Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:21 AM   #526  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary V View Post
I've been wondering which of these I should stay on once I'm at my goal weight. Seems all the SKINNY counselors at my center still take the pills and use the supps. Anyone here on stabilization? Any clues?
I'm on maintenance now. I'd stopped the MRC-6 & the hoodia for awhile, but after a few weeks of eating way off plan while my daughter was visiting, I'm back on the green menu for a bit, & taking those again.
Most of what I take is actually vitamins:
9 - flax
6 - MRC-6
3 - hoodia
1 - multi
1 - B6
1 - B12
1 - Vit E
1 - Chromium
1 - DHEA (that's on my own, hormone-related)
3 - calcium
3 - MSM
Dang, that's 30. I have to admit, it's harder to remember them all every day now that I'm on maintenance.
I'll stop taking the MRC-6 once I get back down to goal weight. And the hoodia. The rest is just good for you all the time, so I'll try to keep up with those. Flax oil is very healthy (does add 80-90 calories depending on the brand you use, tho, if you're taking 9/day - even the gal at the center seemed surprised when I brought that up).
Old 06-21-2007, 12:29 AM   #527  

S/C/G: 277/259/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi to all, Hvnlymusic, Shayh, and Skinnymeinside, so many others; you have been inspiring! If any of you have collected recipes you would not mind sharing please send then to me at cindie _ hicks @ yahoo. com Your help would be geatly appreciated.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:42 AM   #528  

S/C/G: 196/153/145

welcome to em104. We are getting ready to leace on a week long vacation like so many of you. I am sticky to the plan as much as I can. I have recently ordered supplements online and saved about $3.00/box and I try to get as much of the pills at walmart or sams. I use flax, MRC6, Corti Trim, CoQ10, and MAC, and daily Vit. My plan is to slowly come off some of the pills as I get closer to my Goal.

As far as favorite fast foods...Chic fil a's Grilled chicken salad and fruit cup

Wendy's and Subway's Chicken salads

Jason Deli's fruit cup and salad bar..

Well the are going to start digging on our pool Friday...HOOORAY!! They say by the time we get back from vacation they will be laying the tile and flagstone.. weather permitting!!!

Good Job everyone on WI's and keep it up!!! We all are worh it!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:53 AM   #529  

Welcome THISTIMESDIFFERENT what part of TX are you in...I live in east Tx....there are several people on here from TX..
Old 06-21-2007, 01:57 AM   #530  

S/C/G: 166.5/136/136.5

Height: 5'2"

THISTIMESDIFFERENT:
I'm in TX also & go to the Waco MRC. Welcome & good luck!!

To anyone?:
I don't take the flax. Any pros or cons to not taking it?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:18 AM   #531  
Aprilw94

Hey Txrose,
I know the pros are you get omega 3 6 and 9 and it helps keep you regular. The cons to not taking it are you can start to loose your hair have brittle nails and if you gain weight back it can come back all mushy all because of how fast we loose it on this program. thats what the said at the center. They told me they don't care where I get it from, just to make sure I was taking it.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:37 AM   #532  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I wi yesterday and had lost 3.8 lbs! Now I have lost 31.6 lbs!!!!!!
I take 2 flax, 6 MRC6, 4 Cort-Trim, 1 chromium, 2 B-6 complex, plus about 20-25 medication pills. I have always had to take a lot of medication so the pills do not bother me.
I cannot have salads (no raw fruits or veggies) so eating out is difficult at times and can be expensive (salads are usually cheaper). I order grilled chicken. I think it is Applebees that has creamed cauliflower. I can only have cooked green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, and extremely mushy zucchini and squash. I buy Beechnut naturals stage 1 green beans and stage 2 apples and blueberries for fruit and veggie when I am on the run. The manager at my center approved this. The only fruit I can have is cooked peaches and apples. Applesauce is too fibery for me, but the apples and blueberries mix is very smooth and tastes great. he green beans do not taste very good, but they are down in just a few bites. I would not recommend this to everyone, but it is the ONLY reason I have been able to stay on the diet. Of course, I get strange looks from people when I am eating, but who cares!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:45 AM   #533  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

THISTIMESDIFFERENT - I'm still here. . . it's just the busy season at work so life doesn't allow me a lot of time to post anymore. I've definitely slowed down, but I haven't seen an increase on the scale in a couple of months now. I'm always down at least half a pound every time I weigh in. Yesterday, I was down one pound, putting my total at 86.5. . . I'm determined to be signing the 90 pound board sometime in the near future. I'm really glad that there are so many new people on the board. It was pretty lonely there for a while, but I'm pleased that you all are around to motivate each other. I do read posts daily, but just don't have as much time to reply as I would like to.

Good luck to everyone as we approach the weekend! You can do it!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:08 AM   #534  

S/C/G: 340/334/240

Height: 5'7

Default Thanks!!

Thank you all so much for such a warm welcome and all of the useful information. I will just have to wait and see what my center suggests and go from there. I also attend the Waco MRC.

Well thanks again for all your information!!

Hope everyone has a great WI!!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:35 AM   #535  

Height: 5'6''

Txrose, when we signed up our consultant told us that when the plan was new, women started losing their hair because they were losing too much too fast, so to counteract all that you lose, they added flax oil to the plan. I'm suprised that your center will allow you to not take that one...that was a required one upon contract for us.
Welcome THISTIMESDIFFERENT I have an email of recipes that I'll send to you, but they are all from the boards...well...a couple are from the metabolic webpage and although I haven't tried them all, the ones I have tried are pretty good. If you have read the boards you'll see what people like and what they don't.
On the recipe note, Hubby's biggest cheat is pizza...they get it alot at work b/c its a cheap way to feed a bunch of people...and its his favorite. So after the like 4th week of seeing pizza in his food log, our consultant told us about an option. She said to use a tortilla and put cheese and veggies on it and maybe some lean meat and then broil it for a pizza-like treat. Its an easy idea, but no ideas ever hurt to share.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #536  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

No wonder my hair was thinning out alot, I was not taking flax at all. I was regular, but close to bald.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #537  
Registered Awesome.

S/C/G: 171.5/155.5/124

Height: 5'2"

I just tried the spinach/cottage cheese/chicken recipe... it's really good!

I think I overcooked it... 4 minutes seemed too much (probably because I used 4 ounces of protein, not 6?)

But yeah. Not bad! Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 06-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #538  

Hvnlymzic if you don't mind could you please email me those receipes also..it is a little hard for me to find the time and go back through with my one year old...my time is limited...Thanks

I am doing great but need to try different things with my food, kinda getting bored with it. But NOT QUITING by no means.... Thank you so much!
here is my email [email protected]
Old 06-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #539  

S/C/G: 240.5/222.5/150

Height: 5'8

Just returned home from wi with 2lbs lost! That is 4lbs. this week!! I was able to sign the 20lb board. I also signed the 10lb board because when I lost the first 10lbs noone mentioned the board. My center is like some others, not so great! Oh well, I am not there for them I am there for me.

I am also off this weekend for a week at the beach!! We are so excited, however I am concerned about my eating. I have been so good this week and really feeling well about things so I hope that I can handle it! Hope everyone has a blast on vacation!
Old 06-21-2007, 05:13 PM   #540  

S/C/G: 246/199/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi TxRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrose3 View Post
THISTIMESDIFFERENT:
I'm in TX also & go to the Waco MRC. Welcome & good luck!!

To anyone?:
I don't take the flax. Any pros or cons to not taking it?
I just moved this past weekend from Waco to Austin. I love the MRC in Waco -- Jodi is my favorite -- and I'm glad my family is still there so I can visit often! Austin is so different from Waco--but there is lots of healthy (and unhealthy) restaurants!

Windy
Closed Thread