Old 12-13-2004, 06:47 AM   #1  

Default Weekly chick chat, Dec 13-19

Off to a good week-got my coffee in my christmas mug, did some christmas shopping this weekend, did some minor decorating(changed the towel colors to green, and brought out a few candles and such.) I am not exactly Martha! No walking as it got cold and rainy, except in the mall!

Foodwise, ate heavy on the carbs, but doing a little lower calorie I think. Trying to eat veggies and fruit...grapefruit, some apples. It's going to be a busy week, I have to get some lunches planned. otherwise I buy lunch at work and eat too heavy...or tend to get into the cookies!

that's it for me. Just plan, plan, plan...and squeeze in some exercise-

have a good one,
dottie
Old 12-13-2004, 09:08 AM   #2  

How'd the party go L? 28 kids?! whew!

We went non stop this weekend. dance class, chris' moms, church, and then the pastor that's marrying us- his christmas concert with his singing group. Next weekend too- I can't wait till it's over and then even the wedding's over- I want to go back to the "normal" life and have my weekends back again.

I lost another 2.5 lbs but I'm not changing it on my ticker until next friday when my weigh in day is. Getting tired of the low carb and watching what I eat but I just have to remind myself how much it's been working and to stick to it.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 12-13-2004, 06:08 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hello!

The party was great, thanks for asking. I spent the day finishing up my shopping and then a quick coffee with a friend. Tomorrow is my chickie coffee holiday lunch at a very posh resturaunt. i love the place but it is a rare treat.

hair day on Wed, working at school thursday, coral concert thursday night, kids nutcracker on Friday and then out for break at noon on Friday!

my office is going in on Monday, kids have their belt test next Tuesday and then off to NY on Wed to visit.....I have to get some more auction work done in the meantime and well I think i would like to get some exercise in too, but it seems to be last on my list at the time....

Off to pick up the kids from karate class and then get them dinner and homwork done. I am exausted just typing this out!
-L
Old 12-14-2004, 09:20 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Its quiet in here lately.....but I guess Im to blame just as much as anyone. Ive been doing pretty good. I did a little backslide on Friday. I had decided to weigh myself to make sure I was on the right track. So after a week, of salads, chicken, walking, weights and pilates.....I hadnt lost one single stinkin' pound!!! and I was sooooo good too!!! Thank goodness, I decided to get on the scale and see if things were working. Cuz Id be really pissed if I had gone another week, and my jeans still didnt feel much bigger!!

So I took a free day on Friday, nothing too crazy. Got my mind settled, and got myself on strict induction Saturday morning. Yes I already feel a difference. But I'll get on the scale tomorrow just to make sure. I told dh, that if after another week of eating like this, I dont loose even a single lb, I quit...thats it, what he sees is what he gets!! So he's rootin' for me poor guy.

Have a good one
Robin
Old 12-15-2004, 10:26 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

Default Good Morning!

Its a beautiful sun shiney day here!!! It helps that Im down 4lbs from saturday!! Dh was thrilled!!! He was so worried about having to deal with me if I hadnt lost anything. I tend to get a bit cranky Anyway, its at least 4 because, I stepped on the scale with all my wooly pj's on. It was too flippin cold to take everything off and get on the scale. I figured if it didnt change that was ok, cuz getting naked would bring it down. So I was pleasantly surprised!!

Im going to do some baking today. I figure with my 4lb motivation, I should be ok to not test anything. Ive actually been waiting for this, before I broke out the christmas baking supplies! So, walking, making 2 signs, cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming and baking are whats on the agenda for today.

Have a great day everyone!!
Robin
Old 12-15-2004, 05:57 PM   #6  

I've been MIA just busy with MIL needs, work, etc. eating every little thing that's not nailed down. But I am still trying to squeeze veggies into the day, and it's working. But not well enough to keep me out of the cheeze-its at night last night.

I locked my keyes in the house this morning, and had to get a neighbor to drive me to DS to borrow her car to go to work. NOT a good start to the day. but it was quiet after that. What an idiot. And MIL was dead asleep and is deaf to boot, so ringing my own doorbell did no good. Walked part of the way to DS in 30 degree temp with a light rain coat on, before seeing a neighbor back out of her driveway and save me!

Tonight just curling up after supper away from everyone, and hiding!

Maybe tomorrow will be better!

where is everyone?
dottie
Old 12-16-2004, 10:09 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

Had a good day yesterday. Got a bit of baking done, some rice krispy squares for the grandkids. I didnt get to my signs, but I ran out of time. So thats the first thing on my list today. Good thing the client isnt in a hurry for them!! lol

Got my walk in yesterday....and wouldnt you know it, as soon as I stepped outside. The sun hide, and it started to snow. Not the fluffy stuff, but that hard pellety type stuff!! It was a cold walk!

Have a great day everyone!
Robin
Old 12-17-2004, 12:01 AM   #8  

Hmmm, been in a pre-Christmas funk lately - might be screwy TOM coming up or the hectic schedule or who knows? Boys and I will take the train to SF tomorrow and bring Melis (and much of her stuff) home for the holidays - hopefully that will cheer me up.

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you all - hope my undies get out of their bunch real soon as I don't like feeling out of sorts!

Kel
Old 12-17-2004, 07:53 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Knickers in a knot, Kel? I can certainly relate.

This has been a difficult week so I've not been posting much except in SBD where I kind of have to post as Moderator. Geez! Just realized I'm a MOD here too!

Hershey is still not in good shape so we are off to the vet again this morning for bloodwork to see if the anaemia is improved. We may go ahead with spaying her but I really hesitate to do it just before Christmas! We'll decide when we get the results.
I've got a handle - barely - on Christmas prep. I know it will come together eventually.

Let's all try for something relaxing today. For me, it'll be a mug of herb tea around 5 PM before the dinner and evening hassles begin.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:17 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

All is well here...I have lots to do in the next 2 days. Then its travelling up into northern ontario for a couple days. Christmas will be early at my parents, then back home to spend time with dh's family. Dh's son is being deployed Jan 3rd...so we want to spend as much time as possible with him before he goes. Its not going to be an easy time, and dh is scared to death. All I can think of to help him, is to just be there.

Anyway....Im still op, even with all the stress happening lately...when I dont eat my stress away, I dream it. Some pretty far out dreams lately!!

Have a good day everyone!
Robin
Old 12-17-2004, 02:15 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

:sball2: :sball2: :sball2: Its pretty hard to have a snowball fight when no one pops in.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:49 PM   #12  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hello Chickies,Just a fly by...I am in high gear for the next few days. I am taking the kids to NY for Christmas and I have a million things to do before that happens....
Hug to kel...hang in there, time for new traditions ok?
Ruth...have an eggnog and relax, It will all be ok and I know the four legger will be just fine.
Robin,and all the rest, i( iam am having a fly by brain cramp) Take a few moments for yourself....
-L
Old 12-18-2004, 08:16 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies

Sorry I've been MIA for a long time, work has really been a load of stress the past few months and well, my pea brain can only stand so much. I am off for 2 weeks so I can unwind b/4 going back to more stress LOLOL !!!!!

I just wanted to pop in and say hello !! Its so good to see you all and your all doing so well

Hugs and Kisses !!