Old 01-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #16  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Marcee, My mom had a brush with ovarian cancer this year. I do not know exactly how you are feeling, but the time when we didn't know what would happen was frightening. I have many health problems and have been on 5 medical holds, soon to be on another one. :-(.
My health probably suffered because of my mom's issues. MRC will probably make YOU stronger and able to handle MORE stress than if you did not have the consistent routine to fall back on. Do not look at my ill health as the norm. I was very ill when I started MRC so where I am is better than where I was.
Do not beat yourself up for having to go off-program when at hospitals, dr. appointments, etc. Just try to make healthy decisions. I will be praying for you and your family. I believe trying to get down to your goal weight will help both you and your mother. Just remember, it is a marathon, not a sprint. You will not always be "at the top of your game", but the main goal is to finish the race meeting your goal. I'm sure all of us on this thread will be praying for your family. Please come here and vent, ask for advice, etc. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I am going on a medical hold today. Ibuprofen is killing my tummy. Hopefully my dr. can help. Everyone stay strong. Stick to the plan.
oreoparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'6

Oreoparent: I am so sorry that your shoulder just won't cooperate. I think everyone in your family should be aware of your situation and let you have first choice of beds when you travel. That is terrible. Hopefully this hold won't be too long. Keep posting. We are here for you.
SpringfieldAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'6

Well we had the most gorgeous day here yesterday. We went to the zoo with the kids. Not a regular winter activity for us. It was fun, but I slipped. We stopped for ice cream on the way home and I just couldn't say no. My husband started out very supportive and tried to help me make good choices, but I think he is tired of it and now it is up to me. Unfortunately I was weak. I came home and ate some of a corn muffin while making dinner. Finally, I had some almonds before bed.

Today is a new day. I am back on plan and doing better. I just needed to put it out there and move on. Thanks.
SpringfieldAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Default help

Alright, I know that I haven't posted a lot here, but I really need help. I am on day 30 of my program and had 1.5 weeks preconditioning. I have lost 20 pounds. I haven't really thought of cheating. I even made muffins, pizza bites, calzones, bread, etc. and didn't sneak a bite. I was so proud.

However, this last weekend was REALLY hard. I had a bite of a muffin and a wrap at lunch even tho I could have had a salad and stayed on plan. I missed my fruit and found it super hard to get my food in in 5 hours, it was closer to 5 1/2. I really don't want to add any extra time to this. I honestly cannot afford it. Not medically or finacially. It is amazing to me how much this is costing.

One more question, I have never had zucchini. Any suggestions on what to do with it? I bought some because I want to try everything on the list to add more variety.

Thanks
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #20  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

There is a recipe for Zuchini lasagna in the MRC cookbook. I am at work and don't have it right here next to me to give you but perhaps someone else does...
MSTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 193/148.5/145

Height: 5'7"

Well - I have been on vacation for about 2 1/2 weeks. I read the posts - but there are way too many of them to respond to each.

The big one - Congratulations Sam! Sounds like you and baby are doing well. When I read about your dreams and hormones and DH not getting it I had to laugh. I remember (when pregnant with twins) my husband insisting I get out of the house and he took me to a park. I was feeling sick and didn't want to be there - I sat down and cried, called my sister and cried... My DH thought I was having a break down or something. Treat yourself like a queen during the pregnancy - massages, pedicures... once the baby comes those pamperings will be few and far between.

Congrats to all the big losers, small losers and those who simply maintained throughout the holidays!

Welcome to all the newbies!

I had lost 3 pounds over the holidays, but at this morning's wi I had gained a pound - Oh well, I can't say I followed the program to a tee this week. I just have to get back on track. I'm about 5.5 pounds above where I should be at this moment - I'll have to hit the gym this week.

I have a question for everyone - do you really think the MRC6 works? I've been taking it for about 3 weeks and really this has been my slowest loss period of the whole program. I am starting to doubt it's efficiency. Thanks for your input.
feelinbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #22  
sunnyglow

S/C/G: 223/204/145

Height: 5' 3"

Feelin Better,

I have been on MRC 6 too. I cannot say for sure that it does not work..but it does not seem to make a difference to me. As a matter of fact, it gives me digestive problems. I think it is hogwash. I am only taking it because I spent $55 for it. I was losing at the same rate and the same amount of inches before I started taking it. What do some of you other think?
sunnyglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #23  
sunnyglow

Springfield Amy,

I took a hiatus from the program in December. I now feel better and ready to start again. I exercised alot so I did not gain...I personally think it is good to give ourselves a break. It is hard, frustrating, and disheartening to feel the pressure of having to lose in a certain time period. Why should we rush ourselves. So what I am going to do is stay on plan for a while and then if I feel I need to, I will take a break. MRC can tell you how many calories you can consume to maintain...

Sunny
Old 01-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 178/174/130

Height: 5'2"

HI all- thanks for the replys- they really helped. I called MRC today and have an appointment at 2:30pm. My hubby is on board and is determined that we will be at the gym 4 days a week- so there's hope!

