Old 01-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 183/169.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Alexiah: I tried the strawberry banana hns and the ladies at the center said to drink it hot instead of making jello. I tried it and it's really good. I usually drink it mid afternoon and it definitely gets me through until dinner.
BrownEyedChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #152  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantdieting View Post

Nan11 ~ Saw your ad in the paper! What a great ad for MRC! WOW...you are looking good!! We clipped it out at work! Can we post it on our board???
I was about to ask the same thing - maybe Nan could scan it & put it in her profile??
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:55 AM   #153  
Bonnie

Alexiah: I mixed up the protein lists (in my head) the first week and had eggs/cheese for dinner a few times and still managed a loss. I still would if it was necessary. I weigh in tomorrow too but have to sub in the morning so might not get there til afternoon. Let us know how it goes.

Springfield Amy: Never fear on the buffalo. You cook it just like hamburger only not as well done. You really don't want to cook a burger past medium. When I worked in restaurants, I was told it didn't have the e-coli risks that ground beef had; therefore, it could be done less than well done. Ask Ruby's to cook it medium (a little pinkish in the middle) and give it a whirl. I actually like it better than ground beef! Good luck! Glad to hear you made it through the tornados okay too.
bomaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:45 AM   #154  
MuffinTop - Begone!!!

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleMommy View Post
Venvix- If you in our town, I know that MickyD's- I'm at the "other" hospital on MLK- no resturants here for us, just lard soaked cafe food.
I'm off to my instruction class! (at Citrus Park MRC) Wish me luck......
Hey purpleMommy, I actually don't live in Florida, I live in Colorado, but I swear that there's *always* some unhealthy fast food place at every entrance of every hospital in every state... and let's not even talk about the scary cafeteria food! Luckily, I've always been a person that avoids the cafeteria, and I have always preferred to bring in my own food... Hope your instruction class went well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moliver View Post
I was very hungry between meals for the first week or two (not as bad the 2nd week) after preconditioning. I did start a different brand of Hoodia the 2nd week so not sure if that's what helped or if my body just adjusted to the diet...Since then I only get hungry before meals, which is perfect.
I think I need to find some Hoodia myself, even tho' I think my body is finally adjusting to this plan, and I'm not quite as ravenous as I was before... It helps that now I'm on the blue (2nd week) menu, where I can have the creamy pudding... Of course, I messed it up the 1st time I made it, I didn't stir it fast enough, and used far too little water, and it came out a lumpy, powdery mess, but tonight's pudding was MUCH better....

Oh, and welcome, txrvkats! It's certainly nice to have more nurses here for support, as our eating schedules can be so restricted when we work...

Alexiah, can you beg the Aurora center to send the Westminster Center some of that Grape concentrate? I have yet to try it, as my center ran out of that concentrate a month ago, and they can't keep it in stock!
Sorry for the long post, just lots of people to chat with... I love it!
Venvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #155  

Height: 5'6''

venvix - One secret to the pudding that floated around this board a while ago is to mix it with a whisk. If you have a small one that works best. I use one that attaches to my mixer (i do it by hand though, in a glass). Speed hasn't ever mattered to me, but yes, the water has to be exact.

Thanks All - for the support and the sweet words to make me wanna stick around here. I didn't really join a pregnancy support board, so this is my only online family. Plus, I do want to stay up with info on MRC. I'll be back sometime and I know I'll have weight to lose. My center manager (the one that left) was teasing me and said "why couldn't you wait to get pregnant until after all your weight was off?? I wanted to submit you to the national office for publicity pictures." She cracks me up. I figure baby will slow me down for a little while on my weight loss, but baby isn't going to stop me. I'll have to lose this weight if I wanna keep up with a todler someday...

My fav. HNSs are grape concentrate and orange concentrate. I do like the straw-banana too though...I've never had it warm...only as jello

Off to write some lesson plans
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #156  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Morning ladies ? so the strawberry hns cant be mixes just like the others? I guess i am a little confused is it a jello or a drink? Anyway as of this morning i am at 233 that is 7 pounds since monday on my at home scale, so i will see how much of a differance the center scale is compared to mine. Sunday is the game and once again i am a little nervous about making ADULT choices..lol so i will need all your will power dust this weekend . I think i might cancel the plans to watch it at the sports bar and just stay home instead so i dont have to deal with the temptation! Talk to you all real soon have a great OP day!
alexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #157  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Morning ladies ? so the strawberry hns cant be mixes just like the others? I guess i am a little confused is it a jello or a drink? Anyway as of this morning i am at 233 that is 7 pounds since monday on my at home scale, so i will see how much of a differance the center scale is compared to mine. Sunday is the game and once again i am a little nervous about making ADULT choices..lol so i will need all your will power dust this weekend . I think i might cancel the plans to watch it at the sports bar and just stay home instead so i dont have to deal with the temptation! Talk to you all real soon have a great OP day!
Strawberry banana HNS is a gelatin - I really like it as a gelatin. I've never tried it hot as a drink but apparently some people like it that way. It'll serve its purpose either way.
You can eat on-program most anywhere - most sports bars I've been to have a salad with grilled chicken. But if you aren't sure you can handle the temptation, best to stay away for awhile until you're really entrenched in the program & have lost a good bit of weight. I find that a lot of "false starts" on a weight loss plan (where I lose a few lbs & gain them back) are really discouraging & I end up giving up.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

alexiah - you are going to do great! Don't panic. I should know. I panic ALL the time, but stress can make this worse (make you gain)

I learned something new at cooking class. We can only mix group 3 and group 1 proteins 1 time each week. I didn't know that and put a little cheese on my salad usually. Yikes, but I'm not gonna sweat it, just fix it.

