Old 01-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #61  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Venvix- I live in denver off of i-70 and tower so the aurora center is closest to me but i was also going to the westminister center . I actually grew up in greeley maybe that is why you remember? Well today has been day 2 op and so far so good i do have a ? does anyone here know if string cheese or red hot hotsauce are ok to have?
alexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #62  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

alexiah - low fat string cheese is ok - most come in 1 ounce sizes which is very convenient. I'm not sure about the hot sauce since I didn't use it a lot pre MRC Although, I do remember Mary V talking about hot sauce, BTW - where are you Mary V?? You haven't left us, have you?
Lilyannas Mom - Oh, I remember that day well. Then it will be the first day of kindergarten, high school and before you know it, you will be hauling things in her dorm room. I was a mess with all of them!! Your friend is right, consistency is the key. When tempted to go off plan, always ask yourself - is it worth a 3 day set back? That's how long it usually takes us to get back into fat burning mode. Speaking of missing person's - Hello Donuts! Where have you been?? I'm anxious to hear about your new weigh loss milestone.

Last edited by ShineOn; 01-08-2008 at 09:34 PM.
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #63  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

Height: 5'7"

Alexiah - String cheese is great. When i have to grab lunch to go I usually just crab three of those, an apple and some raw celery. Love it. I also buy the cheddar cheese in the one ounce packages and stuff too. Very convenient. I would also say that Franks Red Hot is fine as long as you use it in moderation. Some of the recipes that my center gave us has it in it. Great for a kick in The flavor!!

ShineOn - Freak me out about tomorrow taking her to college!!! I am so not ready LOL Lets get through the first week of preschool first

All the zucchini talk and I had to have some too. I made something really yummy for supper tonight. I cut the zucchini into slices and then cut them in half. I added some bell pepper, green onions and a ton of garlic. A little pepper. Pam and my 5 ICBINB sprays. Just kind of stir fried it. It was AWESOME! Glad there is enough for tomorrow
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Well.....I am feeling sick. There is a horrible cold going around here.

For whomever commented on nails growing with the use of Flax, I found the same thing.

Tomorrow at our center there is a class about the causes of stress. I cannot wait to go. That will be so good for me.

Question: is your goal weight loss from the day that you sign up (including preconditioning) or after your program actually starts (not with the preconditioning)?

Last edited by jeweliek; 01-08-2008 at 11:12 PM.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #65  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
OK, I just have to climb up on my soapbox and say this The last thread ended on a negative note about the $ amount spent on MRC and not knowing if the lbs lost were worth it. I think as women, we have a little guilt with spending money on ourself anyway. If you're tempted to add up how much you spend on MRC - please factor in how much you are saving on groceries, eating out in restaurants, fast food and HEALTH CARE! My initial fee to join was "expensive", however, I probably would have spent more money on a program that has weekly fees PLUS, we get a year of counseling once we hit goal weight - not to mention the food counseling, classes and cooking tips. This is a lifestyle change and they're helping with all aspects of it. My weekly bill on HNS is more than paid for in the reduced grocery and meals out bill. So, I honestly think I'm saving money per week. And, as said by my tightwad husband, the initial fee is less than a doctors visit and getting healthy again is PRICELESS. So please don't start questioning if you are worth it - because you are!
Glad you addressed this - scoot over on that soapbox & make room for me! Cost is one of the things that kept me from signing up at MRC for awhile (I didn't know details, just knew that the friends I'd talked to who'd done it said it was pricey). There were times that I cringed a bit, and wondered if my husband (also a tightwad) would present me with a bill at some point! And occasionally he'd say "Again??" when I had another credit card charge for MRC. But whenever I brought up the cost he'd say "Hey, we'd just have spent it on something way less worthwhile." We looked at it as an investment in my mental and physical well-being. And truthfully, I look at it as part of my long-term accountability. I don't know what the final "bill" was when I hit maintenance (and don't really want to know!) - but it doesn't matter. For me, it was money well spent.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #66  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Doing some research

Hi,
I've been reading through the posts for the past couple of days and I'm trying to decide if this is a good diet plan for me. It seems like a good plan and reading the comments it seems like everyone is doing very well.

