Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #511  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Not long ago I mentioned a book they were using for classes at our local MRC but couldn't remember the title or author. Just found a link I'd saved - it's "Life is Hard, Food is Easyhe 5-Step Plan to Overcome Emotional Eating and Lose Weight on Any Diet" (phew!) by Linda Spangle. You can get it on amazon (or most booksellers, I imagine).
Old 10-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #512  

Ok I've been on this program for 7 weeks. I have lost 10 pounds. I was only trying to lose 26 when I started. I was suppose to have met my goal last week on the 24th. I exercise alot. I posted earlier and asked for suggestions as to why I wasn't losing fast enough. I noticed that someone mentioned mediquick. Can you tell me what that is? Also, I have started back on the 1st part of the program hoping that will help. What does everyone think?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #513  
sunnyglow

S/C/G: 223/204/145

Height: 5' 3"

Red face MRC Blues Sometimes

Hey, looks like everyone is doing well on MRC. I joined 40 days ago and have lost 12.5 pounds. I should have lost more but I am having a problem sticking to my plan. I cheated for 2 weeks...eating a nibble of extra meat here, extra veggies there. Any advice for me to help me stick to the plan? I feel like such a failure at times.

Sunny Glow
Old 10-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #514  

Default I'm new here

Hi, I hope I'm doing this right ... I am going at 4 today to join MRC ... I had both of my hips replaced this summer and am just getting to the point where I can walk for more than a mile and the last year of no exercise really hurt. I figure I need to lose about 70#. I'm 53 and am worried about skin hanging when I lose the weight (sounds kind of vain I know, but is there anything you have done to help with that?). I don't have any idea what to expect, but am looking forward to doing something, and after reading many of your posts, I am very motivated, you have all had such success! I look forward to your tips and input. Do any of you do the program without buying supplemental items?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #515  
sunnyglow

Wink To Casper Friendly Ghost

I had your same problem. The counselor explained to me that I was exercising too much. She said that I may be burning too many more calories than what I am taking in and my body is retaining calories/food thinking it may not have enough. So the following week, I did not exercise, I lost a whopping 6.5 pounds. Try it for one week and see what happens...just walk instead of exercising.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:26 PM   #516  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperfriendlyghost View Post
Ok I've been on this program for 7 weeks. I have lost 10 pounds. I was only trying to lose 26 when I started. I was suppose to have met my goal last week on the 24th. I exercise alot. I posted earlier and asked for suggestions as to why I wasn't losing fast enough. I noticed that someone mentioned mediquick. Can you tell me what that is? Also, I have started back on the 1st part of the program hoping that will help. What does everyone think?
Are you weighing ALL of your food? Drinking 100 ounces of water a day? Are you eating from the right food group at the right time of day? Check your menu and make sure the fruits & veggies you are eating are on the list. That will be a start. You may be adding muscle, cut back on weights if you're doing them.

Meta-quick is a plan that is ok'd by MRC, but some centers don't do it. Although all centers are owned by MRC, and they have strict guidelines they stick to, the "district" or "regional" managers have final say as to if they want Meta-quick to be used in the centers they manage. My center doesn't advocate Meta-quick because you are not getting 3 meals a day with regular food at each meal. (they compare it to Slimfast dieting). Check with your center and see what they think.

Last edited by losingweightnow; 10-29-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #517  
sunnyglow

Hey Michelle,

I know you mentioned having your creamy early in the day but...I take my cottage cheese (I don't like it either) put it in the blender with a chocolate pudding supplement, add a dash or two of vanilla and a little artificial sweetner...blend. It tastes delicious. It is like having a BIG bowl of pudding.
Try it and let me know what you think.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:40 PM   #518  

Thanks for your insights. I am going to slow the exercise down. Probably will drop it to cardio just 4 times this week. Losingweightnow, I have stuck very closely to the plan. I haven't missed anything. I am starting to wonder what the weight loss will cost per pound for me. Although I am still slowly losing and at least the weight is going off I do not want to continually buy all the products. It is getting expensive.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #519  
sunnyglow

Can you tell me one of the recipes that are in the book with the sugar free pudding?

Sunny Glow
Old 10-29-2007, 03:57 PM   #520  
sunnyglow

I was doing step aerobics 4 days per week. I know it is hard...but try to do aerobics maybe 2 times this week and then walk on another day. You will be surprised at how much you lose in the next five days.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #521  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Welcomedk, sunny, and casperHope we can help you on this board. If you go back to some of the previous boards ( there is Metabolic Research Center, then MCR Take II, Take III and this one) there is a lot of information that may help you figure things out. I remember reading about someone exercising too much! You also need to make sure you are keeping your metabolism going by using all of your HNS allowed each day. I was told not to go more that 4 hours without eating or it causes havoc with the metabolism. Make sure you are asking questions and getting support from your center! That is what you are paying for! I am always asking why and what for from my center. I am one of those who wants to know how something works!

I have to weigh in this afternoon and I am a bit nervous! I slipped up a bit this weekend and had some m and m's and too much melba rounds. No more of those in my house. I know I need to weigh in since I am leaving town for six days. I will try and stay linked so I can come to you all for support

I will try and report after my WI. I think I am supposed to get measured today also!.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:15 PM   #522  
sunnyglow

Hey Karen,

Thank you for your response. I am sure your weigh in will be fine. I can't keep those Melba Rounds in my house either. I will eat too many. Congratulations, you have lost quite a bit on the plan. I just hope I can stop cheating. I eat right for like 5 days and then mess up. Let us know how the with in goes.

Sunny Glow
Old 10-29-2007, 04:28 PM   #523  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Talking Links To Mrc Posts

I have looked up the MRC links that we have talked about or referred to lately to help the new losers out!

Original MRC board
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91733

MRC Take II
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112399

MRC Take III
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117264

Pancakes

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...&postcount=155

Halloween Treats (Cake recipe)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...&postcount=475

Hope this helps you all!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:21 PM   #524  

Height: 5'6''

dkmd27 - I was worried about saggy skin as well and I've read alot about it and what i've found is that if it is going to happen, it's going to happen. There isn't much I can do about it. I know that exercise helps and also taking care of your skin. I use a lotion with coQ10 in it and I can honestly see a difference when I use it. MRC has a list of supplements that you can take to help combat saggy skin...one of them is MSM, which I take. There are others. Ask about it and they'll make some suggestions...then you can look for the supplements elsewhere if you don't want to buy them at the Center.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:03 PM   #525  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykk View Post
I have looked up the MRC links that we have talked about or referred to lately to help the new losers out!

Original MRC board
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91733

MRC Take II
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112399

MRC Take III
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117264

Pancakes

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...&postcount=155

Halloween Treats (Cake recipe)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...&postcount=475

Hope this helps you all!

You rock!! Thanks for these!!