Old 06-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240.6/214.2/175

Height: 5' 7"

One word of advice Sterling, when your food comes and you start, you shouldn't do the Insanity work out, or work out at all during the first 2 weeks. If any of you haven't yet found a health coach, GET ONE! They are wonderful to have and free, too. My health coach is PHENOMENAL. She checks in with me daily, is always there for tips and tricks and answers any questions.
jillybean6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: ?/?/120-125

Height: 5'3

Thanks Jillybean, you're from Iowa! That's awesome I was born and raised there near Ames and just recently moved out to Idaho and am living up in the mountains. Such a drastic change from Iowa but I love it non-the-less.

As for working out when I start medifast I read some place as long as you have been exercising a while you shouldn't have a problem but I will most certainly ask a health coach. That's neat they have them! I've been working out for a while though so I'm hoping I don't have to stop for two weeks...but we'll see. The reason for medifast for me is really to become healthy. I eat like a slob...horrible foods, sugary foods. I have a sweet tooth the size of Texas! But diabetes runs in my family and my doctors are worried about me. So, since I can't seem to cook for myself regularly and have a horrible relationship with food (I swear I'm not sure what to do when I'm not eating!) The doctor says I can stand to lose 20-30 pounds according to my height as well. But really I just want some more energy! I am so tired all the time, my boyfriend goes fishing, morel hunting, hiking all the time and I'm always exhausted! It's so frustrating I feel like I'm missing out on life...I'm getting a lot of reading in though! haha... Anyways, that's my story but I can't wait to feel better and more energetic! As for the Insanity videos if any of you have heard of the program it's exactly as the name implies! My entire body hurts I can hardly sit down! haha but it's kind of amazing in a sense as well...when your muscles are sore it's sorta neat to feel them even if they hurt. My brain is like Ah HA! You do have muscles! haha I'm hoping to get my mom into the couch to 5k running program. It's an amazing program and takes people who haven't exercised in a while into being able to run a few miles! She's horrible about working out but it would be nice if she would try...but it's so much harder to do it than to talk about it right Hopefully these next 6 weeks are full of determination, motivation and strength between all of us! We can do it and I'm so excited about it! Anyways, thanks for the advice on getting a health coach I will get on that first thing tomorrow!!

We're starting tomorrow everyone!! If any of you are like me and thinking "Ok, this is my last night so I'm going to eat as many rice crispie treats, zucchini bread, and ice cream as I can possibly fit in my stomach" don't think it! haha.. My friend gave me some good advice today and called me out about eating junk food tonight. She told me this is a life style change for you, you have to take it one day at a time and just because you THINK it's your last day you will still have to burn off those calories for the next few weeks so just remember it's a life style change and it starts NOW not tomorrow not the next day not the day after you fall off the wagon now. This is your life. Hope this helps some of you who are like me and can't seem to say no to the zucchini bread (which is my weakness right now!!)

Last edited by sterling gurl; 06-10-2010 at 11:06 PM.
sterling gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #18  

Awesome, then you'll do great! My son starts summer weight lifting for football next week, so I will drop him off for that and begin my own "boot camp." I too would like to do C25K, too. I can walk forever, but have never been a runner. I plan to give it a try, I have even signed up for a 5K on the Fourth of July, I know i won't be able to run the whole thing, but walking it will be fine.

I would imagine, Idaho is a little different than Iowa! Very beautiful country! Good luck on your starting day!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #19  

Take a look at the couch to 5k it starts you out walking and incorporates running little by little it's an awesome program if you want to become a runner!

Yes, Idaho is very different...but it's fun out here! I found a huge elk antler shed this spring! It was the coolest thing I've ever found...but I hiked my butt off for it! Day one of medifast! How is everyone doing??
Old 06-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 190/178/130

Height: 5' 6"

Hi ladies! I actually start my 6th week tomorrow! I've lost 11 lbs and was measured last week and have lost 28.25 inches! I think medifast and the program I'm doing are the same. What I'm doing is called hi energy it sounds the same except they have me doing 2 lean and green meals and 4 replacements daily. I did gain a l pound last week so I'm in a slump about that. Is everyone else doing
Efa's and b12 and b6 and canola oil daily? I'd love to join in with you guys if you don't mind! Just curious what's a normal day for you food wise? Mine is a shake with blueberried blended up, a bar, a sandwich of some sort ( 40 calorie bread) then a juice a lean and green meal and then protien puffs. All of the replacements I buy from them.
oakfieldmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #21  
Medifaster

S/C/G: 240/234/130

Height: 5'6

Default Starting Medifast next week

Hi all. I have been reading this Medifast subforum and want to jump in somewhere so I'll do it here I ordered one month's supply, so that will be my challenge...I have a feeling I'll go beyond that & order more months.

