Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #511  
Amber3014

S/C/G: 204/161/150

Height: 5' 6"

What are some of your favorite things to order at chain restaurants? Here are some of my favorites to order for lunch:

- Apple Harvest Salad at Red Robin (no dressing, no pecans)
- Panera's Strawberry Poppyseed Chicken Salad (no dressing, no pecans)
- Ruby Tuesday's bison burger (no bun!!!)
- O'Charley's California Chicken Salad (no dressing, no pecans)
Old 06-19-2007, 11:52 PM   #512  

S/C/G: 166.5/136/136.5

Height: 5'2"

aszimmer1: Good luck on ur trip. I know how it is to road trip with young ones, lol.

SouthernGal08: I think my fave fast food meal is Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich. I get the combo: no bun on the sandwich, a salad for the side & a bottle of water for the drink. It's very satisfying for me.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:09 AM   #513  

S/C/G: 198/171/140

Default an interesting couple of days....

aszimmer1: Since I am new to the program, I really can't offer any suggestions on restaurant food. Just wanted to say that you have done such a great job and are so motivated that you will do just fine. Keep up the good work and enjoy your vacation. (I am a retired military wife and did a lot of solo vacations)

Had surgery yesterday to repair a hole on my nose from having basal cell cancer removed last Friday. The dermatologist did not want to try and close it for fear of rearranging my nose - so she sent me to a plastic surgeon. I wasn't able to stick to the program on my surgery days and am not too sure how all of the antibiotics, prednisone and pain meds are going to affect my digestive system. Considering all of the stitches, my nose feels great today - so hopefuly I can lay off the pain meds.

I am excited to be baack on program today. I already enjoyed my breakfast and am looking forward to drinking all of that water today!

AND ALWAYS WEAR SUNSCREEN.............
Old 06-20-2007, 10:32 AM   #514  

S/C/G: 261/234/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi All -

I weighed in again yesterday and lost 3 more pounds -

I was so happy to make it through Father's Day without doing any damage. It really wasn't that hard not to cheat, but I did have a few moments of self pity over the chips and dip and ice cold beer - LOL!! I got over it quickly though.

Only 3 more pounds to go and I can sign the 20 pound board. Hopefully I'll get there some time next week. Woo Hoo!!!

Congratulations to everyone for their successes and to those who are struggling - keep up the fight. We can win the battle of the bulge!!

Have a great day!

Meg
Old 06-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #515  

S/C/G: 240.5/222.5/150

Height: 5'8

My favorite restaurant meal would have to be Chick-fil-a Grilled Chicken Salad. It is wonderful, crisp lettuce, brocolli, cheese, and their great chicken!
Old 06-20-2007, 01:24 PM   #516  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Default Fast food meals

My favorite is from Subway, you find them everywhere, especially on the road. For lunch I get the roasted chicken salad with olive oil and red wine vinagre with double meat since I am on the beige plan, and an apple baggie instead of chips. Or for Dinner, I get the same salad but instead of apple, I get melba toast with it and a caffeine free diet cola. It is totally on program so you don't cheat at all.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #517  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGal08 View Post
What are some of your favorite things to order at chain restaurants?
My favorite lunch (fast food) is at Arby's, their Martha's Vineyard salad has grilled chicken, chopped apple, and dried cranberries. (The cranberries are a little too much fruit to be totally legal, but you can kinda skip some of them.)

I too love the bison burgers at Ruby Tuesday (no bun, give me the veggies instead of fries). Also Smoky Bones has a good bison burger, unfortunately our local one closed.

Chick-fil-A - best choice is their grilled chicken salad & a fruit cup. But sometimes if I'm in the I-can't-eat-one-more-salad mode, I'll cheat & have chicken strips, cole slaw & the fruit cup. It seems to work for me, but it's definitely a YMMV (your mileage may vary) thing. (I'm still bitter that they dropped their chicken caesar salad a few years ago - it was fabulous!)

We ate a Po Folks recently, I had the grilled white fish, green beans & turnip greens. Have done the same thing at Cracker Barrel - either the fish or the grilled chicken tenderloins with green beans & turnip greens.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #518  

S/C/G: 340/334/240

Height: 5'7

Default Starting on Friday

Hi all!
My fiance and I signed up for the program on Saturday and are working our way through pre-conditioning. I have spent the last couple of days reading through most of the posts and have to say that everyone is so motivating and helpful, I am so glad I found this site. But there was one question that I really couldn't find a straight answer for, maybe I just missed it. I know that you don't have to take the vitamins and other pills and that they are just recommended, but is there anyone who has had success without taking any. The program is as most have said a little on the expensive side so I was just worried that after spending all that money, we wouldn't see the results as most of you have, if we can't purchase all the extras right now?
Sorry for such a long message!
Thanks.

Last edited by em104; 06-20-2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: My ticker didn't come throught.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #519  
Big loser!

S/C/G: 206/140/140

Height: 5'5.5

Cool

I made 2 cheese cakes. One with crust and one without...of course without the crust takes away your 'bread' portion, but I agree, the crust is kinda icky.

I almost forgot to put the cottage cheese in, so everything else was in the blender and I kept thinking "hmmmm, this knox isn't doing such a hot job"..then I remembered cottage cheese! I mixed it in, probably longer than normal, and my cheesecake filling turned out to be very creamy..not sure if this is enough to make a difference or not. It's breakfast tomorrow, so I'll let ya'll know then. I did do a little 'taste test' with the batter, and I thought it was pretty good..maybe I'm just starved for sweets?

