How much do you lose during stabilization? What, in your opinion, is the better thing to do?

Also, I need a few pointers on what to do for the plane trip. It's going to take me a couple days to get there, with all the stops we have to make and I'm quite nervous about food options. I know I can bring some food on the plane, and of course HNS's, but a couple days worth??? Also, after I get there, it's going to be cafeteria type food - What then? I asked someone who was there now and they said the food is horrible (maybe I won't want to eat). It's things like goulash, burgers, and junk like that. HELP!

Any ideas or help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by Gotta lose it; 03-13-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:13 PM   #499  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi again everyone!!! I have been awol lately - but I'm back now! Between company in town, sick kids, work, me being sick, then both the kids birthdays I haven't been online a lot. Needless to say I have not read any of the posts!!! I can't believe how much this thread has grown! If you blink you have 3 pages to catch up on!!! LOL!

Unfortunately - even with me being sick - I had a 2 pound gain.. UGH!

On the good side; when I went to WI I re-signed for 10 weeks! I was measured & body comp'd and my counselor let me know that according to the Tanita my ideal weight will be around 160 - so I have only 20 pounds to go!! WOO-HOO!! This just gets me more motivated.

I miss you all and I promise to keep up with you all again!

Welcome to all the newcomers! This board rocks - (I'm sure you already know that though!)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 03-13-2008, 11:41 PM   #500  

Height: 5'7"

I WI tomorrow and I’m hoping their scales are as sweet as mine!

3monkeysmomma, bomaze, blueyedangel, Meemo, readytobethinagain ~ I agree with the comments, I love your sassy short haircuts! Wow, all the talk about short hair makes me want to call a salon!

HappyDaisey ~ I get the LaTortillas at Kroger but they just recently stocked them. Talk to the health food manager and have your MRC manager called them…that’s all it took for our Kroger to get them. On the HNS, my son is a trainer and he thinks I'm crazy for buying the HNS....his recipe is the same as Meemo's with the Crystal Light.....except he prefers soy protein powder instead of whey protein. My favs are the HNS consentrates: orange & grape; creamy: I love the hot chocolate and double chocolate pudding.

Zackzmom ~ I’m so sorry that you are facing a move and uncertainty with your DH’s job. You live pretty close to me….move on over to Auburn! Our economy is booming. We are getting loads of new industry related to the new auto builder coming to closeby West Point GA. We would love to have you at the MRC in Auburn!

losingweightnow ~ Glad to see a familar name! Hope everyone is healthy in your house, as soon as you get back to routine the pounds will start coming off again!

Good night everyone!
JanT

Last edited by jantdieting; 03-13-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:19 AM   #501  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smgyorkie View Post
Hi Everyone - yeah I know its been awhile. It s taken forever to catch up on all the post - still not there yet, but I am working on it.
Yeah!!! You're back!! I went to your my space page - great before and after pictures. I also requested you as a friend, the request will come from Gina Ogle. I thought you might not know who that was - my picture is a group of 4 standing in front of a motorcycle! Glad your home!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:24 AM   #502  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

3monkeysmama - your story absolutely broke my heart. I'm glad you feel safe enough here to share it. The tools of knowing what to eat is only half the battle. I would recommend you get into the finding connection class/series as quickly as possible and start journling. This has the potential to be a journey of discovery in more ways than just food. We're here for you
Old 03-14-2008, 01:38 AM   #503  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
I would recommend you get into the finding connection class/series as quickly as possible and start journling. This has the potential to be a journey of discovery in more ways than just food. We're here for you
Thank you ShineOn
I really want to take some of their classes but I live 45 miles away from Lubbock where the MRC is. I have a driving phobia, a major major major fear of driving in any city except my own hometown. My husband is off on Fridays so he takes me to the MRC. I can't get there any other time to go to any classes, I'd like to take some of the cooking ones and some of the eating disorder/emotional eating ones but I can't. I think they have some classes on Saturdays but I don't think my hubby would want to spend his Saturday there, lol, maybe i could talk him into it, I'll see which classes they offer on Saturdays.

gasoline is $3.17 here!! What is it like where everyone else lives?
Old 03-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #504  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post

It was $3.19 when I filled up yesterday. Other than my mortgage, gasoline is my biggest monthly expense. I spend ~$900 a month, just on gas! That's more than I spend on food for my whole family! *sigh* Only 24 more years until retirements
Old 03-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #505  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

24 More Years! WOOHOO! I don't know what gas is here today. I think it was like $3.09 last week when I filled up @ Racetrac or Speedway. I usually try to go to Sam's Club for gas b/c it's a few cents cheaper. Luckily we live only 3.5 miles from work (we work together) and the day care and babysitter's are only 4-5 miles (different directions) from our house. On a normal day I drive about 34 miles roundtrip. When I go to the gym that adds another 6 or 7 b/c that's close too. Also, we can run our gas through the business b/c both vehicles are company vehicles. However, since we ARE the business we're still paying! At least we get the tax deduction! Can't get away from it either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
It was $3.19 when I filled up yesterday. Other than my mortgage, gasoline is my biggest monthly expense. I spend ~$900 a month, just on gas! That's more than I spend on food for my whole family! *sigh* Only 24 more years until retirements
Old 03-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #506  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotta lose it View Post
Anyone who can answer,

I missed a couple days because work is crazy, but congratulations to everyone. I try reading every night, but I'm only on pg 14. You all chat so much I can't keep up - but I do keep motivated, so I'm not complaining!!!!