Oreoparent & marce- I know it's hard to stay on track when your chaseing doctors and tests. You're on their schedule not yours but your concern & dedication to your family is a wonderful thing. I'm a Critical Care nurse and it's always refreshing to see a family working together. Good luck with your goals and your family.

I did the grocery shopping last night- trying to get kids ready for school tomorrow. I stayed FAR away from chips and dips which are my personal nymisis. Apples, vegies, easy to cook chicken and tons of tuna for my husband ( his quick work lunch of choice). Luckly he caught a lot of fish last weekend. I tend to overeat at our get togethers we have with friends every weekend. So now we'll be having grilled fish & vegies. And I'm going to try some of the ideas I've seen posted in your earlier threads.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do the program for less $$- Its sounds like the suppliments cost a ton! Right now I can afford it so I'm excited, but you know any saved money is a great thing!
purpleMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #25  
sunnyglow

Feelin Better,

I just looked. You are so close to your goal. I would not be worried about MRC6 if I was as close as you are to your goal. Congratulations.

Sunny
Old 01-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #26  
Bonnie

Quote:
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do the program for less $$- Its sounds like the suppliments cost a ton! Right now I can afford it so I'm excited, but you know any saved money is a great thing!
The only supplements I'm taking are flax, vitamin (pill in the morning, liquid lunch & dinner, chromium, calcium, CoQ10, 5HTP, and Hoodia. I buy it wherever it's cheapest - usually Sam's Club, Wal-Mart or Walgreen's. I take my required three HNS and usually add a fourth homemade from basic whey bought at the healthfood store.

I'm thrilled to say that it's working!! I remember being scared in the beginning that it just wouldn't work for me; sure, everyone else BUT me. (Do I get the Debbie Downer award or what??) I weighed in today, got measured, etc. I never would have thought I'd be down over 16 pounds in this amount of time. I've lost 1.5 inches just in my arms, 2 in my hips, 2 on my waist. That was enough to put a grin on my face for the day!
bomaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #27  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Zucchini is great in the Turkey Lasagna in the cookbook. It is one of our favorite meals, BUT, I only have it once a month because all f the cheese helps me retain water. My husband likes me to sauté zucchini in some olive oil with any of the Mrs Dash varieties sprinkled in. My husband wants to also try the zucchini chip recipe in the cookbook.
I believe MRC6 helps me. Of course, anything helps with my compromised digestive system. When I have not taken it on medical hold I gained weight faster. I do not know exactly what it does, but my body likes it. Donuts might could tell you what all those ingredients do for you.
I'm heading into the kitchen to try to make a turkey soup with the chicken bouillon. Wish me luck!
Have a great MRC day!
oreoparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #28  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

Hey everyone

Okay so today I got my swift kick in the booty My mother is on the preconditioning menu right now. She started on it Saturday morning. She lost 2.5 pounds when she weighed in. I pretended to be soo happy, but at the same time I felt like crap because I haven't lost anything. I have been back OP for 3 days. Nothing has changed yet. I know that it will but still. I am really excited though to have her doing this with me, because she was the person that I would always go off program with.... this is good even though I felt kicked LOL. I think perhaps I was extra emotional because I had another counseling session WAY early this morning. I always feel a little bruised and sore emotionally after that. Perhaps that is why.

As far as MRC-6 goes, I stopped taking it. My doctor said that there is no medical proof, even though there has been tons of study on those types of things, that it even works. She also took me off the extra Vitamin B 6 and 12 vitamins. She said that there is more than enough vitamin b's in the multi vitamin. There were others that she said was optional as well. I have to go with my doctor on this program. I know that MRC is doctor made etc, but no one knows my body better than me except my doctor LOL.
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #29  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

Default P.s.

Zuchini is awesome if you cut both ends off and slice it down the middle. Put a little olive oil and garlic on it (some garlic powder too if you like lots of garlic like me) and throw it on the grill. Yum yum.
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!

Just trying to catch up on posts from over the weekend. Wow! Lots of new "faces" ...awesome!

Zuchini My favorite way to eat zuchini is to dice it up, add to cooked cubed chicken breast (with garlic and pepper seasonings) and top with mozarella cheese! (I guess on Metaslim Plus this could be a lunch - dinner without the cheese.)

MRC6 Not sure if it really works or not, but I'm taking it and losing at a pace that makes me happy, so I guess I'm sold.

My Son O.k., so my "little" boy is 11 years old, and is overweight. He is not really active in sports (he's developmentally disabled and autistic so things can be difficult for him), although he does do swim classes. I've been trying to move him to a more healthy thinking...and I was so proud of him that yesterday at the grocery store, he picked out his own vegetables and his own "Healthy Kids" canned fruit. We agreed that he won't eat any cookies or ice cream (even though they are reduced fat) except on the weekends. AND he wants to commit to "working out" (meaning walking on the treadmill and lifting 2 lb. hand weights) at least 3 times this week.

Another success story Basically I made my own MRC chile out of buffalo and kidney beans and black beans and green onions, etc. Well, I made a "regular" pot of chile for the rest of the family, and somehow burned the heck out of it, so they all had to eat mine. They loved it!!! I'm going to stop making so many separate meals.

HEALTHY WEIGHT IN 2008!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote