Old 01-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #106  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Andrea,
Girl I lost 7 pounds in 3 days and then STAYED there for two weeks! We women have hormones and fluid issues. Are you working out, adding too much salt? Are you strictly on program and not adding "just a little of this or that?" Are you eating enough? Is it that time? Are you on meds that interfere with weight loss?
If all the answers are NO, then it's just your body playing with your mind.

I was convinced that this plan would NOT work for me. But I think everyone worries about that. Well everyone but SweetP....but I digress.

It WILL work. DON"T give up. YOU are doing a wonderful job. STAY off the scale. Do I stay off the scale? Oh **** no; I have an addiction. But YOU need to stay off the scale.

Kisses,
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #107  

Default newby

Hi, I've been loving reading all of your posts, I combed through them yesterday and today I ordered my "stuff". I've gained a lot of weight for me and I'm so uncomfortable, which just depresses me, which makes me want to eat more. What's worse is I'm going to be 50 in a few months and losing is just not as easy as it used to be.

You are all an inspiration, although the last entry scares me a bit. I'm so into instant gratification and I too will run for the scale every day looking for that loss. If it doesn't happen I'll be depressed again. I'm a mess....

Anyway, one of my concerns is that years ago I did Atkins and after 6 weeks of total adherence I did not lose more than 6 pounds. This sounds much like the low carb diet that didn't work for me. Does anyone have any feedback on that?

Sorry to jump in on all of you, I'm not even sure it's appropriate to do so, just let me know if this was rude. Otherwise, I'll continue to read and be inspired.

Thanks and much success to all of you!!!
happyhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:42 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

Hi everyone! Well I weighed this morning and down again, so I am happy.

Can anyone tell me how to update my ticker?

I am so glad I found this site. I find with more energy now and not spending time eating and preparing food I have a lot of extra time. I hang out on the computer because it's safer than TV and food commercials.

However I have to say I am no longer starving! This is amazing. My problem is eating out of habit, hungry or not.

I go on a cruise in about 6 weeks and my goal is to lose 25 pounds before that! Hopefully I won't put it all back on by eating on the cruise!
Vbevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Welcome Happyhiker! Let us know if we can help you in any way... I am still a newbie compared to others... Only 12 days down for me...

I am still 100% on plan... Still no craving... my mind was playing tricks on me today... It made me feel like i wanted bad food... But i was not hungry and I am not gonna sabotage my effort for 30 sec of chewing... No Thanks! I loved that feeling of fitting in a size smaller and looking good in these jeans much better.

My students complimented me today... It felt good to know that they were noticing that i was losing weight and saying that they were proud of me... I know, I know, I have only lost 6 pds... but it is a great progress... I am trying to stay off the scale so that i do not stress too much over reaching the Onederland! I know that it will happen by Friday at my next weigh in... I am SO close now... I can taste it.

Talking about tasting something... I just made my Wendy's like Ice cream with Vanilla pudding and topped it with Sugar Free Caramel topping. Yummi! I just had me an On Plan Sunday! Delicious! It was well worth resisting all the temptations
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:53 AM   #110  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle127 View Post
Do I stay off the scale? Oh **** no; I have an addiction. But YOU need to stay off the scale.
Michelle: You're funny!
I needed to laugh--thank you!
I appreciate your reply so much.

Happy Hiker:
I sure hope I didn't scare you with my ramblings. I'm a crazy woman. Don't listen to me.
You're going to do great!

Last edited by Andiemom; 01-15-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Andiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:48 AM   #111  

Happy Hiker -

I too did Atkins, but I lost quite a bit of weight with it. This program only puts you in a mild state of ketosis combined with low-calorie and low-fat eating. There's the difference. There's a lot of science behind this, although nobody could eat like this forever.

That said, I, also being a scale 'ho' lost 7.4 pounds this week *and* I am on my period. I feel pretty darn good.

My Bella Cucina Magic Rocket (31.99 shipping and all) arrives tomorrow according to UPS. I'm kind of excited about that. I also decided that I look forward to the bars and I'll at least finish out the month with them...

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is going to work today....
magnolia blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:25 AM   #112  

Hey Ladies!

I guess it is my time for the scale not to move... I am still at 201.2. I have been at that weight for almost 3 days now... Reaching Onederland is a tease... LOL I hope it goes down... I am still 100% on Plan and plan on staying that way! I am thinking about starting exercising Thursday...

Florence
Old 01-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #113  

Thanks, chickies, for all the warm welcomes. It means a lot, and I definitely feel a little less nutty about what my dad calls my "envelope diet" knowing I'm not alone!

I ended up not starting the diet until today because...well, yesterday was just a crap day, and I couldn't face it. I'm good to go today, though, and SO proud because I got through my oatmeal without as much as one gag. WHO-HOOO!

Boy, do I remember being a scale slave--couldn't go to work until I stepped on and determined what kind of day it was going to be. That's a hard nut for OCD's like me to crack. These days I have the opposite problem: the only way to weigh myself is if I make an appointment at the rehab hospital, have someone push me onto the wheelchair scale, then transfer me out of my chair, then get my empty chair weighed and subtract its mass from the total. It's such a production that I just don't bother. Long story short (too late, Kel), I have to judge my weight by how clothes fit me and how my butt fits into my chair--and right now both measures are too freakin' tight.

Re: the magic bullet--we have one of those immersible stick blenders that I'm going to try before spending any more money. I do love those magic bullet infomercials, though!

Well, enough babbling. I'm off to drink my first shake. Stay strong--and stay off the flingin'-flangin' scales!!

(Oh, and brookelizabeth...thanks for your condolences. Sunday was a dark day around here.)
IndyKel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle127 View Post
Andrea,
I was convinced that this plan would NOT work for me. But I think everyone worries about that. Well everyone but SweetP....but I digress.
Michelle...???
SweetP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #115  

Sweet p: i think this is the post michelle was referring too

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetP View Post
Sounds like everyone is doing great! Just follow the program 100%, drink your water, get some exercise if you can and be patient That seems to be the hardest part but it will work for you and you will feel terrific!
U are so motivating girl!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

Are we staying on this thread or starting a new week?
Vbevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #117  

Height: 5' 7"

My first order shipped yesterday!! I also ordered oatmeal because I forgot to with my initial order. Apple/cinnamon and blueberry even though peach oatmeal is my favorite. I have read too many people talking about the bad peach oatmeal! I also ordered eggs to use for baking things.

I am nervous but excited!!
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #118  

Thanks for welcoming me. Again, you're all an inspireation. Still waiting, feels like a lifetime, for my order to arrive. But you're all putting me in that place reading your posts.

You know, I hear so many people talk about not getting on the scale daily, but when I don't I get in trouble. I've also heard medical people saying it's good to weigh yourself daily. The downside, I suppose, is when you don't see movement and you're like me and need instant gratification. So, when I listen to all of you with your big immediate loss it's incredibly motivating. I think it's just important to remember that initial loss and hold on to that feeling and know that, although it may take another big push on our part to make that jump, we've done it before and we'll do it again, no? It's all about not giving up and I have to contantly remind myself of that.

So, again, I thank you for your inspiration. I'm going to continue to read through the forum for how to really work the program, because I'm not 100% sure. Any feedback on how you make it through each day would be great. I'm a bit of a partyer, so giving up Alcohol is kind of overwhelming for me. Has everyone sworn off of a cocktail?

Thanks again and contrats to you all!!!
happyhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #119  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

SweetP,
It was a compliment. Explaining a joke makes me feel like a nerd.... You, SweetP, probably have never worried that this diet won't work for you because you are losing weight AMAZINGLY well and FAST. My hilarious sarcasm doesn't translate well on email. Love ya Sweet!!!

Happy, I tried Atkins a few years ago. I lost a few pounds and then nothing... It turns out that eating as much as you want is NOT a challenge! I ate about a billion calories a day and couldn't lose weight. The good news is that this has controlled portions; it's tough to mess up.

Flo, Oh no!! Was today your weigh in day or are you jumping on the scale when you're not supposed to?? Stay the course girlie - you know it's working!

Brooke, Peach.....yuck.
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #120  

Thanks Michelle! It hasn't been all that easy - just trying to make it work.

Wishing you all a good evening and sweet dreams

Edited - I wrote some personsl stuff but came back and edited it out - I realized it was TMI about what has been going on in my life these last few months - I think some know already. Just to say it hasn't been easy - I have good days and bad days and feel right on the edge most days

Last edited by SweetP; 01-16-2008 at 08:12 AM.
SweetP is offline   Reply With Quote