Old 01-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #31  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone thought id check in and wish everyone a happy on plan monday!

Raemi- Is the chili recipe in the mrc cookbook?

Well i am back at work today after 2 weeks off, my mom had her biopsy friday it went well ,we should get results somtime this week i hope. I just want to get all this behind me, it has been hard. So far today i have been on plan i am doing the meta quick plan to get back on track so we will see how that goes i am gonna try and do it all week, But sunday i am gonna watch the cowboys game (big dallas fan) and i really need to stay on track so everyone PLEASE send me all your willpower dust..lol well gotta get back to work so i will check in tonight befor bed talk to you all soon.
alexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'6

I don't really think that the MRC6 works either. I took two bottles of it. I can't tell a difference since I have been off of it. The multi has more than 100% of the b vitamins. Your body just eliminates any extra through urine so I never took any extra of that either. I am down to flax, multi and the all day again. I tried hoodia, but that made me sick at my stomach. I have guggle that I take when I remember it and internal cleanser. I take the internal cleanser pretty regularly with all of the cheese I eat with breakfast.

We are sitting here watching tornado after tornado go by. It is going to be a long night. Makes me want to munch. I have had all of my HSN so hopefully decaf coffee will get me through.
SpringfieldAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #33  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelinbetter View Post

I have a question for everyone - do you really think the MRC6 works? I've been taking it for about 3 weeks and really this has been my slowest loss period of the whole program. I am starting to doubt it's efficiency. Thanks for your input.
I always took it so I can't compare. (I'm taking the iherb version now while I try to get these holiday lbs off.)
You're most likely slowing down now because you're getting so close to your goal weight. The less you weigh, the fewer calories you need just to breath & keep your heart beating, y'know? So it's a good time to kick up your exercise a little to start burning a few more calories.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #34  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Alright, I know that I haven't posted a lot here, but I really need help. I am on day 30 of my program and had 1.5 weeks preconditioning. I have lost 20 pounds. I haven't really thought of cheating. I even made muffins, pizza bites, calzones, bread, etc. and didn't sneak a bite. I was so proud.

However, this last weekend was REALLY hard. I had a bite of a muffin and a wrap at lunch even tho I could have had a salad and stayed on plan. I missed my fruit and found it super hard to get my food in in 5 hours, it was closer to 5 1/2. I really don't want to add any extra time to this. I honestly cannot afford it. Not medically or finacially. It is amazing to me how much this is costing.

One more question, I have never had zucchini. Any suggestions on what to do with it? I bought some because I want to try everything on the list to add more variety.

Thanks
Don't stress over a little slip - it that's your first slip up you've done WAY better than I did! And for heaven's sake don't stress over 1/2 hour - I swear to goodness I don't remember them telling us not to go more than 5 hrs without eating (I must have spaced during that tidbit of info!) and I KNOW I went more than 5 hrs plenty of times. That's optimal, but going a little longer here & there won't derail you (unless you let it). Remember, stress = water weight, and the last thing you should stress over is being human!
Zucchini - my favorite way to fix it is either sauteed with some garlic in olive oil or roasted in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes - I slice it or cut it lenghwise, line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil & spray it with olive oil Pam, put the zucchini (I like to do it with yellow squash, peppers sometimes baby eggplant) on the foil, then spray it again with the Pam & sprinkle some Mrs. Dash over it. (Or fresh rosemary when I have it.) Oh, and whole garlic cloves too. Yummy!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:54 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/150

Went to WI today...lost 5lbs since friday..was sure happy with that...Also bought some Hoodia at walmart today..so many kinds hope i got the right one...Was a good diet day..although the smell of chicken nuggets my kids were eating almost got the best of me....
Marcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #36  

Height: 5'7

Looks like everyone is losing pounds this week. Great job! I WI today and was down 2 lbs. It made my day because I've been getting a little discouraged lately with the .5 here and there losses. It's hard sometimes-but we've invested lots of money and effort in this program and it's working-sometimes not as fast as I'd like but I guess as fast as our body wants it to -to stay healthy.

to all the new folks that have joined MRC and to those considering. This site is what helped me make my decision to sign on with MRC. I read all the threads and saw the success so many people were having. I actually had my consultation before I found this site and I was really struggling with justifing spending the amount of money on myself. The before and after pictures the center showed me of some of their success stories didn't really hook me it was the support and sharing from this group that hooked me.

Marcee- I know it is really hard for you dealing with your mother's cancer. I lost my Dad in 2001 to lung cancer. It was the hardest thing I've ever been through. Never give up-keep living your lives the best you can. If losing weight will give your mother peace of mind-do it-but remember you have to do it first for yourself. I wish you much luck and my prayers are with you and your family.

I take the MRC6 and so far I like the results.