I ordered Medifast last night and I expect it to arrive my next week. I have about 100 pounds to lose. I chose MF because I'm horrible at making good choices, so I need less options right now and learn as I'm going about how to make better food choices. Diabetes and all of those lovely (sarcasm) health risks run in my family. My grandma recently gave me a beautiful vintage wedding dress that my mom bought when she was 18 or so but she never wore it (she bought it before they were even engaged because she saw it in a window & fell in love with it, a week later he coincidentally proposed, but later it was broken...years later she met my dad & they eloped). I'm engaged and I want to wear it. My grandma said when they bought it, they let it out to a 20 inch waist to fit her but it's out as far as it would be let out so I need to slim down to fit in it. As soon as I can fit into that dress, I'm getting married! Idk if going from a 40 to 20 inch waist is realistic, but I can dream. If I can wear it for my wedding, it will be a surprise for my mom.

I will do the 5-1 plan and take biotin and maybe flax supplement. I will try to eat fish at least half the time so I get the omega 3's in that, but if that plan fails I'll take a supplement.

My exercise will be doing some light Wii activities and maybe doing a Couch to 5k.

Good luck everyone!!

Last edited by cassandra4; 06-14-2010 at 10:35 AM.
cassandra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #22  

Cassandra,

Congrats on your commitment to start Medifast! I JUST received my shipment in today and I started this forum so apparently I'm going to start tomorrow! Thanks to the awesome UPS guy who left my box on my door instead of leaving a note to come pick it up or trying tomorrow since I was out for the day picking morel mushrooms up in the mountains! I love Idaho haha..the weather is so nice here...I'm use to humidity and no mountains only corn fields

Anyways, that is very exciting about your engagement congrats!! I've done A LOT of research about medifast and I too fail consistantly at making healthy food choices. So, I think if we stick to this it will work for us! I'm excited to start...my boyfriend has a $50 bet with me saying I can't make it a month. I'll show him!

It's salmon season here so I should be able to eat a lot of fish...I need to figure out some good recipes for other meats though. I am NOT a cooker to say the least I pretty much starve if I'm not with my boyfriend or my parents...that or I go out to eat haha. So, I'm hoping this teaches me a thing or two about cooking. I am scared about the portion sizes, that's where my biggest problem lies. I'm scared I won't feel satisfied and will feel like there is an empty spot somewhere in me...if that even makes sense? But, I always feel like I HAVE to be FULL. I hope this program teaches me differently otherwise I could be facing some major problems in the future.

I'll post again tomorrow once I've ate all of my meals and drank my entire what is it 60 oz of water? Ekkk hope it all goes well! How is everyone else doing so far?
Old 06-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #23  

I start tomorrow too! Wish me luck, I'll need it! With school out + the kids @ home all the time, I know I'll be tempted to have what they're having!
nurse2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #24  

Yes! maybe we shoulda started the challenge this week...oh well whatever! I'll be so happy if I do great for 5 weeks!! Kinda scared about the next 3 days...I heard they're the hardest!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #25  

Hey all! Down another 4 pounds this week, for a total of 9.6 in 2 weeks! yeah! i was hoping for a little more, but hey, on other plans I've done it would have taken 4-6 weeks to show a 10 pound loss!
Also i got to start incorporating exercise in this week, I take my son to lift for football and I walk. I'm not breaking any speed limits, by any means, but it s a solid 45 minute walk, so far so good!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #26  

that's awesome congrats on the weight loss!! That's so crazy you can lose that much in such a small amount of time on this program. I'd be happy with a 2 pound loss a week let alone 4!! I love this program for that very reason!

Great job on the walking! I am horrible about walking I get so bored...but I usually try and find a walking buddy it doesn't even seem like exercise when you have a friend to walk with! Love it. Anyways, awesome job! The food isn't too bad I've had a shake and a bar so far today well and a little buscuts and gravy but that only happened because I woke up at 5:30 to go fishing and we were on the boat...so ok No more cheating I caught a 35 inch salmon though! So, dinner will be good tonight! I'm not sure how well I'm going to handle all the sugary foods though. I mean I know I have a sweet tooth but ekkk! It's almost too much! So far so good I think though!

Does anyone know so I can't have any tea at all?! I'm an avid unsweetened tea drinker and LOVE IT sooo much I don't want to have to get rid of it!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #27  
Amazing will be me

i want to join this challange ??????????

I have a 6 week mini goal........my boyfriend is taking me away to a surprise location in 6wks and i want to try and lose 21 lbs .
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 190/178/130

Height: 5' 6"

Ok, so Tuesday and Friday are my days to weigh in at the center. I'm down 1.5 lbs since Friday. I'm hoping for a bigger number come Friday. That puts me at a total of 12 lbs in 5 weeks. I do hope it starts getting quicker! They say I should be 50 lbs by 8/20.......
oakfieldmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #29  

Congrats Jillbean!
Today is my first day and I already cheated! I SERIOUSLY need to get rid of all the temptation, but tough when you got kids to feed!
So far I started out the day w/a ready made shake, then I cheated w/chips and hummus, after that had 1/2 a meal bar, and just water throughout the day. Since I cheated I feel like I should skip anymore shakes and just have my L+G for dinner and the other 1/2 of the bar for dessert. I threw away the chips so I wouldn't be tempted tomorrow. I'm in a wheelchair so I'm thinking of having DH place all tempting foods to high for me to reach. Good luck ladies!
nurse2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:05 AM   #30  

awesome Mini challenge Lucky! I'm sure if you keep your mind to it you can do it!!