How often do you have to eat on this plan? Is it a rigid time frame? The reason I ask is because I'm a nurse working 12 hour shifts at night, 3 times a week. Most nights I'm lucky if I'm able to stop for a 20 minute break. Are you able to do the protein drinks for a quick meal? Any help is appreciated.

Last Friday I stopped by a center and they told me I would need to lose about 43 lbs and I could do it in 14 weeks if I stuck to plan - so I would do the 17 week plan. I feel like that seems like a short time and I could do it, but I don't want to set my self up for failure if I can't stick to a rigid eating schedule the 3 nights I have to work. I'm also not a big vegetable fan.

Thank you for your time!
HumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #67  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
I went and wi today after school- up .5--- what the heck? I have been so op this week, probably more than ever. I don't get it. I am a little frustrated, but I am going to go to the Y and work off some of this frustration before I sit down and eat dinner. I am trying the spaghetti squash tonight- it is in the oven. Is it always hard to cut, or did I pick a bad one-- how do you know how to pick a good one?
Sorry the scale didn't cooperate this week - there are so many things it could be & I'm sure you know them all, but it doesn't matter when you've worked at it & don't see immediate results I know.
Spaghetti squash is hard to cut - that's why I pierce mine & cook it whole, then cut it after. Much easier that way!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:15 AM   #68  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post

Question: is your goal weight loss from the day that you sign up (including preconditioning) or after your program actually starts (not with the preconditioning)?
Sorry you're feeling sick - hope it'll pass & not be the bad cold.
Not sure what you mean with your question - but they count your loss from the time you sign up. You're working towards a goal weight (which can be adjusted) rather than a goal # of lbs lost (if that makes sense).
Old 01-09-2008, 12:24 AM   #69  

Height: 5'7"

WI today and I lost 1/2 pound and I was surprised....after 8lb lost last week I didn't think the scales would move today!

Alexiah ~ Here's some you asked for a few pages back! Hope you have a great WI...remember to drink more water and eat more fish!

ShineOn ~ I love it when you get on the soapbox! I totally agree with you. The money you spend on MRC should keep you accountable! And ladies.... just think about it, it wasn't cheap getting to this weight! But it will be priceless when we reach goal!

Donuts....are you at Krispy Kreme?
jantdieting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:34 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Not sure what you mean with your question - but they count your loss from the time you sign up. You're working towards a goal weight (which can be adjusted) rather than a goal # of lbs lost (if that makes sense).
Meemo - my contract doesn't have a goal weight. It has 51 lbs. We don't have a goal weight at all. I am worried about not making it. I know that I am in the beginning. And I know that there are a lot of benefits to this program. But this is EXPENSIVE. I know this is a sore subject. I understand that I am getting healthy, but the honest truth is this does cost me a lot more than before. I had wrote a comment about this and deleted it (trying not to make waves) but, I think that I want to say it.

I am very concerned about how I am going to do stabilization on my own if I do not make goal with my contract. I live on a tight budget. I never spend money on myself and always am great at keeping a very low amount for my food budget. This way of eating is more expensive. I didn't eat out much before, and I do OAMC to have quick easy meals. Now the food is more expensive and I am spending $160 every other week on supplements. I know that I cannot reasonable do this forever. I am actually concerned about how this is going to work for the next 3 months.

Yes getting healthy is worth it. I never question it's worth. I am so happy with my weight loss and the health results that I am already seeing, but due to the cost I am terrified to mess up! I don't want to add any more cost to this journey.

I do not mean this to be mean or put things in a negative light, but I want the other side of this said. I was estimated a MUCH lower amount of money going out than it has cost me. I see it all go because I follow my budget so closely! In the long run, it will pay off. But right now.....it is hard and stressful.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:17 AM   #71  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Meemo - my contract doesn't have a goal weight. It has 51 lbs. We don't have a goal weight at all. I am worried about not making it. I know that I am in the beginning. And I know that there are a lot of benefits to this program. But this is EXPENSIVE. I know this is a sore subject. I understand that I am getting healthy, but the honest truth is this does cost me a lot more than before. I had wrote a comment about this and deleted it (trying not to make waves) but, I think that I want to say it.

I am very concerned about how I am going to do stabilization on my own if I do not make goal with my contract. I live on a tight budget. I never spend money on myself and always am great at keeping a very low amount for my food budget. This way of eating is more expensive. I didn't eat out much before, and I do OAMC to have quick easy meals. Now the food is more expensive and I am spending $160 every other week on supplements. I know that I cannot reasonable do this forever. I am actually concerned about how this is going to work for the next 3 months.