Good luck to all.
me first this time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:50 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 186.5/164.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default it can only get easier from here

I joined MRC because I knew that I had a rough holiday season coming up. Boy was that the understatement of the century! The highlights were: My beloved grandfather passed away on Christmas, my hubby got laid off the next day, my hard drvie with all my photography crashed while I was out of town, my dad hit a deer with my mom's new car, and my Jeep had to have $450 of maintenance on it. December was rough, no doubt about it.

I'm proud to say that I have only had one really bad day. Saturday was my grandfather's memorial service, and I spectacularly swan dived off the wagon and splattered in an unattractive belly flop. Man that was a bad day. Desserts, finger foods, stews and a giant glass of wine. Ugh.

They are talking about switching me to an "alternative menu" if I'm still not losing tomorrow, but I know for sure that I maintained the last couple WI because I am *stressed*. I had my pity party, I'm still paying for it, but I've picked myself up and I'm moving on.

The only person who knows the whole story at the center is the only male consultant. I used to dread WI with a guy, but I kind of like it now. He's grown on me, and I don't have to explain myself to him every time I'm there.

I lost 11.5 pounds and 22.5 inches from Thanksgiving to New Years. I'll take my few tiny gains and maintains and I just keep reminding myself that my success was no small feat. I have signed up for classes every tuesday this month, along with a nutritional class and a pizza party. It's time to get some help, get motivated, and get on with it!

You ladies are great inspirations, and I want to thank you for all of your wisdom, and kind shoulders
TeddieBare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:55 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 186.5/164.5/140

Height: 5'5"

As for the supplements, I keep mine in my desk at work so hubby doesn't question me about them. I didn't have them the few weeks I was away from work over the holidays and I had the biggest loss so far - 5 pounds the day after Christmas.

I'm going to take them until they are gone, but then I think I'm going to just stick to the flax and liquid minerals (I can't take the multi cause it has paba in it). I also love the 5 htp and the internal cleanser. I'm off of anxiety meds and I think the 5 htp and the diet are to credit with that. I'm also acne free for the first time in my 29 years!

I'm a slow loser naturally so i was hoping that the supplements would help. So far I haven't been as impressed with them as I thought I would be. I think I'll save my money for HNS
TeddieBare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #39  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Teddie...sorry to hear of all of the December struggles you had to bear. It seems as though you are being positive, and understand that this is a journey that you are on. You will get to your goal, slow or fast, don't stress about that. Your 1 slip up, should be understood, that must have been a very emotional day for you.

I agree with those that say the supplements aren't noticable. I don't really notice any difference on or off of them. I think just the basics works best for me. I take Flax, multi, b6/b12 folic, and my HNS's. I don't want to spend a fortune on supplements, when my food and exercise seem to be doing the trick for me right now. MRC is really giving me the eating tools, encouragement, and accountability that I need.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 01-08-2008 at 07:32 AM.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #40  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

I am super tired today, which is strange, because my sleeping hasn't changed, and I am following on plan. It almost feels like when I first started MRC and my body was detoxing. I haven't gone off plan, wonder why I would feel so tired again? Has anyone else that has been on MRC for a few months experienced this? I notice I am on a loss slow down, for a few weeks, I had some big losses in a row. Now I am on just a 1pound here and a 1pound there. Do you think it is my body adjusting to the few weeks of big losses? I wi today before lunch, so I will ask the center also, but just thought I'd ask all my friends here first.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #41  

Height: 5'6''

I've had a total change of heart about the supplements. I've been off of them for about 3 weeks and haven't noticed much of a difference. If I ever go back on plan regularly, I won't take anything other than a multi and flax...that being said, I never took anything that was a serious appetite suppressant...and if you need one of those, by all means, take it. I never suffered with cravings or being hungry at odd times. I don't know if it's the pregnancy or what, but I'd love to be able to say that I didn't use anything except food and exercise to lose my next 90lbs! Teddie - I recommend finding a multi that you can take. If you can't take MRC's brand (which I never did) then find one without the paba in it that you can take. Multi-vits are the one thing that I think helps balance out diet better than anything else. If you don't eat something calcium packed every day, then your multi can pick up the slack (and so on with other nutrients). And considering all of the health concerns that face women as we get older (not calling you old ), we sure do want to make sure we get everything we need. Thats one thing they preached at us last night at my healthy pregnancy class...take your vitamin! For all I know, you might already be taking one, but if need be, get a kiddy vitamin. They recommended the flintstone vitamins to us last night if you have problems swallowing pills...chew a couple of those up instead.
I wanted to chime in on the cheese issue also...I am here to say that you can definately lose weight eating cheese more than once a day. I think 80percent of the time I had cheese with at least 2 meals a day, if not 3, plus a snack. I think the key for me was to not have cheese be my mail source of protein for more than one meal a day...but if you use cheese as a garnish or if you pamesean crust your meat at dinner, You'll still lose weight...I know I did. I think sometimes we stress a little too much about the tiny little things on plan when really we should step back and congratulate ourselves on how much better we eat. Think about all the changes you've made and stop worrying about the 1/2 oz of cheese that you melted over your broccoli at dinner. If you stress too much over your food, you'll retain weight anyway...not really worth it
Goal - did you get off plan? That would throw your body back into detox again, which would totally legitimize the feeling of detoxing... Don't worry about that loss pattern. My platueaus took that shape. Lose big, lose 1, lose big, lose 1, lose nothing, lose nothing, lose big, lose one...etc. My last few months have been that way. I crawled to 80, then jumped to 90. My brother had that same pattern and it discouraged him enough to get off plan, but I stuck with it and kept my head up and you can do it too. I think thats a totally normal loss pattern especially around the halfway point, which we are both close to. Talk to your center...they may have a good suggestion for you if they see your food log, but either way...keep that chin up...you're doing awesome!!

