Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #556  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan11 View Post
Still...plateaus are icky.
They are icky. The best way I found to break a plateau is through exercise - either be starting when I wasn't doing it, or shaking it up a bit once I was.
That would be my #1 piece of advice for success with ANY weight loss program - incorporate some type of exercise. Doesn't have to be a lot at first, just more than what you're doing now.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #557  
Aprilw94

I went to WI and lost 2lbs. It was good to finally have a loss that wasn't caused by metaquick. I shouldn't complain...I don't know another plan you can loose 25lbs in just under 8 weeks even with 2 plateaus!!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #558  
Registered Awesome.

S/C/G: 171.5/155.5/124

Height: 5'2"

I know we've talked about this before, but what is the Metaquick plan again?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #559  
Aprilw94

coolallison...this was my metaquick plan they had me on.

Bk: a replacement bar or replacement shake and a HNS

Lch: a replacement bar or replacement shake and a HNS

Snack: HNS

Dinner: Normal dinner as menu but nothing out of group 2 duing the 7days
(your red meats, high fat fishes etc) and and HNS

Snack: HNS could be in the form of a creamy

This plan you can do each month but for no more than 7 days in a month

Anyway hope that helps!
Old 06-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #560  
hotbychristmas

S/C/G: 245/208/145

Height: 5.5

Hello All, This is my first post and I look forward to chatting with like minded people. I have been on the program for almost 3 months and have lost 36 pounds. I am thrilled with the program since I have hypo-thyroid problems it has been very hard to loose the weight. My friend who brought me in has done so well that i could'nt wait to start.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:37 PM   #561  
hotbychristmas

I do the talapia with a little old bay seasoning, a quick spray of olive oil (in a can) and then bake. Yummy and great with a corn tortilla and the mexican coleslaw
Old 06-23-2007, 10:14 PM   #562  
hotbychristmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda2831 View Post
Well, I thought I lost you guys. Didn't get any notification emails for a few days so I thought I'd log on and find out what was going on. Glad I found you all again. It was a rough weekend for me so I'm up right now, but I won't go weigh in until Thursday probably. Glad to see all the losses in the past few days and for those of you who are stuck right now, keep your head up. . . the plateaus will pass and things will rev up again. Keep on truckin!
You are my hero
Old 06-24-2007, 02:46 AM   #563  

S/C/G: 277/259/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! Just checkin in to let yall know I had my first weigh in. Joined Tuesday 6/19 evening. So after doing the plan 3 days on Friday night I had lost 5 lbs. WooHoo! I appreciate all of you who contribute info and encouragement to this message board. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:42 AM   #564  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in and say keep on goin'! You are doing a great job! Have a wonderful Sunday!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:04 AM   #565  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Height: 5'7"

gatorbear - the same thing happened to me. Hang in there. I lost 6 lbs last week after a long time of no loss and even a gain.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:20 AM   #566  

S/C/G: 166.5/136/136.5

Height: 5'2"

Thought I'd share a treat recipe with you. I've been craving ice cream.
So, I modified a MRC cookbook recipe for the ingredients i had on hand
I took 2 pks of the vanilla pudding & added a can of diet orange soda, mixed well, then filled one of those popsicle trays with the mixture & stuck it in the freezer. Was pretty good. Sort of a cross between orange sherbert & a dreamsicle. Helped with the icecream craving & it made 8 small "popsicles". Everyone keep up the good work & God Bless!!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #567  

S/C/G: 246/199/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,
I am moved to Austin and things are going fine. I even managed to lose 2lbs last week amidst all of the chaos so I am at a total loss of 43.5 lbs. Four more lbs to lose before I am under 200! I am super excited. I have found that you can eat very healthy in Austin! I am glad for that because I am still unpacking and it is easier right now to eat out. Thanks to everyone posting! You are all great encouragements. I have always been told that if you are having a great week, the "board" needs you...and if you are having a bad week, you need the "board" --of course I modified the quote for us! Can't wait to hear all of the great things we will do this week!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:21 AM   #568  

S/C/G: 212/178/160

Hello everyone, I haven't posted in while but I read every day.

Things have been tough here. Trying to get back to plan has been hard. I'm not eating bad but getting back to the 3 meals a day and the structure has been my downfall. My problem was always not eating enough and I've slipped back into that.

I haven't gained but I haven't lost. Another problem was that I injured my chest wall muscles and had to stop playing tennis for 6 week and start taking Celebrex for pain etc. I wasn't told at the time that Celebrex causes weight gain. After the fact I was just thrilled I had not gained!!!

The honeymoon is over but I am not giving up. I just resigned for another 17 weeks when my first 17 is up next month. I am committed to this program even if it takes a long time. I know the weight will jump start again.

The good news is that although I'm not lossing pounds I have still lost several more inches!!! I'm down 34 inches now. That's motivation enough.

Good job to all those who are loosing!!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #569  
Big loser!

S/C/G: 206/140/140

Height: 5'5.5

Cool

txrose3, BLESS you! I have been craving ice cream too! And down at the beach where it is hot and the kids are snarfing it down...well, you just saved my taste buds, bud!

windyMK, so glad you had a successful move! 4 lbs to go? That's fantastic! Can't wait until you post that you are under! We'll throw a dancing carrot party on the message board! <--woot, woot!

shayh, I think inches are JUST as important as the weight loss. I have the same problem you do...some days I feel like I just can't EAT all the food! We just have to remember that we don't want to fake our bodies out, so they go into starvation mode and start misering the fat!

It's Monday, so I am wishing everyone a wonderful week and successful WI's!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:56 AM   #570  

Height: 5'4

WI this morning and I'm down 4 lbs..........2 of those lbs I had gained the past two weeks and couldn't get off. I really appreciate every one's comments about plateaus. It was very encouraging when I was down about the gains. Thank you!!!!
Closed Thread