I am going to try the brownies with Splenda! That sounds G-o-o-D! Thanks Jilldoll!

aszimmer1, I'll be thinking of you! Long car trips with small children!!! I know you can stick with the plan, though. Sounds as if you are preparing yourself..just remember your water!

em104, ! It probably depends on other health issues, your weight and how much you want to lose, etc. I'd talk to my counselor if I were you...they really DON'T push their vitamins, etc. The drinks ARE important to the diet and for ME, the Corti-Trim was a must, but I am over 40 and have had 3 children, plus I have hypothyroidism...so, talk with your counselor. Oh, and don't be discouraged if your fiance loses quicker than you, at first..men tend to do that..grrrrr! j/k

Fast food? I always lean towards grilled fish or grilled chicken. Usually the grilled chicken salads, in whatever variations. I probably eat less than I am supposed to, when I eat out, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Anyone tallied their daily pill intake?

I go in for my WI on Friday, and I'm hoping to be closer to the 20 lb mark. My scales keep going back and forth..I should really stop weighing myself so much.

On Sunday we leave for a week, on vacation, so I'll be taking the program on the road. I was on conditioning the last time we were out of town for a week, and it wasn't that hard to follow. I'm not anticipating any real problems this time, since I no longer drink alcohol.

We'll see...talk to ya'll later!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #520  
Registered Awesome.

S/C/G: 171.5/155.5/124

Height: 5'2"

Well. Despite some fierce cheating and lack of motivation, I still lost 1.5 pounds!

Every time I go weigh in, I think "man, if I can lose that while cheating, imagine what will happen if I stay exactly on the diet!"... and then I cheat. No one is perfect.

So anyway, today I pulled my pants down today without unbuttoning them! That's got to be some kind of weird benchmark! Haha.

As far as the pills, I just take MRC-6 and flax. I'm poor and I really cannot afford the Enhancer, which they always tell me I should take because it helps so much. But alas, no money = as few pills as possible. It can be done without them.

Anyways I hope everyone is doing well and ISN'T cheating. Don't take after me. Stay strong.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 PM   #521  
Aprilw94

Hey em104,
I agree with coolallison, if you have to pic one thing to take from them I would take the MRC6. You can get flax from walmart for like 4 something a bottle or Sams club for 9 something a bottle. I know the amount of pills are different in each bottle but they are way cheaper then through MRC.

Good luck!!
Old 06-20-2007, 10:02 PM   #522  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan11 View Post

Anyone tallied their daily pill intake?
When I was in full-blown weight-loss mode it was 27/day.
I added 5-HTP when I went into stabilization, but I cut back on hoodia; I'm mainly a late afternoon eater, so I just take 1 with breakfast & 2 at lunch, none at dinner.
If I can get it somewhere besides MRC, I do. The only thing I get there is the MRC-6 (which I do think helps) & their hoodia - I tried a couple of other brands, but theirs seemed to work best for me. And of course the drinks, but once I'm out of my year of maintenance I'll probably buy those online rather than paying the $99/year (I think) to stay with MRC.
The other thing I like better of theirs is the liquid minerals, but I don't take them anymore anyway.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #523  

Height: 5'6''

WI today...I am up to 25lbs lost!! Our Center has a client of the week board, where they list some person who is doing a good job...and they had Hubby and I up there for our combined loss of 49.5lbs in 33 days! Apparently we are inspirational On that note...welcome to em104. I am doing the program with my man as well...in our experience...he loses more than me, if he doesn't cheat...which he frequently does. Currently he's at an average of 4.7lbs a week and I'm averagine 4.5lbs a week.
As far as pills go, I usually take 14 pills a day, but if I remember to take the Metabolic Appetite Control (MAC) it gets up to 17 a day. I rarely take that because honestly, I don't get hungry between meals/snacks. Hubby does take it though. I take the flax, MRC-6 and MSM (to prevent loose skin, and actually its helped my skin already) and of course the daily vitamin (i take the wal-mart brand daily vit). We buy our pills from them...its just easier for us. Hubby takes Bari (male version of flax...it's fish oil), MRC-6 and MAC. Thats it...we're not big on the pills. We are going to try the Corti-trim if we can afford it soon. We both carry around our bellies and I know thats what that focuses on. Good luck!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #524  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Height: 5'7"

WI tonight because I'm going out of town for a long weekend tomorrow. I'm down a pound since Monday, for a total of 25lbs! I've packed my food for the weekend and I hope I stick with the plan - I have no excuse, but I can see the temptation already. I'm telling myself that I don't need a setback now, after doing so well.

Regarding pill tally - Here's my daily count: 9 flax, 6 MRC-6, 6 Hoodia, 6 Relacore, 2 B-6, 1 Calcium, and 1 Chromium Piccolinate. I already took a vitamin daily so I don't count that. So that's 31 pills a day (yikes!). I've been wondering which of these I should stay on once I'm at my goal weight. Seems all the SKINNY counselors at my center still take the pills and use the supps. Anyone here on stabilization? Any clues?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:14 AM   #525  

S/C/G: 277/259/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Yall, I just joined MRC on Monday, June 18. It was a quick session as I was flyiing out of town. I have done the preconditioning stage while out of town and started some of the supplements. I found this forum as I was surfing one night and was so motivated by this group of people. I decided to check it out and then made a committment that THISTIMESDIFFERENT (thus the name). I was looking at the old thead initially and was particularly motived by Amanda, but I have not seen her posts on the more recent thread. Anyone know if she is still around? Im excited to be a part of this group. Im sick of being whoever this fat lady is, and its time to change and become me!
Closed Thread