Last edited by Hvnlymzic; 01-08-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #42  
Bonnie

Sam, I'm so glad to have you here. You have such great insight and your positive attitude is so nice. Thanks! It'll be fun for us on the other (DONE!) end of having children to hear how things go and your experiences. Have a great day!
bomaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 193/148.5/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for all the responses on the MRC6 - I am just about through the bottle I purchased - I won't be purchasing it again. Seems like several of us don't believe it helps, but a few others do - just goes to show that we are all on the same journey but need to take different routes.

Sunnyglow - thanks for the comment about my being close to goal weight, but as Meemo pointed out - the weight starts dropping off more slowly at that point, and while I am happy to be here it is a frustrating place. Meemo is correct though - I have got to up the expended energy and burn off some calories.

SpringfieldAmy - I thought about you last night as the news was reporting on the Springfield area. I hope all is safe at your home and with your family and friends. It must have been terrifying.

Alexiah - I wish you the best of luck with the results from your Mom's biopsy. We go tomorrow (again) to hear about my Dad's. The first biopsy didn't get the right tissue, the second was unclear to pathologists here so they sent it to Mayo and that slowed us down again. He's already ruled out surgery and chemo - I can't disagree with him at his age. We will hear tomorrow if radiation is a possibility for any hope. Anyway - I hope your news is much, much brighter. Marcee - you are not alone in your struggles with this almost unbearbable process of watching our parents' health deteriorate. Feel free to unload thoughts at anytime.

TeddieBare - I second Hvnlymzic's advice about finding a vitamin that works for you. With all the stress you had last month - you have got to make sure that your body is getting the essentials!

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
feelinbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 178/174/130

Height: 5'2"

I had my 1st apt with MRC yesterday- very nice people. I did forgo all the extra suppliments- just bought guugle- I had flax, hoodia & MVI at home. I'm on preconditioning till thursday then take my intro class.
I was feeling pretty low about the lack of my normal over indulgences until I started reading these post's. Eveyone is so positive that it really helps my poor me's disapear! I am increadibly tired so I hope that changes soon.

-Are you guys talking about the MRC cookbook? All this food sounds great! I love to cook & since my hubby is one board with this I hope I can feed the family all the same meal. I'll have to pick up the cookbook on thursday.

Teddiebare- Wow. What a december. You've done an amazing job keeping a good attitude! You deserved your pity party so you could grieve for youself and your family. Your progress is great & you sound like your more healthy as well.

hvnlymzic- You have a good point about the calcium & MVI. My mom is currently kicking herself for not lifting weighs & taking her calcium earlier. Her doctor says she's the poster child for osteoporisis- tall skinny white girl. Her bone density came back horrible- like a 100 yr old brittle lady! She's 64yrs old and just hiked the Grand Cannon & camped with the Indians for 3 days!! Then she fell and broke her arm- major surgery & reconstruction went well, but her arm shouldn't have broken that severly. Thats why they did the bone density scan. Now she feels like she could crumble at any minute & she's afraid to ride her bike! she's taking all her vita's and supplements the dr. gives her and lifting weights, but had she done this 10yrs ago she could have significantly changed the outcome. So- lift your weights (cardio doesn't help bone density) & take your calcium!! Just another reason I'm doing this!

On that note- I'm off to the gym, then I'll take the girls ice skating for 2 hrs!
purpleMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #45  
Feelin' Great!

S/C/G: 177.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

TeddieBare - Sorry to hear about your holidays. Hope everything is looking up!

Just wanted to let you know that I go to the springs MRC, too and also love the 1 male consultant. My husband really likes him because he can relate more to my husband's weight loss and he never makes us feel guilty when we miss a weigh-in. He's also good at re-motivating us. We're both about 15 pounds away from our goal and the weight loss has definitely slowed down, but we're committed to reaching our goals!

I haven't taken any of the Tuesday classes, I can't quite make it to the center in time...we're usually one of the last clients. Let us know how it goes! I'll also miss the pizza class because we'll be on vacation, but it sounds yummy. I hope you'll post recipes!

My weight is still maintaining...Trying to kick up the exercise to get these last pounds off, but I'm not complaining because I maintained through the holidays with several "adult choices". I love that term. Good luck to everyone this week!
COKimBee is offline   Reply With Quote