Old 10-24-2003, 09:14 PM   #1  

Default help

Hi everyone I am new to the low carb diet and the board I have about 60lbs to lose,if anyone has any advice I could surely use it ,and if anyone needs a diet buddy let me know.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:13 PM   #2  

Hi,
There is a daily thread and also another one (that I follow, Lowcarb freestyle or lcfs) that your welcome to join, either one or both. We are a supportive group and always welcome a new person.
What way of eating (woe) are you following? I've done Atkins, Somersizing, South Beach and Curves, just to mention a few. They have many simularities with some differences that makes them unique enough to sell a book
My main suggestion is to stick to unprocessed foods as much as you can. When you start to eat the bars, drink the shakes and the other convience low carb foods, it's easy to over do it. Plus, they some times have hidden sugars that are just named something else and hard to recognize as sugar.
Keep a journal, write down your weight and take measurements. Even when the scale doesn't move, you can be losing size.
Read all you can (about your woe) and especially, read ingredients on labels. I never thought about it, but they seem to put sugar into everything, even things you won't think they would. If you need suggestions for brands that don't have sugar or are lower carb, let me know. Certain brands are just made without it and you have to look for awhile to find them.
Look at the recipe section here and on other sites for some great recipes to help you to plan your menu's. I get in the same old groove myself (often)-grilled meat and salad -and need to look and see that there are plenty of wonderful things to eat, it just takes some looking to find a good recipe and the willingness to try something different.
If you aren't exercising, try to find something you like. It is so good for you in so many ways and really will accelerate your weight loss. I started with just 2 1/2 min. a day and now am doing at least an hour, sometimes more at different times of the day.
Hey, good luck. I've lost 70 lbs and have 70 or so to go. It doesn't happen over night, but the rewards are great.