Good luck all
I weighed in and am down another pound.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #159  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

My favorite HNS' are Wildberry Passion and Peach Mango (both powders).

I hope to make the vegetable pizza for the first time tonight. Hubby and I have a pizza we made up. Here's the recipe:

MEXICAN PIZZA (makes two pizzas:-)

2-50 calorie flour tortillas
10 oz ground turkey
2 tsp taco seasoning
1 tomato supplement dissolved in about 1 cup of water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp Walden Farms ketchup
ICBINB spray butter

Spray Tops and bottoms of tortillas with ICBINB, place on baking sheet and bake a 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes, just until crisp. Meanwhile, brown ground turkey in sauce pan, adding spices and tomato supplement when meat is mostly browned. Let simmer until juice is mostly absorbed (don't want it to be too juicy- it will run off tortilla onto pan). Divide up mixture between tortillas. Sprinkle each pizza with 1 oz of cheese. Bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted and and mixture is hot. Hubby likes to top his with salsa. You could make a homemade salsa recipe and put it on the pizza if you wished.

It replaces 6 oz of protein and starch/bread. You could reduce meat and cheese for 4 oz portion. If you add salsa it could count as your veggie, too.

I'm dealing with back-to-back migraines and still back trouble. I am staying OP as much as possible while I am on medical hold.

Has anyone else made the vegetable pizza in the cookbook? I plan to make it with spaghetti squash (never cooked one before:-). We might alter the topping of the veggie pizza a little to meet my dietary requirements. It says it makes 7-4oz servings. I'm guessing that's 4-5 6 oz servings.

I finally found a dress for my brother-in-law's wedding for next week. Even though I will not reach my goal for his wedding since I'm on hold, i was able to fit into a size 16W dress. It looks good on me. I will continue to have patience and know that soon I will be back on the losing road again.
Congrats to all of the losers! Welcome all newbies! Let's have a great MRC day!

Last edited by oreoparent; 01-11-2008 at 12:01 PM.
oreoparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #160  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Can anyone tell me exactly what is SUPPER SOLUTIONS? I read posts about that a while back but never had a chance to get more info, can anyone help please.
alexiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'6

jantdieting: Hope the storm stayed far away from you and you kept your power.

Thank you for the info on cooking Bison.

I opened a magazine last night and the first thing I saw was a quote:

"Attitude is everything. If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right, you can't."

Well that was well placed as I started to think I couldn't lose anymore weight as it got harder. I realized that I am just being a baby and lazy. There is no reason I can't be my goal. I was just making excuses so I didn't have to put in the work. Time to work out harder.

I did ask though. I was told that I can go to stabilization because I am within a healthy range. That was good to know. I think I realized that I do want to go further though because there were some ladies there who are going into stabilization and they were at the point I would really like to be. It isn't time to quit just yet. Time to make that final sprint to the end.

Anyway, thanks for listening to me ramble on. Have a great day everyone.
SpringfieldAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:13 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Can anyone tell me exactly what is SUPPER SOLUTIONS? I read posts about that a while back but never had a chance to get more info, can anyone help please.
Supper Solutions is a place that does Freezer cooking. You go in and use their kitchen and ingredients. Prepare the meals. Bring them home and put them in the freezer. There are directions for each meal. You take it out and prepare as directed for dinner.

I haven't ever used Supper Solutions, but do this type of cooking all the time!
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:23 PM   #163  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

I am so excited to have found this site. I have to tell you I have been real down lately about weight loss. The holidays were pretty rough, but I managed to make it through them. The last time I weighed in, before this morning, was on December 14th. Over this time I have been pretty faithful to plan and I recently took up exercise and by habit I weigh myself every morning....I know bad thing to do. Well over the past 2 weeks my home scale has said that I have gained 1.5 lbs. I was just about ready to throw in the towel when last night I decided I was go back to the center and weigh in. This morning I weighed in and I was up 1.5lbs, but my fat% went down and my fat mass decreased by 2lbs. My consultant told me to hang in there and that it would eventually reflect on the scale. I understand this, but it so hard when all you want to see is the number on the scale go down NOT up. Anyways after my consult this morning I feel re-energized to get to my goal. I think this open forum will be a good thing to help me get there too...just to see all the support is wonderful. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!
kristih6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #164  

We have Meal Markers and a few others. They now let you just come pick up the meals and you don't have to cook them. I think I will ask our center if they might try the same thing and work with them.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #165  

Kristi: This is a great place. Welcome. We are here for you.