I have a few questions. I'm getting ready to deploy soon. I was asked by the clinic if I wanted to just start stabilization, continue as best I could and contact them by e-mail while I'm gone, or be put on hold until I return. I still have 22 pounds to lose. How does stabilization work? Is it feasible to continue while deployed and just stay in contact via e-mail with the center? How much do you lose during stabilization? What, in your opinion, is the better thing to do?

Also, I need a few pointers on what to do for the plane trip. It's going to take me a couple days to get there, with all the stops we have to make and I'm quite nervous about food options. I know I can bring some food on the plane, and of course HNS's, but a couple days worth??? Also, after I get there, it's going to be cafeteria type food - What then? I asked someone who was there now and they said the food is horrible (maybe I won't want to eat). It's things like goulash, burgers, and junk like that. HELP!

Any ideas or help would be appreciated! Thanks!
I went thourgh Stab 2 years ago (got pregnant since). You will continue to lose, but only because it is low calorie, not due to Ketosis. It slowly adds extra foods back in. Dairy, upto 3 fruits, more breads and pastas... Knowing what it is like in the desert conditions... I would be put on hold. It will be very difficult if not impossible to eat 100% OP. And you HNS are bound to not get to you on time. You have no scale to keep accountability. For the cost of the program I would continue when I got back. I would recommend a low carb, low fat low calorie diet while you are there. I am sure they will have healthier options, just probably not the exact foods you need to stay OP. Continue with your healthy eating habits. Plus, most people I know that deploy find they walk everywhere and have nothing to do but go to the gym. Then if you haven't lost that last 20, you can start back to the center, or if you have then you are still entitled to the Stab menus and Maintance.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:52 AM   #507  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

venvix congrats on the size 10 and here's a hug you deserve it!

readytobethinagain great job on the 1lb loss! keep it up!

I had Behavior Modification last night. It was on visual cues and adverstising. We talked a lot about how advertisers make food look appealing, etc... Donuts favorite book was brought up, "eat this, not that" and we talked about the famous "bella turkey burger" from Ruby Tuesday and how bad it really is. It actually has 1145 calories and 71 grams of fat! Not such a great choice! We also discussed what marketing "tricks" are used to make that hamburger you see on ads look so great.... for example.... a juicy hamburger. It required 3lbs of beef, vegetable oil, brown food coloring, 100 hamburger buns, 2 cases of lettuce, a dozen tomatoes, superglue, tweezers, paintbrush, waterproof spray, water and glycerine.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #508  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 177/167/150

Height: 5'6"

Boy, I am having a hard time keeping up wiht this board! I love it!

my life has been in a shambles for the last few months, but looking a bit smoother in the future. So hopefully I will be able to take some extra time out for ME!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome back! I feel all warm & fuzzy!

Meemo - You ROCK Gurl!

SHINEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the add! You are a beautiful woman! Myspace has been a real blessing for keeping in touch with family & friends.!!!

LONG weekend ahead - Y'all keep 'em comin!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #509  
Started Program: 3/8/08

S/C/G: 228.5/216/150

Height: 5'6

Default Gas.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Thank you ShineOn
I really want to take some of their classes but I live 45 miles away from Lubbock where the MRC is. I have a driving phobia, a major major major fear of driving in any city except my own hometown. My husband is off on Fridays so he takes me to the MRC. I can't get there any other time to go to any classes, I'd like to take some of the cooking ones and some of the eating disorder/emotional eating ones but I can't. I think they have some classes on Saturdays but I don't think my hubby would want to spend his Saturday there, lol, maybe i could talk him into it, I'll see which classes they offer on Saturdays.

$3.17......that would be a huge relief...here on the West Coast it's $3.51 for regular and rising. On Monday I paid $3.21. I hate that...between HNS and gas I am in the poor house

Thanks for all the info. in the past few posts. It has been great...Going to Costo tomorrow for a bag of chicken breasts and anything else I can buy to keep my OP
Old 03-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #510  
Started Program: 3/8/08

S/C/G: 228.5/216/150

Height: 5'6

Default THanks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantdieting View Post
I WI tomorrow and I’m hoping their scales are as sweet as mine!

HappyDaisey ~ I get the LaTortillas at Kroger but they just recently stocked them. Talk to the health food manager and have your MRC manager called them…that’s all it took for our Kroger to get them. On the HNS, my son is a trainer and he thinks I'm crazy for buying the HNS....his recipe is the same as Meemo's with the Crystal Light.....except he prefers soy protein powder instead of whey protein. My favs are the HNS consentrates: orange & grape; creamy: I love the hot chocolate and double chocolate pudding.

Good night everyone!
JanT
JanT Thanks for the info. on LaTortillas - Fred Meyer out here owns Kroger so maybe they have them there. I will check sometime tonight. It would certainly open up my breakfast possibilities.
Closed Thread