Yes getting healthy is worth it. I never question it's worth. I am so happy with my weight loss and the health results that I am already seeing, but due to the cost I am terrified to mess up! I don't want to add any more cost to this journey.

I do not mean this to be mean or put things in a negative light, but I want the other side of this said. I was estimated a MUCH lower amount of money going out than it has cost me. I see it all go because I follow my budget so closely! In the long run, it will pay off. But right now.....it is hard and stressful.
Oops, I stand corrected! I just pulled out my contract & it did have lbs lost rather than a goal weight - I guess my focus was more in terms of my own goal weight as I went along rather than how many lbs. And I think we usually talked about my goal weight.
At any rate, your starting weight is the weight on the day you signed up. And you don't have to be all the way to your goal weight to start stabilization - you can be within 5-10 lbs, I think, because you continue to lose during stabilization.
I totally understand where you're coming from. I can't remember which supplements you're taking - but the only thing you have to buy from them is the HNS. There are much cheaper sources for everything else. (Wish I'd known about some of them myself earlier!) I know some people have mentioned that their centers are good about working with them to help keep the costs down, hopefully yours is one of those. The best thing I can tell you tho is to just hang in there & do everything you can to maximize your chances of success - stick with the plan (I'm the last one that can say "never cheat" because I'm such a self-confessed cheater myself) & exercise. I mostly stuck with the plan, exercised 6 days a week, did the bare minimum of HNS daily (except for a couple of times when I stalled a bit) & even I made it to goal & maintenance! We're all different, so we all have to figure out what we can & can't get away with. But stick with the basics & you should get there just fine.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:29 AM   #72  
Bonnie

Quote:
My contract is from the day of my food class (although I only had two days of pre-conditioning). As far as the cost, there are ways to keep the cost down. I think there was quite a discussion on that topic in the last thread. I am personally doing the minimum of their HNS and adding the optionals by my own concoction. The cost is somewhat staggering when you just look at the numbers but I know my overall grocery bill hasn't really gone up. I'm a little more forceful with the leftovers for the family, and my grocery bill isn't all that much (I eat a lot of cottage cheese, buffalo, frozen green beans or broccoli - all of which I pick up at Sam's for cheap). I'm amazed by the amount of junk I grazed on a daily basis, since I really notice how much longer food seems to stay in the cupboards! If you're thrifty, you can make this work - hang in there!
bomaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #73  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
My contract is from the day of my food class (although I only had two days of pre-conditioning).
Now see that's interesting - my "beginning date" on the contract was the date I signed up. I think it was a Thursday or Friday - my food class was the following Friday so I had a week of pre-conditioning which I didn't take very seriously (but should have!).
Old 01-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #74  
sunnyglow

S/C/G: 223/204/145

Height: 5' 3"

Has anyone has time periods of stomach upset on the plan? I have had an upset stomach for almost a week since I started back.

Sunny
sunnyglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #75  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

jeweliek - I would suggest cutting back to just the multi-vitamin, flax and the HNS. Exercise 6 - 7 times per week at a minimum of 30 min and follow the plan exactely. What I think I'm hearing under the $ is the panic of not hitting you goal weight. I just did a rough calculation. If you are within 10 lbs of goal, you can still go on stabilization. With 3 months left - that puts you at an average of 2.67 lbs per week. You're numbers are strong. Try to stay calm and let the program work for you. You've already come a long way and the weight loss will really start to make a difference for you. The first 20lbs was the hardest for me to lose (so many rules to learn on how to eat and think differently about food). Once I got closer to the 30lbs mark, I really started to notice a lot of difference - how my clothing fit, my energy level, feeling a lot more healthy. And the weight did start coming off a lot fast with this last 20 lbs. You are already a thrifty grocery shopper so you probably already know this. I wait for the sales on frozen vegetables and frozen fruit and stock up. Steamed broc or green beans are my favorite. And I love the frozen rasberries or strawberries - just let them unthaw with a packet of splenda. I believe, once you hit stablization, your HNS gets reduced down - am I right on this Meemo?

Last edited by ShineOn; 01-09-2008 at 09:34 AM.
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote