Old 12-06-2004, 06:40 AM   #1  

Default Dec 6-12 weekly chick chat!

starting up a new week, is everyone ready to go?

let's have a good week!
Old 12-06-2004, 06:49 AM   #2  

it's monday morning and it's dark and cold! I want to be in bed- but maybe some coffee will help. Not a bad week ahead I think. A little busy today, but I am going to try to take a day off Wed or Thurs to do some Christmas shopping with DM, I haven't seen much of her lately. My suggestion for Christmas this year was to get away from the gift certificates, and do shopping together for what we really want and put it away for Christmas. Sometimes my sis and I just exchange gift certificates and that's it. Trying to do something more fun.

Nothing else going on...everthing dull. I feel good about the weekend as I took a walk yesterday, vacuumed like a demon, and ate more vegetables. Now, I also ate some ice cream cake and a buttered roll at dinner last night (for DS birthday.) But overall, it was not a bad weekend. I bought some nice Gala apples for myself for snacks for the week. And I cooked chicken breasts yesterday for dinner tonight. I have lots of healthy food in the house, so no excuses!

well, nothing else to report! time to get moving,
have a good one,
dottie
Old 12-06-2004, 11:31 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Dottie and all to come

I had a quiet weekend, got my walking in. Im not too sure about walking today, as its snowing, and very damp out there. I just might dust off the weight bench and do some work there instead. I did stay op all weekend, but woke up this morning hungry as a bear in spring!!!

Well I just had my first glitch in online shopping. I ordered a product then after all payment etc was done, it tells me Im signed up for some monthly thingy I DO NOT want!!!! So I just spent the last 1/2 hr on the phone with that company, and my cc company making sure everything was kosher! So much for ordering from companies you dont know anything about. Hopefully that will be the extent of my troubles with this.

Not much else to report, its been very quiet around here. Im going to get some cleaning done around the house. Something Ive been neglecting.

Have a warm wonderful day

Robin
Old 12-06-2004, 01:39 PM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

afternoon,
I am on the fly, just a quick wave to say hello as i continue to delve into full time work and being a mom. The house is a mess, but it is a "gail" day so with any luck it will be better by the time they are done!
see ya on the other side!
-L
Old 12-06-2004, 02:13 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Low Carb Chickies! Gail was just here this morning so the hosue is feeling all spiffed up. Now I need to set up for my marathon gift wrapping and get it crapped up again.

Took Hersh to the vet this morning as she is still bleeding - post partum problems. We did some tests (results tomorrow or Wednesday) and she is currently lying beside the stove "enjoying poor health" as my Gran used to say about a sickly cousin! I may join her for a while as it's cold and sleeting at the moment. Winter has struck.

My shopping is pretty much all done - three gift cards solved three problems - but I need to do a stocking for Tayler and all the wrapping. I have a Grandma drawer and may be able to fill her stocking from that.

Have a great Monday.

Hey, L144S - isn't Hanukah this week? Are your Father and his lovely bride on the horizon soon?
Old 12-06-2004, 03:59 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

L- do you have a "Bass Pro" near you? I cant remember if it was you that had talked about it in the past.

We are getting one here in Buffalo, slated for 2007. But hubby and I really dont understand the draw. They are telling us that ppl that come to visit this place spend on average 4 & 5 hours per visit. They havent told us what everyone does during that time!!! I dont even spend that much time in a mall!!

When hubby and I were discussing the article in the paper, you came to mind as the only person I may know to ask about it. Maybe you can enlighten us?

Robin
Old 12-06-2004, 04:08 PM   #7  

Happy Monday! Sorry about your online experience Robin. Glad you got it taken care of!

I had good news to report- Terrain twister- I posted earlier about it- well, just happens to be THE toy this year I guess because everywhere is sold out. I was online earlier and happened on walmart.com (I had checked there earlier) and they were back in stock! I got one! an hour later I checked back and it was out of stock again- but my order is confirmed! YAY! and this is after Friday when we asked Christopher what else he wanted- we couldn't find a terrain twister anywheres- talk about a disappointed kid! I'm so excited when he sees it on Christmas!

Told my mom about it, that I got it, and for a mom that doesn't like kids, she's taking a pretty active "grandma" role, it's cute. She said she got him a remote control truck and a book from Katie Couric with a "valuable lesson" and an online Atlas "figured it would come in handy in the next few years" those were her words. Never knew what I did to her.. I only lived with her for my first 9 years after all- she didn't have the teenager woes... I must have been pretty bad in those 9 years!

She's not girly either but she's having so much fun planning the wedding. Sent out bridal shower invites and sent me one- she wrote "aren't these cute?" awww, moms...

about weight- I think I'm experiencing my first plateau. I've officially been at this weight for 2 weeks now since 11/24. can't go up or down. just stays the same! stinks- I'm eating right and exercising 5x a week... I miss those weeks I saw 5 lbs leave the scale! oh well, all in time right? gotta keep going!

Got my first Christmas present (from my parents- Dad and Stepmom) Low Carb Living magazine subscription. a friend gave me a copy after she was done with it and I loved it. I tore out the subscription and sent it to my parents. I received my first issue today so I guess they did it and it's part of my Christmas present!

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by KandiceA; 12-06-2004 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:54 AM   #8  

Tuesday morning- ugh, my weight is UP today, maybe the choc chip cookies last night had something to do with that? I know that's mostly water weight and could drop a bit tomorrow, but it's an ugly number. I was eating for stress: fatigue, boredom, annoyance, just irritable last night, and eating was the way to go! Should have broiled a nice big steak! haha...

today is a light day at work. I am even bringing a book, optomistic about having a real lunch hour. And often at the end of the day, I can read for an hour or so. Packing lunch and snacks ahead of time so Im not temped by the crap in the cafeteria.

hi to all:L, slow down! Ruth, love "enjoying poor health!" Great expression! Hope Hersh gets her womanly problems settled down soon. Sometimes we ladies just have to take to our beds...Robin, weather is crummy here yesterday and today, too. Thinking of doing stair climbing in my building. Just thinking. Hi Kandace- you are doing great on your shopping, I need to take a lesson from you!

I do have a shopping list started, and am taking Thursday off to shop with DM...hope to get a lot done then.

that's it for me,
have a good one,
dottie
Old 12-07-2004, 09:13 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cold and sleety again but the woodstove is roaring away and the back room is sooooo cozy. Too bad I need to go out to get the paper and the mail plus pick up a frassing Bella Dancerella at the Sears catalogue store.

Hersh is not quite as messy today - just a few blood spots on the wall. If she'd just quit wagging that tail..... She is even more cuddly than normal, if that's possible, so may be feeling a bit punk. I'm going to call in sick for her tomorrow when she is supposed to work.

Wrapping and soup making are on the schedule today. Fal-la-la-la-la and all that!
Old 12-07-2004, 11:22 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning!

Well, yesterday I took a nose dive for about 4 hrs. I ate what I shouldnt, but Im feeling better today. So that helps alot!! Im not focusing on food and getting out in a little bit to get my walk in.

I sat around all day yesterday waiting for a delivery. AGAIN! And it didnt show up!! Im going to have to figure something out for this. I just hate waiting around for someone. My whole day was waisted!! Well not waisted, but I was annoyed!! I did manage to get the rest of my wrapping done, vacuuming done and a few other chores.

I better get moving before it starts to rain.......have a great day all!

Robin
Old 12-07-2004, 11:37 AM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

Hello Ladies!

Busy busy, Hanukah does start tonight and I think I am good shape. The beauty is I run short I have 7 more days till the end! Auction meetings for the kids school started today and I am well internched in the other schools auctiona dn I think I have that well undercontrol. I did manage to set up and [email protected] e mail for both places so that should help the flow in the long run.
I have ordered fish for some of my family fom this web site. http://www.takusmokeries.com/ I found this place when we wre in Alaska and I must say it pales in comparison to anything else we have or get here on the main land.

Winter weather has struck I think I am never ready for it! Drizzle here today which will lead to slick roads later. We will come home from school and call it a day.

I have 170 potato latkes heating in the oven as we speak and then I am off to school for the 2nd grade Hanukah party and some supplies for older boy's 5th grade class.

I will bring gym cloths and hit the gym after and then get the kids form school. I have not been faithful with the full time schedual but I am trying to fit it in while I can.

Have a great day, stay warm and have fun shopping, and with all the merriment of the season....
-L
Old 12-08-2004, 11:05 AM   #12  

have a picture to share! My dress pictures (the red dress) don't fit the size I wanted to show off too! oh well- my thighs are getting smaller though- when I kneel like that you can tell... have to try to find some old pictures of me.

Have a great day everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sages' first annual christmas picture.jpg (49.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 12-08-2004, 11:46 AM   #13  
Lovin' Life

Default Good Morning!

Kandice, you look beautiful!!! Is that the soon to be new hubby? Cute!

L- go back and check the bass pro post pls

Sign delivery was early today!!! YAHHH!!!!! so that means I can go for my walk sooner!! I just need to wait until I have to "p" again Then Im off.

Im doing good with my eating, and exercising. Ive been doing pilates with the ball. Its alot harder than it looks. I certainly feel it the next day. I have to keep things fresh or I get too bored.

Not much else happening...have a good one!

Robin
Old 12-08-2004, 12:08 PM   #14  

helps to have friends- I got it - lost some quality- but oh well.

this is the dress that I'm gonna look HOT in when I get to goal.. right now it's on the front of my closet- should put it in front of the refridgerator!

Thanks Robin- Yup- that's the soon to be hubby and his son, Christopher, (Chris II) from his first marriage. The bio-mom signed away her parental rights when they divorced. (they were young obviously) Her loss- my gain!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kandi side dress (small2).jpg (9.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg kandi front dress (small2).jpg (7.9 KB, 58 views)
Old 12-09-2004, 07:30 AM   #15  
Owned by Dixie

I can't believe it is the 9th already!

DH and I went out last night to a party...My tummy is very unhappy this morning!
I am waiting to have some furniture picked uptoday. my brother wants it so back to NY it will go. I also have to track down 13 parents to find out if there little ones will be coming to little man's birthday party this weekend...

Kandice, you look great! I know that dress will look even better in a few weeks! (although I think it looks pretty good now!)

Ruthie, you surviving the season? how is H?

Dottie, Kel I hope you guys ar hanging in there too.

OK really not feeling well....
-L